Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
gently caress the leak turned my hype for this game up to 11. Build-a-LL is so drat cool, can’t wait to see what they can do with that. The upgraded diplomacy looks amazing, I would pay $60 for that alone, everything else is icing on the cake. I can’t wait for the mega map, immortal empires is going to be insane with all the different factions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the Shogun 2 "Create A General" thing kicked rear end and I was always disappointed they never did it again for Total Warhammer. Happy to see it back in some form.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I see the true potential here, this is a test bed for Build A General with Dogs of War.

The legs of a Tilean, the arms of a hammer wielding Sigmarite, the stern countenance and tight rear end forged by endless labor of an upstart Brettonian peasant.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I hope there will be a mod that unlocks build-a-LL options so I can have boobs for hands, shoulders, etc.

Doomykins posted:

I see the true potential here, this is a test bed for Build A General with Dogs of War.

The legs of a Tilean, the arms of a hammer wielding Sigmarite, the stern countenance and tight rear end forged by endless labor of an upstart Brettonian peasant.

The boobs of a Tilean, the boobs of a hammer wielding Sigmarite, the stern boobs..

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i respect CA's choice. the only way to win the prediction game is to refuse to play

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

We were the ninth legendary lord all along, each and every one of us.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Giodo! posted:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Looking at the army roster at the bottom, this LL gets access to all the daemonic units.

I was hoping for on-release playable Be'lakor but holy moly this is very cool :allears:

Not just demons, looks like they have Slaanesh marauders and the non-demonic warhounds too!

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.

Doomykins posted:

I'll only accept this if it's in addition to established dogs of war LLs. I want to play as Commander Morgan Bernhardt of the Grudgebringer Mercenary Company drat it :mad:

Actually I fully expect Chaos Dwarves to be the only race dlc and we won't be getting the dogs at all but let me dream.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cannibal Llama posted:

I'll only accept this if it's in addition to established dogs of war LLs. I want to play as Commander Morgan Bernhardt of the Grudgebringer Mercenary Company drat it :mad:

Actually I fully expect Chaos Dwarves to be the only race dlc and we won't be getting the dogs at all but let me dream.

I don't know if we're getting Dogs of War or not, but I'll be shocked if they break the pattern of 2 race packs per game by having fewer than that.

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.

Sinteres posted:

I don't know if we're getting Dogs of War or not, but I'll be shocked if they break the pattern of 2 race packs per game by having fewer than that.

I mean, I really hope you're right. The Chaos dwarfs, for a race that doesn't have any leaks or official hints at a possible dlc, are fully expected by pretty much everyone including me to be the first piece of DLC announced, but I honestly don't know what they could possibly do after that asides from lord packs. I'm slightly nervous about the dogs chances because of that ogre mercenary contract mechanic taking away their main gimmick. Also, while I love to make fun of the people whining about the settlement art or whatever I gotta admit I'm still slightly miffed that we lost the chance for Araby.

I don't expect them to do anything with Nippon, Ind or the Khuresh either. Cathay is a one and done new faction deal.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cannibal Llama posted:

I mean, I really hope you're right. The Chaos dwarfs, for a race that doesn't have any leaks or official hints at a possible dlc, are fully expected by pretty much everyone including me to be the first piece of DLC announced, but I honestly don't know what they could possibly do after that asides from lord packs. I'm slightly nervous about the dogs chances because of that ogre mercenary contract mechanic taking away their main gimmick. Also, while I love to make fun of the people whining about the settlement art or whatever I gotta admit I'm still slightly miffed that we lost the chance for Araby.

I don't expect them to do anything with Nippon, Ind or the Khuresh either. Cathay is a one and done new faction deal.

If we don't get Dogs, Nagash is my best guess for a second race pack. But if that's not on the table for some reason, and they (reasonably) don't want to/aren't allowed to do more far east stuff that doesn't have GW support, I don't see why they wouldn't do Dogs. Yeah there's a little overlap with ogres, but I'm sure people would still buy it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah, Chorfs are in a TK situation: fan favorite, sole owners of a big, unused area of the map that pretty much everyone will interact with, had a sort-of army book in 8th ed. They're very likely to be the first DLC for 3 in the same way TKs were for 2.

Dogs of War and Nagash are the only other realistic options, and apparently Nagasshizar isn't even on the WH3 map.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Azran posted:

Yeah, Chorfs are in a TK situation: fan favorite, sole owners of a big, unused area of the map that pretty much everyone will interact with, had a sort-of army book in 8th ed. They're very likely to be the first DLC for 3 in the same way TKs were for 2.

Dogs of War and Nagash are the only other realistic options, and apparently Nagasshizar isn't even on the WH3 map.

It is on the 2 map weirdly.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Giodo! posted:

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
If they do a build your own dogs of war faction, complete with hat selector, I hope you start with a weapon called the Mountain Blade

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I hope at least the weapons are customizable. It was always weird how Franz isn't supposed to weild Ghal Maraz until his quest but the model never changed. There were a few lord missions like that.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Cannibal Llama posted:

For contrast, I don’t think anything is off the table. I could see CA actively support WH3 for 4-5 more years, including map expansion and new races. As long as people keep buying DLC, they are incentivized to keep expanding. The opposite of Three Kingdoms, for example. The base game sold fantastically, but the DLC sales fell off a cliff (apparently), so it’s no wonder they cut it off at the knees. Certainly if it was selling well, they would have kept adding on. It’d be bad business not to.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Scott Forstall posted:

For contrast, I don’t think anything is off the table. I could see CA actively support WH3 for 4-5 more years, including map expansion and new races. As long as people keep buying DLC, they are incentivized to keep expanding. The opposite of Three Kingdoms, for example. The base game sold fantastically, but the DLC sales fell off a cliff (apparently), so it’s no wonder they cut it off at the knees. Certainly if it was selling well, they would have kept adding on. It’d be bad business not to.

We got a whole lot of DLC over the longer than anticipated lifespan of 2 without them ever doing Araby, so I think they can manage to keep this game going for years without having to asspull new armies for factions like Nippon. That's leaving aside whether GW would even let them do it, which is far from clear.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Sinteres posted:

We got a whole lot of DLC over the longer than anticipated lifespan of 2 without them ever doing Araby, so I think they can manage to keep this game going for years without having to asspull new armies for factions like Nippon. That's leaving aside whether GW would even let them do it, which is far from clear.

If this game prints money (which I suspect it will), then it's likely GW will give CA a LOT of leeway, eventually.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Gonkish posted:

If this game prints money (which I suspect it will), then it's likely GW will give CA a LOT of leeway, eventually.

Fish Aelves WHEN

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I suppose one thing against build-a-lord is when it comes to choices in warhams there tends to be a Correct choice, or at least an outright meta one.

but it's also singleplayer so who cares

although how would this even begin to work in MP

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Gamerofthegame posted:

I suppose one thing against build-a-lord is when it comes to choices in warhams there tends to be a Correct choice, or at least an outright meta one.

but it's also singleplayer so who cares

although how would this even begin to work in MP

Shogun 2 had a multiplayer version.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So if Ursun is our mystery dying god, it's obvious why Kislev wants to save him, it's obvious that Chaos can do Chaos stuff with the corpse of an enemy god, and Cathay is probably generally interested in making sure that all doesn't happen.

So what are Ogres going to do? What if they want to feed Ursun to the Maw?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I suspect ogres won't have the same campaign objectives as the core races

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
“Eat a god,”

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hopefully the build-a-lord feature doesn't become widespread. It would make regular LLs redundant and, as already mentioned, there will be a single correct choice, making the whole system barely any better than what we have right now. Now, cosmetic customization? That'd own.

Edit: Being realistic, the most likely thing is that this feature is being tested for the next historical game they make and/or 40K

Azran fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 18, 2022

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Dr Christmas posted:

So what are Ogres going to do? What if they want to feed Ursun to the Maw?

I'm fairly sure some of the ad copy already said this, not sure where though.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
The second DLC race will clearly be time-travelling Stormcast Eternals.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

doingitwrong posted:

“Eat a god,”

This will be Grom's ultimate meal

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mordja posted:

Bizzaro! Bizzaro! Bizzaro! Bizzaro, I love you!

Just imagine the mod possibilities with this alone.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

can't wait for the 'penis' slot

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
That Torso slot can fit so many boobs you wouldn't believe it.

Cobra Lionfist
Jun 4, 2013
I'm gonna make a Slambo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Azran posted:

Hopefully the build-a-lord feature doesn't become widespread. It would make regular LLs redundant and, as already mentioned, there will be a single correct choice, making the whole system barely any better than what we have right now. Now, cosmetic customization? That'd own.

Edit: Being realistic, the most likely thing is that this feature is being tested for the next historical game they make and/or 40K
I imagine the first thing its being tested for is Dogs of War. They're already adding the ability to recruit foreign units via these military camp things and now they're adding a build-your-own-demon-lord? I'm not WH lore expert but that gives me a feeling Dogs of War is a "when" not "if" question, now, because Dogs of War would be the perfect way to let a good guy, and human, faction have a build-your-own-lord capabilities without needing to give it to everyone.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Gonkish posted:

I think GW already has given CA a lot of leeway, and CA being the first ones to debut Cathay proves it. I just don't know if it makes sense for either side for CA to start making up new armies in areas GW isn't interested in exploring when CA's shown an ability to sell pretty much any lord pack they feel like making. Obviously if GW does decide it wants to make a Nippon or Khuresh army or whatever for tabletop, the calculation changes and suddenly a race pack for them seems a lot more likely, but I don't think we'd be getting the map we're getting if CA had any intentions as of right now of including anything like that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I want to make Normal Guy. Just an empire shield man or a brettonian peasant.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Because I've seen some outrage over the 9th LL being a non-established character, I want to reiterate that I love that Kitbashing is the 9th LL.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Because I've seen some outrage over the 9th LL being a non-established character, I want to reiterate that I love that Kitbashing is the 9th LL.

Welp, time to make a singing fat slaanesh guy named Mithridates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lol all the other games launched with 8, it's literally a value-add and their still bitching.