Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man seeing that hitman year three YouTube video out of nowhere today was really cool. Honestly besides elusive targets I thought they were done to just focus on the bond game.

I am very excited for freelancer mode and I wish I could try the PCVR mode. That said it’s awesome that it’s coming to game pass too.

I put so many hours into this game and I’m happy I’m going to put so many more into it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I think the randomizer element is the most intriguing thing. Does that go for targets, enforcers and AI paths or only items?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So for next week, I've downloaded Hitman 2 so I have my saves locally, and my IOI account lists Hitman 2 in the account overview. It doesn't list Hitman 1, but I have access to all the maps and everything in it already. Is there anything else I do before Hitman 3 next week or do I just load it, link the account, then transfer the data? All three games would be on Steam so I'd assume it'd be fine

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is Hitman VR first person or what? I've never played anything in VR and third person sounds like a headache.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is Hitman VR first person or what? I've never played anything in VR and third person sounds like a headache.

you are agent fourty seven man

you see thru his eyes

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

So for next week, I've downloaded Hitman 2 so I have my saves locally, and my IOI account lists Hitman 2 in the account overview. It doesn't list Hitman 1, but I have access to all the maps and everything in it already. Is there anything else I do before Hitman 3 next week or do I just load it, link the account, then transfer the data? All three games would be on Steam so I'd assume it'd be fine

Nobody knows for sure. The transfer process for 2 -> 3 was different from 1 -> 2 but that may be because of the EGS’ introduction. For 1 -> 2 on Steam it recognized your ownerships automatically and just downloaded it alongside Hitman 2 for you, as simple as can be.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pirate Jet posted:

Nobody knows for sure. The transfer process for 2 -> 3 was different from 1 -> 2 but that may be because of the EGS’ introduction. For 1 -> 2 on Steam it recognized your ownerships automatically and just downloaded it alongside Hitman 2 for you, as simple as can be.

It would be pretty nice to know how it's going to work since it's out in 6 days.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

stev posted:

It would be pretty nice to know how it's going to work since it's out in 6 days.

Friend, they didn't tell those of us who bought it on Epic until after it was released and it still didn't work.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Hitmanforums has a fantastic thread of concept art (much of it not well known) for the whole series. A goon shared it with me; apologies, I forget who!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

stev posted:

Agreed. When 3 came out a year ago I don’t think they had a transfer guide out until like three days before the game came out.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Man seeing that hitman year three YouTube video out of nowhere today was really cool. Honestly besides elusive targets I thought they were done to just focus on the bond game.

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think that with Freelancer they may be recycling part of what they're developing for the Bond game. It wouldn't surprise me if that turns out to have corresponding features, with the safehouse being either a safehouse or MI6 and having to take out a random middling henchman before moving on to something greater. And the dress up part that was in the video feels like it'd be right at home too.

And in a way, it builds on what they did with Berlin and the garden show map, where it doesn't really matter which of the targets you take out.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I logged onto Hitman 3 for the first time in about three weeks last night, because the Rage ET is up and I missed that target during 2021.

It's also was the first time I played Hitman on my new OLED 55 CX.

Thoughts.

1) Like I know that there are other objectively better looking games that I tried. (God of War, H:ZD, Crysis HD Remake) But I was more impressed loading that Elusive Target than I was with those games.
Maybe it's because those games deal with larger open worlds and wow you with large scaled details, where Hitman's close up antics allow you to appreciate the finer details more.
Or maybe it's because I have sank 60+ hours into Hitman that I immediately see these new details and brighter lights that I wouldn't loading up a different unfamiliar game.

2) It also meant that when I went into the sniper challenge I could see the Light switches I was supposed to shoot at the wedding while sitting on my couch instead of having to walk right up to my old 42 inch LCD to try and spot them.

3) After a bunch of attempts of luring the guards out of the Rage's room where he plays his phone and getting spotted, I discovered that the guard doing push ups can't see you while doing that.
So I got to tranq his buddy, drag him into the locker and poison the cocaine, all while the other guard worked out.

I can tell this annoyed the game as when the Rage did go into the room, guards went to all manner of spots in the room and upper stairs as if to say "if you were still here we would have seen through your disguise right now."

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Saw the a bunch of posts itt and rightfully got excited. Here's where I'm at after watching the video:

Flayer posted:

Haven't played Hitman for like 9 months but excited about that update. Freelancer sounds like a ton of fun.

That Dang Dad posted:

Holy poo poo, customizable safe house? Randomized missions?? Heckin' rad, I'm excited.

Wolfsheim posted:

Freelancer is a neat idea, its basically taking the mechanics of escalations/featured contracts and then giving a simple narrative to it

Plus the idea of accidentally leaving your Silverballer behind but also bringing like five poison vials into the next mission because the last map was Colorado is a cool concept

The_Doctor posted:

I like seeing 47 outside work, and look forward to playing in the doll house.

+ excited about new map tease.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Elusive target arcade means I'll finally be doing a lot of the elusive targets. I could just never be bothered keeping up with when they were out and playing them at the time. This way seems much better.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah I get the idea behind elusive targets and like the "fail a mission get locked out for some time" mechanic but I don't need a week-limited FOMO thing in my single player game when I often travel for work for a week or more at a time

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah I get the idea behind elusive targets and like the "fail a mission get locked out for some time" mechanic but I don't need a week-limited FOMO thing in my single player game when I often travel for work for a week or more at a time

Or in my case suck, and constantly having to quit out of the game, to prevent me from being locked out.

I really am happy though that they are going forward on this I really thought we’d get elusive targets recycled, but they were just gonna go full steam ahead on the Bond title. I am just so excited for having the freelancer mode, even if it’s something they graft it over from the Bond game, I’m totally fine with it. I will say though I would really love an extra new mission, that said if they can just find a balance between reusing assets, but given lots of new directions and angles(and perhaps new dialogue), I’m cool with the remixes then. Granted for me that’s just a cherry on the top.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
New map looks like some kind of Island in the Pacific, hopefully there's enough going on to differentiate it from Haven island or Santa fortuna.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

New map looks like some kind of Island in the Pacific, hopefully there's enough going on to differentiate it from Haven island or Santa fortuna.

I'm gonna hope for a new gimmick like Haven's storm. That freaked me the gently caress out the first time I played.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Haven Island's storm was cool but its a real shame that it had no gameplay significance and none of the NPCs commented on it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
That storm never does anything does it? Besides freaking people out the first time it gets closer.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It made my run through of the pirate escalation contract approximately 50% cooler

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

fast cars loose anus posted:

Same, I usually travel to see family at the holidays so always miss this kind of stuff.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
started saving and re-loading if things go south, when trying to let the last story missions of each level. I had a hell of a time with the remote emetic gas explody device, with the General guy in Marrakesh. If he sees it he reports it. if you throw it at him then trigger it, it goes off right at his feet ... ... then he runs away and reports you. if you drop it behind him then set it off, it works but only gets him (I thought it would cover a larger area than one person). Overall it seems a bit crap although I finally got it working.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
I can't wait to go on luxury vacations in VR this weekend and meet and kill interesting wealthy people.

redreader posted:

started saving and re-loading if things go south, when trying to let the last story missions of each level. I had a hell of a time with the remote emetic gas explody device, with the General guy in Marrakesh. If he sees it he reports it. if you throw it at him then trigger it, it goes off right at his feet ... ... then he runs away and reports you. if you drop it behind him then set it off, it works but only gets him (I thought it would cover a larger area than one person). Overall it seems a bit crap although I finally got it working.

Take/get a briefcase and put it in the briefcase. Trigger it while you are holding the briefcase for a magical stink bomb that feels like cheating.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
These games are so good. I'm going through all of the hitman 1/2 missions and doing all of the story missions / getting to minimum level 10 in each. It's just so drat fun.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Waste of Breath posted:

I can't wait to go on luxury vacations in VR this weekend and meet and kill interesting wealthy people.

I sometimes load up a level in VR just to hang out in there, it's so cool. The level of detail in these games really comes alive in VR. I've already spoken about how impactful the rave in Berlin is after two years of not being in crowds but even holding an umbrella in rainsoaked Chongqing while staring at the city in the distance or taking in the fireworks in Hokkaido is crazy atmospheric.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So do we pay for this new stuff or is it a free update?

I’d absolutely pay for if that’s the case. This dev team is a beacon of light in a sea of lovely half baked functional AAA games

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Beastie posted:

So do we pay for this new stuff or is it a free update?

I’d absolutely pay for if that’s the case. This dev team is a beacon of light in a sea of lovely half baked functional AAA games

It's free.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Stare-Out posted:

I sometimes load up a level in VR just to hang out in there, it's so cool. The level of detail in these games really comes alive in VR. I've already spoken about how impactful the rave in Berlin is after two years of not being in crowds but even holding an umbrella in rainsoaked Chongqing while staring at the city in the distance or taking in the fireworks in Hokkaido is crazy atmospheric.

My favorite thing about VR has been the sense of space you get in HL Alyx, just hanging out in these well realized environments. I wish there were more VR games focused around that, and your post is giving me high hopes for Hitman (even if I know it won't have the level of environmental engagement that Alyx does).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Waste of Breath posted:

My favorite thing about VR has been the sense of space you get in HL Alyx, just hanging out in these well realized environments. I wish there were more VR games focused around that, and your post is giving me high hopes for Hitman (even if I know it won't have the level of environmental engagement that Alyx does).

Hitman VR has that in spades, sense of place that is. There are some compromises from the flat experience (no minimap, instinct is toned down a lot, camera and sniper scopes are abruptly 2D) but then again I don't know just how much they've improved things for PCVR so I might be wrong. PCVR is also leaps and bounds beyond PSVR which is what I have so your experience should be even better no matter what.

I think following someone in the alleyways in Mumbai was one of the best VR moments I had last year, it's really cool. You're in for a treat.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

It's free.

To be clear, Elusive Target Arcade, and all the new PC features coming Thursday are free. Freelancer and the new map have not been specified price-wise and I highly doubt they will be free.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's been a year and a 120 pages since I kept up with this thread, I am so excited to finally play it (and 2 all over again, and 1 all over again all over again after doing it in 2 as well) put up the loving store page on Steam and let me buy :supaburn:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

It's been a year and a 120 pages since I kept up with this thread, I am so excited to finally play it (and 2 all over again, and 1 all over again all over again after doing it in 2 as well) put up the loving store page on Steam and let me buy :supaburn:

Same! I've put 100 or so hours into both Hitman and Hitman 2, so I'm definitely looking forward to putting in another 100 or so into Hitman 3! Hopefully they allow unlocks to transfer across on Steam, similar to their arrangement with Epic

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I booted up Hitman 1 this afternoon and was surprised to see Santa Claus levels out of loving nowhere. I didn't download them and, worse, disguising myself as Santa agro'd everybody. I figured it'd be the opposite but maybe I had a gun out or something.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I'm sure they will allow Steam to Steam transfers, the only question is whether they'll bother offering Epic to Steam transfers for the sake of those double dipping

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Same! I've put 100 or so hours into both Hitman and Hitman 2, so I'm definitely looking forward to putting in another 100 or so into Hitman 3! Hopefully they allow unlocks to transfer across on Steam, similar to their arrangement with Epic

It's uhhh... it's been a rough wait.... :sweatdrop:

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

I'm sure you guys have all heard it before, but those of you who waited for Hitman 3 to hit Steam before you got it... oh man are you in for a treat. I think it's the best of the trilogy, and you're going to have such a good time.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rythian posted:

I'm sure you guys have all heard it before, but those of you who waited for Hitman 3 to hit Steam before you got it... oh man are you in for a treat. I think it's the best of the trilogy, and you're going to have such a good time.

I've barely seen or heard anything about 3, I can't wait.

I would've bought it on PS4 but I figured it would run poorly by this point

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

It's uhhh... it's been a rough wait.... :sweatdrop:

hahaha yeah I feel ya - I would be the same, but I deliberately stopped myself from playing in order to hold out for Hitman 3! Otherwise I'm sure I'd be in the exact same boat as you, haha :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rythian posted:

I've managed to avoid almost everything about the game, other than every so often people saying they loved it, so I am enormously excited :)