Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CommissarMega posted:

Just wanted to thank this thread for introducing me to There's a Ghost Behind That Gal.

it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

this is also good

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

nerdz posted:

I'm looking for a weird manga that I read and then forgot the title - it's one where the girl has a donut floating on top of her head. It has the same vibes as that other one with the girl with the arrow through her head, if not weirder.

Here ya go, Mysterious Mayuri-san

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Has Imitation Crystal been up to anything since Game Club ended? I've always enjoyed her weird work.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, Call of the Night has been extremely good lately.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Squidster posted:

Has Imitation Crystal been up to anything since Game Club ended? I've always enjoyed her weird work.

Nothing as far as I know, except someone translated one chapter of Goldfish Kingdom.

I hope someone does the rest eventually :(

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

drat, Call of the Night has been extremely good lately.

I've been holding my breath each update because I knew something bad was going to happen it was just a matte of when. The father just losing it was a huge gut punch after a really upbeat reconciliation. I really hope the vampire responsible gets their comeuppance it's dangerous enough making servants but the father doesn't seem to have been given any education or awareness of his condition and that recklessness came at a steep cost.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm just pretty psyched it turns out this latest flashback was also secretly backstory for the comic's antagonist, who we now know is Nazuna's ex-girlfriend.

The reveal just felt really well done. I almost feel like I should've been able to predict it but I didn't see it coming. Good stuff imo.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

Squidster posted:

she posts shorts on her fanbox. lots of sudoku. I think maybe some of these are her characters playing some kind of complex board game? i can't read japanese, so.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

There was a whole bunch of Ghost behing that Gal released.

:bahgawd:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Useless Ponko
When Ponko isnt on screen, all the characters should be asking "Wheres Ponko?"
Now thats an end of volume cliffhanger. :ohdear:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Interrogation Princess

New Shimeji Simulation

🌽

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I appreciate the quiet, pleasant, incredibly strange lives of the girls in Shimeiji Simulation

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cooooorn

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGm2Q4jUV8Y

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

x

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Soroa and the monster's house
:coolslime:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t know if this is the correct thread but I finished Girl From The Other Side. Now I just feel kind of sad.

I liked the ending, I think it’s incredibly beautiful but it also left me feeling kind of empty

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Girl from the other side:
I feel like I was still vague on what actually happened and how it resolved. I was hoping for a solution that involved people and not mysteobabble. Still gorgeously and movingly illustrated though!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

:kimchi:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
The Bones Of An Invisible Person:
I read this recently. I thought the ending was weird and abrupt; it shows her about to confess to the murder at the police station, and then just stops there. I feel like I would have liked to know whether the police believe her or not, since the murder she is confessing to is impossible and she cannot currently demonstrate that she can turn invisible. Can justifiable homicide be argued? Since she is a minor, will she get a lighter sentence?

It seems to me very unlikely that an uncharismatic person who is specifically trying to avoid getting close to anyone would make not just one, but two devoted friends so easily and quickly. I've noticed this pattern in a lot of manga where the premise is that the main character is a loner who is bad at dealing with people, but then they just suddenly make a bunch of friends really easily.

The main character kills her father by stabbing him once, but I thought killing someone with a knife was actually pretty difficult, especially since she did it in a public, crowded place where he would get medical attention immediately. I remember that serial stabbing at that school in China where 26 people were stabbed, but not one of them died.

The stalker attempts to murder the main character for revenge, but when some one else takes the blow instead, he freaks out and just runs away? He's presumably already in this to commit murder, why doesn't he just go on to commit the actual murder he planned on committing?

Everyone in this town is so weirdly nice, way beyond the bounds of the normal. The landlady is really nice, the bike shop owner is really nice, the main character's classmates are really nice once she talks to them, all of the parents of the classmates are really nice, even the mother of the girl who was stabbed is really nice to the main character, who was the assailant's intended target. I think a lot of people in that situation would blame the main character, or at least be hostile or upset, but she isn't.

Do you think she was justified in killing her father? She claims she did it not to protect her mother, who was being physically abused, but only to make her own life easier. She's lying, right?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I am not crying, stop asking questions

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Nothing as far as I know, except someone translated one chapter of Goldfish Kingdom.

I hope someone does the rest eventually :(

Goldfish Kingdom is so good, too. I'm surprised it hasn't been done

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
I asked the translating group that did Spectral Wizard if they planned on it and they said that another group was translating it. That group ended up doing chapters 1-7 and then stopping.

I wish I was the kind of guy who could afford to commission an entire japanese webcomic translation that numbers in the hundreds of pages lol

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

With new friendships forged, lets head on down to the hell farm.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Huzzah! posted:

Hell farm seems like a really chill place to hang out.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

Nemo2342 posted:

Hell farm holm seems like a really chill place to hang out.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Huzzah! posted:

We need to protect these smiles.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Another new Interrogation Princess, and the stakes could not be higher.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Princess, 128 chapters in, "Did I leave the oven on?"

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Useless Ponko

Those awkward family moments when all you can do is shoot ions out of your hand.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ponkos beam is not very powerful :ohdear:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Shimeji Simulator
Time for Shimeji to get a make-over, with the power of imagination....and trigonometry.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Rooster Fighter

A rooster fights kaiju.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Soara and the Monster's Home
Its slime time.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

DrSunshine posted:

Rooster Fighter

A rooster fights kaiju.

I wish this would get updates more often. It's real good but the TLs are slow as molasses, and whoever did the latest one did a real poo poo job of it.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Toumei Otoko to Ningen Onna

quote:

Yakou, a gentle human woman, works at a detective agency.
The owner of the office, Mr. Tounome, is a smart and kind "invisible man".
The Invisible Man's abilities are perfect for detective work, but Yakou, who is blind, can mysteriously figure out where Tounome is, even if he has disappeared.

Looks like it's completed at one volume.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New series from the Demon Mom author, Please give me your blood, I will serve you in gratitude
A guy finds a vampire collapsed in the rain and brings her home where she tries her hardest to repay his kindness.

Also, new Ghost behing the Gal
Time to build a snowman.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

A simple but delicious torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

New series from the Demon Mom author, Please give me your blood, I will serve you in gratitude
A guy finds a vampire collapsed in the rain and brings her home where she tries her hardest to repay his kindness.

This is pretty common trope in manga, where a character will find someone sleeping on the ground and then agree to house them, even though they are a complete stranger. Would anyone really do this in real life? Would you? Inviting a vampire into your house seems like an especially bad idea. Why doesn't she want to go to the hospital? They have blood at hospitals.