Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Krla_UxRg

seems to focus a lot on his mental health rather than punching actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I don't really like that trailer. Seems like it's a bit of an effort to watch through that show, rather than lighthearted fun.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Presumably focusing on the punching might be spoilery. It looks trippy, so I'm in.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That trailer made it seem like it was gonna be a psychological horror, which would make it extremely up my alley since I thought those were the best parts of WandaVision

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ethan Hawke is definitely Mephisto, right?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

It's definitely another take on the character. But I thought Steven Grant was the Richie Rich persona with money bulging from every pocket, not the doofy loser who can't seem to get any sleep. Marc Spector is called out by name, but there's no sign of Jake Lockley, cab driver..

Also why is Moon Knight mugging that poor mummy

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kazil posted:

Ethan Hawke is definitely Mephisto, right?

The character's name is Arthur Harrow.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

The character's name is Arthur Harrow Mephisto.

Fixed.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The character's name is Arthur Harrow.

Harrow -> Hallow -> Halloween -> Devil -> Mephisto

the clues are right there!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I don't know anything about Moon Night but this is definitely a different flavor than the other MCU stuff it feels like, Wandavision coming closest. Real curious how it'll tie into the rest of the MCU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pik_d posted:

I don't know anything about Moon Night but this is definitely a different flavor than the other MCU stuff it feels like, Wandavision coming closest. Real curious how it'll tie into the rest of the MCU

It looks like the museum may be the same place that Sersi and Dane work at.

Most likely it's gonna lead to Moon Knight teaming up with Blade and Black Knight in a Midnight Sons/Marvel Knights team. Hopefully they get to fight Dracula.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

kazil posted:

Harrow -> Hallow -> Halloween -> Devil -> Mephisto

the clues are right there!

Harrow -> Hard-arrow -> Hard-On -> Boner -> Ralph Bohner -> Mephisto -> Devil -> Halloween -> Hallow -> Harrow

:aaaaa:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

There appears to be some flavour of Mr robot with the whole split personality and especially that shot of him in the hoodie

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It seemed way, way more in line with Netflix Marvel than D+ Marvel, that’s for sure.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

This trailer really has a vibe like it was cut solely from the first 30 minutes of the first episode.

I’m on board to watch Benson/Moorehead direct Oscar Isaac but I still don’t really have a sense of the show tbh

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Mover posted:

This trailer really has a vibe like it was cut solely from the first 30 minutes of the first episode.

I’m on board to watch Benson/Moorehead direct Oscar Isaac but I still don’t really have a sense of the show tbh

I completely forgot that’s who was running this show and now I’m extremely in.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

DogsInSpace! posted:

Sprite mortal was a bit silly. I thought she just wanted to be older so maybe just age her to an adult before making her “human.” If this was a mini series they could have had some time where she realized that looking bigger wasn’t the issue but the problem was eternal life in stasis as opposed to just being a kid. Would have had far more weight too.

I kind of saw it as Sersi basically killing Sprite because she can never trust her again. Sure it gives Sprite what she wants. It just does so in a that ensures that fairly soon (from Sersi's perspective) Sprite will never be a problem again.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

It looks like the museum may be the same place that Sersi and Dane work at.

Eternals was the iconic Museum of Natural History in Kensington. Moon Knight has the British Museum (the real version of the fictional Museum of Great Britain that Killmonger led a heist on).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Looks like Moon Knight might be a good headfuck and I do love me a good headfuck. Consider me cautiously optimistic

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oscar Isaac is a better actor than anyone they’ve given one of these shows too yet, which is why I’m the most excited for it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Parkingtigers posted:

Eternals was the iconic Museum of Natural History in Kensington. Moon Knight has the British Museum (the real version of the fictional Museum of Great Britain that Killmonger led a heist on).

My big pet peeve is that for some reason they decided to portray the Natural History Museum as a school?

I love the use of Kid Cudi in that Moon Knight trailer.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 18, 2022

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Moon Knight has one of the best superhero costume out there, it’s super simple and looks cool, this tv version looks too busy for my taste.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Moon Knight just looks like grayscale spawn

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Moon Knight just looks like grayscale spawn

Spawn just looks like Venom with a cape

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Spawn just looks like Venom with a cape

Venom is just big black angry Spider-Man

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
In the trailer when Ethan Hawke says something about chaos is he talking about chaos magic in the same way that Agatha was talking about Wanda's magic?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ethan Hawke is clearly Dracula and Moon Knight needs to get his money back from him.

And yea, the trailer looks like its basically the first episode.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Bleck posted:

Venom is just big black angry Spider-Man

Spider-Man 2099 is just Oscar Isaac

Who played Apocalypse in X-Men

A film franchise containing the character Sebastian Shaw

Played by...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mephisto.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mephisto is going to show up one of these days with free hoagies for everybody.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Moon Knight is just greyscale big black angry Spider-Man with a cape

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dracula is just a big loving nerd who owes Moon Knight money

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

The_Doctor posted:

My big pet peeve is that for some reason they decided to portray the Natural History Museum as a school?

A school that displayed man-made artifacts

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Big decision for Oscar Isaac to choose the accent of a very upset Aldous Snow.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
"oi, me dibbly dobbers"

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

pik_d posted:

In the trailer when Ethan Hawke says something about chaos is he talking about chaos magic in the same way that Agatha was talking about Wanda's magic?

It is still very early here, but this post is the moment I realized that character isn't Kevin Bacon.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
At this point I hope they do eventually introduce Mephisto, only to have him be on screen for like 5 minutes before getting punked by like, Squirrel Girl and never seen again.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oscar Isaac’s English accent as cosmic repentance for Cumberbatch’s

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
assuming it doesn't just zoop around from London to New york after the first episode it'll be fun to see badly re-named pubs blown up instead of skyscrapers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Maybe Stephen is English, but Marc is American so we don’t have to put up with that accent all the time.