Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Aunt May's scene with Gobby is peak cinema.

FROM EEEEEEVIL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DoctorWhat posted:

Aunt May's scene with Gobby is peak cinema.

FROM EEEEEEVIL

That scene is awesome, but I don't know how Marcus can hate her when we got this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCd6HLNW3MQ

She loving knows it's Peter.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

fun hater posted:

dont speak at me

Settle down now

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

fun hater posted:

acting like this is a legit threat to both ip and income instead of a bot sponsored bubble set to pop is lending them clout and credit they havent earned. i dont think you can even prove damages if its monopoly money

less than 300,000 ppl deal in this dumb poo poo. let it go

I am gonna save this quote for when the NFTs rule the world.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Cody Johnson apparently isn't the only creator inspired to make a video looking at how crazy the MCU would be to actually live in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkYwfF7wFZg

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mr.Radar posted:

I've never heard of this channel before but this video popped up on my recommendations. It looks at how the absurdist humor series Charlie the Unicorn (specifically the finale that came out last year) has a lot to say about capitalism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-X-WxZnqx0
i cant believe there's a new Charlie the Unicorn

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

DeafNote posted:

I am gonna save this quote for when the NFTs rule the world.

Are you minting it to the blockchain?

Mr.Radar posted:

Cody Johnson apparently isn't the only creator inspired to make a video looking at how crazy the MCU would be to actually live in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkYwfF7wFZg

The Hawkeye series was strange. An NYC LARPer group of cops, firefighters, and other first responders (those are their actual jobs, but they also LARP on the weekends or something) plays a key role in it. It had a really good car chase sequence at least. Probably the best action setpiece in a long-rear end time in any MCU poo poo.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The first fight between green goblin and Hollands Spiderman was pretty cool

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
The fight in the new spiderman movie was almost as much fun.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

bobjr posted:

The tv show wasn't amazing tv, but it was one of those screwed from the start shows, where they aired everything out of order and were shooting a movie for it at the same time, which took away resources.

This still blows my mind, for anyone who didn't know, they aired the episodes for the Tremors TV show in this order and then were shocked that it didn't do well, when you'd have poo poo like an episode where everyone knows each other and there's like four new dudes you've never seen, then four episodes later one of them is introduced, then an episode later Burt meets one of the main characters after just coming around, then two episodes later they don't know each other yet and just good god almighty.

Air Order 1: Episode 1

Air Order 2: Episode 6

Air Order 3: Episode 7

Air Order 4: Episode 3

Air Order 5: Episode 9

Air Order 6: Episode 4

Air Order 7: Episode 8

Air Order 8: Episode 5

Air Order 9: Episode 10

Air Order 10: Episode 12

Air Order 11: Episode 13

Air Order 12: Episode 11

Air Order 13: Episode 2

They end on loving episode TWO.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
And note that this wasn't Fox, notorious for this kind of poo poo, but the Sci-Fi channel. Yes Sci-Fi, before the whole rebranding to Syfy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember when sci-fi aired the series finale of mst3k as the second to last episode

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

And note that this wasn't Fox, notorious for this kind of poo poo, but the Sci-Fi channel. Yes Sci-Fi, before the whole rebranding to Syfy.

For the entirety of its existence, the phrase that best sums up SciFi/SyFy Channel's entire ethos is basically "We don't give a poo poo."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

And I only just noticed, out of order is one thing when it's maybe a couple episodes hodgepodged, but literally the only episode in the right slot is episode 1 lmao, just incredible effort to gently caress up a series of events that thoroughly.

I think their official word on it was that it was to 'get the action happening sooner' or something ridiculous like that.

The extra shame is that for a season 2, they actually had an appearance for Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward lined up too.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 17, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

Sci-Fi more than most channels seems like it's been a victim of execs screwing over shows that weren't their own so their own things could look good (and seldom did).

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Sci-Fi more than most channels seems like it's been a victim of execs screwing over shows that weren't their own so their own things could look good (and seldom did).

Listen, we can't have anything endangering the ratings of Sharkass vs Cocktopus 6.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

I'll never forget how they killed Stargate: Universe and then tried to blame it on MGM somehow running out of money, which was sort of true, they were in danger of the whole studio folding if Skyfall wasn't a smash hit for them, but still I've never seen a network blame-shift as much as I've seen SyFy's executives do as they tried to explain away every last axe they buried in this show or that show's back when confronted by aggrieved fans of said shows post-cancellation.

It was like if Lizzie Borden tried the Bart Simpson "I didn't do it" gambit or something.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

For a hot minute I thought we were talking about Sliders here, cause that reads like exactly what happened to that show.

Such a good concept for a show, probably would have worked a lot better today than back then :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7FuIoSfptU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Refusing to greenlight the Screw-On Head animated series is when Sci-Fi died for me :colbert:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

I'll never forget how they killed Stargate: Universe and then tried to blame it on MGM somehow running out of money, which was sort of true, they were in danger of the whole studio folding if Skyfall wasn't a smash hit for them, but still I've never seen a network blame-shift as much as I've seen SyFy's executives do as they tried to explain away every last axe they buried in this show or that show's back when confronted by aggrieved fans of said shows post-cancellation.

It was like if Lizzie Borden tried the Bart Simpson "I didn't do it" gambit or something.

It was also telling how fast they canceled Mystery Science Theater once their 'guardian angel' as Best Brains described him left. The show was still pulling decent numbers and, you know, being a success but whomever came in charge thought the show too silly for the channel that aired Sliders.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Pants Donkey posted:

Refusing to greenlight the Screw-On Head animated series is when Sci-Fi died for me :colbert:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjz5EvIqouI

Sterling talks about Sex.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the nft video is nearly here..

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1483660871507189760

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

He also dislikes Jojo, blatantly misreading characters to a degree that implies he failed to pay attention. He'd also double down on this in his more recent video about live-action anime adaptations.

There’s a lot to dislike about Jojo.

I personally have only been able to enjoy Diamond is Unbreakable and Stone Ocean. The rest i think is fairly bad and I gave every other part a pretty fair go. Part 3 for me was only really salvaged by the confrontation with Dio at the end and some of the D’arby stuff

Also i agree with him , I can’t think of a single anime live adaptation that was in anyway better than the show it was based on and almost all of then were terrible. The best one I can think of was the japanese live adaptation of Death Note (not to be confused with the terrible Netflix one).

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Vinny Vinesauce goes on a pizza adventure (including such standbys as batepapo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN-2YZiZCjo

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
the Netflix death note was good actually

I will not elaborate

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Thinking about boogie....

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Gnome de plume posted:

I will not elaborate

Did Kira make you say this by writing your name in the Deathnote?
Please inform us if you die within 23 days
(Or 2 days if you do follow the dumber Netflix rules).

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Gnome de plume posted:

I will not elaborate

Thank you for not posting spoilers of an upcoming hbomb video in here

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Ash Crimson posted:

Thinking about boogie....

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/1483573172305895425

Not surprising. I wasn't even aware they were still making any.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mr.Radar posted:

it always bothered me that the only animated series they worked on for Youtube Red were ones pitched by hollywood writers, instead of, you know, working with popular Youtube animators. it really cemented Alphabet's position on Youtube animators if it wasn't already obvious -- that they are beyond worthless to them.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Mr.Radar posted:

As far as I know, the only success that came out of that was Cobra Kai. And that made the jump to Netflix the second it could.

Maybe Wayne? I heard Wayne was good.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Radar posted:

Hah! I didn't even know this was a thing at all.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

As far as I know, the only success that came out of that was Cobra Kai. And that made the jump to Netflix the second it could.

I mean, when the realized that the "no ads" feature of Youtube Red/Premium was thousands of times more important for anyone who bought it than the original content, that whole division was destined for the dust-bin.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Libluini posted:

Same, first I ever heard of it

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I have YouTube Premium from getting grandfathered into YouTube Music after Google killed Google Play Music, I don't think I ever watched anything from YouTube Originals.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

I really liked Impulse. Shame it got cancelled with most of its plot threads unresolved.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Bakeneko posted:

I really liked Impulse. Shame it got cancelled with most of its plot threads unresolved.
Seems like it's an adaptation of the novel series that was turned into Jumper, so you could read those to find out what happens I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Libluini posted:

To my knowledge, YouTube barely promoted it. A few big channels made one or two things for it and then it just kind of sat around waiting to be killed off.