Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robot Style posted:

I can't believe Disney would do this to us.

I like that Empire is bookended by that same droid looking after Luke after he got his rear end whooped at the start of the movie, and then after he got his rear end whooped at the end of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Star Wars Pants
It has a light side and a dark side. :p

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

All star wars pants are leggings

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
That’s a laser zipper. Still fits with the galaxy far far away theme :colbert:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Jerkface posted:

All star wars pants are leggings

All pants are leggings, all shirts are onesies.

An elegant garment, for a more civilized age.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
What twist do they have planned?

https://twitter.com/RadioTimes/status/1483089235263442944

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Hoodies, the sign of an advanced civilization. :D

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Everybody is going to flip their poo poo when Bigger Luuke shows up in Mos Espa to take the throne in episode 7.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Gonz posted:

Everybody is going to flip their poo poo when Bigger Luuke shows up in Mos Espa to take the throne in episode 7.

It’s gonna be Dash Rendar, Booster Terrik, and Jaxxon T. Tumperakki coming to help.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

There is one theory I like where the past storyline is going to reveal that the tuskens were killed on Bib Fortuna's orders, and sanctioned by all the various crime groups, and the series will end with Boba cleaning house and wiping all the different crime groups off the map in Tatooine and peacing the gently caress out. Which would be one way to converge the past and present stories in a satisfying manner.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

shades of eternity posted:

But it will be in an armored suit of Belkar that's a primary color. :D

yes

it might even have tassles

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jerkface posted:

There is one theory I like where the past storyline is going to reveal that the tuskens were killed on Bib Fortuna's orders, and sanctioned by all the various crime groups, and the series will end with Boba cleaning house and wiping all the different crime groups off the map in Tatooine and peacing the gently caress out. Which would be one way to converge the past and present stories in a satisfying manner.

So basically The Punisher.

Lol.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bussamove posted:

What hell the Star Wars universe must be, everyone’s pants constantly falling down because no one invented a loving button.

Maybe they're so advanced that they have other kinds of fasteners.

This is literally the reason why the zippers were hidden on the back of the uniform on Star Trek TNG. The uniform just magically seals up in the front and the whole top part comes off like a jacket. But there's no seams or fasteners. I'm completely not making this up.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Bussamove posted:

What hell the Star Wars universe must be, everyone’s pants constantly falling down because no one invented a loving button.

It's even worse, the wheel seems a relatively recent invention, used only in transporting prisoners (Rogue One) or explosives (Mando).

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
The sense of time is one thing I'm pretty fuzzy on in BOBF.

Boba gets out of the Sarlaac after being in it for a few days(?). And the "present" stuff takes place roughly 5-6 years after ROTJ.

How long had he been with the Tuskens when they got slaughtered? A month? A year? More?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Well, he was still wandering the desert in Tusken getup until 5 years after RotJ so who's to say at this point?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’ve been wondering if this isn’t what he’s been doing since between when we first saw him walking up to Shand in the desert, and the last episode of Mando s2. So far it could fit, but with 4 episodes to go who really knows.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Robot Style posted:

I can't believe Disney would do this to us.

Sacrilegious zippers aside, that is an amazing example of the Star Wars aesthetic, right there.

It's a clean medical room and all in white. But you can see the age of everything. There's yellow built up in the corners of things, the pump or whatever it is above the bunk is slightly more dirty than the rest of the room because that's how people clean.

The droid's upper torso is neatly painted but covered in small marks like it's been rolled down a hill, it's transparent parts are clouded with age.

And you have all the little well thought out touches, like the alcove for coats. It all makes it feel like a real space.

EDIT: watching all those Adam Savage videos on weathering props has really made me appreciate when it's done well.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 18, 2022

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So I finally just caught up with all the Boba Fett episodes.

Is it just me, or was the CGI really noticeably bad in episode 3? I don't really know why it stuck out but almost all the CGI effects looked absolutely terrible to me when beforehand they were at a minimum passable. :shrug:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

OldSenileGuy posted:

The sense of time is one thing I'm pretty fuzzy on in BOBF.

Boba gets out of the Sarlaac after being in it for a few days(?). And the "present" stuff takes place roughly 5-6 years after ROTJ.

How long had he been with the Tuskens when they got slaughtered? A month? A year? More?

We can safely assume he wasn’t in the pit for that long, quite possibly a few minutes before he woke up, considering he woke up gasping for air and not suffocated and into some kinda sarlacc coma.

So he’s in the pit for a few minutes at most. After that who loving knows? :shrug:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Anita Dickinme posted:

We can safely assume he wasn’t in the pit for that long, quite possibly a few minutes before he woke up, considering he woke up gasping for air and not suffocated and into some kinda sarlacc coma.

So he’s in the pit for a few minutes at most. After that who loving knows? :shrug:

Wreckage is smoking but not actively on fire, hours I'd say

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jerkface posted:

Yeah it's possible that he had a couple of hours of air in his suit that was running out.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Upgrade from Din's suit, at least.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Lobok posted:

I know you're joking because Disney had nothing to do with this but they did get rid of the old EU where this unique jumpsuit was almost certainly given an epic backstory.

The Death Star plans were carried in that suit's pockets

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Yeah it's possible that he had a couple of hours of air in his suit that was running out.

This was a baffling choice to me. So he was far enough in that he needed to steal air from a dead stormtrooper, but there was plenty of ambient sunlight? We kind of talked about it earlier and I still wonder if they did it so the sarlacc wouldn't be so scary.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’ve been wondering if this isn’t what he’s been doing since between when we first saw him walking up to Shand in the desert, and the last episode of Mando s2. So far it could fit, but with 4 episodes to go who really knows.

He didn't have the armor back until after meeting up with Din.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

Oh yeah, both great points. So in there for a few hours and then after that who loving knows.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cattail Prophet posted:

He didn't have the armor back until after meeting up with Din.

This is what I get for posting before having my morning coffee.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fett was pretty deep in the sarlaac but decades ago it had swallowed up some shiny chrome speeders belonging to some punk kids and the sunlight was bouncing off them and reached Fett way below.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The post Orig-Tridge Boba Fett timeline is basically:

- Sometime shortly after Jabba's Defeat, probably before or concurrent with the Battle of Endor, he escapes the Sarlaac pit.

- Fewer than three days after that (assuming humans in the GFFA die of thirst at the same rate as us) he is robbed by Jawas and captured by sand people.*

- Over what is likely a period of at least weeks/months (minimum, possibly years), Boba earns a place in the Tusken tribe through the events in the flashbacks.

- The Tusken tribe is decimated by an attack that appears to come from the swoop gang Boba robbed (though leaving the tag would be a trivially easy way for another party to false flag it...)

- Some five years after Endor, Jabba spots Din Jaren having secured the armor from Raygun Givens, who bought it from the Jawas who robbed him, and follows him to retrieve it. Din and Boba work out a deal that gets his armor back on Tython.

- Out of his sense of duty, Boba helps Din rescue Grogu from Gideon's remnant forces.

- Boba Fett blasts his way into Bib Fortuna's throne room in Jabba's palace and assassinates him, literally and figuratively taking Jabba's throne.

- The (non waterbed flashback) events of the Book of Boba Fett occur.

* Now that we know Jawas are interstellar travelers, it's a wonder there aren't any on Jaaku. Jabba's sailbarge would have been a good haul, but Jaaku would be their loving Mecca.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I guess my biggest problem with the show so far is that we know what Boba wants but not why he wants it, so it's hard to empathise with his goals without that context. However if the above spoiler is correct, and it's all a set up for a massive Boba revenge Michael Corleone "settle all family business" smashdown where everyone who had a part in the Tusken Slaughter gets righteously ended. Then fair enough, that'll be fun. Still think it's weird to bury the lede and keep motivation unknown /ambiguous in a weekly show but at least someone will get eaten by a Rancor. And what's the point of putting a Rancor in the show if he doesn't eat someone.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Owlbear Camus posted:

- Over what is likely a period of at least weeks/months (minimum, possibly years), Boba earns a place in the Tusken tribe through the events in the flashbacks.

Can't be years because the young Tusken doesn't grow any taller (unless Tuskens age differently)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Can't be years because the young Tusken doesn't grow any taller (unless Tuskens age differently)

I was really hoping the Tusken would come back to help Boba out in the finale and actually pay that sub plot off and the kid Tusken would be a young man now because it’s like five years later and he helps Boba fight against whoever the final boss of the show is, but… well

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

nine-gear crow posted:

I was really hoping the Tusken would come back to help Boba out in the finale and actually pay that sub plot off and the kid Tusken would be a young man now because it’s like five years later and he helps Boba fight against whoever the final boss of the show is, but… well

Nah better we scrap the most interesting aspect of the show for the power ranger biker gang.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Hence the prevalence of jumpsuits and overalls.

Maybe Han wears suspenders under his vest.

There's been some serious costume studies and I think his pants are just tailored exactly to his waist. I recall at least one jacket (maybe his leather one in TFA?) that used concealed magnetic fasteners.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Owlbear Camus posted:

* Now that we know Jawas are interstellar travelers, it's a wonder there aren't any on Jaaku. Jabba's sailbarge would have been a good haul, but Jaaku would be their loving Mecca.

Now I'm picturing a Jawa spaceship, and it's adorable.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Davros1 posted:

I'm reminded of the Winnebago in Spaceballs. Makes me think the Jawa spaceship is just the sandcrawler with some wings.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

Davros1 posted:

Knowing Disney, they would just have the Sandcrawler invert it's tracks and fly into the sky like the time-train at the end of Back to the Future 3.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Penitent posted:

Knowing Disney, they would just have the Sandcrawler invert it's tracks and fly into the sky like the time-train at the end of Back to the Future 3.

I would be disappointed but I would buy the Lego set

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm imagining the scene from the new Dune movie where House Atreides arrives on Arrakis except instead they're just millions of jawas spilling out of flying sandcrawlers and chanting suga, suga, suga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Lobok posted:

I'm reminded of the Winnebago in Spaceballs. Makes me think the Jawa spaceship is just the sandcrawler with some wings.

Some fanmade takes on Jawa starships basically just do this.

Lore-wise, modern Sandcrawlers are abandoned mining vehicles left behind by the Corellian Mining Corporation, so the Jawas might just have some other Corellian ships lying, around like Gozanti cruisers or Action VI transports, which share similar trapezoidal shapes.