Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Base Emitter posted:

Backerkit probably has a better chance of building a new crowdfunding platform than most.

Yeah, I've used BackerKit and they have a really good set of useful features. They weren't free and it required setup, but it wasn't difficult or weird, and it was absolutely more than worth using them in the end. It was clear they put a lot of work into what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
A beautiful pile of Bad Squiddo arrived today. :toot:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Through some sort of dark magick, today is Christmas II as both Petrichor Collector's Edition and the absurdly gigantic Titan (no, not that one) arrived.

e: to wit:

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 14, 2022

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Wow, Sleeping Gods is a big box

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wise from your gwave
https://i.imgur.com/4DCdxYZ.mp4

It's 2022 and I'm not dead! Which means I'm back on my bullshit and posting Kickstarters that I personally find cool and interesting, and that I think Goons should know about.
Going to try and keep things lean and clean this year, as my collection has gotten... sizeable (Also this pandemic is an endless hellscape from which their is no end.. so hahaha imagine ever having people in your home)

Jan 18 - Marvel Zombies - First major KS + Mini FOMO of the year. It's Marvel + Zombicide. Will make a bajillion dollars.
Jan 18 - Skate Summer - Tony Hawks Pro Board gamer. Production values look dope.
Jan 20 - Total War: Rome - Potentially very complicated from what little I've seen. So War Gamers might want to check in.
Jan 22 - Ostia - Build the ancient Rome port of Ostia. Very chill aesthetic to it. Lots of cool meeples.

Boardgametables are also launching some gaming mats this week, which has me very :nyoron:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Daaaamn, someone at Fria Lagan is getting their rear end chewed out so hard right now.

Apparently every Feat Die going out has an 11 instead of a 1, so they're sending replacement dice to every backer who got dice with their pledge.

Wild. I feel awful for them.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Daaaamn, someone at Fria Lagan is getting their rear end chewed out so hard right now.

Apparently every Feat Die going out has an 11 instead of a 1, so they're sending replacement dice to every backer who got dice with their pledge.

Wild. I feel awful for them.

If anyone has an 11 die I would like it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Ropes4u posted:

If anyone has an 11 die I would like it.
All the backers who got a box set should have at least 2. Maybe more if they ordered more!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pics?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Feat Die for what?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The one ring rpg, I think the fate die is a d12 that is a bonus roll on skill checks.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Azubah posted:

The one ring rpg, I think the fate die is a d12 that is a bonus roll on skill checks.
Yeah it's a d12 with 1-10 and two special faces.

Or, apparently, 2-11 and two special faces. :v:

Don't have mine yet. Fulfillment is in process. This is just from updates on their kickstarter.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

Jan 18 - Marvel Zombies - First major KS + Mini FOMO of the year. It's Marvel + Zombicide. Will make a bajillion dollars.

CMON want to get into NFTs, so gently caress them.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really don't want to use kickstarter now they are getting into NFTs but I can't not back Mothership related content

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Found a Kickstarter that interests me and may interest some of you, on a solo wargaming discord.

Across a Thousand Dead Worlds

This is a scifi horror space exploration rpg with a book that exceeds 400 pages. You can play solo or with up to five players with or without a Game Master. The system uses a 1d20 with 20 being the target number for success.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1775185920/across-a-thousand-dead-worlds?ref=project_link

Players create a "Deep Diver" using a free-form character creation system and search the galaxy for alien technology onboard abandoned research facilities, scientific outposts, and dilapidated sites in search for ancient alien technology.

How "free-form" is the character creation system?

Well there is a 21 page gameplay preview below, with more than half (up to page 15) dealing with character creation.

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...lay_Preview.pdf

From my reading, you can pick your Skills and distribute points into them. Interestingly you roll up your Talents randomly, but you have a maximum of 5 Talent slots, so sort of like Darkest Dungeon with perks; you pick which Talents you want to keep and which you discard. The exception to rolling randomly is that when you create a new character you get to choose one Talent.

Across a Thousand Dead Worlds also advertises itself as a sci-fi toolbox with tables to, for example, generate a planet or an alien station for any scifi venue.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Helical Nightmares posted:

Found a Kickstarter that interests me and may interest some of you, on a solo wargaming discord.

Across a Thousand Dead Worlds

This is a scifi horror space exploration rpg with a book that exceeds 400 pages. You can play solo or with up to five players with or without a Game Master. The system uses a 1d20 with 20 being the target number for success.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1775185920/across-a-thousand-dead-worlds?ref=project_link

Players create a "Deep Diver" using a free-form character creation system and search the galaxy for alien technology onboard abandoned research facilities, scientific outposts, and dilapidated sites in search for ancient alien technology.

How "free-form" is the character creation system?

Well there is a 21 page gameplay preview below, with more than half (up to page 15) dealing with character creation.

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...lay_Preview.pdf

From my reading, you can pick your Skills and distribute points into them. Interestingly you roll up your Talents randomly, but you have a maximum of 5 Talent slots, so sort of like Darkest Dungeon with perks; you pick which Talents you want to keep and which you discard. The exception to rolling randomly is that when you create a new character you get to choose one Talent.

Across a Thousand Dead Worlds also advertises itself as a sci-fi toolbox with tables to, for example, generate a planet or an alien station for any scifi venue.

The author behind this hangs out on the Exalted Funeral discord and is a chill person to interact with. I have their previous solo game (Disciples of Bone & Shadow) and it's fun so this was a very easy backing decision for me.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
It's also literally Gateway if anyone was trying to remember what old SF novel it sounded like.

Author's cool.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So...anyone had any experience playing The Third World War when it originally came out? The kickstarter mentions solitaire play...but no rules seem to be in the book for that. I guess each turn goes for so long that you'll have forgotten what your plan was by the time it gets to the OPFOR side.

I guess you could play it until you start using strategic level nuclear weapons (which does NOT end the game!) and then continue by playing Twilight 2000.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BoardgameTables have launched their new Bags and Playmats Kickstarter

Everything ships in March, and I've backed for a Large Playmat.
The premium bags look really good quality as well.

Now the real question is... blue or burgundy.. :nyoron:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Jan 18 - Skate Summer - Tony Hawks Pro Board gamer. Production values look dope.

Both of these are live

Marvel Zombies is already past a million within 10min.
All in pledge is $240
All in + giant Galactus statue is $410

Man you'd really have to like Zombicide, huh?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Infinitum posted:

Both of these are live

All in pledge is $240

It's not even All-In, that'll be revealed later once they slowly unveil the add-on expansions.
Those are the base prices.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

Not to be an rear end in a top hat, but I use these for $1 a pop:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

It's not even All-In, that'll be revealed later once they slowly unveil the add-on expansions.

Dreamin'

gschmidl posted:

Not to be an rear end in a top hat, but I use these for $1 a pop:

I use the $5 version with a zipper :v:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/frakta-storage-bag-for-cart-blue-90149148/

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 18, 2022

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oh that's even better.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Infinitum posted:

Both of these are live

All in pledge is $240

Or be a real Marvel Zombie!
:downsrim:

But seriously, Crisis Protocol exists now. Granted it doesn't have the coveted J. Jonah Jameson miniature, but there's time. Also Heroclix also exists.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Infinitum posted:

I got one of these bags discounted at gencon and it's decent. The minimal padding does help over an ikea bag, but the zipper is pretty crap. It's also so big as to be awful for anything other than carrying ~50ft to or from a car. The backpack straps are garbage and even unloaded it's awful to wear in that configuration.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Or be a real Marvel Zombie!
:downsrim:

But seriously, Crisis Protocol exists now. Granted it doesn't have the coveted J. Jonah Jameson miniature, but there's time. Also Heroclix also exists.

How easily could you proxy Crisis Protocol for casual play using heroclix or other minis? I've wanted to try the system out for casual play but it's really expensive.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I bought a BGT bag for $35 at Gen Con a few years ago and it's been very good to me ever since. I don't know that I'd pay $59 for it, but the $35 was well worth it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I bought a BGT bag for $35 at Gen Con a few years ago and it's been very good to me ever since. I don't know that I'd pay $59 for it, but the $35 was well worth it.

Lol I didn't even see the price, $59 for the exact bag they sold for $25 at gencon (and $10 for mine) is a loving gaffe.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah the playmats are what you really should be pledging for. There's a cheapy $7 bag if you really want one.

Just got an update on Weather Machine and they're doing a reprint of Roccoco Deluxe as well now.
Am I really going to back for Weather Machine, Kanban EV, and Roccoco?... It's highly loving tempting to be honest.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Have you played a Lacerda? Despite being a mark for the themes and heavy games, I find he's the opposite of what I want from them. You make very few choices and they have huge fallouts that take forever to resolve because of the myriad of subsystems and interactions. In the end it just feels like you're fighting against the game system to accomplish anything instead of playing against other players.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

It looks great.

I can't afford it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Have you played a Lacerda?

No, but I've been trying to organise a playthrough of Weather Machine for a bit (which would have happened over Christmas had I not been banged up)

I know Kanban EV is highly regarded, so I've been wanting a Lacerda for my collection.

Roccoco I know is a 100% perfect match for my.group, so being able to pick it up on the cheap would be a amazing.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Bottom Liner posted:

I got one of these bags discounted at gencon and it's decent. The minimal padding does help over an ikea bag, but the zipper is pretty crap. It's also so big as to be awful for anything other than carrying ~50ft to or from a car. The backpack straps are garbage and even unloaded it's awful to wear in that configuration.

How easily could you proxy Crisis Protocol for casual play using heroclix or other minis? I've wanted to try the system out for casual play but it's really expensive.

Reasonably easily, especially if everyone is using Herclix. Base size is the only major issue, since larger base minis move faster (you place the movement tool at the front of the base, and they can move so that the back of the base touches it, getting the base width in "extra" movement)

If you have tabletop simulator, there is a fantastic mod for Crisis Protocol as well

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I cannot imagine paying that much money for a Zombicide

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Bottom Liner posted:

Have you played a Lacerda? Despite being a mark for the themes and heavy games, I find he's the opposite of what I want from them. You make very few choices and they have huge fallouts that take forever to resolve because of the myriad of subsystems and interactions. In the end it just feels like you're fighting against the game system to accomplish anything instead of playing against other players.

That's a perfectly worded explanation of why I dumped every Lacerda I own except Vinhos. And it's not that Vinhos is exempt from those criticisms; I was just sentimental for it.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Infinitum posted:

Roccoco I know is a 100% perfect match for my.group, so being able to pick it up on the cheap would be a amazing.

Yeah, Rococo shouldn't be lumped in with Lacerda discussion, just because EGG is reprinting that box alongside the Lacerda boxes.

Rococo is one of the *perfect* medium-weight Euros and will never leave my collection.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Is there a Rococo Kickstarter I'm not seeing? A "perfect" medium-weight Euro sounds like something I want to add to my collection.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's going to be an add-on for the Weather Machine KS.

SUSD did a review of the Deluxe version a while back. It's gorgeous.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Infinitum posted:

It's going to be an add-on for the Weather Machine KS.

SUSD did a review of the Deluxe version a while back. It's gorgeous.

Ah. Looks like it's in print and I can buy it from Eagle Games? I'll ask over on the board game thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

I'm pleased to announce that Mutants in the Now has completed fulfillment!

All physical backers should have books headed their way, along with pre-orders on or prior to January 9th. Similarly, All digital rewards have been released.

The book is available digitally on itch.io and DriveThruRPG, or physically at the j/k! Games store. If you have any issues, you can contact me at jkgamesbiz AT gmail DOT com.

I want to thank all my backers who made this possible! Despite a rough year of personal loss and resulting delays, nobody backed out, and I'm glad to see some folks already have the game on their doorstop.

But it isn't over here; I'm looking forward to announcing what's next!