Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Crossposting from the VR thread:

https://www.disneyverse.io/

Disney have scraped up a jumble of buzzwords and paid a website designer to put them all together in one place. That's about the best way I can describe whatever fresh hell this is that they're claiming to have ready by February.

It doesn't *say* NFT, but boy howdy do 'tokenomics' sound like NFTs.

E: I can't find any reference to this anywhere, so it's this literally just someone trying to scam people but pretending to be Disney?

that, quite frankly, does not seem like an official disney site. just another fun crypto scam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Paladinus posted:

And there it is.

you think he would talk about an NFT if he didn't profit from it?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

deadwing posted:

that, quite frankly, does not seem like an official disney site. just another fun crypto scam!

That definitely looks like a scam and I wonder howcome Disney’s lawyers haven’t reduced it to a smoking crater yet.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
maybe they bought a copy of a disney movie for a couple million and now they own all the disney IP

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yeah, that doesn't sound like copy from an official Disney project website.

quote:

So, you could be first in line for any ride at the parks. Also, you could ride attractions that closed many years ago. Oh, and you could ride them with Minnie Mouse. With a metaverse, we will fullfil your wildest park fantasies. This will come to fruition in February 2022. We are looking to bring Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, and other properties together under the same umbrella with a metaverse. The technology aligns with the our brand's goal to tell stories through a "three-dimensional canvas" as highlighted by our CEO Bob Chapek during Disney's fourth-quarter earnings call. “We’ll be able to connect the physical and digital worlds even more closely, allowing for storytelling, without boundaries in our own Disney Metaverse,” Chapek said

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
What a sad state of humanity that we have moved way beyond ICOs and other internet pog related scams, and now into internet pog derivative scams (nfts) that don't even offer a direct path to profit

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Disney have scraped up a jumble of buzzwords and paid a website designer to put them all together in one place. That's about the best way I can describe whatever fresh hell this is that they're claiming to have ready by February.

E: I can't find any reference to this anywhere, so this is literally just someone trying to scam people by pretending to be Disney, which seems like it isn't going to go down well with Disney.

Sounds more like a tcc gimmick thread IMO :350:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Crypto for nothing and your chicks: gas fee (I want my, I want my, I want my NFT)

ADMRL Perkins
Jul 1, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

basically an even lower effort of "we invented coffeecoin to integrate totally real tracking to every coffee bean. buy $COFE today to get in on the ground floor of this investment!" -> people drive the price up by buying it while the actual people behind the scam are selling it out -> entire operation folds overnight. lol!
During the 2017 shenanigans there was a sand mining company that was selling a sand coin backed by.....sand I guess. Around the same time I was looking for a issue ticketing system for work and in the middle of demoing with one company they decided they wanted to be a blockchain based issue ticketing system.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

E: I can't find any reference to this anywhere, so this is literally just someone trying to scam people by pretending to be Disney, which seems like it isn't going to go down well with Disney.

Its built and hosted using wix.com lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I searched for specific terms in their terms and conditions page and these are all connected:

https://icometapresale.io/
https://global-meta.io/
https://apple.icometaverse.io

Related:
https://mobile.twitter.com/tmsbtc/status/1479191000367222788

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 17, 2022

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Paladinus posted:

The first tweet can easily be slightly altered to be about anything crypto-adjacent, I feel.

ADMRL Perkins posted:

During the 2017 shenanigans there was a sand mining company that was selling a sand coin backed by.....sand I guess. Around the same time I was looking for a issue ticketing system for work and in the middle of demoing with one company they decided they wanted to be a blockchain based issue ticketing system.

i wonder how well that decision played out for them :v:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

lmao are they pretending to sell apple stock

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Capture the privileges of the metaverse world with Apple with VR and AR technology. or boiler. Full transparency. More trust, Minimize risk, maximize rewards.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Foo Diddley posted:

lmao are they pretending to sell apple stock

the links on that page go to https://amazon.coinpresale.io/index.html (nevermind how a lot of it doesn't seem to work at all, in general), and the header text is colored the same as the background with links to "prime" and the like, so i assume this is just a particularly blatant scam

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Zamujasa posted:

the links on that page go to https://amazon.coinpresale.io/index.html (nevermind how a lot of it doesn't seem to work at all, in general), and the header text is colored the same as the background with links to "prime" and the like, so i assume this is just a particularly blatant scam

I think its legit.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Zamujasa posted:

trying to submit a message through the "contact us" form redirects you to https://amazo.tokenpresale.cloud/form/contact.php, yet another domain

very poor effort here

E: further laffs in that the countdown timer(s) on the page are static and don't even tick, and the html reveals that the original countdown target was "2021/12/23 18:00:00". someone saved this the day before it was going to end, changed some of the names and images, and then packed it up as a new, original scam. womp womp

E 2: yep there's still a bunch of references to amazon prime, grocery etc. and most of the links were changed to point nowhere. where did you even find this?

Zamujasa fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 17, 2022

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

E: further laffs in that the countdown timer(s) on the page are static and don't even tick, and the html reveals that the original countdown target was "2021/12/23 18:00:00". someone saved this the day before it was going to end, changed some of the names and images, and then packed it up as a new, original scam. womp womp

You mean it's not even a proper scam? It's a counterfeit scam?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Sounds to me like if they haven't even finished making the pages yet it's an opportunity to get in right on the ground floor! Up up up!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

The Lone Badger posted:

You mean it's not even a proper scam? It's a counterfeit scam?

it's a scam in that i'm disappointed the scam is either already over or so half-baked it doesn't work. kind of surprising.

i made an account for shits and giggles and to see if there was anything behind the facade. it looks like they did at least set up something that pretends to look like a crypto scam

however as you can see, you can't actually buy tokens. you can refer people though!

thankfully they have very good instructions on how to buy, since the "buy" button doesn't seem to work

ah. well, nevertheless. maybe the faq page has something

disappointing show, would not buy again

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

thank you Tim Apple for these glorious APL stonks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Zamujasa posted:

it's a scam in that i'm disappointed the scam is either already over or so half-baked it doesn't work. kind of surprising.

i made an account for shits and giggles and to see if there was anything behind the facade. it looks like they did at least set up something that pretends to look like a crypto scam

however as you can see, you can't actually buy tokens. you can refer people though!

thankfully they have very good instructions on how to buy, since the "buy" button doesn't seem to work

ah. well, nevertheless. maybe the faq page has something

disappointing show, would not buy again

1 APL = 1.25 Dollars

Rail = Rail

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so in addiation to a coin scam, is this also trying to get legit passwords/entrynames for apple and disney related accounts?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
not unless they're scraping invalid usernames/passwords from the initial login (which they might very well be doing)

the only info you can put in is a username/password, a wallet address (i just used one i found on google), and optionally phone number and country

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/3PSboyd/status/1482574522444251137

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

poo poo that reminds me i gotta dl the free stuff for the month

Yea do it! Epic is giving away like 400 bucks of stuff this month. lot of cool stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stealthgerbil posted:

Yea do it! Epic is giving away like 400 bucks of stuff this month. lot of cool stuff.

Where?

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
the short story was cringe, sorry

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Empowering women by not being able to get past the title of your not-a-scam-NFT without mentioning their physical appearance

Boss.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Extremely honest y-axis here on this graph, definitely needed the log scale for such dizzying heights as "5"

Also: dunno what for, but I feel like this is a gang tag in waiting.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/assets?count=20&sortBy=effectiveDate&sortDir=DESC&start=0&tag=4910

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks!!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The domain is registered through some Lithuanian registrar that redacts all the contact info instead of CSC Corporate Domains which all the other Disney domains are registered through.

Something seems fishy about that, but I can't quite put my finger on it

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
My friend has been gloating over the last year about his crypto investments gains and telling me to get in. I don't want to because it looks real dumb. I trade some stocks like a dumb person and the crypto seems way dumber. I told him I'd buy in with 10k if BTC ever went down below 50k again. Apparently it did? Ehhhhh I still don't want to. Not super confident in an investment that can be completely annihilated by a flood or riot in loving Kazakhstan or whatever

edit: all his gains have been wiped out because he thought it would only go up and never sold once lol

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The Fattest PI posted:

My friend has been gloating over the last year about his crypto investments gains and telling me to get in. I don't want to because it looks real dumb. I trade some stocks like a dumb person and the crypto seems way dumber. I told him I'd buy in with 10k if BTC ever went down below 50k again. Apparently it did? Ehhhhh I still don't want to. Not super confident in an investment that can be completely annihilated by a flood or riot in loving Kazakhstan or whatever

edit: all his gains have been wiped out because he thought it would only go up and never sold once lol

"Gains." LOL

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Your friend needs a sucker to sell coins to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Zamujasa posted:

pretty bold, taunting one of the single most valuable companies on the planet by pirating and then misusing the most valuable trademark on the planet. apple doesn't exactly forgive and forget with that kind of poo poo