Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Where can I get Antifa TV? Is that like, a package on YouTubeTV, or do I have to switch to Comcast for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Neito posted:

Where can I get Antifa TV? Is that like, a package on YouTubeTV, or do I have to switch to Comcast for that?

https://means.tv/

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Another example of freep Almost Getting There. All leftist news and information is already online because lmfao it's not getting on DirecTV.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Neito posted:

I'm sure according to them everything to the left of Fox News is Antifa tv.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

pseudanonymous posted:

I'm sure according to them everything to the left of Fox News is Antifa tv.
Fox is also for liberals now

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My mom's husband isn't a Freeper as far as I know but he'd definitely fit in there, and he thinks Fox News has turned more liberal than CNN. When Fox News is considered too liberal, then it only makes sense that every other news outlet is even more far leftist and so yeah, MSNBC would be Antifa TV to them and probably even CNN too.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

My experience when I poke my head into the screaming rage-vortex of conservative twitter and life is that OANN is now the "real" news.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I have some bad new for Freepers then I guess:

https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/1482142802108510209

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Yes, go on ...

quote:

To: ProfessorGoldiloxx
What I can’t figure out is why the fast food places I go to about once a week (I change it up as to which one I go to) have long lines that snake around every time I go to them no matter which one it is, people are ticked because they are run by skeleton or super-skeleton crews, the owners know about the Great Resignation yet they won’t pay that extra 2 to 3 dollars an hour more to get them to come back and work even though they’re still raking in the dough.

The reason I say all this is something has to give, sooner or latee.

5 posted on 1/17/2022, 11:47:14 PM by Its All Over Except ...
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Georgia Peach posted:

Yes, go on ...

It's amazing when you see a lightbulb start to flicker in a Freeper's head. It's like The Singularity is almost happening.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Captain Log posted:

It's amazing when you see a lightbulb start to flicker in a Freeper's head. It's like The Singularity is almost happening.

*bulb detonates*
Unions did this

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Captain Log posted:

In 2008 in a game vs. the Cowboys, Desean Jackson caught a 70-something yard pass and dropped it on the 1 yard line because he started celebrating too early.

This is what I imagine goes in in a Freeper's mind when they get this close. They mentally spike the ball on the one yard line.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

The point is to have all the staff around, not the boat part.

https://www.goodwininvestment.com/all-aboard-a-guide-to-planning-for-retirement-on-a-cruise-ship/
According to this a retirement home is on average $3700/month and cruise ships are apparently on average $3000/month if you book far in advance and for a long enough period of time.

I'm late, but it's this. My mom has actually had it suggested to her more than once as being preferable, monetarily at least, to a nursing home for my father, and I should note that my folks have never, ever been on a cruise (though my mother was saving up for years to take one before my dad got ill, she's always wanted to). It's less a matter of boomers being boomers and far more the result of the horror show combination of America's healthcare system and how awful we treat our elderly. A nursing home will devour their finances by design. Might as well die on a ship.

Not that they can afford either, of course.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Neito posted:

In 2008 in a game vs. the Cowboys, Desean Jackson caught a 70-something yard pass and dropped it on the 1 yard line because he started celebrating too early.

This is what I imagine goes in in a Freeper's mind when they get this close. They mentally spike the ball on the one yard line.

https://youtu.be/jvPaTX2Ha4E

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

I hate cruise ships with a passion but given the choice of one of those or a retirement home, put me on the loving ship

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Neito posted:

This is a video representation of the Freeper Mind as the Pirates, nearly having a great play but managing to bumblefuck it into one of the all-time worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kyHnqs_2Pw

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Captain Log posted:

This is a video representation of the Freeper Mind as the Pirates, nearly having a great play but managing to bumblefuck it into one of the all-time worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kyHnqs_2Pw

You gotta break that one down for me.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The first base guy just had to tag first base once he had the ball. There was no need to chase the guy down, and it allowed a run to be scored and the batter to get to first instead of just tagging the base to get the batter out.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

You gotta break that one down for me.

The guy running to first base could've been forced out by the guy in white just putting his foot on first base. This wouldn't have given time for the guy on Third to run home and in fact would've ended the inning and gotten them out of a jam. Instead, for reasons unfathomable, he decides to trot slowly to the base runner, who avoids him long enough for the runner on third to score. Edit: Which is actually an even more perfect analogy IMO. They had everything set up to be simple, but intentionally went a dumb, circutious route for no reason to get to their conclusion.

My only thinking is that that was a second baseman or short stop moved over to first, because that kind of play (called a "pickle") is reletively routine on that side of the diamond.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Alctel posted:

I hate cruise ships with a passion but given the choice of one of those or a retirement home, put me on the loving ship

Same. I'll take an ocean view over the painted over glass of a waiting-to-die home.

Also, being able to do something as simple as take a walk. Better loving food, too.

Sure, there's the risk of norovirus. But that's not so much of a fear when you're old.

Besides, when I go out, I want to go out making GBS threads wildly.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Neito posted:

The guy running to first base could've been forced out by the guy in white just putting his foot on first base. This wouldn't have given time for the guy on Third to run home and in fact would've ended the inning and gotten them out of a jam. Instead, for reasons unfathomable, he decides to trot slowly to the base runner, who avoids him long enough for the runner on third to score. Edit: Which is actually an even more perfect analogy IMO. They had everything set up to be simple, but intentionally went a dumb, circutious route for no reason to get to their conclusion.

My only thinking is that that was a second baseman or short stop moved over to first, because that kind of play (called a "pickle") is reletively routine on that side of the diamond.

It's even better than that, when there are two outs the hitter has to reach base safely for a run to count so at any time he could have just turned around and stepped on the base to end the inning. Also it's the Pitcher's job to cover first when the First Baseman can't. Of course that usually happens when the First Baseman is fielding the ball and not whatever the hell he was doing there.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
This is a laugh out loud breakdown of the play made for people who aren't necessarily familiar with baseball -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5QeMCslKg

It's the sporting equivalent of having a stroke and forgetting how to walk while going down the stairs, three or four times in a row.

Which is why it works for Freepers with a near lightbulb moment.

"I could take one more step and everything would be right and good in the world. Or I could get baited into mentally making GBS threads my pants."

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Have any Freepers been identified as dying from the coco? I figure it has to be at least several by now.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Zwabu posted:

Have any Freepers been identified as dying from the coco? I figure it has to be at least several by now.

Most dangerous plant in the world, the coco-nut. I'm sure there have been a few, just going by the math.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I can't find any threads on Freep complaining about OANN being flushed from DirecTV, it's almost like they never really watched it and stuck with Fox News the whole time :monocle:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Nah they've seen it. I won't bother outlining the responses. They're all typical and boring.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4029640/posts#comment

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

There is nothing the ‘woke’ left won’t try to destroy... nothing. I wonder how many people stopped using Land-of-Lakes butter and now use Challenge? How many switched from Coke to Pepsi? How many use Log Cabin now instead of Aunt Jemina? I’d bet these woke companies are losing money for their share holders with all this nonsense.

I'm sure Coke is bankrupt due to wokeness I'm not gonna check though

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

This company took the racist character off my food and I'm mad so I'm going to buy this other food product which never had a racist character on it to show them that racist characters are good. This makes very much sense.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Isn't Challenge just butter with a deer on it? Seems like that would already capture that market.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

I'm sure Coke is bankrupt due to wokeness I'm not gonna check though

These people know what market research is and yet completely blank on it when it comes to stuff like this. They seriously think these brands just changed stuff performatively and didn't bother to think about how it might affect profits

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Guessing that these lib traitors didn't see my video where I bought their 'woke' product and set it on fire on top of a bed of hot coals that I also bought and burned in a trash can that I turned to rust by burning hot coals inside it.

Anyway I need some new shoes. :smug: And trash cans.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The Aunt Jemima brand doesn't even exist anymore, it was discontinued and replaced by the Pearl Milling Company name. I would also bet most Freepers don't know this and continue to buy it without knowing they're accidentally supporting those "woke leftist" companies.

Apparently the families of the (non-blackface) models for Aunt Jemima were upset about the character being removed and the brand name being dropped, which I guess I can understand, although it feels sort of like when chuds complain about statues being removed. Like, history isn't being erased, the character still existed, their mom/grandma still did those things and they're not trying to hide that. But I don't feel like I'm really informed enough to have an opinion on the issue (especially since I'm white).

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

This company took the racist character off my food and I'm mad so I'm going to buy this other food product which never had a racist character on it to show them that racist characters are good. This makes very much sense.

yeah I know right, hasn't Log Cabin been woke virtue signaling for longer by never putting a mammy caricature on their label?

For that matter the Aunt Jemima brand they loved was woke virtue signaling too, because back in the 80s or whenever they replaced the ridiculously racist cartoon with a more realistic portrait of a homemaker in pearls whose name was only a reference to the racist cartoon.

Anyway I guess the way it will work in their minds is Pearl Milling sees their sales collapse, they do some market research and every single American says "I switched to Log Cabin not because I like it, but to punish you for being woke until you give in and put a racist character on your label again" and then there's a shareholder revolt to throw out the woke management and put in Real Americans who say "enough I'm the new CEO and I say give the people what they want" and the brand name is changed to the n-word and sales hit all-time highs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
What these people are terrified to even imagine is that they are actually the minority, and the only reasons corporation pretend to be "woke" is that that's where the money is these days.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Clarste posted:

What these people are terrified to even imagine is that they are actually the minority, and the only reasons corporation pretend to be "woke" is that that's where the money is these days.

And they will never make the connection that their ideology of outright revanchism is only going to make the gap between them and the rest of culture that much wider, because the ideology precludes self-examination.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

The Aunt Jemima brand doesn't even exist anymore, it was discontinued and replaced by the Pearl Milling Company name. I would also bet most Freepers don't know this and continue to buy it without knowing they're accidentally supporting those "woke leftist" companies.

Apparently the families of the (non-blackface) models for Aunt Jemima were upset about the character being removed and the brand name being dropped, which I guess I can understand, although it feels sort of like when chuds complain about statues being removed. Like, history isn't being erased, the character still existed, their mom/grandma still did those things and they're not trying to hide that. But I don't feel like I'm really informed enough to have an opinion on the issue (especially since I'm white).
Interesting I went to look this up

At least one of them his complaint is a little more complicated than what freepers are mad about
https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/aunt-jemimas-great-grandson-enraged-her-legacy-vanishing

quote:

Evans, a 66-year-old Marine Corps veteran living on disability in North Carolina, says his family and black Americans deserve more from corporations such as Quaker Oats than an acknowledgment that, yes, they profited off images of slavery — the likeness of Green and Harrington from syrup bottles — before removing the evidence from grocery store shelves.

"How many white people were raised looking at characters like Aunt Jemima at breakfast every morning? How many white corporations made all them profits, and didn't give us a dime? I think they should have to look at it. They can't just wipe it out while we still suffer," he said.

"After making all that money —and now's the time when black people are saying we want restitution for slavery — they're just going to erase history like it didn't happen? ... They're not going to give us nothing? What gives them the right?"

Which I mean he's certainly got a point that she made them billions and billions of dollars and now they're like "ok yeah it was messed up to exploit black people and keep all the money for ourselves, we're woke now and won't exploit her image anymore but we're keeping the money ofc"

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with his reasoning that any white people at all were looking at Aunt Jemima and feeling guilty, least of all the corporate suits who were making all the money off it. But I get where he's coming from, and he's not like "racist cartoons are fine, get over it"

Then there's the grand-niece of one of the models
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/07/10/real-people-behind-aunt-jemima-uncle-ben-cream-of-wheat/3285054001/

quote:

Harris contacted Quaker Oats and said she would like the company, which bought the Aunt Jemima brand in 1926, to consider creating a commemorative box that lists all the women who played the character on the back.

That might include Anna Robinson, who, according to the brand's website, took on the role at the second Chicago World’s Fair in 1933, then toured the nation, earning enough income “to provide for her children and buy a 22-room house” where she rented out rooms.

Asked whether it planned such a commemoration, Quaker said in an emailed statement that it didn't have anything to add beyond its announcement that it would change Aunt Jemima's branding. "We’re in the process of working on the packaging redesign, but no final decisions have yet been made."

Harris said the box could display photos of the women as they looked when they weren't dressed in costume.

“Say something like ‘We wouldn’t be where we are without the blood, sweat and tears of these Aunt Jemimas,’ ” she said. There could be a short explanation about why the image is no longer used. “But let the world know these were vital, live people. They weren’t minstrel, made-up characters. ... Acknowledge these women.”

Pretty reasonable. She doesn't want to keep the cartoon with a racist name like freepers want, she suggests pictures of the real women and their stories

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Neeksy posted:

And they will never make the connection that their ideology of outright revanchism is only going to make the gap between them and the rest of culture that much wider, because the ideology precludes self-examination.

Pointing out “this is pure capitalism” probably also fails to make any sort of impression upon them :v:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Icon Of Sin posted:

Pointing out “this is pure capitalism” probably also fails to make any sort of impression upon them :v:

"Even the corporations are falling to communism SMDH"

Their definition of communism

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Maya Angelou becomes first black woman to appear on US coin

:sad:

quote:

To: Olog-hai

Sad. To think of the worthy others who were skipped in favor of a prostitute turned poet and elevated because the Clintons needed a token.

3 posted on 01/11/2022 11:20:02 PM PST by DesertRhino (Dogs are called man's best friend. Moslems hate dogs. Add it up....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

The whole list is a national embarrassment of oddballs. Think of the decent patriotic women who were skipped over.

4 posted on 01/11/2022 11:21:37 PM PST by DesertRhino (Dogs are called man's best friend. Moslems hate dogs. Add it up....)

quote:

To: Olog-hai; Impy; BillyBoy; GOPsterinMA; NFHale; LS; campaignPete R-CT; AuH2ORepublican; Clemenza; ...

We need to go back to putting Indians and female “Liberty” models on our coinage again. Take the politicians and these “Who the hell are these people ?” P.C. types off our coinage. And while we’re at it, resume putting actual valuable metals in our coins again. Make our money worth something.

5 posted on 01/11/2022 11:22:53 PM PST by fieldmarshaldj (Plugs the Pedo - The Shart Heard 'Round The World)

Holy poo poo Freep! :stare:

quote:

Trayvon
by Maya Angelou

I sing of thee Trayvon,
Lamented burnt umber crayon.
Should of stayed at home
and got your lay-on.
But you heard the siren song of wet grass
and headed for Seven Elevon.

Zimmerman the triggerman,
Big game hunter lay in wait,
White hispanic in a panic,
Rubberheaded, held your fate.

By punching him, you tried to reason.
You can’t of known - ‘twas black-boy season.
Stand your ground, ground and pound,
Frito Bandito shot you down.

8 posted on 01/11/2022 11:32:33 PM PST by dead (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_vFiUUcBkc)

quote:

They should honor that guy who put on a dress and became the greatest female Jeopardy player in the history of females.

13 posted on 01/11/2022 11:39:23 PM PST by dead (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_vFiUUcBkc)

quote:

To: dead

Amy Schneider. Don’t give them any ideas. Next you’ll be suggesting they honor Rachel Levine, the first “female” 4-star general.

24 posted on 01/11/2022 11:53:04 PM PST by KittyKares (Trump put us in the room; now we're putting ourselves in the room. - Steve Bannon)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

To: dead

When will they honor Tyrone Green:

Images

Dark and lonely on a summer’s night.

Kill my landlord. Kill my landlord.

Watchdog barking. Do he bite?

Slip in his window. Break his neck.

Then his house I start to wreck.

Got no reason. What the heck?

C-I-L-L my land lord!

18 posted on 01/11/2022 11:45:14 PM PST by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists.

quote:

What the hell is “(b)lack”?

17 posted on 01/11/2022 11:44:59 PM PST by lefty-lie-spy (Stay Metal)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: lefty-lie-spy

Racists in the media capitalize the word “black” and no other racial group to express superiority of blacks over other races.

The poster declined to participate in the racism.

28 posted on 01/12/2022 12:04:43 AM PST by Jewbacca (The residents of Iroquois territory may not determine whether Jews may live in Jerusalem.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: lefty-lie-spy

The original way it was written was “Black”, i.e. the capitalized anti-white racist form. The parentheses are one way of indicating that the original text did not appear that way.

40 posted on 01/12/2022 1:07:27 AM PST by Olog-hai ("No Republican, no matter how liberal, is going to woo a Democratic vote." -- Ronald Reagan, 1960)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: mdmathis6

The moral relativity that Democrats, therefore a lot of black culture, embrace often lead them to the conclusion that facts can be uncomfortable because they can’t be twisted or manipulated based on how they feel. If you want to believe that blacks are victims of privileged white people, for example, facts show that blacks commit far more violent crimes than their population percentage, and are also allowed into colleges far above their population percentage. Facts don’t paint the type of picture they prefer.

35 posted on 01/12/2022 12:36:48 AM PST by Telepathic Intruder
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

To: fieldmarshaldj; Chode; SkyDancer; Salamander; carriage_hill; Lockbox; MtnClimber; nascarnation; ...
We need to go back to putting Indians and female “Liberty” models on our coinage again.

Can’t do that, has anyone noticed that Aunt Jemima Syrup and Pancake Mix is now marketed/sold under Pearl Milling Company now ?

Pearl Milling Company, known as Aunt Jemima from 1889 to 2021, is a brand of pancake mix, syrup, and other breakfast foods. (Per Wikipedia)

132 Years with negligible, if any complaints about the Name and Image. Probably not going to matter anyway because soon there won’t be any on the shelves to buy.

Next will be the scrubbing of anything about The Navaho Code Talkers that helped defeat the Japanese in WWII...
37 posted on 01/12/2022 12:43:13 AM PST by mabarker1 ((Congress- the opposite of PROGRESS!!! A fraud, a hypocrite, a liar. I'm a member of Congress !!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

And I will refuse any change that contains her image as she was a racist and proved it. During Bill Clinton’s inaugural she recited a poem she wrote and named every race...except white people. F that witch with a donkey richard.

39 posted on 01/12/2022 12:58:24 AM PST by ProfessorGoldiloxx

quote:

Sally Ride, the first American woman in space

Isn’t that presuming the genders of all the Americans that were before Sally? Perhaps some of them identified as women. Right Stuff indeed. :)

45 posted on 01/12/2022 2:07:13 AM PST by xp38

Hi Ann!

quote:

Wasn’t she a Whorehouse Madam?? WONDERFUL!!

53 posted on 01/12/2022 3:40:20 AM PST by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

Oh come on, St Patrick's Day isn't that bad.

quote:

To: fieldmarshaldj

Take the politicians and these “Who the hell are these people ?” P.C. types off our coinage.

I could get behind that. I have expressed opposition to holidays named for people.

68 posted on 01/12/2022 4:54:47 AM PST by newzjunkey (“We Did It Joe!” - The Taliban)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

Every Myra quarter should be thrown away on receipt and removed from circulation

Legitimizing such a Black travesty with a coin is existential destruction to America

Maya is a trivial nothing. Her accomplishments are singularly unimportant

He quarter is blatant racism

Political and cultural analysis

73 posted on 01/12/2022 6:35:16 AM PST by bert ( (KE. NP. N.C. +12) California needs Zorro to destroy the neoNobility corruption)

quote:

To: KittyKares

As long as the women and “feminists” go along with the falsehood of people like Amy Schneider the more men will pretend they are women. Growing your hair long, putting on a dress and wearing pearls does not make you a woman. It makes you a person who is mentally ill. Amy S. said he/she/it has a girlfriend. This all makes no sense. You claim you are a female and have a female girlfriend. That really makes you a male lesbian. Freaky.

76 posted on 01/12/2022 6:54:16 AM PST by JoJo354 (JUST SAY NO to covid vaxx!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Anytime I feel a twinge of empathy for these old idiots killing themselves by refusing the vaccine, I remember that they are the same people that post things like "it's black boy season" on Freep and it completely fades.