Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dance Officer posted:

I want at least 5 players for a prospective T draft, preferably 6 or 7. I just made the draft list and there's 70 draftable units on it.

Are enough people even interested in a T draft? I'm worried people might be burned out on SRW from playing 30.
sure im down for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

What does a SRW Draft even entail? Just each person only using certain units that you draft in advance?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Golux posted:

What does a SRW Draft even entail? Just each person only using certain units that you draft in advance?

Pretty much. The rules flex a bit but basically you call units and can't use other units except under specific rules. The intent is to make you try units you normally wouldn't touch.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dance Officer posted:

I want at least 5 players for a prospective T draft, preferably 6 or 7. I just made the draft list and there's 70 draftable units on it.

Are enough people even interested in a T draft? I'm worried people might be burned out on SRW from playing 30.

I'm down.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

ImpAtom posted:

As I said I'm up for it at least.

Zore posted:

I'm up for it as well

Endorph posted:

sure im down for it

This is heartening to see. We're at 6 players now, as we have someone joining us from off site. I'll get the thread up.

Edit: Thread is up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3990991

A player will be joining us from off site, so if you all are joining we're at 6 players now. Room for one more.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 16, 2022

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Hmm, I got Kyosuke unlocked, is Excellen not unlocked until later or is she just in space?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

The Golux posted:

Hmm, I got Kyosuke unlocked, is Excellen not unlocked until later or is she just in space?

She unlocks later in their questline, similarly to how other characters from the various DLC series are unlocked gradually rather than all at once. Since I'm waiting in the postgame until I'm 100% certain there's no more DLC coming, I have no idea how long it will take for Kyosuke's second mission to pop up (since I could just do every DLC chain all in a row).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Excellen, Flauros+Fusion Gundam, New York Sakura units don't unlock until you get Gai back. I don't know when you get the Baal Gundam.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

OK so it'll be a while then. I guess the DLC ones I got so far aside from that are ones that don't have obvious other things to get really (Cybuster, Dragon-and-Tiger, Voltes V). But I'm probably gonna do sakura wars next time which would have made it more obvious.

EDIT: Also, any advice on what relic missions should I be trying to do? I finished one in asia where the goal was to shoot down six or seven enemies with three units in three turns pretty easily, but the second one I tried was a "keep enemies from getting to a particular area" one with only three deploy slots and I don't even know what you could do about that one? so I'm tentative on trying others.

The Golux fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 18, 2022

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

The Golux posted:

OK so it'll be a while then. I guess the DLC ones I got so far aside from that are ones that don't have obvious other things to get really (Cybuster, Dragon-and-Tiger, Voltes V). But I'm probably gonna do sakura wars next time which would have made it more obvious.

EDIT: Also, any advice on what relic missions should I be trying to do? I finished one in asia where the goal was to shoot down six or seven enemies with three units in three turns pretty easily, but the second one I tried was a "keep enemies from getting to a particular area" one with only three deploy slots and I don't even know what you could do about that one? so I'm tentative on trying others.

Relic of Gold will auto deploy the MC but otherwise is just a straight kill in a few turns mission. Completing the final one later in the game unlocks the second MC in a second Huckebein 30.

Restoration is a straight "Kill everyone in X turns"

Hunter is "Get someone to the target destination within X turns"

Blade is "Kill everyone in X turns" again

Gales is another "Kill in X", though this one might be a solo deploy (one of the Kill in X turns is a solo deploy but I can't remember which)

Steel requires killing the 'boss' in one single attack (support/second attack is allowed)

Aura is the "Prevent enemies from getting to area" one

Shot requires that one pilot get multiple kills in a single turn, so it's the Cyflash or Multiaction power hour

And finally Aegis is "Kill the 'boss' in X turns" but they have friends with support defence

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Inferno-sama posted:

And finally Aegis is "Kill the 'boss' in X turns" but they have friends with support defence

*Then you pop Ohgi and Tamaki's supporter skill, trivializing an already easy challenge :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom1 posted:

*Then you pop Ohgi and Tamaki's supporter skill, trivializing an already easy challenge :v:

I abused that supporter so much during the game. Being able to completely shut down a game mechanic is a bit broken, turns out!

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Aren't supporters unavailable for the "beat this guy but mind the Support Defense" stuff, because the Dreisstrager needs to be on the map to use supporters and it's unavailable?

You can still use MAP attacks and the like to hit the boss and all the potential Support Defenders, or if you hit hard enough you can just swing at the potential defenders and chip the boss down while also grinding down the defenders, but I think that specific trick won't work.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Kallen was my top ace for like 1/3 of the game because I leaned on her for on all of those missions lmao. (Post Mov map attack with decent range did wonders)

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

Aren't supporters unavailable for the "beat this guy but mind the Support Defense" stuff, because the Dreisstrager needs to be on the map to use supporters and it's unavailable?

It seems a bit random on which missions have supporters blocked or not, but I vividly remember cheesing those relics with that

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
In this game, concentrating upgrades and parts on tricking out a single mech can boost it to truly absurd levels, and that's the way to trivialize every relic mission. I made Gridman a one-agent army and he can pretty much handle relic missions all by himself, often chewing through most of the mission with multi-action before his wingmen can even catch up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Senerio posted:

Kallen was my top ace for like 1/3 of the game because I leaned on her for on all of those missions lmao. (Post Mov map attack with decent range did wonders)

Kallen/Guy/Uso was my team for those missions. Their MAPs made things so much easier.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009
Don't sleep on Daba when it comes to MAPs, while L-Gaim Mk.II isn't post-move it's still easy enough to set up once you give him Hit&Run and its range is just insane. Also doesn't hurt that his ace bonus makes it really easy to start with full ExC.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Brunom1 posted:

It seems a bit random on which missions have supporters blocked or not, but I vividly remember cheesing those relics with that

None of the relic missions permit supporters. That said, all Quaestors have Support Defend, so you could be thinking of other missions.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm pretty sure Daba comes with hit and run because I was confused why he had it when most of his good moves were short and post move.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tae posted:

I'm pretty sure Daba comes with hit and run because I was confused why he had it when most of his good moves were short and post move.

He does, yeah. It was really confusing to me too until he got the Mk-II and then it became obvious.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

None of the relic missions permit supporters. That said, all Quaestors have Support Defend, so you could be thinking of other missions.

I wonder. Not that it would've made a difference in the end, because my superpowered Guy will hit the support defender with a 40k Drill Knee, and then follow up with a second attack of 30k on the main enemy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: not since W have I seen an SRW where you can snowball this hard for the majority of the game.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Brunom1 posted:

Supporters are only available when the Dreisstrager is on the map. That means they're off-limits in relic missions and in DLC missions where the DLC unit fights alone. That also means that in missions where a small group is force-deployed at the start and your ships show up later to let you deploy a few more units, you can't use supporters until the ships arrive.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom1 posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: not since W have I seen an SRW where you can snowball this hard for the majority of the game.

Both games have Genesic (or Final, I guess) GaoGaiGar in them, it's only logical.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Both games have Genesic (or Final, I guess) GaoGaiGar in them, it's only logical.

Final makes Genesic look like a baby toy.

Why yes I will take like seven protagonist tier spell pools on one unit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what is there about "king of braves" that you do not understand?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

There's still room for one more player in the T draft, if you want in!

Don't forget to join the discord channel for the drafting!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

Final makes Genesic look like a baby toy.

Why yes I will take like seven protagonist tier spell pools on one unit.

Two Love casters, three Bravery casters, one Soul caster, and did I mention that Guy's ace bonus makes it so Bravery also gives Soul? Final GaoGaiGar is absurd.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Two Love casters, three Bravery casters, one Soul caster, and did I mention that Guy's ace bonus makes it so Bravery also gives Soul? Final GaoGaiGar is absurd.

The only thing it's missing is Zeal for free turns.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

There's still room for one more player in the T draft, if you want in!

Don't forget to join the discord channel for the drafting!

I'll join as soon as I'm home

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

I'll join as soon as I'm home

Will you be home in half an hour or less? I'm about to go to bed, but I can stay up late to get drafting done.

(sorry for making GBS threads up the thread)

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

I think part of this is that 30 inundates you with resources to such a degree that you could have your entire team at 100% upgrades and level 100 somewhere around halfway to two-thirds through the game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I genuinely could not tell who comes with Hit and Run and who doesn't because if I even considered using a unit, they got that skill first. Without a limit on how many skills you can put on a unit and the glut of currency you get, there's no reason not to have it on everyone.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Senerio posted:

I genuinely could not tell who comes with Hit and Run and who doesn't because if I even considered using a unit, they got that skill first. Without a limit on how many skills you can put on a unit and the glut of currency you get, there's no reason not to have it on everyone.

Every new unit gets Preemptive Strike, Hit & Run, Ignore Size and Spirit Endurance slapped on the moment they join up.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hunter Noventa posted:

Every new unit gets Preemptive Strike, Hit & Run, Ignore Size and Spirit Endurance slapped on the moment they join up.

Lucky Star too. Can never have too much money to upgrade mechs with.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Senerio posted:

I don't know if it's because she's just inherently great or I upgraded her early but Kallen was my Top Ace for a long time, right until the Hi-Nu unlocked which swiftly relegated her to #2 Ace

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

Technically this is true, in that a supporter's active ability cannot be used. Some of their passives, however, will still trigger in Relic missions. So if you have Orga set as a supporter, you will have Accel on sortie or if you have Mokona set, you'll get whatever amount of MxP Mokona will give at that point in time (either +200 or +300 depending on whether or not you got the secret attached to them).

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Warmachine posted:

The only thing it's missing is Zeal for free turns.

Guy has Resolve so you can just go to town on those Multi-Actions instead.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Technically this is true, in that a supporter's active ability cannot be used. Some of their passives, however, will still trigger in Relic missions. So if you have Orga set as a supporter, you will have Accel on sortie or if you have Mokona set, you'll get whatever amount of MxP Mokona will give at that point in time (either +200 or +300 depending on whether or not you got the secret attached to them).

Oh, yes, this is actually universally true. The passive effects of supporters apply at all times, even in the intro missions for the DLC characters where the Dreikruz doesn't appear at all. The supporters are cheering really loudly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Kallen is easy to get going since her ace bonus is what, just like +30 starting will so you can ram the glowing drill arm into stuff right away.