Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hillary Clinton didn't campaign in the Midwest because she's a forward-thinking political genius playing 4D chess and she didn't want the Republicans to think that her campaign thought the Midwest was vulnerable. Donald Trump campaigned in the Midwest because it made him feel good when rallies full of Midwesterners chanted "lock her up," and he won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that prick really should have locked her up

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
On election day, be sure to hold your nose and vote blue no matter who!
Also, that means you like them.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the democrat party sucks rear end

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

HootTheOwl posted:

On election day, be sure to hold your nose and vote blue no matter who!
Also, that means you like them.

“Biden is the better candidate because his policy decisions are less likely to kill me. He might not make progressive changes but at least I’ll be safer.”

*More Americans die under Biden than Trump*

Well… Nevertheless…

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

bi crimes posted:

the democrat party sucks rear end

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status...ingawful.com%2F

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

they have both

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fame Douglas posted:

"Akshually, those voters aren't worth as much as those other ones" might be a fine rationale for the electoral college, but it doesn't strengthen your argument at all.

there is no argument nincompoop, just straight facts, sorry you can't handle them

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

This is definitely true but not the way they mean it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

The former aide to Bill Clinton recounted an essay he’d read by activist and former politician Andrew Young, who had detailed the hard work he and others put into mobilizing support for civil rights legislation in the 1960s.

Begala recalled how Young explained that he and King met with President Lyndon Johnson and urged him to pass a voting rights bill. Johnson explained he had spent all of his political capital on passing the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

King told Young that the way to get Johnson to move on voting rights was to “go get the president some power” by mobilizing people in churches, universities, labor unions, and other organizations, Begala said.

Speaking about the present day, Begala said, “Those of us who want to save voting rights – we need to get to work. I do think Biden is putting everything behind this, but he needs better followers. He needs all of us in the game as well.”

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fame Douglas posted:

The US electoral system being undemocratic garbage doesn't mean she wasn't popular. You're saying she should have pandered to a minority.

Signing in to the ‘democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022’ thread in the year 2022 to defend Abuela’s actions in 2016, thus doing a great job showing why the democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

can't criticize leaders who dont exist

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Arizona famously loves MLK and never did anything weird on today

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Not one but two elections in a row where the winning party talked about locking the loser up and they aren't doing it. The first president to send the losing candidate to gitmo will be god emperor for life.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

The US electoral system being undemocratic garbage doesn't mean she wasn't popular. You're saying she should have pandered to a minority.

'popular'

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

the democrats

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

sombrero posted:

That's the best and only thing she could come up with when campaigning to be the most powerful person in the world? LOL

edit: she didn't actually campaign so this post gives her way too much credit

Lmao if you think the president of America is the most powerful person in the world, or even America.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the more she opens her mouth to blame others for her shortcomings, the more popular she becomes :allears:

its also not like the voting tally was indicative of popularity for the simple fact that it was just a tally for a presidential race, not much other viable choices to really indicate popularity so conflating the popular vote with that is utter loving nonsense~

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lol wow the benghazi hearings really did mortally wound her presidential campaign

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

"we need to get to work" is a wake-up call to all the elected officials people voted in to do that in 2020, right?

(not me, i wrote in Bernie for president and left the downticket blank except for some city issues)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Nothus posted:

lol wow the benghazi hearings really did mortally wound her presidential campaign

it was a mixture of Ben Ghazi and that she is deeply unlikable and the more people see of her the less they like. people liked the idea of Hillary Clinton, not the reality

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1483151874224177157?s=20

this is the greatest piece of Biden media yet, and Kamala is the perfect hype woman

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kinda interesting that even in the early clinton years with limbaugh/gingrich ascendant, she never went underwater until just before the 2016 primary debates

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1483151874224177157?s=20

this is the greatest piece of Biden media yet, and Kamala is the perfect hype woman

what a loving weird take.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Stereotype posted:

it was a mixture of Ben Ghazi and that she is deeply unlikable and the more people see of her the less they like. people liked the idea of Hillary Clinton, not the reality

i don’t particularly like the clintons but it’s also true that gop leveled their fury at her for like decades and i think it’s important to recognize that

i mean also yes she was a hideous, lazy campaigner and coming down with some pneumonia or whatever didn’t help. the campaign was still lost on her moves.

i say swears online posted:

kinda interesting that even in the early clinton years with limbaugh/gingrich ascendant, she never went underwater until just before the 2016 primary debates

true tho imo that’s because she was less of a direct threat.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Stereotype posted:

whats weird about rating black men's deaths at your personal expense and political gain? :dementia:

martin, listen jack, his death was a clip and run, that's a two

number two, n-number one

george floyd sacrificed himself *leans into mic, weird whisper* for nine minutes *increases volume* cmon man! shootemintheleg

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Stereotype posted:

MMHMM

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hillary campaigned on the historicity of a woman president, or at least that's the only thing her constituency really cared about.

It's bad enough to lose by sucking or everyone just hating you, but Hillary lost the primary in 08 because her campaign didn't understand how caucuses work, and she lost '16 because they forgot how the Electoral College works. And these are the people who expect us to believe they're they're the most qualified.

You can't expect them to devote mental energy towards things like "how causes work" or "how the electoral college works" when they're busy using their brilliant minds to craft brilliant policy 24/7

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
As a person who would actually be enacting policy HRC would be pretty much identical to Obama or Bill, so yes in theory she should probably be as popular as they are

She's not, and part of that is almost certainly due to misogyny, and from the right wing calling for her head for decades which itself was partly due to misogyny, and yes that definitely isn't fair

But if we chose Presidents based on what was fair or who would be the best at doing it, the Clintons wouldn't have even gotten close to it in the first place. Before you are allowed to be President you have to be good at a very specific and hosed up kind of politics, and HRC repeatedly proved that she was not, similar to how Joe Biden had to run like five times to become President and now that he finally he is President he is heralding the end of his own party as a major political entity

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mediaphage posted:

i don’t particularly like the clintons but it’s also true that gop leveled their fury at her for like decades and i think it’s important to recognize that

I think that she actually did a pretty good job diminishing the effect that ridiculous slander thrown at her by the GOP had in the minds of people. What that slander did succeed at though was make her insular and secretive and paranoid, where any criticism leveled at her elicited the same response whether it be Did You Kill Seth Rich or Your Minimum Wage Plan Sucks. She lost because she was a deeply boring unapproachable person and ran entirely on further cementing the status quo and refused to even consider any ideas that weren't focus grouped extensively with her third way team of disconnected sycophants. she motivates and excites no one. Everyone saw through her ridiculous pandering.

Donald Trump on the other hand is literally the exact opposite of all of those things. He leaned into scandals, just openly supported anything anyone suggested, and wanted to smash the whole system (while somehow also sustaining the part you like best). I'd be shocked if he had lost

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Stereotype posted:

I think that she actually did a pretty good job diminishing the effect that ridiculous slander thrown at her by the GOP had in the minds of people. What that slander did succeed at though was make her insular and secretive and paranoid, where any criticism leveled at her elicited the same response whether it be Did You Kill Seth Rich or Your Minimum Wage Plan Sucks. She lost because she was a deeply boring unapproachable person and ran entirely on further cementing the status quo and refused to even consider any ideas that weren't focus grouped extensively with her third way team of disconnected sycophants. she motivates and excites no one. Everyone saw through her ridiculous pandering.

Donald Trump on the other hand is literally the exact opposite of all of those things. He leaned into scandals, just openly supported anything anyone suggested, and wanted to smash the whole system (while somehow also sustaining the part you like best). I'd be shocked if he had lost

generally agree though i don’t know how much she mitigated anything; the people who ended up voting for her did because they were mostly never going to vote for trump anyway

anyway does anyone really think she’s going to run again? honestly? i’m not sure she’s still that relevant otherwise

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Business Gorillas posted:

"we need to get to work" is a wake-up call to all the elected officials people voted in to do that in 2020, right?

(not me, i wrote in Kamala for president and left the downticket blank except for some city issues)

:yikes:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mediaphage posted:

anyway does anyone really think she’s going to run again? honestly? i’m not sure she’s still that relevant otherwise

i guarantee that she's surrounded herself with people who tell her she needs to run and the only reason she didn't in 2020 was fresh loser stink and the entire field of hopefuls going "gently caress OFF!" in unison

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

saying you wrote in kam in 2020 is a great way to troll khive

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I loving hate this worthless party of feckless self-enriching shitbags so loving much.

the fact they're gonna be destroyed in 2022 brings me no solace

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
My only incentive to vote dem is I want legal weed in Minnesota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

are going to get destroyed in 2022