Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/incognitofinito/status/1481627267906383880
https://twitter.com/findomearle/status/1449818996010852360
https://twitter.com/OOCYakuza/status/1429808692724125696?s=19
https://twitter.com/sitandsai/status/1410343305716678659?s=21

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/583590805894332426/900902403753259018/Apex_crossover.mp4
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/162410624998047744/846686810717552640/video0-81.mp4

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 11:00 on Jan 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

food for thought 🤔

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Started a war with Persia ✅

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Ha! Joke’s on you; it took much longer than two seconds to load this thread!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This one almost has enough pixels to read.

Seaworld Orlando actually is getting a coaster with that name.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Hell yeah, post more thoosie memes

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Can someone repost the wordle loss.jpg meme? I need to shitpost in a Facebook thread.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

null_pointer posted:

Can someone repost the wordle loss.jpg meme? I need to shitpost in a Facebook thread.

https://twitter.com/eigenrobot/status/1479571671841267713

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Asehujiko made an effortpost about the Blue Streak incident in the OSHA thread.

Asehujiko posted:

On the other end of the spectrum there's Conneaut Lake Park. CLP was blue collar park supported through local volunteers and managed by a board of trustees bringing in a few hundred thousand a year until covid hit. Enter Todd Joseph. Joseph is a successful* business man who claims he's willing to be an investor for turning the park's fortunes around and growing it post-covid. The board agrees and turns over ownership of the land for $1.2 million... aaaaand Joseph immediately sells half the park off for scrap and demolishes it. After much legal back & forth, he is explicitly told not to demolish the park's other Interbellum-era historical structures, including their 85 year old roller coaster and ACE historical landmark, Blue Streak.

*later investigations discover that he's actually a Trumpian figure who mismanages everything he owns into the ground and makes all his profit entirely off corporate welfare.

Instead, Joseph gets a controlled burn permit for burning off "old wood". With which he pulls a Joker-and-the-money-pile from The Dark Knight and sets all the old railings and support beams that need replacement on fire without first removing them from the historical structures he wasn't allowed to demolish directly. It turns out that his entire business plan was to destroy the park and force the local community to give him money to rebuild the park if they ever want to have anything more than a pile of rubble again and skim off the top of that.

https://www.meadvilletribune.com/ne...9c8c461eec.html

Now the real OSHA-thread part of this is that the maintenance staff wasn't informed that this would be happening to the structures they were working on. Robber barons burning down factories for insurance money without informing the workers inside, now in 21st century form!

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:chloe:

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

:tipshat:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Toxic guy seems dedicated

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I can't tell if this is mocking the person on the left or on the right, or whether it's trying to make a genuine point. What a confused meme.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Edit: ^^ lol

I can't tell if this is being ironic or not but yikes either way

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lmao I feel like I just watched someone try to cut a Gordian Knot about a social problem no one but them were having, only to stab themselves in the balls

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KvyKNSV7U

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhgpelu0vY

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bike tory posted:

I can't tell if this is mocking the person on the left or on the right, or whether it's trying to make a genuine point. What a confused meme.

The concept of toxicity in this context has always been dubious, especially since you could probably make the exact same meme in reverse and whichever version you nod along to probably indicates a lot about your personality, or at least whichever internet circles you tend to roll in. The internet's been pendulum-swinging back and forth about what constitutes "self-care" for the last ten years or so, and the person on the left caricatures some very actual attitudes regarding self-care and depression that were in vogue 6 or 7 years ago. The flip side of this one is that there's also a very real current of shittiness that develops in fitness centric communities that creates an environment of appearance-focused toxicity that can push people within it to unhealthy extremes. The guy who would be saying the positive stuff the fit guy is saying probably also would not look like that fit guy. Again, though, much of what the person on the left is saying were not uncommon attitudes among people in more niche communities like Tumblr that have since filtered up into the general population. There are plenty of memes around Instagram and Facebook talking about a vague sort of "self-care" that focuses on unrestricted diets, personal leisure time and other nonspecific activities as pathways to mental health, or at least not making it worse. They virtually never mention physical activity more strenuous than a walk, and at extremes are actually hostile to the idea of exercise as having any bearing, or if anything a negative (in the vernacular, "toxic") effect, on mental health. The meme seems to me to be clearly leaning toward mocking the latter while praising the former, and in typical fashion burying whatever valid point it might have in spite

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

The only non-toxic person is a dog.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'll have a small fries and a large frosty please

Chocolate, obviously

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Heath posted:

The concept of toxicity in this context has always been dubious, especially since you could probably make the exact same meme in reverse and whichever version you nod along to probably indicates a lot about your personality, or at least whichever internet circles you tend to roll in. The internet's been pendulum-swinging back and forth about what constitutes "self-care" for the last ten years or so, and the person on the left caricatures some very actual attitudes regarding self-care and depression that were in vogue 6 or 7 years ago. The flip side of this one is that there's also a very real current of shittiness that develops in fitness centric communities that creates an environment of appearance-focused toxicity that can push people within it to unhealthy extremes. The guy who would be saying the positive stuff the fit guy is saying probably also would not look like that fit guy. Again, though, much of what the person on the left is saying were not uncommon attitudes among people in more niche communities like Tumblr that have since filtered up into the general population. There are plenty of memes around Instagram and Facebook talking about a vague sort of "self-care" that focuses on unrestricted diets, personal leisure time and other nonspecific activities as pathways to mental health, or at least not making it worse. They virtually never mention physical activity more strenuous than a walk, and at extremes are actually hostile to the idea of exercise as having any bearing, or if anything a negative (in the vernacular, "toxic") effect, on mental health. The meme seems to me to be clearly leaning toward mocking the latter while praising the former, and in typical fashion burying whatever valid point it might have in spite

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPGC4eUAjVI

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Heath posted:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The joke is that the person who made the meme is toxic, I thought. Like I thought that was the point. Are you supposed to side with the muscle man? If so then this meme is mad at tumblr and sjws in a manner unbecoming.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Muscle guy is right though.

Because he's a man.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Heath posted:

Yeah that was my first read of it too, basically that it was a meme in the "I identify as an attack helicopter" vein that was mocking tumblrites for labelling the supposedly common views on the right as being toxic. But then the person on the right is too much of a caricature too, it comes off a lot as someone from tumblr mocking a gym bro.

Anyway it's a poo poo meme probably made by a fash

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ragnar34 posted:

The joke is that the person who made the meme is toxic, I thought. Like I thought that was the point. Are you supposed to side with the muscle man? If so then this meme is mad at tumblr and sjws in a manner unbecoming.
I think it's a shitpost designed to sow chaos and encourage factionalizing by presenting a poo poo binary and daring people to take a side, most likely by a "nihilist" who "just wants to see the world burn" but runs in fash circles "just by accident I swear."

And if someone wants to claim they did it "ironically" to "make a point" seriously then they're dumb as gently caress anyway and should get swirlies.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Did a fat person hurt you?

also I find it funny that I recognize that body builder from the 30 seconds of Always Sunny that he's in, but I guess he's been relatively famous for decades...

PittTheElder has a new favorite as of 19:03 on Jan 17, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PittTheElder posted:

Did a fat person hurt you?

also I find it funny that I recognize that body builder from the 30 seconds of Always Sunny that he's in, but I guess he's been relatively famous for decades...

Just gonna fire off some reverse curls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU7hr8oR7GM

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ragnar34 posted:

I think it's a genuine (sarcastic, but with intent) meme made by a bodybuilding dude who is upset that people say that bodybuilding culture is toxic. For some reason he's picked one particular flavor of tumblrite strawman as his antithesis, and is sarcastically saying that that social group's attitudes (which he has made so goddamn crazy) are considered healthy by society, while his (which he has characterized as very reasonable) are considered toxic.

Basically it's just very calm hitler.jpeg