Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Missing Name posted:

None of my liguor stores have mirin and I really want to make some kickass marinades

Mirin is usually found in specialty or Asian grocery stores. I’ve never seen it sold at a liquor store. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah there's a low alcohol version of it for cooking that they sell at the supermarket

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

hbag posted:

probably my only post in this forum but i like serial experiments lain a whole lot

:hmmyes: You made your only post a good one

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

hbag posted:

probably my only post in this forum but i like serial experiments lain a whole lot

Let's all love lain.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My housemates drank my whisky and gin and now I'm annoyed because those were Christmas gifts.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
very rude

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/BZFSO0i.mp4

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

a classic

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

hell yeah

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/blazpu_/status/1483150117981290497

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Julias posted:

Let's all love lain.

that post+av combo makes me uncomfortable for some reason

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
feeling nostalgic so im going to attempt to watch gundam wing again

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

mycophobia posted:

feeling nostalgic so im going to attempt to watch gundam wing again

Godspeed

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I like this series. She's a great lead.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shinjobi posted:

I like this series. She's a great lead.

:yeah:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

just use regular rice liquor of choice and add more sugar if you wnat to substitute mirin

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 18, 2022

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Larryb posted:

Apparently the new Urusei Yatsura series has begun. If anyone’s checked it out yet, how is it out of curiosity?

Hasn't started yet, sadly. We don't even know what season it'll air yet (Though my money is on spring since afaik Noitamina doesn't have anything listed as premiering in spring yet and I assume that's when Ranking of Kings is gonna wrap up).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Srice posted:

Hasn't started yet, sadly. We don't even know what season it'll air yet (Though my money is on spring since afaik Noitamina doesn't have anything listed as premiering in spring yet and I assume that's when Ranking of Kings is gonna wrap up).

Oh, on one of the streaming sites I frequent I saw something up today called Urusei Yatsura: Haru da, Tobidase. What is that then out of curiosity?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 18, 2022

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Larryb posted:

Oh, on one of the streaming sites I frequent I saw something up today called Urusei Yatsura: Haru da, Tobidase. What is that then out of curiosity?

I believe it was just a tv special or something along those lines that was broadcast during the original run? Haven't seen it myself but I know there were a few of those.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's a clipshow episode of the original from 1982.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Srice posted:

I believe it was just a tv special or something along those lines that was broadcast during the original run? Haven't seen it myself but I know there were a few of those.

Yeah, looking it up that appears to be the case. Nevermind then

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fangz posted:

Watched a bit of Brigadoon: Marin to Melan. It's kinda offputting the way the series fixates so much on the child main character's panties. Should I keep watching this or drop it?

a random conversation about differing storylines in the tie-in manga for original anime had me thinking about Brigadoon again, and remembering this post probably too late to be helpful, but

my memory of this is it becomes less of a thing (the show in general has a rough start in all aspects imo) but there's at least one very weird comedy bit in a similar sus vein later in the series. also, i feel like the OP telegraphs this pretty strongly but there is a romantic undercurrent to the Marin & Melan relationship as the series progresses, which is something that at the start gave me a weird vibe, though by the end i was more ambivalent about it than anything. i do have issues with the ending in general, the drama kind of loses a compelling antagonist or stakes i could invest in, and it's vague in a direction i didn't like nearly as much as the tie-in manga's take on things. in spite of any issues it was still something i enjoyed watching quite a bit, obviously the designs and music stand out but it's also just very compelling once the slow start is out of the way. part of it is definitely my bias for the tragic aspects and seeing how Marin falters, deals with, and eventually rises above that, though.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

dogsicle posted:

a random conversation about differing storylines in the tie-in manga for original anime had me thinking about Brigadoon again, and remembering this post probably too late to be helpful, but

my memory of this is it becomes less of a thing (the show in general has a rough start in all aspects imo) but there's at least one very weird comedy bit in a similar sus vein later in the series. also, i feel like the OP telegraphs this pretty strongly but there is a romantic undercurrent to the Marin & Melan relationship as the series progresses, which is something that at the start gave me a weird vibe, though by the end i was more ambivalent about it than anything. i do have issues with the ending in general, the drama kind of loses a compelling antagonist or stakes i could invest in, and it's vague in a direction i didn't like nearly as much as the tie-in manga's take on things. in spite of any issues it was still something i enjoyed watching quite a bit, obviously the designs and music stand out but it's also just very compelling once the slow start is out of the way. part of it is definitely my bias for the tragic aspects and seeing how Marin falters, deals with, and eventually rises above that, though.

Thanks for this. It's a slow season, so maybe I'll keep going when I feel more like it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm curious now and will probably try to see if my discord posts over watching it have any real throughline but drat, i regret not putting more thoughts in a post back when i finished it for my 2020 resolutions 😭

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/shonenjump/status/1483515879006642183?s=20

Swear to loving god if it's NFTs.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The One Piece was the Blockchain all along.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's 100% gonna be nfts lol

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I only learned what an NFT was a few weeks ago. :corsair:

What a stupid awful dumb idea.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

I only learned what an NFT was a few weeks ago. :corsair:

What a stupid awful dumb idea.

Likewise, how long has this stupid concept been around anyway?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

capitalism? been around for awhile

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The longshot super optimistic possibility is a revamp to the app and website/reader.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

homeless snail posted:

capitalism? been around for awhile

Point, but I specifically meant NFTs

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Announcing your infuriating news with a picture of a pirate, to remind people of what they can do to your product.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/srskobuchizawa/status/1483525891104055298/photo/1

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think its letting white people vote in the popularity polls and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013