Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I want you to name one thing Hillary stood for in 2016

Just one thing

Something she really cared about and campaigned on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I remember 2004 when George W told his base that he would stop gay marriage forever and lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it was her turn

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Just one thing

"You will never have single payer healthcare in this country"

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Just one thing

she would tell wall street to cut it out

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
she promised us the dynamic and very good in traffic Tim Kaine

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Just one thing

her winning and getting to be president

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Just one thing

I remember she had that website she was really proud of?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ex post facho posted:

:yooge: MANY SUCH CASES!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Just one thing

ez bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXDU48RHLU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Just one thing

No one will ever know because it would have required going to her website to find out

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

someusername posted:

I feel that I have gone from very much hating Mr Trump, to ironically enjoying his antics because there was nothing else pleasurable in this bleak existance but to stare into the piss sea of absurdity, to admiring him for at least enraging my enemy who pretends to be a friend but fucks my sister when I'm not around, to wanting Trump to gently caress my sister.

:gop:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Just one thing

girl power

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

bi crimes posted:

girl power

the girl in question being hillary herself, of course

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

she was going to nationalize pokemon

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pokemon Go to the Proles

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Just one thing

she stood for it being her turn

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

jemand posted:

Wait what? I didn't know anything about this.

A reasonably well respected constitutional lawyer wrote an article about how at the time Kamala was born children of migrant workers born in the US didn't automatically qualify for citizenship and there isn't really an answer for if Kamala qualifies for the presidency.

https://www.newsweek.com/some-questions-kamala-harris-about-eligibility-opinion-1524483

Instead of actually engaging with the question it instantly turned into a insane check mark vs alt right poo poo flinging escapade.

It should be noted this was written in August 2020 well before the election.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Just one thing

Attempting to compromise with the Fight For $15 by offering $12

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Just one thing

Bernie Sanders Should Not Be President

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Just one thing

Killing Gaddaffi was good.

Also I think she still supported the Iraq war.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Just one thing

fueling the birther movement when obama was beating her in the 2008 election

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CaptainACAB posted:

Killing Gaddaffi was good.

:dementia:

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

yeah it was horrible especially because mummar had more drip than any human alive.

hillary was jealous.

oh yeah also while you can criticize him for a lot of things, his libya was actually a prosperous and stable nation which had a standard of living even the CIA admits was on par with italy, but they wanted to sell oil in euros to avoid the crushing siege warfare america implements on its adversaries, which was unacceptable to hillary, saudi and israel, so he had to die. there are now open air slave markets in the streets of tripoli.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

porfiria posted:

What year are Democrats going to get destroyed in?

Yes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CaptainACAB posted:

yeah it was horrible especially because mummar had more drip than any human alive.

hillary was jealous.

oh yeah also while you can criticize him for a lot of things, his libya was actually a prosperous and stable nation which had a standard of living even the CIA admits was on par with italy, but they wanted to sell oil in euros to avoid the crushing siege warfare america implements on its adversaries, which was unacceptable to hillary, saudi and israel, so he had to die. there are now open air slave markets in the streets of tripoli.

look this issue is multifaceted,

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
i forgot gadaffi was always a devoted anti-imperialist and backed groups as diverse as the PLO, IRA, RAF and ANC.

gadaffi and castro are two mandela would consistently cite as friends and staunch supporters of the ANC, even after he had to moderate to avoid offending the white libs. people got so loving mad when mandela told them that castro and gadaffi "supported them to the hilt" and he would not accept the narrative that these men were his enemies.

it ruled.

CaptainACAB has issued a correction as of 09:11 on Jan 17, 2022

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

i say swears online posted:

look this issue is multifaceted,

was that mural originally a big titty hillary?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Just one thing

No fly zones lol

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Just one thing

Not wanting this country to go backwards

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

LastInLine posted:

I think it's a bad idea to compare anyone to Hillary simply because she's hated in a way and to such a degree that she's unique in history. I'm not certain any lessons are to be learned because no one else is the target of such loathing.

imo the one lesson is that if you're a universally despised public figure, deserved or not, you should probably not be the nominee

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hillary campaigned on the historicity of a woman president, or at least that's the only thing her constituency really cared about.

It's bad enough to lose by sucking or everyone just hating you, but Hillary lost the primary in 08 because her campaign didn't understand how caucuses work, and she lost '16 because they forgot how the Electoral College works. And these are the people who expect us to believe they're they're the most qualified.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

cagliostr0 posted:

A reasonably well respected constitutional lawyer

lmao

That guy lost all his various jobs as a lawyer and professor because he was a stop the steal lawyer after the 2020 election. Also you're that guy who tried to dunk on marx earlier in this thread.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Noob Saibot posted:

lol that's good tell another

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Noob Saibot posted:

go back to D&D

sombrero
Oct 1, 2007

Noob Saibot posted:

That's the best and only thing she could come up with when campaigning to be the most powerful person in the world? LOL

edit: she didn't actually campaign so this post gives her way too much credit

sombrero has issued a correction as of 15:28 on Jan 17, 2022

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

cagliostr0 posted:

A reasonably well respected constitutional lawyer wrote an article about how at the time Kamala was born children of migrant workers born in the US didn't automatically qualify for citizenship and there isn't really an answer for if Kamala qualifies for the presidency.

https://www.newsweek.com/some-questions-kamala-harris-about-eligibility-opinion-1524483

Instead of actually engaging with the question it instantly turned into a insane check mark vs alt right poo poo flinging escapade.

It should be noted this was written in August 2020 well before the election.

Thanks I hate it. Not because of any love lost to Kamala, just because I didn't know this was a thing and that others born in the US were denied citizenship.

Since the severe repercussions of being stateless or not having legal standing in the place you were born, possibly even place your parents were born, is so vast I believe that humane international law would be as expansive as possible. Minimal to no exceptions to birth citizenship, no restrictions on passing parental citizenship down based on gender or age etc. I.e I remember the reason Obama's location of birth matters was because his teenage mother literally wasn't old enough to reach the "parent must have lived in the US for five years after age 15" clause the law then required in order for blood citizenship to be extended so it hinged on soil citizenship. That's insane. To this day there still are several nations not permitting citizenship to pass through the mother at all, any age. Also insane.

Maybe except diplomats and a few other cases, but if you are at risk go to jail for felony theft of assault in a nation than you are clearly subject to that nation's jurisdiction.

Anyway, this being hellworld and since rolling back citizenship to non-whites as much as possible is clearly a GOP project now, I would not be surprised if Trumps Supreme Court rules Kamala isn't natural born citizen. And it would be funny.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's not even going to get that far, because the Republican congress will impeach her for it and actually have a case. After they've already impeached Bare Shelves Biden that is.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

sombrero posted:

That's the best and only thing she could come up with when campaigning to be the most powerful person in the world? LOL

i mean their entire party's mo is lying about campaign promises and chiding people who mention them so a vague fart in a bag of a policy designed to make people huff patriotism and nothing else sounds about right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

30.5 Days posted:

lmao

That guy lost all his various jobs as a lawyer and professor because he was a stop the steal lawyer after the 2020 election. Also you're that guy who tried to dunk on marx earlier in this thread.

Yeah this lawyer just reads as insane. Exactly what specific "lack of jurisdiction" effects come from being on a temporary visa? I also always understood that line in the 14th amendment to be referring to Native Americans born on sovereign reservations, or i suppose, diplomats. I'd also believe it I guess if there's a birth midair on an internationally arriving plane that has not yet touched down. I understand that's when jurisdiction on any crimes committed in air switches, so it stands to reason birth citizenship could be similarly restricted.

I could be wrong about some of those details but there's major handwaving around this "jurisdiction" issue with no concrete examples of why it matters. Those examples are insanely easy to come by for diplomats and things occurring on sovereign reservations.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's not even going to get that far, because the Republican congress will impeach her for it and actually have a case. After they've already impeached Bare Shelves Biden that is.

Ahaha, yes, thank you for the reminder. NONE of that matters at all, one bit. No need bothering to get my brains to emit some partially coherent thoughts, I should just read thread title again, & lmao.

jemand has issued a correction as of 15:16 on Jan 17, 2022