Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Lower Decks is an in-universe comedy cartoon based on real events.

Right up until Riker mentions Lt Boimler on Picard S2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Right up until Riker mentions Lt Boimler on Picard S2

Titan Boimler deserves a gruesome Picard S1 style death. Little backstabbing kiss rear end.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Guarantee titan boimler is sporting an evil beard next time he shows up

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Tiberius Christ posted:

Guarantee titan boimler is sporting an evil beard next time he shows up

except since it's Boimler it's all patchy and thin

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Chairman posted:

except since it's Boimler it's all patchy and thin

Mariner: Boimler, is that a beard?!? Looking good, looks real lumberjacky!

Boimler: I needed something to set me apart from the "other" me, you know? To show how much I've matured.

Mariner [suspiciously]: Wait a nanosecond, is that... [she tears off his beard, leaving sideburns] Ah-ha! A fake beard!?

Boimler: Nnnnnngh PLEASE don't tell anyone, if Riker knew I couldn't grow anything but these pathetic sideburns, I'd--

Mariner: Boims, Boims, Boims, don't worry! Your secret is safe with me. But the sideburns are a good look, you shouldn't-- wait-- [Mariner reaches out to pull on Boimler's sideburns]

Boimler: oh no, no...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Knowing Lower Decks the Boimlers will be in another transporter accident and get fused together.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Brawnfire posted:

Mariner: Boimler, is that a beard?!? Looking good, looks real lumberjacky!

Boimler: I needed something to set me apart from the "other" me, you know? To show how much I've matured.

Mariner [suspiciously]: Wait a nanosecond, is that... [she tears off his beard, leaving sideburns] Ah-ha! A fake beard!?

Boimler: Nnnnnngh PLEASE don't tell anyone, if Riker knew I couldn't grow anything but these pathetic sideburns, I'd--

Mariner: Boims, Boims, Boims, don't worry! Your secret is safe with me. But the sideburns are a good look, you shouldn't-- wait-- [Mariner reaches out to pull on Boimler's sideburns]

Boimler: oh no, no...

Spot. On.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I dunno about that, I feel like Titan Boimler will somehow be able to grow a full goatee when Cerritos Boimler can't despite being physically identical.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Titan Boimler is the transporter clone right?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yes.

Maybe. We don't know how shuttle Boimler survived and escaped the Packleds.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's actually never 100% clarified which one stays and which one goes. It's kinda implied that Cerritos Boimler was the one that was beamed up and Titan Boimler escaped on the shuttle by the way the narrative follows the beam-up one.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rhyno posted:

Big Bill Boimler

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I'm still betting on a third Boimler, if not literally dozens by the time they're done because no point in not taking the gag to extremes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I'm still betting on a third Boimler, if not literally dozens by the time they're done because no point in not taking the gag to extremes.

I've got it.

Boimvix.

They try to reintegrate the two Boimlers into one being but fail. But there's still a 3rd being who is the best aspects of the other two Boimlers.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

"We are the Boim, resistance is entirely possible, please don't hurt us"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What happens if two or more Boimlers kiss? Would it be taboo or y'all just jealous?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Khanstant posted:

What happens if two or more Boimlers kiss? Would it be taboo or y'all just jealous?

Incest. They're twins.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MikeJF posted:

It's actually never 100% clarified which one stays and which one goes. It's kinda implied that Cerritos Boimler was the one that was beamed up and Titan Boimler escaped on the shuttle by the way the narrative follows the beam-up one.

Yeah, Transporter Boimler is the clone, Shuttle Boimler is the original… I think? And even then enough time passes in-universe before Riker sends one back to the Cerritos that is is all but impossible to say which one stayed on the Titan. It’s a literal 50/50 shot the Boimler we started the show with is still on the Titan and we’ll just never know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way they don't circle back to it.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TrekCore/status/1483544865967325184?t=kdMMHcf6nYGIpU_LzUkoxQ&s=19

Season 2 renewal for Strange New Worlds.
Season 3 (previously announced) for Picard.
Season 4 renewal for Lower Decks.
Season 5 renewal for Disco.

There's 6 more episodes in Discovery S4

Star Trek: Picard will arrive on Thursday, March 3

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds will debut Thursday, May 5 for a 10-episode run on Paramount+. The premiere date coincides with the Star Trek: Picard season finale.

Lower Decks S3 will be this Summer.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just came to post all that

Goddamnit I'm excited for Trek shows against all reason and judgement*

*except lower decks which is actually good

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I think SNW will be good.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

That's a pretty good pace they are managing with Lower Decks.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yes. More seasons of Lower Decks. Give them to me.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently Season 5 of Discovery will only be 10 episodes

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently Season 5 of Discovery will only be 10 episodes

does this mean its cancelled?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Getting renewed for fewer episodes every season is very 'look your show sucks and we have no idea what to do with it but we need your very diverse set of faces on our advertising material'.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alchenar posted:

Getting renewed for fewer episodes every season is very 'look your show sucks and we have no idea what to do with it but we need your very diverse set of faces on our advertising material'.

So SNWs 10 episode season means what?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Alchenar posted:

lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It may just be a production thing across the board, since the other series are all doing 10 episode seasons

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No clearly the penalty for being too woke is they shorten your season.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

FlamingLiberal posted:

It may just be a production thing across the board, since the other series are all doing 10 episode seasons

Expanse did 6

SIX

like, drat

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

HD DAD posted:

I think SNW will be good.

I like this purgatory period where nobody can prove it's bad.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Rhyno posted:

No clearly the penalty for being too woke is they shorten your season.

Okay just for absolute clarity, I think one of the great things about Discovery is how unashamedly woke it is. That's one of it's few positives. The problem is that they clearly built the cast by working backwards from a checklist they had, and they didn't bother to think about what the purpose of those characters would be in the story or ship or wider group dynamics. Which is how you end up with three(?) almost entirely distinct groups of glorified background extras who are kinda just there and don't really have a character or purpose beyond cheering Michael on or serving as a foil for her in that week's episode. It's why when one of these characters actually gets a bit of speaking time in an episode you get worried because they're probably about to get killed off to make Michael sad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Star Trucks

Star Trucks

STAR TRUCKS

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Gonz posted:

Star Trucks

Star Trucks

STAR TRUCKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_HtGcBlRp0

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Alchenar posted:

Okay just for absolute clarity, I think one of the great things about Discovery is how unashamedly woke it is. That's one of it's few positives. The problem is that they clearly built the cast by working backwards from a checklist they had, and they didn't bother to think about what the purpose of those characters would be in the story or ship or wider group dynamics. Which is how you end up with three(?) almost entirely distinct groups of glorified background extras who are kinda just there and don't really have a character or purpose beyond cheering Michael on or serving as a foil for her in that week's episode. It's why when one of these characters actually gets a bit of speaking time in an episode you get worried because they're probably about to get killed off to make Michael sad.
Yeah this is one of my bigger issues

Like cool, it's nice that they have a diverse cast, but none of them have anything to do. This season has just been the Michael and Book Show (TM).

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

I like this purgatory period where nobody can prove it's bad.

There's hope because they took the best parts of discovery and made a spin-off because of fan demand

SNW was not in the original plan. Plus from a purely comparative perspective, it HAS to be better than the S31 show it apparently replaced in the lineup

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
They must seriously need barely any buy in to make Discovery worth it.

The IMDB scores for discovery season 4 are REALLY loving bad. And again I know that's not everything but ouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Grand Fromage posted:

Yes. More seasons of Lower Decks. Give them to me.