Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hibajubwa posted:

What did they do to Quillmane now?

The patches (and raid scene/rules) in p99 are really helpful in keeping me from playing again.

If its the same change they talked about a while ago basically they made all of South Karana into possible placeholders for Quillmane instead of the 2 PHs there were before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

please knock Mom! posted:

RIP easy levitate clicky

What are the ZEM changes? I hate the loving hole, can we go somewhere else now?

Too many to list, but you can check it here.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3389690&postcount=10

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Basically you need to kite the entirety of south karana to make QM spawn now lol

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Velious armor textures are borked (at least on Blue) and staff has allegedly said they will fix after all the raid stuff is dead

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Kild posted:

If its the same change they talked about a while ago basically they made all of South Karana into possible placeholders for Quillmane instead of the 2 PHs there were before.

but is it classic??

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Solarin posted:

but is it classic??

It is the same as it is on live now. Classic in this context is anything that changes the game to make it harder and more annoying to players.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Solarin posted:

but is it classic??

they should make it even more classic by switching p1999 to use the same client as TAKP. no more mouse wheel camera scroll, cowards!

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

retpocileh posted:

drat. Could you give a brief rundown of how you do that?
Get your gear arranged ahead of time, know where you want to go, have a high level alt around to break camps if you need it, and most of all don't die.

Big proviso: pre-kunark there were a lot of differences in ZEM, quest XP, and balance. Mage pets were pretty OP compared to how they are now. There was also a helpful bug that let you form a group with yourself even with no one else around - this was particularly helpful for pet classes where being in a group prevents your pet from halving your XP when they deal 50+% dmg while you're soloing.

Erud mage so leveling path was
1-12ish Qeynos, Qhills and BB with an emphasis on gnoll fang quest XP
Grab a few ports to turn in torch in SolRoTemple
12-24ish in Unrest
24-34 in Highkeep with an emphasis on goblins ear quest XP
34-50 in Kedge

Would probably take more like 40-50 hours these days doing the same thing.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
During the COVID lockdowns last year I managed to get an Enchanter to 60 on blue in about two months. 1-50 was a month, 50-60 was a month. I like soloing and it was easy enough just to charm kill stuff to 60.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
I don't know why but I got the itch again and have a Dwarf Paladin at 16 on Green in a whirlwind. My only character on Green. Someone was nice and crafted me a full set of banded, and I have like 1 bloodforge piece, and a couple pieces of bronze armor wise. Weapon I have the low level mace from permafrost but at least its magic and I got Shiny Brass shield leveling in Crushbone.

I have like 300pp saved up if anyone has some cheap DWF/PAL gear that is an upgrade over banded.

IGN is Kraggur, currently in EC trying to get some minor upgrades.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

So after a long hiatus, I tried re-rolling a low level character. Seconds after deleting it said the name was rejected. Has there been some kind of cleansing that doesn't allow people to re-roll with the same name?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

wazu posted:

So after a long hiatus, I tried re-rolling a low level character. Seconds after deleting it said the name was rejected. Has there been some kind of cleansing that doesn't allow people to re-roll with the same name?

There might just be a few minutes needed to sync with the server, but I do remember there being an exploit with players sacrificing a high level character, then creating a low level character with the same name and being able to loot the corpse with all its no drop loot, essentially allowing you to transfer high end items to other players etc. So yeah, rerolling with the exact same name might just be blocked.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

wazu posted:

Someone in my guild said that they have a lot more name filters in place now. He has multiple characters with only slight differences in the name and he says now after like the 3rd or 4th one he can't make any more similar sounding ones. FWIW.

Im actually worried they may zap one of my names eventually so im squatting on a couple other acceptable names just in case.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Do they? I've seen a lot of names like Occupied America and BasedandRedpilled.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Kild posted:

Gonna pour out a foraged water in memory of naked female barbarian corpses named Debbiedoeshalas

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kild posted:

lol that picture

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Thanks, all. Not sure if it matters but this was on Red. Checked today and name still isn't available. Had been parked for many years. It's a simple, good one, but not in any way a joke name or against any policies. Maybe it's something to do with the Green server and shared names. Whatever it is warning to all that if you think you can reroll some low level char and it'll let you keep the name don't be so sure.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

wazu posted:

Thanks, all. Not sure if it matters but this was on Red. Checked today and name still isn't available. Had been parked for many years. It's a simple, good one, but not in any way a joke name or against any policies. Maybe it's something to do with the Green server and shared names. Whatever it is warning to all that if you think you can reroll some low level char and it'll let you keep the name don't be so sure.

This is something even a lowly guide can find out really quickly - whether there's another character named that stuck in the db or if it is actually a banned name or something. Most name stuff is handled via in-game petitions, but this is probably best handled on the forums. Make sure you're clear that you're not looking for a name change, just trying to figure out why you can't make a new character with the name of a character you just deleted.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

aparmenideanmonad posted:

This is something even a lowly guide can find out really quickly - whether there's another character named that stuck in the db or if it is actually a banned name or something. Most name stuff is handled via in-game petitions, but this is probably best handled on the forums. Make sure you're clear that you're not looking for a name change, just trying to figure out why you can't make a new character with the name of a character you just deleted.

Thanks, trying that out.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Received a response:

"Greetings! I'm so sorry to hear this! Unfortunately; that name was created on the Green Server and, therefore, prevents it from being created on other servers."

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Huh so they are going to do the merge after all

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
It's kind of bizarre they're blocking the name on Red. wonder if they'll let people xfer there after Green sunsets?

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Orange DeviI posted:

Huh so they are going to do the merge after all

They definitely will IMO. Mostly because Green's progression didn't go as smoothly as I think they wanted so it wasn't the true classic progression like they wanted. They will roll green into blue and then make a new green with what they learned this first time around that should be pretty much 'perfect'.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

insider posted:

They definitely will IMO. Mostly because Green's progression didn't go as smoothly as I think they wanted so it wasn't the true classic progression like they wanted. They will roll green into blue and then make a new green with what they learned this first time around that should be pretty much 'perfect'.

Define "Perfect", the game in 1999 was janky as hell. It feels like there Ideal is best described as "Lawyer Quest" :P

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Getting the timeline down probably. I know hybrid penalties were in longer than they should've been.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

PyRosflam posted:

Define "Perfect", the game in 1999 was janky as hell. It feels like there Ideal is best described as "Lawyer Quest" :P

The timeline has been pretty off for patches, and Green is actually off timeline right now. Warrens isn't even released yet right? We are at least 3 patches and 2 months behind:

24 10/1/2021 March 2001 Plane of Fear and Plane of Hate revamps, The Warrens are unearthed
25 11/5/2021 April 2001 Velious Racial Helms [19], Ornate Velium Pendant now drops with limited charges [20]
26 12/3/2021 May 2001 Runnyeye revamp, Quiver haste introduced [21], Holgresh Elder Beads no longer drop [22], Wizard translocate spells added (Fay, Tox, North, Combine, Group) [23]

insider fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 11, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think they were (or are) behind on adding the extra bind points too.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I logged back in to p1999 for the first time in years. It took me forever to remember my account name/password. I still have a few characters with the <Unknown Guild> tag. I think I gave away all my cool poo poo like Fungi tunic and whatnot. My Shaman still has some solid gear though. I had like ~700k at one point but I think I gave it all away to goons. I got good at looting recharge parties from the big guilds.

Anyone still playing?

Should I reroll on green?

I am travel nursing now, so for 4 days a week I have nothing to do in a city where I know nobody. Currently in Detroit and bored as poo poo. Figured I could play some EQ to kill time.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I'm still going strong on Blue. Left Unknown Guild and joined Kittens a few months back, so you're probably the only active member tagged atm.
Think most goons are playing on Green.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

I'm on blue. And condolences on being in Detroit

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
It would be cool if EverQuest kept some classic stuff but wasn’t a hell nightmare to control and deal with UI and inventory stuff

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Dirt posted:

I logged back in to p1999 for the first time in years. It took me forever to remember my account name/password. I still have a few characters with the <Unknown Guild> tag. I think I gave away all my cool poo poo like Fungi tunic and whatnot. My Shaman still has some solid gear though. I had like ~700k at one point but I think I gave it all away to goons. I got good at looting recharge parties from the big guilds.

Any stories about that? That sounds hilarious. Why would anyone ever do that in an accessible place?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Communist Q posted:

Any stories about that? That sounds hilarious. Why would anyone ever do that in an accessible place?

So it started because I made a Erudite Paladin one day. I found a Bladestopper on a vendor there that someone in a raid guild forgot to buy back when they were doing recharges. I paid like 300 plat for it and sold it for like 200k. Someone in guild chat explained how recharges work(you sell a fully charged item with charges to an NPC . then sell an empty one, then buy it back and its fully recharged or something like that). Raid guilds would get together and recharge all their stuff apparently.

So after learning about that, I started going /who all *guildname all the time when I was sitting around doing nothing. I forget the name(s) of the guilds back then, Aftermath maybe? And others. I would find a big group of them in one zone that wasn't used much, and know that's what they were doing. I managed to snag puppet strings a couple times, and bladestoppers and other expensive poo poo while they were recharging. You just walk up the the NPC vendor and buy it off them. I caught them in the East Freeport Inn, In Steamfont mountains, Erudin, etc.

I made a crazy amount of plat. I got kicked out of whatever raid guild I was in on my Mage because they threw a fit and complained to that guilds leaders. Lots of spicy /tells. It was fun. The GM's on the server sided with ME and said it was a risk they took doing the recharge thing.

I twinked up a Shaman with like 500k worth of gear. Like Cloak of Flames, Fungi tunic and staff, djarn ring, a copy of torpor, etc.

Eventually i got bored and gave all my poo poo away to goons. It was a nice way of being a dick to the people who made it impossible to get my epic pet on my main too. My "main" was a Mage, and it's literally impossible to get your epic on p1999 unless you are willing to join one of those top tier guilds and be available for batphones and poo poo. That really annoyed me. So it was fun to gently caress with those people.

I'm sure it can still be done now. Just gotta catch them when they are doing it and be quick.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 19, 2022

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Dirt posted:

So it started because I made a Erudite Paladin one day. I found a Bladestopper on a vendor there that someone in a raid guild forgot to buy back when they were doing recharges. I paid like 300 plat for it and sold it for like 200k. Someone in guild chat explained how recharges work(you sell a fully charged item with charges to an NPC . then sell an empty one, then buy it back and its fully recharged or something like that). Raid guilds would get together and recharge all their stuff apparently.

So after learning about that, I started going /who all *guildname all the time when I was sitting around doing nothing. I forget the name(s) of the guilds back then, Aftermath maybe? And others. I would find a big group of them in one zone that wasn't used much, and know that's what they were doing. I managed to snag puppet strings a couple times, and bladestoppers and other expensive poo poo while they were recharging. You just walk up the the NPC vendor and buy it off them. I caught them in the East Freeport Inn, In Steamfont mountains, Erudin, etc.

I made a crazy amount of plat. I got kicked out of whatever raid guild I was in on my Mage because they threw a fit and complained to that guilds leaders. Lots of spicy /tells. It was fun. The GM's on the server sided with ME and said it was a risk they took doing the recharge thing.

I twinked up a Shaman with like 500k worth of gear. Like Cloak of Flames, Fungi tunic and staff, djarn ring, a copy of torpor, etc.

Eventually i got bored and gave all my poo poo away to goons. It was a nice way of being a dick to the people who made it impossible to get my epic pet on my main too. My "main" was a Mage, and it's literally impossible to get your epic on p1999 unless you are willing to join one of those top tier guilds and be available for batphones and poo poo. That really annoyed me. So it was fun to gently caress with those people.

I'm sure it can still be done now. Just gotta catch them when they are doing it and be quick.

I remember this poo poo happening (don't remember if it was your incident) and people throwing fits about it. A true hero.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I remember this, too. I often have to correct the record when the rumor mill claims it was Swashy or someone else. Haha

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

To clarify, several players still gripe about that ninjalooting in 2022.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Dirt posted:

I think you gave me like 10K on Haughty and it was life changing at the time. Thank you for that and goonspeed sir.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

The funny part is they nerfed Bladestoppers, so now they are almost worthless (made them super expensive to recharge and it has a cast time now too), so no one uses them like they used to. I guess some super dedicated tanks had bought like 2 or more of them back in the day so they could quickly recharge it themselves and were totally gutted by the nerf. Puppet Strings took a hit too - I think they cost like 10k from a vendor now. "Classic"

Earth staffs are still stupidly rare. I'm in one of those guilds and I think we have gotten maybe five in the past year+

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Lakedaimon posted:

The funny part is they nerfed Bladestoppers, so now they are almost worthless (made them super expensive to recharge and it has a cast time now too), so no one uses them like they used to. I guess some super dedicated tanks had bought like 2 or more of them back in the day so they could quickly recharge it themselves and were totally gutted by the nerf. Puppet Strings took a hit too - I think they cost like 10k from a vendor now. "Classic"

Earth staffs are still stupidly rare. I'm in one of those guilds and I think we have gotten maybe five in the past year+

Eh, I'm of two minds about whether stuff is classic or not. On one hand, obviously exploity broken poo poo should be fixed, on the other hand maybe it's time to admit it's a custom rule server that is Mostly Classic. I'm guessing most P99 players would poo poo their pants if the devs forced the actual 2002 client onto the playerbase and disabled mouse scroll :v:

speaking of custom servers, has anyone looked at Ixiquest? It's kind of interesting.. RoF client with content up to Velious, AAs, strict 2 box limit, and apparently the devs will be adding some LDONs. I think they advertise the server as "Twisted Classic". It has a bunch of QOL from modern EQ tho, like starting with an Origin AA that takes you to your hometown available every however-many hours. It does have Frogloks, Beastlords and Berzerkers though so that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

cmdrk posted:

Eh, I'm of two minds about whether stuff is classic or not. On one hand, obviously exploity broken poo poo should be fixed, on the other hand maybe it's time to admit it's a custom rule server that is Mostly Classic. I'm guessing most P99 players would poo poo their pants if the devs forced the actual 2002 client onto the playerbase and disabled mouse scroll :v:

speaking of custom servers, has anyone looked at Ixiquest? It's kind of interesting.. RoF client with content up to Velious, AAs, strict 2 box limit, and apparently the devs will be adding some LDONs. I think they advertise the server as "Twisted Classic". It has a bunch of QOL from modern EQ tho, like starting with an Origin AA that takes you to your hometown available every however-many hours. It does have Frogloks, Beastlords and Berzerkers though so that's cool.

That server is dope, I prefer it over P99 and TLPs