Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Platystemon posted:

This video has the residents’ reaction to the beach room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_xye7OESnc&t=469s

I miss the chaos of that show! I remember watching it with my mom but it's all blurred together now.

I feel like my house is more decorated than most but if those places are a 10 on the dial mine is like a 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

kitten emergency posted:

i had a terrible moment of introspection when I was watching a recent house hunters or something and each new home had pretty much the same finishes as my current one. i think I’m building or gutting/renovating the next house.

This sounds a lot like "my home is reasonable up to date". What's the problem? What finishes?

Unless you are going custom and spending a tone of time and money you're likely to be picking out of the same limited selection of the same finishes (at various price points) as everyone else.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Motronic posted:

This sounds a lot like "my home is reasonable up to date". What's the problem? What finishes?

Unless you are going custom and spending a tone of time and money you're likely to be picking out of the same limited selection of the same finishes (at various price points) as everyone else.

It just feels very boring, I guess? It’s a me problem. I didn’t really want new construction but the market being what it was, and the time constraints we were under when we bought the place, this was the only thing we could find at a price we were willing to pay.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Just purchase an art.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Scarodactyl posted:

Just purchase an art.

Or repaint a couple of walls, or something, make the space your own and this ought to bother you less.

or remodel into a weird dungeon aesthetic with mirror-panel walls in every room

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Tiles: how do they work???

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

gotta hand it to beatmstrJ: you really wouldn't predict a tile job to turn out like this

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Wouldn't that leave some pretty sharp edges in the tub area? Not really wanting to dangle my bits next to some crudely cut porcelain.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I didn't know they made a stylized Lotus Tit artwork for tiles, but I guess you can buy anything on the internet.

But no really, that must be awful for trypophobics.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Is this a gif or do I need to take my meds? I swear this thing is moving.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I feel like the towel rack is looking at me…

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not the towel rack, the soap shelf.

It has seen many horrors.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Scarodactyl posted:

Just make an accent wall with the dazzle camouflage pattern from the HMS Dreadnaught

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
More on the Magnolia Network home improvement drama. These guys dodged a bullet.

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdrjEfv7/

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

BonerGhost posted:

Is this a gif or do I need to take my meds? I swear this thing is moving.
..../
.../
../

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DYzcyQaNuc

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/rebeccamakkai/status/1482049099717386240?s=20

Check the thread for more fun.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

nothing wrong here.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not many pictures, just listed.

Couldn't even be assed to debark the drat things.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7242-Blaine-Rd-Fort-Garland-CO-81133/2066804995_zpid/

Nothing in the description about a well, septic or solar either, just "off grid" with no specifics. No way in gently caress that's passed any county inspection either.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Thread pays off hard the whole way through. This one was my favorite though:

https://twitter.com/rebeccamakkai/status/1482059729526525955?s=21

Just because the expensive photographer says you should have makeup done before your photo shoot doesn’t mean you should have makeup done before your photo shoot.

The publicly posted photo of his teenage daughter in lingerie is classy as gently caress too.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You've gone and ruined my wholesome mental image of a lady who never grew up!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

My favorite was the concrete hand-chairs in the room with the glassed-over oubliette in the floor so you can mock your misbehaving servants

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

That place is decorated by someone who went to Cheesecake Factory a lot and thought it was fancy

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Haha that's the Woodstock, Connecticut Sex Castle. My cycling club leads a ride there, pretty much every summer. It is as weird, tacky, and tasteless as it looks, in person.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I have trouble believing it was made for 4.5 million or whatever.
How ciuld you manage that unless it's made of paper mache and structural foa...oh.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

MrYenko posted:

The publicly posted photo of his teenage daughter in lingerie is classy as gently caress too.

Big Donald, Ivanka energy on this one

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Well, it was used for a filming location for a movie called One Royal Holiday and it features the actor who played the station manager at KACL during the later seasons of Frasier so it can't be all bad.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

null_pointer posted:

Haha that's the Woodstock, Connecticut Sex Castle. My cycling club leads a ride there, pretty much every summer. It is as weird, tacky, and tasteless as it looks, in person.

Yeah based on further in the thread it sounds like it was in fact a sex castle - "massage" rooms everywhere, showers designed for large groups of people, etc. The "modelling" business he tried to start was hiring out models by the hour to satisfy customers' "desire, intrigue and lust".

Which makes the photo of the teenage daughter in lingerie incredibly :yikes:

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
This is live. Do I need to call the fire department?

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDottieD/status/1482830666089775109

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
no, it's likely already set a trouble alarm.

the sprinkler system will discharge if the pressure gets low enough yeah? they'll definitely know then if no one responds to the trouble alarm.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

`Nemesis posted:

no, it's likely already set a trouble alarm.

the sprinkler system will discharge if the pressure gets low enough yeah? they'll definitely know then if no one responds to the trouble alarm.

This. That's a dry system. As soon as the pump can't keep up with the air pressure any longer (which is, by design, the equivalent of one sprinkler head opening) the dry valve is gonna open and charge that entire system with water while triggering a sensor that's gonna make all kinds of lights and noise and call the fire department. While pissing dirty rusty water out of that hole.

The additional weight of the water will likely make several other problems on that well-past-its-service-life system evident. Should be a very expensive day.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Yeah, that's a hammock

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vim Fuego posted:

Yeah, that's a hammock

The original is pretty bad, but that is a ’shop.

Look at how the top part of the support nearest to us is just cloned to make the second and third tiers.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
That explains that then! I'm on my phone and didn't look that closely

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Is there a better place to talk solar panels or battery storage systems for power outages than this thread? Nothing jumped out at me scrolling through DIY

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Found the original.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Is there a better place to talk solar panels or battery storage systems for power outages than this thread? Nothing jumped out at me scrolling through DIY

If nothing else, Fix It Fast is a better general DIY thread, and the wiring thread is better for electrical stuff specifically.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

There's also this one, though it's a little dead: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865561&pagenumber=4&perpage=40

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

:thunk:

I think that this Redditor’s house may have some build quality issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
That's just green baseboard