Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

Siri show me the weirdest possible response to this

The leap in logic is understandable from someone whose entire net worth is predicated on convincing other people that his crypto is valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
USPS is giving out free COVID tests

https://special.usps.com/testkits

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Good, nice and easy like it should loving be, not this insurance bullshit they're also pulling.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I was in Wisconsin spending the long weekend with my girlfriend, you ding-dongs.

First off, I am eternally grateful to all of y'all who gave me some cash to help me float through some tough times.

Second, I'll explain the probe. It wasn't an SA Mart thing, it was a private transaction via another forum. I was literally on the way to mail a DVD set to a fellow, and my bus got re-routed from downtown Madison because of the George Floyd protests. A day or two later, oh, hey, I was hospitalized again. And then spent ages in and out of the hospital. In a drug-induced haze, I sold that set to someone else for cash.

That fellow, justifiably, wanted his money back. I said I'd get it to him by January 1, because I have been working full-time since December 13. My agency pays weekly. I had to cover some utilities before I could do so, so I ate the probe. But then I paid him back, with interest, with money from my own paychecks and nothing that I have been (very graciously) given from y'all.

Does that answer things?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

Good, nice and easy like it should loving be, not this insurance bullshit they're also pulling.

Yeah I got my whole family & in-laws signed up to get tests in like 5 minutes

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Hot Diggity! posted:

ahh at last, after faffing about and wailing about why they have to do anything they've finally arrived at the glaringly obvious loving solution and it only took them 1 full year and another 400k+ deaths to get there.

they should go one step further and not have people request them, just have the USPS drop 2-4 in every mailbox 3x a week.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Thanks for this!

Throwing another gripe on the pile, you can’t double dip like I tried by ordering them for both me and my kid since it’s 1 order per residential address, which makes sense for she and I, but I also tried ordering for all the families on my caseload, and that doesn’t really fit for a family of 9 people.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Timby posted:

I was in Wisconsin spending the long weekend with my girlfriend, you ding-dongs.

First off, I am eternally grateful to all of y'all who gave me some cash to help me float through some tough times.

Second, I'll explain the probe. It wasn't an SA Mart thing, it was a private transaction via another forum. I was literally on the way to mail a DVD set to a fellow, and my bus got re-routed from downtown Madison because of the George Floyd protests. A day or two later, oh, hey, I was hospitalized again. And then spent ages in and out of the hospital. In a drug-induced haze, I sold that set to someone else for cash.

That fellow, justifiably, wanted his money back. I said I'd get it to him by January 1, because I have been working full-time since December 13. My agency pays weekly. I had to cover some utilities before I could do so, so I ate the probe. But then I paid him back, with interest, with money from my own paychecks and nothing that I have been (very graciously) given from y'all.

Does that answer things?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCtfoqhMqhk

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ahh at last, after faffing about and wailing about why they have to do anything they've finally arrived at the glaringly obvious loving solution and it only took them 1 full year and another 400k+ deaths to get there.

they should go one step further and not have people request them, just have the USPS drop 2-4 in every mailbox 3x a week.

That was what made me so mad when they got all huffy with the “should we just send a test to every American?!?!”

Ye… yes? The federal government controls an entire monolithic organization which has as its entire reason for existence providing an easy way to send packages to every American :psyduck: This should have been very easy!

But even still like you note they haven’t taken the easy way. It’s mind-boggling.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Timby posted:

Does that answer things?

im sorry you couldn't access the one post office in a midsized city because black people were demanding to not be systematically murdered by police

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
In a drug-induced haze, I

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Lotta cop outs and cope and blame in that post but the George Floyd one was the rare double egg yolk I did not expect

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I mean, yeah, they should try and get as many as possible to everyone they can, but I don't think most households need 24 tests a week (each order has 4 tests)

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Timby posted:

Does that answer things?

Where did your bus get rerouted to, a crack house. The time skip there is concerning

I mean aside from literally admitting you comitted fraud

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

"Our records show that at-home COVID-19 tests have already been ordered for this address. We are unable to process duplicate orders for the same address."

Guess the system's already hosed.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

dirty shrimp money posted:

"Our records show that at-home COVID-19 tests have already been ordered for this address. We are unable to process duplicate orders for the same address."

I am not sure how they would hijack it since they'll be shipped to your address? Better put some traps in your bushes

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

24 tests a week for about 120 million households is 2.8 billion.

I don't know what manufacturing capacity for tests is but that seems like an a lot.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

dirty shrimp money posted:

Are you in an apartment building? I could see a possibility that someone listed your unit in error if so.

Otherwise they'll just get shipped to your house with someone else's name on it.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In other goon news...

https://twitter.com/thisgirlfracks/status/1483428432591601667?t=qNIFZLzBLNHa2AAMdvAM0Q&s=19

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Samadhi posted:

I am not sure how they would hijack it since they'll be shipped to your address? Better put some traps in your bushes

And it would go in one of those massive iron boxes so a massive iron mailbox so the chances of that getting intercepted is zero. It's a house.

Makes me think the system has already either crapped out or ran out of tests to allocate.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Where did your bus get rerouted to, a crack house. The time skip there is concerning

I mean aside from literally admitting you comitted fraud

I committed no fraud. Look it up: The central Madison, WI, post office is on the Capitol Square. It got torched and boarded up. Buses were suddenly getting rerouted. I lived in Fitchburg at the time, which is not exactly a stone's throw from downtown Madison, particularly on a bus route.

I loving paid the guy with money that I can show from a W2. Jesus Christ.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Timby posted:

I committed no fraud. Look it up: The central Madison, WI, post office is on the Capitol Square. It got torched and boarded up. Buses were suddenly getting rerouted.

I loving paid the guy with money that I can show from a W2. Jesus Christ.

But...you sold it to someone else. You said you did.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The coupon and deals subforum must be stopped

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bill Dungsroman posted:

But...you sold it to someone else. You said you did.

Yeah, and I made the other guy whole. With interest.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Had a hearty chuckle

Thank you for spreading joy BrownThunder :)

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Timby posted:

Sorry but unless I see the W2 I'm not inclined to believe this borderline unhinged backstory you provided

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Post the W2 I want to laugh at it

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Have you guys gotten W2s yet? I haven't. :(

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Sorry but unless I see the W2 I'm not inclined to believe this borderline unhinged backstory you provided

BOY I SURE CANT WAIT FOR THIS poo poo TO GO ON FOR ANOTHER 7-10 PAGES!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
No need to eat our own, let's just all laugh at the Cowboys together like a family

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/CroixAlmer/status/1483171582507954182

GOOTS

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Whole bunch of random people showing up in the chat thread for the first time ever just to bust Timby IMO is weirder than his story of what happened.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

gently caress it. People asked me to tell the story, I told it.

See y'all on the other side.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm my child's teacher until she is cleared to return to school next week so I need some advice: does anyone know of any service that will deliver alcohol to my door in Massachusetts?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Timby posted:

I think all anyone really wanted to know was what happened from your perspective based on the questions I saw. Thanks for addressing it and letting us know, Timby.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want to believe Timby and I applaud their courage for posting about it at all. Discussing finances sucks a lot when you don’t have a lot of money. I’ve been there.

Then again I’m a compassionate rube and other goons have done shadier poo poo for stupider reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

fartknocker posted:

Whole bunch of random people showing up in the chat thread for the first time ever just to bust Timby IMO is weirder than his story of what happened.