Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Troublemaker posted:

Even if the wood does end up absorbing the oil, won't it be in just those footprint-shaped spots? It's not going to swallow it or circulate it around the dead wood or anything. It just becomes a permanent stain.

From what I've seen of oiling our cutting boards, it could eventually get pulled in far enough that it disappears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Discus-throw this woman into an acid vat

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"You see, my lack of hygiene and cleaning is in fact good because-"
Shut the gently caress up, get in the acid vat.

Tenkaris posted:

LOL the last post I saw by you mentioned an acid vat too. I don’t know which idea I like more: you have a very finite set of tools which you apply to every problem, or that you just have an acid pit lying around and you’re trying to get your money’s worth.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Now I'm curious as to what subtle hint to shower she is looking out for, because we know it's not a hideous stench. Maggots?

Fun fact: the human body is actually capable of adjusting to a shower schedule and will start giving off signals that it is time to shower.

The signal? Oils. If you wash your hair daily, it’ll get greasy if you skip a single shower, while if you use a shower cap most days and just do one big weekly hair day, your hair will produce oils much slower.

I don’t associate with any filth goblins but I assume skin works the same way. I know my face gets a bit greasy if I have a weekend of not going out or seeing people and can’t be assed to shower before Monday morning/Sunday evening.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 17, 2022

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
the signal is that you leave a puddle of grease on the chair like it's a pepperoni that curled up in the oven

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The moment you realize you've been sliding about, gastropodian, and can't recall when your means of locomotion transitioned away from the bipedal. However, the ease with which you move suggests long practice, of many weeks or months or perhaps as much as a year

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I assumed the body's natural signal that it's time to shower is when someone tries to deep fry a chicken in your armpit-moob-spare tire junction and then when you partake the taste is not as delicious as normal.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

the signal is that you leave a puddle of grease on the chair like it's a pepperoni that curled up in the oven

Another clue is when your bedroom starts to stink of body oder and hormones, it's quite aromatic to say the least.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
AITA for not sharing my Grandmother’s inheritance with my father?

quote:

When I was 13 years old, my mother found out my father was having an affair and he got the other woman pregnant.

After this came out, my father confessed he was in love with the other woman and wanted to leave my mother. She obviously heart broken and didn’t know what to do. We had moved to a new state with my father for work so she had no family around.

My father dropped us like a bad habit soon after this came out. He attempted to keep a relationship with me, but ultimately his new family was “his priority” as he said. Tough to understand for a 13 year old, but whatever. If he didn’t want me, I wasn’t going to need him so my mother and I moved on.

But the only way we were able to move on was with the help of my grandmother. My fathers mothers. She always loved us and was appalled with what her son had done to us. He stopped seeing her as well for the most part. We became very close over the years. Seeing each other for special occasions and holidays while her son was nowhere to be found. She even helped my mom out monetarily when we needed it too.

Unfortunately the years caught up with her and she developed colon cancer. Advanced late stage. Her decline was rapid. Within a few months she was in hospice. Days before she passed, she asked me to call her son to come see her as she knew her time was coming. He’d only been to see her a couple times since she had gotten sick. When he came by, I was visiting as we did every few days and he acted like I was some random person.

Grandma asked him to come back tomorrow, but he said he’d be back in a few days. She passed 4 days later without him coming back despite my calls and texts to come.

She went peacefully with me and my mom by her side. That was hard. I miss her every day. She was my guardian angel most of my life and I know she continues to watch over me.

After the services, (where my father did show up and made a big scene and made it about himself) we were contacted by her lawyer. Unbeknownst to everybody, she left me her house and a good amount of money. $200,000. No idea she did that, but in the will, there was a note to me from her that said: “You are worth it. Love Grandma”

She’s amazing.

Also in her will, she left my father exactly $1 as his inheritance.

When he found out, he went ballistic. Blowing up my phone all the time. Demanding I give him “his house and his money.”

His new wife and his son were messaging me a lot and his son was writing on social media that I manipulated my grandmother.

My father apologized and said he was under a lot of stress because he’s in debt and was banking on this money to come in for bills and to send his son to college. That made me feel bad. Like maybe I should give him something.

I’ve thought about it a lot and I don’t think I’m going to share anything with him and I kind of think that makes me an rear end in a top hat because it seems like they really do need it. But on the other hand gently caress him.

I don’t know…. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

If I don't get an eye watering blast of taint stench everytime I unzip my pants to take a piss then I know I haven't yet achieved peak skin health

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

thunderspanks posted:

If I don't get an eye watering blast of taint stench everytime I unzip my pants to take a piss then I know I haven't yet achieved peak skin health

If you have to unzip your pants to smell it you are absolutely ruining your raw denim jeans by over washing them.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

therobit posted:

AITA for not sharing my Grandmother’s inheritance with my father?

This loving rules, gently caress that guy. Don't give him poo poo.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

This loving rules, gently caress that guy. Don't give him poo poo.

From near the top of the comments:

quote:

Clearly Grandma was pretty sharp. And if she thinks OP is worth it, that's all that matters. NTA.

But still... he is your dad. The boy IS your half brother. Blood does matter and life is too short to remain angry.

They have money problems, so it would be a nice olive branch if you helped them out. Maybe take an example from grandma and send a dollar. That way you've doubled their inheritance. A 100% increase is NOT to be sniffed at.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't care if it's fake, because for a split second I felt true joy imagining the look on that dude's face.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Tarkus posted:

The nice thing about not showering is that your bedsheets are naturally healed by your body's oils and thus require no cleaning. The rich mélange of bodily excretions will keep you young and spry for the rest of your days.

I picture that they'd look like the wrapping of a sausage biscuit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

therobit posted:

From near the top of the comments:

Not gonna lie, they had me in the first half

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

My headcanon for this guy is that he's on his second marriage because his first family left him the night Dez caught it.

He keeps making the same mistake over and over again. Just like the Cowboys.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Of all the posts involving body excretions, somehow natural body oils is the absolute worst one. What the gently caress. Even when I’m sick I can’t go a day without bathing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I don't know what they do to these kids to make them hate and avoid showering rather than finding it relaxing and enjoyable, and perhaps I don't wanna know.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for trying to give my son a reality check?

quote:

My oldest son Matt 24, has this issue where he thinks he’s the most intelligent person in the room. He refused to go to college and called it a scam. He didn’t make that great of grades in high school and is constantly condescending to everyone.

We celebrated my daughter for getting into UCLA. She’s very excited about moving to California and starting her degree in August. She’s 17, so she still has an optimistic view of the world.

Matt starts to say American college is a scam, and good luck with all of your student loan debt.

I told Matt he’s not the most intelligent man in the room and that honor will never belong to him, and he needs to stop criticizing his siblings all of the time.

Matt went upstairs to play video games and has avoided me for 3 days. My wife is upset at me for talking to him like that, but at 24, I’m sick of supporting him. I would love him to move out, but he only works part-time, and my wife won’t allow me to kick him out.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Son is right.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mx. posted:

He’s a 24 year old douche who’s being enabled.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I don't know what they do to these kids to make them hate and avoid showering rather than finding it relaxing and enjoyable, and perhaps I don't wanna know.

my californian "don't use too much water, you'll cause a rolling blackout" clashes with my "let your mind go blank under hot running water for an hour." showers are cool is what i'm saying.

also gently caress deadbeat dads.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lazy_Liberal posted:

my californian "don't use too much water, you'll cause a rolling blackout" clashes with my "let your mind go blank under hot running water for an hour." showers are cool is what i'm saying.

Na gently caress that they can stop growing fuckin almonds and grapes for wine and let me have my god drat shower.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Well played !

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Mx. posted:

This reads like a re-write of that other one about the cryptobro Wendy's manager. Was his name Josh? He sounded like a Josh.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mx. posted:

I mean, he's right... but he's also an idiot doomer whose parents clearly neglected the gently caress out of him while simultaneously enabling his worst tendencies, so gently caress 'em all.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Fun fact: the human body is actually capable of adjusting to a shower schedule and will start giving off signals that it is time to shower.

The signal? Oils. If you wash your hair daily, it’ll get greasy if you skip a single shower, while if you use a shower cap most days and just do one big weekly hair day, your hair will produce oils much slower.

I don’t associate with any filth goblins but I assume skin works the same way. I know my face gets a bit greasy if I have a weekend of not going out or seeing people and can’t be assed to shower before Monday morning/Sunday evening.

A month though? "Sometimes one every two or three months"? I'm aware of the hair-washing thing, but show me someone who's not showered at all for two months and I'll show you someone who smells. Oils aren't the only thing, folks sweat, too.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

the only person i've talked to who went on and on at length about how college is a scam also turned out to be a gamergater who had no job and mooched off his girlfriend and whose long term life plan is to inherit property after his mum dies and then he would have art students live there for free in exchange for creating an anime for him

this property was nowhere near any art college

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean the whole 'college is a scam' thing rings true to the generation who got it hammered into them from birth by literally every one that college is mandatory and an instant ticket to success and then graduated into an economy that demands four years of experience for entry level jobs

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

A month though? "Sometimes one every two or three months"? I'm aware of the hair-washing thing, but show me someone who's not showered at all for two months and I'll show you someone who smells. Oils aren't the only thing, folks sweat, too.

Oh no a month is absolutely insane and I don’t even want to imagine how that poster smells, but body odor is more of a social conditioning thing; it’s pretty common for wild animals to stink. Grease is a more fundamentally physiological signal that your body is nasty and it is time to take a shower/jump in a creek/roll around in dust/et cetera. One sure sign that a pet is depressed or being mistreated is if it has an oily knotty coat.

No one is saying the poster isn’t gross, I’m just saying that even their excuse for being gross is bullshit. They’re saying they’re listening to their body, but even if you don’t care how you smell, greasy skin is literally how your body tells you to it needs to be cleaned.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Grease is a more fundamentally physiological signal that your body is nasty and it is time to take a shower/jump in a creek/roll around in dust/et cetera.

So when you’ve got a body ick and need a clue, you could say that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gqiyqu1GVE

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Grease is the time, is the place, is the motion.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
three months without washing my pussy wagon

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean the whole 'college is a scam' thing rings true to the generation who got it hammered into them from birth by literally every one that college is mandatory and an instant ticket to success and then graduated into an economy that demands four years of experience for entry level jobs

boomers: "Just major in anything, if you have a degree you can walk in anywhere and get a job"
also boomers: "Lol these snowflake kids think their philosophy degree makes them employable" *writes job description demanding senior level experience for an entry level job*

BigHead posted:

I assumed the body's natural signal that it's time to shower is when someone tries to deep fry a chicken in your armpit-moob-spare tire junction and then when you partake the taste is not as delicious as normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AJ2IPcOg_I

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I think everyone is not paying attention to the fact that no shower person also thinks it's acceptable to put their feet on the table. Even if they're washed and clean, I do not want your feet on a table!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
And gently caress how bad are you that your FEET are greasy? I’ve never once dealt with a greasy foot due to lack of bathing. Where the gently caress is that oil coming from

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

teen witch posted:

And gently caress how bad are you that your FEET are greasy? I’ve never once dealt with a greasy foot due to lack of bathing. Where the gently caress is that oil coming from

dripping down, I presume

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

dripping down, I presume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNHF10gRDQQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I had a friend in college that carved a set of gaming dice out of wood and finished them by rubbing them against the side of his nose so his facial grease would sell into the wood. We all refused to touch them or allow him to play with them on common surfaces.