Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Played Anacrusis. I like the character designs and 70's retro-futuristic aesthetic quite a bit.

It's early access, and you can tell. The gun feel is not good and enemies just sort of flop or float like they're weightless. There are very few guns to choose from.
I'll shelve this for awhile and come back later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Infinite looks nice and plays really well but playing MCC the campaign is kind of a joke by comparison.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Not sure id call MCC a joke, but whatever floats your boat I guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hes saying infinites campaign is worse than ones found in mcc afaict

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Hes saying infinites campaign is worse than ones found in mcc afaict

Correct.

Inifinite is fun but there is more variety in the first couple hours of Reach than the entirety of Infinite.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reach just owns

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Infinite is the first and only good halo campaign

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

To me

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheHorrorMaster/status/1482542399503040513

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:hai:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I just learned that Gary Cole did voice work for the Hitman trilogy. Anyone know who he voices?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He’s friends with Gary Busey in the special Gary Busey assassination mission

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

hatty posted:

He’s friends with Gary Busey in the special Gary Busey assassination mission

Are you serious? Because that sounds like the best video game mission ever.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Oh my God it is true. I'm need to finish Infinte Campaign so I can concentrate on Hitman.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat can't argue with an actual GOAT

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
If I recall, they had an online poll to decide whether you were gonna kill Gary Cole or Gary Busey in the mission. Busey won, so Cole plays a side character.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1482680396089335809?s=20

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1482680396089335809?t=7etsndid_GX5P7fP4rMC3Q&s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It won’t be the greatest till it gets COOP. As all halo games should have.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I just got a Series X and I haven't done any console gaming since the XB360 and I feel so out of it. :corsair:

I'm pleasantly surprised to see so many of my 360 games are backwards compatible though!

I have no idea what pass, if any, is the best one to buy. I'll be playing sporadically, and mostly family friendly games, so probably the bare minimum.

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 17, 2022

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Kevyn posted:

If I recall, they had an online poll to decide whether you were gonna kill Gary Cole or Gary Busey in the mission. Busey won, so Cole plays a side character.

God drat it, it's not playable anymore.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Sean Bean ones are still available I think

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

FistEnergy posted:

I just got a Series X and I haven't done any console gaming since the XB360 and I feel so out of it. :corsair:

I'm pleasantly surprised to see so many of my 360 games are backwards compatible though!

I have no idea what pass, if any, is the best one to buy. I'll be playing sporadically, and mostly family friendly games, so probably the bare minimum.
Ha I'm planning to just (re-) play my backwards compatible X360 games for a while, after I get my SeX next week :woop:

Wait. Do modern Xboxes still come with region locks? Because my Xbox 360s were American.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don’t agree but it’s cool carpenter is a gamer.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

orcane posted:

Ha I'm planning to just (re-) play my backwards compatible X360 games for a while, after I get my SeX next week :woop:

Wait. Do modern Xboxes still come with region locks? Because my Xbox 360s were American.

They're all region free

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I said come in! posted:

I don’t agree but it’s cool carpenter is a gamer.

He's the worst kind though.

He's a sonic fan 😁

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Got bored and am trying the Stadia Pro demo. It seems better performing than xcloud (noticeably in Destiny 2), but that may be due less to better infrastructure and more "nobody uses Stadia"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Roman posted:

Got bored and am trying the Stadia Pro demo. It seems better performing than xcloud (noticeably in Destiny 2), but that may be due less to better infrastructure and more "nobody uses Stadia"

All the streaming platforms are going to have variance for the end user based on a lot of factors. Stadia may genuinely just work better for you.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

been playing tropico 6 on gamepass and the multiplayer is pretty fun, when it does not crash

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
drat, the ascent is loving beautiful.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Roman posted:

The problem was never the system, I think most agree stadia is the best performing by far. It's that they didn't have a sub service with games on offer at launch.
Huge problem when the main game they offered for at least the first 6 months was destiny 2, and destiny was already going f2p at the time. They do now, but it's more akin to ps+. Service still isn't worth it unless you don't have a next gen system and don't plan on it for a bit.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 17, 2022

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Lammasu posted:

God drat it, it's not playable anymore.

Yeah, it was an Elusive Target, a time limited thing. I'm guessing Square-Enix (publisher at the time) didn't get the rights for more than once, because they never ran it again unlike the other Elusive Targets. They're adding a way to replay them in an upcoming update for Hitman 3, but I doubt you'll be able to kill Gary Busey again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUthkCQocs0

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

External Organs posted:

drat, the ascent is loving beautiful.

It actually sucks tho and I let myself stupidly believe the hype

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I played The Ascent when it just came out but stopped pretty quickly because the difficulty got really up there all of a sudden, and I don't like to grind much. Is it still as punishing?

I hear that they've added difficulty options since then so I've been meaning to try again. I'm still interested in exploring the world so I guess I mostly want some kind of Story Mode difficulty, which the game doesn't have.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm still in the beginning-ish region so I can't speak to the difficulty... It does seem to have some obtuse systems though. But I play Path of Exile and like it so we'll see how it goes.

(Which, btw, if anyone wants to get in on PoEs next season which starts in early February, I will be happy to show you the ropes. I am not like a god tier player poop sock player but I can definitely help you get to Maps. I think I'm one of the few console players that posts in the thread).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

It actually sucks tho and I let myself stupidly believe the hype

Yeajh the graphics only go so far when you are having to walk like 20 actual kilometers between boring objectives

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeajh the graphics only go so far when you are having to walk like 20 actual kilometers between boring objectives

Y'all know there's like a taxi system right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Ascent owns. It you are fighting against guys 10 levels above you then you are in the wrong area! You don't need to grind!