Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainTofu
Jun 1, 2021

Ciaphas posted:

... drat, I should try that in Maine, now that you say that

especially that god awful ascent on the southwest side of Yellowrock :tizzy:

I used it to open the Imandra garage via the super sketchy rock canyon, no bother at all. Crap for heavy hauling on easy terrain but get way out there and it's like cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Snowy posted:

Which guide was that? I think I missed it

https://www.reddit.com/r/snowrunner/comments/go5i6y/oc_complete_walkthrough_michigan_all_achievements/
https://www.reddit.com/r/snowrunner/comments/gs9zpu/oc_complete_walkthrough_alaska_all_achievements/
https://www.reddit.com/r/snowrunner/comments/gutfk3/complete_walkthrough_taymyr_all_achievements/

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thank you!! :wooper:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So uh, anybody know if there's a way to unlock the console or similar in this game? Ran into a weird glitch that had me forced to restart an end game contract in Don and it set me back ALL THE WAY to the start of the mission and I'd rather just cheat it so I can move on considering I was in the last couple minutes

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Oof that sucks

I keep hopping between cherno and Cosmo - I can either do an unbelievably long, tedious and completely flat route in cherno to haul cargo, or I can bring it from Cosmo while sliding around on ice roads, breaking through rotten ice , tipping over on hills, etc

You best believe im doing the latter. Although I did finally drop my "no outside the region trucks" rule and took the twinsteers in to cherno where they stunted all over it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Oof that sucks

I keep hopping between cherno and Cosmo - I can either do an unbelievably long, tedious and completely flat route in cherno to haul cargo, or I can bring it from Cosmo while sliding around on ice roads, breaking through rotten ice , tipping over on hills, etc

You best believe im doing the latter. Although I did finally drop my "no outside the region trucks" rule and took the twinsteers in to cherno where they stunted all over it

Cherno is what really cemented my love of the 605r w/ ramped flatbed+chain tire Azov 7 w/ sideboard bed...just absolute blew through poo poo with that combo and a Voron AE sprinting around doing smaller stuff

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Epic High Five posted:

Cherno is what really cemented my love of the 605r w/ ramped flatbed+chain tire Azov 7 w/ sideboard bed...just absolute blew through poo poo with that combo and a Voron AE sprinting around doing smaller stuff

Yeah. The 605 is just boring is the problem

I had some leftover 4220s from way back on the Cosmo map and trying to use them in a road train with ramped flatbed is a loving throwback compared to the zikz

I did haul a pair of large pipes with a zikz on a 8 slot trailer, it was a disaster and I had to unpack multiple spots to drag over humps because of the weird way the physics work

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah. The 605 is just boring is the problem

I had some leftover 4220s from way back on the Cosmo map and trying to use them in a road train with ramped flatbed is a loving throwback compared to the zikz

I did haul a pair of large pipes with a zikz on a 8 slot trailer, it was a disaster and I had to unpack multiple spots to drag over humps because of the weird way the physics work

how'd you like that NAI trailer mission

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i love to do something insanely stupid and then having it work out in the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4vyFyCYz48

made for a really nice screenshot being in there with the sun over the bridge

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Speaking of things I wish I knew earlier, unpacked cargo weighs half of what packed cargo does for some reason. So just start letting stuff slide around in your sideboard bed.

So I used the azov 7 to deliver the rails in don last night and it was just an absolute miserable experience. I don't have the tuned suspension so the front was so low it gets stuck on absolutely everything. It's got plenty of power but the form factor was just awful. I guess I'm still in the market for a heavy because after looking where the suspension is I'm not getting out to that anytime soon - I'll be able to pick up that OP ziks in amur sooner than getting that upgrade.

I keep wanting to use other trucks but the drat tayga 7436 with the best engine, highrange, raised, TMHS, a crane and sideboard semitrailer is just so incredibly good. I *almost* threw a high saddle on and used it over the azov 7 and after the miserable delivery I think I should have.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 15, 2022

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Xaris posted:

i love to do something insanely stupid and then having it work out in the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4vyFyCYz48

made for a really nice screenshot being in there with the sun over the bridge

Oh wow, I hope Mr Johnson doesn't mind his car being trashed! Also drat, I reckon that winching at the start could've been done way less catastrophically, haha :v: But yeah that's an amazing recovery - great crane-fu, too!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sun is setting on another Saturday...time to head into town to lay some pipe :smaug:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I had originally parked the Azov 7 at the entrance to the zone and brought a Bandit to do the fetching, but it just wouldn't stop flipping or having its bed stick at a 45 degree angle so I recovered it and sent the sideboard-less Azov to the areas to retrieve the pipes, which it did without issue or controversy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

In the Reddit walkthroughs, what do the numbers after the tasks refer to?

E- sorry I guess I should ask there but I try to avoid posting anything on Reddit :)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Snowy posted:

In the Reddit walkthroughs, what do the numbers after the tasks refer to?

E- sorry I guess I should ask there but I try to avoid posting anything on Reddit :)

Just keeping track of them all

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

mastershakeman posted:

Just keeping track of them all

Gotcha thanks again :)

It was nice trying the Azov a little in Michigan, it’s fun seeing that thing get submerged and just blast through unscathed.

On the other hand it was tons of fun getting my scout 800 stuck a million times then rolling it down a hill, and spending ten minutes trying to move a few feet through some water to get an upgrade. Finally making it there after three attempts felt like a huge achievement.

Being stuck in that water so long got me a lot of eyerolls from my gf who has done a fair amount of gnarly off-roading in a jeep, while I’ve never even had a drivers license

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’d love if this game had euro truck simulator’s radio with local stations for each zone. The game feels pretty apocalyptic with no people or cars.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Snowy posted:

I’d love if this game had euro truck simulator’s radio with local stations for each zone. The game feels pretty apocalyptic with no people or cars.

Go drive around in imandra at night , it's eerie

I love it

Also theres wolves and polar bears I think. And a couple people fishing

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

mastershakeman posted:

Go drive around in imandra at night , it's eerie

That sounds so good

quote:

I love it

Yeah it definitely adds to the chill factor, knowing absolutely nothing else is happening out there, nobody’s going to drive by and you’re not getting help from anyone else.

quote:

. And a couple people fishing

I may have to run them down

E- hey whaddya know, the scout 800 is way better when you remember to put the awd back on

Snowy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 16, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Snowy posted:

That sounds so good

Yeah it definitely adds to the chill factor, knowing absolutely nothing else is happening out there, nobody’s going to drive by and you’re not getting help from anyone else.
the music in the kola peninsula really hits all the right notes if you want lonely, desolate grandeur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9NprU7wajY&t=794s

i'd happily listen to music of this stripe all day, won't lie

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 16, 2022

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ciaphas posted:

the music in the kola peninsula really hits all the right notes if you want lonely, desolate grandeur

That is cool and thanks for the video, I turned off the black river music and probably would have never turned it back on

E- and Jaye Jayle has some chill slightly bluesy country weirdo vibes, not as minimal as that but maybe worth a listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7OQ8vHg-ZU

Snowy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 16, 2022

Old Balls McGee
Nov 2, 2008
Hi thread. Snowrunner was $5 on Epic not long ago, so I made a weird transition from Cyberpunk.

Pretty chill game, I throw on some chillwave and haul some long logs for hours. 1 P16 truckload at a time. None of that hepped up multitruck over packing for this guy.

I like the old trucks best, as I had some older friends and family who drove and it reminds me of their stories. I've got my class 1 so I can technically do that, but it's been close to 20 years since I have so I'd be a menace. This sort of takes it place, in the same way DCS does since I don't fly.

Thanks for all the tips and tricks along the way everyone.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I won’t keep posting music in the truck thread but I realized I posted the wrong thing, this is more along the mood of that video posted before I think, Earth is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEiRKpflgQA

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, just wondering... is the YAR 87 usable in the US regions? Or only in Russia?
(Man I'm not a fan of that limitation. I get why they did it, but I'm a globe-trotting xtreme trucker, dammit! Surely I can take my favourite trucks with me)

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
The only coded geographical limit is where you can buy certain trucks, you can use any owned truck on any map. Just retain them in their current garage and they'll be available in any other garage.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ciaphas posted:

Hey that's cool, thanks for posting. I actually turned ingame sounds down to like 5% so i could listen to podcasts while playing (because I find conflicting sounds annoying), and actually never listened to the music at all for most levels

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

BlackIronHeart posted:

The only coded geographical limit is where you can buy certain trucks, you can use any owned truck on any map. Just retain them in their current garage and they'll be available in any other garage.

Ohhhh, right! OK that's good then. I think I must've sold my Bandit and was unable to re-buy then, and that threw me off.

Also uh, I'm not gonna experience any long-term health problems after driving through Taymyr, right? ...right? :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Major Isoor posted:

Ohhhh, right! OK that's good then. I think I must've sold my Bandit and was unable to re-buy then, and that threw me off.

Also uh, I'm not gonna experience any long-term health problems after driving through Taymyr, right? ...right? :ohdear:

eh i wouldn't worry

yet :kheldragar:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

also i'm real glad people like the song section i posted. good appropriate music elevates the hell out of most games for me

Snowy posted:

I won’t keep posting music in the truck thread but I realized I posted the wrong thing, this is more along the mood of that video posted before I think, Earth is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEiRKpflgQA
whips rear end

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Me two hours ago: man cherno is so boring it's just shlepping stuff around easy roads

Me now: gently caress northern aegis this is insane I can't even make it to the second watchtower what the hell

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Me two hours ago: man cherno is so boring it's just shlepping stuff around easy roads

Me now: gently caress northern aegis this is insane I can't even make it to the second watchtower what the hell

Don't worry, it gets 100x worse with the last big contract there!

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
So when you guys talk about packing cargo or scouts or fuel trailer on top of a trucks cabin and stuff, can you actually pack it like regular cargo, affixing it in place, or do you just freeride it while it physics around?

I'm fine with doing things one truck at a time, but Amur is really testing me...

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

grate deceiver posted:

So when you guys talk about packing cargo or scouts or fuel trailer on top of a trucks cabin and stuff, can you actually pack it like regular cargo, affixing it in place, or do you just freeride it while it physics around?

And if anyone has any especially cool screenshots of this I’m super curious about it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's pretty selectively useful and more of just a neat trick, I think you can now pack scout fuel trailers onto stuff as well, and yeah it's fully packed and will stick around despite a whole lot of bouncing around

If you're wanting to haul more cargo, your best bet is gonna be just convoying up another truck by turning its engine on and winching it. For Ursa I used a 605r w/ ramped flatbed and an Azov 7 with semi and chain tires

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
yeah I don't bother packing scouts ontop anymore because I'm always convoying. I never leave the garage without towing at least another truck already that I can drain in a pinch. I also hate how fiddly cranes are even the "big ones". Maybe packing a scout trailer would be useful though. I've also probably dropped a few CAT 745's with fuel add-ons around if I need to fuel up in a pinch.

maybe packing a scout fuel trailer on a Twinsteer wouldn't be bad though: that thing is loving thirsty. But 605r and Azov7 is real fuel efficient. I'm currently on Paper Factory C in Wisconsin and having to drop that sucker off at the fuel station like almost every run on the Warehouse. I'm dreading having to go over to the Brick Factory which I haven't touched yet

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

When yall say overload, are you just holding it on there with hope? You say you don't pack it so how does it not just fall off right away?

Also, this game is fun as hell but I can't stand it solo. I just wanna truck with the boys, help each other out and stuff. So, if you want to coop sometime hit me up, it's hard to find folks to play with.

Can I crossplay off epic?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

When yall say overload, are you just holding it on there with hope? You say you don't pack it so how does it not just fall off right away?

usually it's being tamped down by a loading crane on top of it. sometimes you can kinda squeeze one-slotters into crevices that'll be a little jank

but yes, if you're sufficiently mad some trucks can for example wear cargo as hats and get it where its going on sheer gumption - or hell, just stack one on top of the other and pray like so

mastershakeman posted:

nothing can stop a mud tire twinsteer + chain tire twinsteer

not even 16 units of cargo

i'm curious how much mid-trip cargo recovery with an off-stage crane truck there was on that journey

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 18, 2022

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Epic High Five posted:

So uh, anybody know if there's a way to unlock the console or similar in this game? Ran into a weird glitch that had me forced to restart an end game contract in Don and it set me back ALL THE WAY to the start of the mission and I'd rather just cheat it so I can move on considering I was in the last couple minutes

If you're on PC you can edit saves, that's your best bet https://www.maprunner.info/resources/save-editor

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, anyone know what's up with my photo mode? Everything seems to be put under a blue filter. (e.g. the grass is blue, the orange stripe on my ute is blue, etc)

HERE is an example. Not sure what happened since it's only been an issue the last few days. Previously it was ok (for like, the week I've had the game haha)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Elendil004 posted:

Also, this game is fun as hell but I can't stand it solo. I just wanna truck with the boys, help each other out and stuff. So, if you want to coop sometime hit me up, it's hard to find folks to play with.

Can I crossplay off epic?

You can cross play by getting the code from the manage party menu, then sending it to people. My epic name is same as here if you want to add me

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, anyone know what's up with my photo mode? Everything seems to be put under a blue filter. (e.g. the grass is blue, the orange stripe on my ute is blue, etc)

HERE is an example. Not sure what happened since it's only been an issue the last few days. Previously it was ok (for like, the week I've had the game haha)

Known bug but you can apparently fix the images with GIMP:

https://old.reddit.com/r/snowrunner/comments/s76o6z/how_to_fix_your_photo_mode_colours_pcsteam/