Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The cult of personality around incredibly boring and unlikable politicians and government employees that have accomplished almost nothing is such a bizarre thing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Eggplant Squire posted:

The cult of personality around incredibly boring and unlikable politicians and government employees that have accomplished almost nothing is such a bizarre thing

imagine being proud of someone for passing Obamacare lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Obama drank the water* and that was the end of it. What more do you want?

*lol not Flint water

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

America deserves to end

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Eggplant Squire posted:

church of the apparatchik

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

In France, we expected Trump to sign the accord and do nothing about climate change. Now we expect Biden to sign it and do nothing about climate change. Anyone who believe the Paris Accord will save anything is the dumbest motherfucker to ever live.But here they are the savior of the world asking people to stop mocking them. :sigh:

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 19:08 on Jan 17, 2022

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChampagneSharks/status/1482471556467105802?s=20

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Good. Burn it all down.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

coward bitch blocked me

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Toplowtech posted:

In France, we expected Trump to sign and do nothing about climate change. Now we expect Biden to sign it and do nothing about climate change. Anyone who believe the Paris Accord will save anything is the dumbest motherfucker to ever live.But here they are the savior of the world asking people to stop mocking them. :sigh:

it was Obama who made it the Paris Agreement not an accord, because he demanded it be non-binding or Obama wouldn’t sign it. Obama made sure it would do nothing lol

That’s why it was so easy for trump to leave and Biden to join back, because it doesn’t actually do anything it’s just a statement of hopes.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

blue wave emoji googling what happens to a wave after it goes up

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jesus christ

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

thanks i loving hate it

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Okay TikTok is garbage now and it's all this woman's fault.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

thats what you do when you're socially repellent, go back into the viper den full of narcissists and sociopaths to have a rebrand sesh instead of simple civic duties and governance

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

lmao yeah idk if japan and south korea are gonna be backing us up bro

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Nichael posted:

Psaki is one of the most unlikable people on the planet.

She has a couple of good qualities that I'm sure she was selected for

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

It functionally wouldn't mean anything different than a 51% majority, but I do hope the GOP runs up the score in the House in 2022 to absurd levels.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

I don't want trump to be president again but goddamn it would be funny to see these people's reactions

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

I don't want trump to be president again but goddamn it would be funny to see these people's reactions

The psaki thirst is something else.

Probably because she has that private school bully vibe / "I know it all attitude" that liberals seem to adore.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1387792858862718980

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

these people are deranged

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

what is wrong with these people

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

made it 1.25 seconds before pausing and never watching again

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jen Pstacki

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Eggplant Squire posted:

there were dozens of wildly ineffective and obviously impotent e.g.Roman emperors who still had cadres of sycophants and clingers-on. There's a significant chunk of humanity that just instinctively attaches onto people to follow and worship

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

gradenko_2000 posted:

Margaret THEEtcher

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

smythe will be posting in 3... 2... 1...

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

stop it

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Greg Legg posted:

what is wrong with these people

ever read the Terry Pratchett book Hogfather? there's a subplot that is entirely based on the author deciding to interrogate the thought "there's a limit to what people can believe in." the local Santa-analogue stops existing, for reasons, and in response a bunch of tiny new folk spirits start popping up. the God of Hangovers, the Hair Loss Fairy, the Foot Fungus Gnome, all of which about as confused about their sudden existence as everyone else is. all the belief people used to have in Santa is sloshing around looking for an outlet, and so these new and extremely lovely little gods are being called into being.

nobody believes in the Democratic Party, nobody believes in Biden, nobody believes in Harris, but there are still people who are threatened by Republican politics and so find themselves aligned with the Democrats by default. and their faith has to go SOMEWHERE.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Breakfast All Day posted:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

there were dozens of wildly ineffective and obviously impotent e.g.Roman emperors who still had cadres of sycophants and clingers-on. There's a significant chunk of humanity that just instinctively attaches onto people to follow and worship

Yeah but like Kermit the Frog is right over there. He's knows how to sing and he's even a manager.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

ever read the Terry Pratchett book Hogfather? there's a subplot that is entirely based on the author deciding to interrogate the thought "there's a limit to what people can believe in." the local Santa-analogue stops existing, for reasons, and in response a bunch of tiny new folk spirits start popping up. the God of Hangovers, the Hair Loss Fairy, the Foot Fungus Gnome, all of which about as confused about their sudden existence as everyone else is. all the belief people used to have in Santa is sloshing around looking for an outlet, and so these new and extremely lovely little gods are being called into being.

nobody believes in the Democratic Party, nobody believes in Biden, nobody believes in Harris, but there are still people who are threatened by Republican politics and so find themselves aligned with the Democrats by default. and their faith has to go SOMEWHERE.

and how's somewhere working out for em? faith is for the sleepers since it's convenient and passive rather than organizing. I see no faith, I see cowardice instead. Faith is for the real movers, the agitators for human dignity and rights, not this pageantry and theatrics removed beyond the realm of humanity that you get an abstraction of goodness radiating from a rot because you want it to be something that it will never be, a fantasy.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Page 4465 most offensive page in succ zone herstory

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought he was the ohgod of hangovers, tho?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

and how's somewhere working out for em? faith is for the sleepers since it's convenient and passive rather than organizing. I see no faith, I see cowardice instead. Faith is for the real movers, the agitators for human dignity and rights, not this pageantry and theatrics removed beyond the realm of humanity that you get an abstraction of goodness radiating from a rot because you want it to be something that it will never be, a fantasy.

i mean they're making songs about how cool jen psaki is after all the andrew cuomo songs aged poorly, so i'd say it's not working out very well

it's one of the touches of the book i like best: the first things birthed from a dead god are just the most awful little shits imaginable, things nobody would ever want to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Breakfast All Day posted: