Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I also hope this means I can uninstall the stupid battle.net launcher and just have everything in the xbox app on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's slightly jarring going from 1 which has amazing looking prerendered story scenes to 2 which has weird 2D stop motion squences akin to something like Max Payne but that's just due to the fact that 1 was published by Square and they went independent with 2. The games themselves are all equally amazing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

It's slightly jarring going from 1 which has amazing looking prerendered story scenes to 2 which has weird 2D stop motion squences akin to something like Max Payne but that's just due to the fact that 1 was published by Square and they went independent with 2. The games themselves are all equally amazing.

Those scenes are funny but the motion graphic stuff the level intros in 2 have look great

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea I kind of prefer the weird stylized things. The stills with the chars are weird.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

The potential for a developer to be sent to the CoD mines is now greater than ever before. I look forward to the Blops 5 map pack by Double Fine.
ehh if they haven't already made everyone make halo and forza horizon games I'm sure things will be ok

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So Im at chapter 10 in Max Payne 1 and I think my opinion isn't going to change because I never liked Max Payne 2 as much as 1 even if, mechanically, its way better.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Orc Priest posted:

I’m glad I didn’t end up buying that ps5 for Christmas.

On the plus side, the used PS5 market should get a nice boost on this news.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orc Priest posted:

I haven’t owned an Xbox since the 360 but now I have to get one for sure. Bethesda and now Activision and who knows what other companies they will acquire in the future. I’m glad I didn’t end up buying that ps5 for Christmas.

Eh some of us are still Kojima sluts, so we have to do both. But the Series X is the main system and entertainment device by a county mile. Also for anyone interested in Hitman more, check out the Hitman thread in Games, lots of good advice and people to help you out. I’ll edit the link.

THAT ... Is the Hitman Megathread (V2)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876554&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

still trying to figure out how MS buying these companies and making their games dirt cheap to play is bad for me, the Xbox gamer.

Its not.
Its only bad in like a "boy disney sure made movies suck balls when they owned all of them hope games arent going that way" sense but western aaa games have already been dogshit so have at it, phil

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also not to get into corporate overlord worship, but Phil at least seems to have his head screwed on right, judging by recent comments in NFTs and Activision’s issues. I mean for all I know he has a John Wayne Gacy basement, but he seems to be a good head as opposed to so many other dinguses in the industry.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Orc Priest posted:

I'm glad I didn’t end up buying that ps5 for Christmas.
got one being delivered this week lol. Walmart takes in store returns from online purchases right?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im still laughing at the

"Due to scandals with Activision Blizzard, we are reevaluating our relationship" -> "Im gonna pay you 70 billion to gently caress off"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

American McGay posted:

WAR
CRIMES

SUPER COCAINE

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

so yeah, he's going to be getting another $300m in a couple years
https://twitter.com/gamesbizuk/status/1483435864378290179?t=otkXIAEM41ztDDHNl-uYbA&s=19

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nobody saves the world is kinda fun. The central gimmick is that you can turn into various forms (archer, swordman, rat, egg etc) and then do small quests as each form to power them up and open up new branches in the form tree.

Cute art style, fun writing, but the gameplay feels like it could get old pretty fast, it's pretty simple.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He's apparently making 450 million from the sale + 300 million when he gets fired, so hope you like your new sports team owner Bobby Kotick

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
One thing I didn’t expect or appreciate right away with Hitman is how the missions actually get better and better on repeat playthroughs. My first attempt is usually a total mess and I end up panicking and shooting a bunch of people right out in the open, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the different options and information the game throws at you. But once you learn the maps and start to figure out all the moving pieces, it’s so satisfying how everything can come together for a very smooth and efficient operation. I’ve only played the first one though, so I’m really looking forward to this

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He was always getting paid. Being CEO is more important than money to these people. This is an L for him.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

There’s no getting around Kotick securing a bag. It’s just how this crap works, and the desirable result within the realm of practicality is him loving off to retirement or whatever.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

super fart shooter posted:

One thing I didn’t expect or appreciate right away with Hitman is how the missions actually get better and better on repeat playthroughs. My first attempt is usually a total mess and I end up panicking and shooting a bunch of people right out in the open, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the different options and information the game throws at you. But once you learn the maps and start to figure out all the moving pieces, it’s so satisfying how everything can come together for a very smooth and efficient operation. I’ve only played the first one though, so I’m really looking forward to this

This this this. The Florida level is just filled to the gills with fun. Level Mastery is something I’d never normally care about, but not with this game. Also I’m happy that elusive targets are being rework so it’s no longer one and done, in terms of attempts to beat it.

Never think one time is enough, plus tons of little sub stories and plots abound. In many ways it’s as much a puzzle game as it is an action game.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

it took the elusive targets to make me really work on some levels and once you become that cog in a perfectly working machine it feels amazing. killing ballet

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

He was always getting paid. Being CEO is more important than money to these people. This is an L for him.

Agreed. If it was about money he would have taken the golden parachute when poo poo started to hit the fan. He's gonna get a huge payout then start his own gaming company which more than likely will fail. This is the best case scenario.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah it's not for everyone but the escalations are also a really good way of learning the levels and all the intricacies within them. Such an incredible amount of content in that package.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Yeah it's not for everyone but the escalations are also a really good way of learning the levels and all the intricacies within them. Such an incredible amount of content in that package.

Yeah, I mean the only thing it probably doesn’t have is the seven deadly sins dlc, which was not that great.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Real hurthling! posted:

Its not.
Its only bad in like a "boy disney sure made movies suck balls when they owned all of them hope games arent going that way" sense but western aaa games have already been dogshit so have at it, phil

Well there's also bad in the sense that consumer friendly policies tend to dry up real quick when that company pulls ahead in market share.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well there's also bad in the sense that consumer friendly policies tend to dry up real quick when that company pulls ahead in market share.

Even if this goes through, Microsoft will still be the third largest game company so we have some time before this.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Barudak posted:

Even if this goes through, Microsoft will still be the third largest game company so we have some time before this.

I was talking more in line with console share and Xbox ecosystem. If they pull significantly ahead of Sony and don't need the gamepass lever as much anymore its an obvious target for price increases and cost saving measures.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're still a distant third any way you slice it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, and also this won't finalize for probably a year like bethesda, so its business as usual for Acti this year.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
This is just insane to me being how massive Activision is.

Microsoft can make Call of Duty exclusive to Xbox.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

70 BILLION DOLLARS :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Please make another StarCraft, Microsoft :pray:

e: Also,
https://twitter.com/AlexTremo_uwu/status/1483437465469915141

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Crash Bandicoot is perfectly aligned to compete directly with Spider-Man, furthermore,

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I spent all day getting all the RetroArch poo poo set up for the consoles I actually want to emulate stuff on on this and it all actually worked in the end and I am very pleased

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

kri kri posted:

Who was the person who wanted a COD MCC? lol

yo I can't believe it lol I practically spoke this poo poo into existence the other day

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1483486918285299715?t=wy228N9uHEyPvDcDmQD4cA&s=19

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I still can't tell call of duty and battleground apart. Battleground did a star wars right?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The downfall of a cod MCC is that most cod games aren’t worth a gently caress. Barely worth playing when they came out and definitely not today.

They had a pretty good but not spotless run in the 360 days. Xbox one days pretty dire.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

External Organs posted:

I still can't tell call of duty and battleground apart. Battleground did a star wars right?

Battleground is PUBG. The Dice Star Wars games are Battlefronts.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cybershadow is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Blue Raider posted:

The downfall of a cod MCC is that most cod games aren’t worth a gently caress. Barely worth playing when they came out and definitely not today.

They had a pretty good but not spotless run in the 360 days. Xbox one days pretty dire.

everybody says they want MW2 remastered but the nanosecond it became available people would be bitching about the weapon balance like it wasn't always an insanely hosed up akimbo UMP45 wasteland. but that doesn't make me want it any less.

even though WW2 and Vanguard flopped bigtime I would do nasty things for a remastered CoD2. that campaign rules so hard