Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
The democrats are going to suffer a mild loss in 22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the democrats are going to WIN BIG in 2022!!!!!!!!!!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

gently caress you no i love birds

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

mediaphage posted:

true tho imo that’s because she was less of a direct threat.

Maybe it was because she opened up both barrels into the hopes and dreams of anyone in her party with a soul, even after she won the primary, idk

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Stereotype posted:

the democrats are going to WIN BIG in 2022!!!!!!!!!!

:mods:

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

mediaphage posted:

gently caress you no i love birds

i do too

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the birds are too drat destroyed

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

It's true though, if you consider that the Democratic congressperson idea of winning is "continue to be paid lots of money by lobbyists while doing nothing other than the occasional soundbite pretending to disagree with Republicans"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Too Many Birds posted:

are going to get destroyed in 2022

What are "the Democrats," Alex.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

vyelkin posted:

a miserable pile of secrets

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

As a person who would actually be enacting policy HRC would be pretty much identical to Obama or Bill, so yes in theory she should probably be as popular as they are

She's not, and part of that is almost certainly due to misogyny, and from the right wing calling for her head for decades which itself was partly due to misogyny, and yes that definitely isn't fair

But if we chose Presidents based on what was fair or who would be the best at doing it, the Clintons wouldn't have even gotten close to it in the first place. Before you are allowed to be President you have to be good at a very specific and hosed up kind of politics, and HRC repeatedly proved that she was not, similar to how Joe Biden had to run like five times to become President and now that he finally he is President he is heralding the end of his own party as a major political entity

Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, for all their flaws, are also immensely charismatic figures who know how to win over a crowd or construct a seemingly genuine human moment like Clinton's "I feel your pain" during the 92 debates. Hillary really doesn't have that charisma (tbf probably at least in part because American society defines charisma in a traditionally masculine way, but think of that gender-swapped Hillary/Trump video and you'll see that it isn't an exclusively gendered thing) so even though she shares all their policy positions I don't think it's accurate to say that she should be as popular as the two most successful Third Way salesmen in US history.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

vyelkin posted:

RIP

:sigh:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I got a survey call last night and they used it to tell me all these good things about Sean Casten and bad things about Marie Newman. Except the good things were bad and the bad things were good.
(well, except her bribing a rival)
Dems are going to get destroyed if they keep putting "Access" caveats in everything.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

I got a survey call last night and they used it to tell me all these good things about Sean Casten and bad things about Marie Newman. Except the good things were bad and the bad things were good.
(well, except her bribing a rival)
Dems are going to get destroyed if they keep putting "Access" caveats in everything.

Tell them they have access to your vote.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

vyelkin posted:

Tell them they have access to your vote.

...but it's mean-tested, and they'll receive it in the form of a vote rebate voucher after the election

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh sorry the Rules Wizard said I can't do that after all. Good luck with ....y'know... all of that

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

"I don't actually owe you anything" except this time it's true.

B.F. Pinkerton
Nov 29, 2021

Paul's Boutique
(+1) 718-498-1043
Brooklyn, New York
in 2024 I'm going to vote for the wonderful al gore. come on lads al gore 2024 let's bring him back

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Democrat exists in a state of 'are going' and soon transition to 'had been' destroyed with a temporary state of 'are being' destroyed in 2022.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Weka posted:

Lmao if you think the president of America is the most powerful person in the world, or even America.

By the amount of money they can throw around, yes most definitely

B.F. Pinkerton
Nov 29, 2021

Paul's Boutique
(+1) 718-498-1043
Brooklyn, New York
It just depends on how you define power, really. The President controls the largest nuclear arsenal on the planet, the richest country in the history of the planet, one of the most highly-funded militaries on the planet (although how that money is actually spent is loving silly as hell), and has the ability to throw the weight of the country around at the flick of a finger (Trump was an excellent example of this - something as simple as a tweet would blow up into some massive diplomatic spectacle), all of which support the idea that he's powerful. But in regards to actually governing they're weak as gently caress in most aspects, really only being able to 'influence' the rest of the government and guide the country

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I would enjoy the democrat party being destroyed too much, so I’m beginning to worry that they’ll only be greatly diminished in 2022, but continue to grift and raise money from PMC lib outrage

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
oh wow

dems not good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bi crimes posted:

I would enjoy the democrat party being destroyed too much, so I’m beginning to worry that they’ll only be greatly diminished in 2022, but continue to grift and raise money from PMC lib outrage

they are going to lose big, but i wouldn't get my hopes up about how much it cuts into the grift. winning elections doesn't matter to them, so why should losing?

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

the_steve posted:

It's true though, if you consider that the Democratic congressperson idea of winning is "continue to be paid lots of money by lobbyists while doing nothing other than the occasional soundbite pretending to disagree with Republicans"

The only real thing they will be sad about after losing is that it'll be harder to insider trade. Not by much, but ever so slightly harder.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

It just depends on how you define power, really. The President controls the largest nuclear arsenal on the planet, the richest country in the history of the planet, one of the most highly-funded militaries on the planet (although how that money is actually spent is loving silly as hell), and has the ability to throw the weight of the country around at the flick of a finger (Trump was an excellent example of this - something as simple as a tweet would blow up into some massive diplomatic spectacle), all of which support the idea that he's powerful. But in regards to actually governing they're weak as gently caress in most aspects, really only being able to 'influence' the rest of the government and guide the country

I define power by the size of the penis

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyepHTCNwsA

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

ELTON JOHN posted:

oh wow

dems not good

more and more people are saying this, folks!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

China is richer measured in PPP, which owns.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

Meanwhile, Russia immediately withdraws from Kasachstan after China tells them to withdraw, whereas previous impotent begging by the Biden administration had absolutely not effect. President of the nation most in decline, maybe.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Weka posted:

attaching this factoid to republican "inflation!!" tv ads

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

Meanwhile, Russia immediately withdraws from Kasachstan after China tells them to withdraw, whereas previous impotent begging by the Biden administration had absolutely not effect. President of the nation most in decline, maybe.

john kasichstan

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Weka posted:

I heard they dumped it all into Coke

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/...ingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status...ingawful.com%2F

:shrug:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

vyelkin posted:

Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, for all their flaws, are also immensely charismatic figures who know how to win over a crowd or construct a seemingly genuine human moment like Clinton's "I feel your pain" during the 92 debates. Hillary really doesn't have that charisma (tbf probably at least in part because American society defines charisma in a traditionally masculine way, but think of that gender-swapped Hillary/Trump video and you'll see that it isn't an exclusively gendered thing) so even though she shares all their policy positions I don't think it's accurate to say that she should be as popular as the two most successful Third Way salesmen in US history.

imo i think after obama any standard neolib is just going to be stained in the eyes of the public. obama was the ultimate lib, charismatic, loved by the youth... swept in by hope for change coming off of multiple wars and the economic meltdown and then for 8 years things just got worse and worse and nothing improved.

jesus returned but instead of delivering everyone to heaven he just retired to billionaire island ... meanwhile the priests continue commanding you to tithe and vote because next time he returns he promises to save us

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Lmao

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1483521902736031744

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

appealing to the everything is fine dog demographic I see

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Pursuing a strategy that everyone hated going into midterms is certainly novel.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Look his brain is already in a... certain configuration and it's not like they can change it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyelkin posted:

The Democratic Party has Mike Richards in mind when they talk about their base.

Which is why they will be destroyed.