Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

KomradeX posted:

I think Chapo had a pretty terrible take on COVID because allowing a disease to just freely mutate seems like asking for a disaster. But I guess to their point there's literally nothing I can do about it. But I'm also not a rich podcaster that works maybe 4 hours a week and have to worry about getting COVID at work everyday. Land of contrasts I guess

all the time they spend on twitter and reading news is work...... they're easily clockin in at 70, maybe 80 hours/week show some respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
revolutions is doing double ad reads now. get that bag mcduncan

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Haitian Revolution brought to you by bluechew.com

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
khive was right lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Centrist Committee posted:

revolutions is doing double ad reads now. get that bag mcduncan

i wonder (1) how many more eps of the russian rev he plans to do and (2) what he'll be doing afterward (as he's said this will be the last in the series)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Judakel posted:

khive was right lol

you're gonna have to be more specific because they're wrong about a lot of different stuff

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

global tetrahedron posted:

someone else probably has more info but they were the ones who tried accusing brace of being ‘sus’ because his dad was on a board for some ‘sus’ organization, then some folks did sluething and found out that the SJ hosts dad was literally in the OSS

this is way behind but it was even funnier than that. they literally accused him of being an heir to the Belden cable company because they just googled "belden".

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Danger posted:

this is way behind but it was even funnier than that. they literally accused him of being an heir to the Belden cable company because they just googled "belden".

I thought brace actually was related to the Belden cable company? like it was started by his grandfather or great grandfather. but braces dad is estranged or some poo poo and has been since before brace was born

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

KomradeX posted:

I think Chapo had a pretty terrible take on COVID because allowing a disease to just freely mutate seems like asking for a disaster. But I guess to their point there's literally nothing I can do about it. But I'm also not a rich podcaster that works maybe 4 hours a week and have to worry about getting COVID at work everyday. Land of contrasts I guess

idk i think theres a general problem in the left with thinking that structural failures to address systemic problems mean you can practice a personal ethical nihilism. yeah my individual choices arent going to stop the apocalypse or end capitalism, but theyre still the agency i have, affect the people around me, and ultimately are the fibers of collective action. it doesnt mean buying into liberal consumerist illusions of choice and performance. just like not throwing your trash on the sidewalk isnt going to fix pollution, its still really fuckin easy to not throw your trash on the sidewalk and throwing it on the sidewalk is a dick thing to do for your community

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
chapo hates covid doomerism because it is keeping people from going to their lovely live shows to host superspreader events

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I’m listening to it now and they don’t actually make any points about it other than they don’t care because it doesn’t affect them

Christmas did have a good line about matty yglesias writing a contrarian article about its okay to leave your child in a hot car

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
listened to the ep on the way back from the laundromat at night and the unedited can clanging noises convinced me a truck just crashed nearby

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

err posted:

chapo hates covid doomerism because it is keeping people from going to their lovely live shows to host superspreader events

felix gonna go gadsden mode if he has to keep wearing a mask to the gym after the omicron wave ends

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i wonder (1) how many more eps of the russian rev he plans to do and (2) what he'll be doing afterward (as he's said this will be the last in the series)

idk but my dude clearly hates the commies

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Post 1 book you have read in the last year.

he cant do it lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

He is going to become a traveling revolutionary instructor like Bolivar or Garibaldi but with podcasts

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you're gonna have to be more specific because they're wrong about a lot of different stuff

about dsa and podcast left

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Judakel posted:

about dsa and podcast left

What was KHives critique?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

What was KHives critique?

they had some thoughts about seeing SPider-Man lmfao with pozzed with COVID. Hell yeah!!!!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

felix gonna go gadsden mode if he has to keep wearing a mask to the gym after the omicron wave ends

they should've taken john delaney's advice

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Smythe posted:

they had some thoughts about seeing SPider-Man lmfao with pozzed with COVID. Hell yeah!!!!

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Breakfast All Day posted:

idk i think theres a general problem in the left with thinking that structural failures to address systemic problems mean you can practice a personal ethical nihilism. yeah my individual choices arent going to stop the apocalypse or end capitalism, but theyre still the agency i have, affect the people around me, and ultimately are the fibers of collective action. it doesnt mean buying into liberal consumerist illusions of choice and performance. just like not throwing your trash on the sidewalk isnt going to fix pollution, its still really fuckin easy to not throw your trash on the sidewalk and throwing it on the sidewalk is a dick thing to do for your community

That's true and I certainly try and leave thr house as little as possible and people should be doing that. Like I see friends that share about them going abd travelling all around like everything is normal and than shock of ask sucks they keep getting COVID. But scolding them isn't going to stop them, only State action can. While the State refuses to actually do that I think we should keep advocating for it. Unfortunately the worst thing that could have happened with the COVID response was it just becoming part of our loving culture wars, but of course it became that because our political system is so dysfunctional it can't deliver so let us fight like sports fans.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I like seeing my friends again because we're all vacinated and it makes life worth living :)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
do u think the covid thread itf is right or that the normal ppl out there are right. or is the truth in the middle ... ??? i honestly dont know. thank you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Smythe posted:

do u think the covid thread itf is right or that the normal ppl out there are right. or is the truth in the middle ... ??? i honestly dont know. thank you.

Normal people are right obviously. Says it right there. They are normal.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

just like not throwing your trash on the sidewalk isnt going to fix pollution, its still really fuckin easy to not throw your trash on the sidewalk and throwing it on the sidewalk is a dick thing to do for your community

I dont know if 'never leave your house again' is as easy as recycling tbh

Posters itt notwithstanding

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

WFH should be ended and unions should be dismantled. Thank you.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Going to have the gang around this Saturday to play board games and because we're all boostered if any of us do get sick it'll just be a bad cold, gonna be good times :)

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

idk why felix is so down on wearing a mask to the gym. im doing it for the rest of my life covid or not once i realized it meant i didnt have to smell every gym bros ripe rear end

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I choose to believe it’s a bit until proven otherwise

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I've also come around to the idea that public schooling should be dismantled. Teachers have too much power.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I tried doing cardio briefly in a mask back before we knew covid 1.0 was fairly harmless outside and 45 minutes of rapid breathing inside one of them just soaked it through, if that's what it takes to go to the gym I'd rather just not go

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

No Dignity posted:

I tried doing cardio briefly in a mask back before we knew covid 1.0 was fairly harmless outside and 45 minutes of rapid breathing inside one of them just soaked it through, if that's what it takes to go to the gym I'd rather just not go

sounds like you’re hosed up and gross

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I do the morally righteous thing and just have doordash deliver my kitkats to my door instead of going out side and spreading the death plague. It’s just that easy.

If you don’t want to do the moral thing that’s on you, but I’m going to keep ordering my daily kitkats (they’re fresher that way).

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

should have done the “fat man yoga” with me and my best friend stav

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

lumpentroll posted:

sounds like you’re hosed up and gross

Sounds like someone skips their cardio

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

I do the morally righteous thing and just have doordash deliver my kitkats to my door instead of going out side and spreading the death plague. It’s just that easy.

If you don’t want to do the moral thing that’s on you, but I’m going to keep ordering my daily kitkats (they’re fresher that way).

That is why the underclasses exist.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

idk why felix is so down on wearing a mask to the gym. im doing it for the rest of my life covid or not once i realized it meant i didnt have to smell every gym bros ripe rear end

Yeah it's basically a nonissue. Also given the chapo patreon he could probably afford a nice home gym if he doesn't want to wear a mask.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i’m pretty sure just likes to talk about working out instead of actually doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

I keep thinking about how we have all these delivery apps - like you have the tech for coordinating an actual lockdown right there. People can place orders for the groceries they need, the medicine they need from their homes and find someone local to deliver it. You couldn't ask for a better system to be in place already if you had to keep people at home for a month.

"Hey, we're gonna test these drivers for covid regularly and get them PPE and give them government healthcare bennies for life and they'll make $50/hr. They're gonna be our lifeline to everyone that's sheltering in place over the next month."

But no, sorry - we can't do that. It's not for doing that. It's for getting people Taco Bell within 30 minutes, so we can't use it to do something other than that. It's just not what it's for.