Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

bidoof

https://youtu.be/UTidwW3iLHk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Fatalism is good, actually, and I'm going to destroy the world" is perfectly in line with the Nazis' nihilistic view of suffering. If people are fated to suffer then it's better for them to not exist at all, which was their reasoning for euthanizing the handicapped.

this is what his brother thinks, not eren

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Relin posted:

this is what his brother thinks, not eren

His master plan wipes out like 70% of humanity. It doesn't even really solve the underlying issue to take the titan power away because he's just given the world an even bigger grievance. The whole series ends ambiguously because the world could still want revenge on Eldians. He resolved to follow the path of maximum death for a world with titans in it.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
it's not ambiguous, it shows the eldians getting wiped out in future war

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thanks, Obama

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

there are better animes with nazis in it to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Nyb9kiZO0

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

speaking of terrible endings ive finally finished reading knights of sidonia (after dropping it a couple times) and oh boy

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

speaking of terrible endings ive finally finished reading knights of sidonia (after dropping it a couple times) and oh boy

i dunno if he's getting pressured by his publisher or if it's just the horny leaking thru but his later stuff has some...interesting elements

still love BLAME! and biomega tho

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sidonia is a teenage action romcom and nihei takes his own approach to that genre's tropes. since it is nihei said approach is, of course, surreal violence and transhumanism.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you gotta hand it to Nihei, not just anybody could make a several story tall mutant monster mech seem cute.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Darth Walrus posted:

... big titty incest meme?

That lady with the crazy eyes wearing a MEGA MILK shirt

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

you gotta hand it to Nihei, not just anybody could make a several story tall mutant monster mech seem cute.

honestly, the fact that he could could make anyone/anything cute is remarkable

(izana is the best tho)

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

wolfs posted:

animes love offscreen “she died in a train derailment” or “a spree killer stabbed her” moments frankly

God, they sure do. I don't know why it's so hard for shows to just go with "and everything actually was fine and worked out okay" endings. Like Kite. It's already a miserable movie about traumatized teens turned into assassins and involves parental killing and rape, but even after enduring all that misery and finally breaking free, the two protagonists don't even get a happy ending because one of them randomly gets shot and presumably killed by a kid

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Maya Fey posted:

dont read aposimz unless you want more of the same (though it got cancelled and KOS didnt)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Relin posted:

dont read aposimz unless you want more of the same (though it got cancelled and KOS didnt)

For what it's worth I loved Sidonia, but aposimz did nothing for me.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

my dress up darling seems to be this season’s rom com offering

more nagatoro than komi can’t communicate/ kaguya: love is war

has anyone looked at tribe 9? i understand it’s the akudama drive guy’s setting or that he’s involved somehow but “extreme baseball” doesn’t really pique my interest unless it’s only really loosely baseball

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

wolfs posted:

my dress up darling seems to be this season’s rom com offering

more nagatoro than komi can’t communicate/ kaguya: love is war

has anyone looked at tribe 9? i understand it’s the akudama drive guy’s setting or that he’s involved somehow but “extreme baseball” doesn’t really pique my interest unless it’s only really loosely baseball

You should at least watch the first like 70 seconds of tribe 9, the intro to the setting is great.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

is little nemo in slumberland an anime?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
according to japanese wikipedia it is a komikku sutorippu

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

it is, but it also was a movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Nemo:_Adventures_in_Slumberland

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
people got real mad about nagotoro but I watched it and it seemed pretty inoffensive. like the bullying really falls off hard after the first episode

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

its an anime bro. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Would you like to go into "Dream World" ?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

christmas boots posted:

people got real mad about nagotoro but I watched it and it seemed pretty inoffensive. like the bullying really falls off hard after the first episode

Yeah it really quickly just becomes the kind of like poo poo talking done with friends. I'm not sure what was the more asinine anime "controversy" Nagatoro or Uzaki-chan.

Though man this season between Dress up Darling and Akebi's Salior Uniform they're really trying to appeal to Quentin Tarantino

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

christmas boots posted:

personally I'm mad that it toned down the bullying over time :evilbuddy:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Casey Finnigan posted:

its an anime bro. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Would you like to go into "Dream World" ?

anime'd again

e: After the film's release, Fujioka decided to retire from the animation business. TMS, having to recoup Little Nemo's losses, increased production on locally-based anime programs and became highly involved in animation for Western-based productions, including Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, and Batman. Since the early 2000s, TMS has no longer supplied animation services to Western studios due to increasingly demanding costs. The studio has never again attempted a project like Akira or Nemo. The studio still does features, but primarily films spinning off existing anime properties, which include the likes of Anpanman and Detective Conan.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Only show I'm continuing to watch is ranking of kings. Someone tell me if something good pops up under the radar.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Only show I'm continuing to watch is ranking of kings. Someone tell me if something good pops up under the radar.

AOT is firing up again so there's that :shrug: but you cant go wrong with ranking of kings, i dont know of anything else either

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

the mushrooms anime might be merely okay

I like it in theory but I don’t know if it’s cool yet

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

wolfs posted:

the mushrooms anime might be merely okay

I like it in theory but I don’t know if it’s cool yet

The premise is interesting but it's probably just going to be a shonen show. I do like the idea of having big mushrooms be the weapon. :shroom:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

My take on AOT is that it's basically anime Lost. It was a mystery box show that when it put all its cards on the table at the end of season 3, just exposed how shallow its plotting and characterization was the whole time.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Retromancer posted:

My take on AOT is that it's basically anime Lost. It was a mystery box show that when it put all its cards on the table at the end of season 3, just exposed how shallow its plotting and characterization was the whole time.

totally disagree. first half of season 4 was amazing, and it's an incredibly ballsy move to take all of your characters and world building and go in a totally different direction with new characters and setting for many episodes. I do think the ending is pretty poo poo, but after a lot of thinking I can kind of see what the author's going for.

the biggest issue is that the author likes to use characters and then discard them when their "arc" is over. historia being probably the best example of this.

but yeah, if that part of season 4 when eren reveals himself to reiner doesn't do it for you, I dunno what would.

That's the thing, AoT is so full of moments that are pretty unforgettable for me, that still give me chills to remember. Even if the ending wasn't perfect, the journey was pretty close.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

christmas boots posted:

It's a cute slice of life anime with some light romance thrown in. I think one can criticize how it pretty much immediately abandons any pretense of humanizing or informing about social anxiety. The first episode also seems to imply the show would tackle bullying and a variety of mental health issues, but by episode 2 it's clear the show is about celebrating the attractive main character, and severe social anxiety is simply an adorable quirk that allows the normal dude to get close to her.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
It's ok to admit you just want to watch Pokemon thotsky

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
sonny boy was fantastic, refreshing to see an anime using it's animation for storytelling other than the occasional flourish for one big action scene
platinum end though blows rear end, i kept w/ it for a while but it feels stuck in a rut, like what if death note took 10 episodes to get going and never as good

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

christmas boots posted:

goons weird about anime??
impossible

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

sonny boy was fantastic, refreshing to see an anime using it's animation for storytelling other than the occasional flourish for one big action scene
platinum end though blows rear end, i kept w/ it for a while but it feels stuck in a rut, like what if death note took 10 episodes to get going and never as good

Sonny Boy good

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

net work error posted:

Sonny Boy good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/1485307898288824325?t=nVEIdH97Ci5fuXJl9w5eLA&s=19

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
that's the new naavi design for the new avatar movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Apparently the character of a trans girl vtuber. OP probaaaably didn't know that, but the tweet itself looks not great as a result