Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Kuros posted:

I'm not sure if Goatse qualifies as a Nice Fuckin Taint

It is a very smooth taint you have to admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Smooth like shark

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

GORDON posted:

I'm tired of modern sensibilities being applied retroactively to the extent it's impossible for anyone in the past to possibly be "good."

He's dead. He can't hurt anyone any more. Let's move on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

empty whippet box posted:

how did he make it 16 years here? amazing

Xenocides posted:

He was no longer finding his account attractive anymore.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

lol I remember lurking the DM advice thread in TG like 4 years ago, and it was The Hyphz Therapy and Neurosis Handling Thread even back then. The dude's absolutely nuts. He seems fine if you just read a few of his posts, but then you realize that nothing anyone else says even enters his brain and he lives in a carefully constructed alternate reality where being able to run an improv rpg scenario is 1) The most noble pursuit man can undertake, 2) Something only geniuses can do, 3) The only thing that would give hyphz's life meaning, 4) Something hyphz dare never, ever do because it would suck and all his friends would hate him.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Mr. Lobe posted:

Would a football player marry a surgeon? That seems like an odd pairing

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Marrying a brain surgeon would be a good investment.

Mr. Lobe posted:

And immensely stressful for the spouse

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"I can fix him!"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Applewhite posted:

In all fairness he wasn't a pedophile until they observed his diaries.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Zesty posted:

Thanks for banning the latest outed pedophile, mods.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

holy poo poo i can hear that comma cracking under the strain

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Feels cheating or at least a bad habit to quote yourself, but it's the reply I appreciate.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Warcraft was pretty much crack for a lot of people without any of the remotely interesting or fun things about crack.

RFC2324 posted:

Lol i literally used warcraft to get my ex off crack, and the only part that was really an improvement was knowing where she was.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lmao

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:golgo: I was just going to give you probation for being a dick.. but then something happened.. and now I cannot un-see all the ellipses you used.. and i think you should go away.. :golgo:

TactGrenade posted:

You love your Onkyo. I get it. But when the price point for a monumental jump in tech. is only small step higher....

It is just hard for me not to see why people won't make that jump... that's all..

New on the forum isn't new at life. I worked retail with that poo poo for 3 years.. only one of which was at CC. The other was a high end commission structure where the price of admission is knowing wtf you're talking about or else you're fired...

.. Anecdotal claims on the internet.. including mine.. are poo poo. But all you have to do is navigate away from this page for 10minutes to have it all substantiated.

No worries. I expect it. I've read this forum long enough before I decided to register anyway... So trust me.. I appreciate the tough love without the love part..

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:byob1: Go away. :byob1:

WHOLE DIK AND NUTS posted:

I'm a giant weed plant full of dank nugz

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
All these old probations and bans just remind me that mods and the forums in general would tolerate just the vilest poo poo, but then would be paper skinned about petty bullshit like a poster's "tone".

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

All these old probations and bans just remind me that mods and the forums in general would tolerate just the vilest poo poo, but then would be paper skinned about petty bullshit like a poster's "tone".

Whoa there, sounds like you're getting pretty aggressive!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You're thinking of sass.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ctrl F old probations for "shift key"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Would?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

I don't loving like your tone, mister.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

I recently got a 6er for saying the C word, not directed at any poster.
As an Australian I was extremely fuckin confused.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

As an Australian

My condolences

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

oldpainless posted:

My condolences

He knew what he was doing

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Chrysanthemum?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

oval office?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mooooooooooods

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Crikey

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

It's a very cuntentious word.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Modmins can take away my ability to post about crabs when they pry it from my cold, dead hands

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Apparently you CAN say oval office in some threads outside of the Aussie ones!
*Is immediately probed, probably*

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Apparently you CAN say oval office in some threads outside of the Aussie ones!
*Is immediately probed, probably*

I got probed for the C word despite being from the Western Newer Zealand so I dunno what the mods are doing. Feels like they're making it up as they go along.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Outrail posted:

I got probed for the C word despite being from the Western Newer Zealand so I dunno what the mods are doing. Feels like they're making it up as they go along.

it's per mod, personally as an eastern Strine i don't care but some people just really dislike the word. there's an accepted truce in aus/nz/uk themed threads, everywhere else post at your own risk.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
you can just not post slurs

like you can get away with most any word depending on context, like if you're clearly a brit talkin about cigarettes and not a yank talkin about homosexuals

if you don't want to run the risk of getting probed because your post was not read in australian, you can avoid that risk real easy

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
"i don't like that word, please don't use it around me" seems like a pretty reasonable thing to ask, but consistency in the application of rules also seems pretty reasonable to expect

GBS has "don't say it outside X threads" formalized as policy, so there's an example to follow if you want to

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I would ask people to please not use the word “cringey” in the threads I read

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

you can just not post slurs

like you can get away with most any word depending on context, like if you're clearly a brit talkin about cigarettes and not a yank talkin about homosexuals

if you don't want to run the risk of getting probed because your post was not read in australian, you can avoid that risk real easy

i wouldn't call "oval office" a slur, it's an epithet sure but not an outright slur

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Arivia posted:

i wouldn't call "oval office" a slur, it's an epithet sure but not an outright slur

As has been said, it depends where you are. In America it's a level above "gently caress" for obscenity and is used as a slur to women. In the UK it's an insult but not a gender specific one (c.f. the hit song "Boris Johnson Is A loving C-"). In Australia it's a punctuation mark.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jedit posted:

As has been said, it depends where you are. In America it's a level above "gently caress" for obscenity and is used as a slur to women. In the UK it's an insult but not a gender specific one (c.f. the hit song "Boris Johnson Is A loving C-"). In Australia it's a punctuation mark.

NZ too! it can also be used non-perjoratively for 'people'. 'can youse cunts get the fuckin' lead out I want to get to the pub'

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Arivia posted:

It is a slur in US English, regardless of its status in most of the anglosphere. Please do not do That One Chris Rock Bit but for the c-word.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jedit posted:

Very generalized anecdote, but I think I generally hear more women using it to describe other women and men using it to describe other men. Or themselves.

I think people hear I'm Australian and assume I'm okay with it so they feel safer saying it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It is a slur in US English, regardless of its status in most of the anglosphere. Please do not do That One Chris Rock Bit but for the c-word.

America is not the entire world you cultural fascist.

US English is just spelling things dumber.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kingo Ligma posted:

It's an American-majority forum, though if you want to start a mass registration campaign in wherever you live I doubt Jeffrey would complain in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kingo Ligma posted:

i'm sorry i grievously maligned your deep cultural heritage of normalizing one slur

You know at least 16 words and one of them is "fascist," an actual epithet; I think you have the capacity to drop one whole word when posting in a globally accessible forum without losing the ability to communicate entirely.