Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I keep thinking about how we have all these delivery apps - like you have the tech for coordinating an actual lockdown right there. People can place orders for the groceries they need, the medicine they need from their homes and find someone local to deliver it. You couldn't ask for a better system to be in place already if you had to keep people at home for a month.

"Hey, we're gonna test these drivers for covid regularly and get them PPE and give them government healthcare bennies for life and they'll make $50/hr. They're gonna be our lifeline to everyone that's sheltering in place over the next month."

But no, sorry - we can't do that. It's not for doing that. It's for getting people Taco Bell within 30 minutes, so we can't use it to do something other than that. It's just not what it's for.

Would you be a driver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

I do the morally righteous thing and just have doordash deliver my kitkats to my door instead of going out side and spreading the death plague. It’s just that easy.

If you don’t want to do the moral thing that’s on you, but I’m going to keep ordering my daily kitkats (they’re fresher that way).

i always make sure not to give any tips, fomite transmission you know

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Would you be a driver?

sure why not, it's my hypothetical

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

:hmmyes:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

You should never tip. People who receive tips never better themselves or strive for better jobs or position in society.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I liked the line that covid is like traffic and school shootings. it’s intractable under capitalism so moralizing about it is just gonna give you more brain damage

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This is why i call the police on the homeless too. If they can't contribute, remove them.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Centrist Committee posted:

I,print out my unread forums thread and read those like I’m a salesman from the 50s reading the morning newspaper

Thank

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I've got a tip for you: this is the podcast thread

The guest on the lastest trueanon is a GILF

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Centrist Committee posted:

I liked the line that covid is like traffic and school shootings. it’s intractable under capitalism so moralizing about it is just gonna give you more brain damage

Debunk
Aug 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Post 1 book you have read in the last year.

[bust rodd]: chaos, by tom oneil

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

What was KHives critique?

bougie left libs and blah blah blah. basically what everyone here has said for a long time but still extremely funny that out of their hatred for bernie bros they got something right

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah it's basically a nonissue. Also given the chapo patreon he could probably afford a nice home gym if he doesn't want to wear a mask.

he has a separate apartment that he has his gym stuff in

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Would you be a driver?

wouldn’t be caught dead. what if someone saw me? Jesus.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I've also come around to the idea that public schooling should be dismantled. Teachers have too much power.

Mr Hootington posted:

You should never tip. People who receive tips never better themselves or strive for better jobs or position in society.

Mr Hootington posted:

This is why i call the police on the homeless too. If they can't contribute, remove them.

this is the kind of heterodox thinking i've been searching for —— do you have a substack i can subscribe to?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this is the kind of heterodox thinking i've been searching for —— do you have a substack i can subscribe to?

You could give money to the DSA instead.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

these em-dashes are growing too powerful. my god man

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I wonder when the next American imperial war will be. Been waiting for that Iran or Venezuela shoe to drop for years.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is that the nonstop sound of Felix vaping in the latest Chapo?

Chris mentions it being like "old school chapo" due to them somehow all recording through the same mic, but the low audio quality never bothered me. Constant heavy breathing sounds, on the other hand, are considerably more annoying.

Edit: The funny thing about the part where they comment on COVID stuff is that they aren't exactly wrong about the state of things, but they're ranting about other people being upset when they're obviously very upset themselves that there's some sort of barrier to going out and having fun (or at least that they can't freely do it without people commenting or even just feeling self-conscious about masks).

It's an example of how, when your life is too good, you feel it more when anything infringes on that. The vast majority of adults don't really go to large events or traveling often and mostly just do social stuff with small groups, so it's not a big deal. But when you're constantly doing fun and exciting things and suddenly it's more difficult (or even just has some mild level of awkwardness in the form of other people wearing masks), it bothers you more. I can empathize with it, but don't feel any sympathy.

No Dignity posted:

I tried doing cardio briefly in a mask back before we knew covid 1.0 was fairly harmless outside and 45 minutes of rapid breathing inside one of them just soaked it through, if that's what it takes to go to the gym I'd rather just not go

Assemble a very large and expensive elliptical that takes up 1/3 of your bedroom like I did a little over a month ago.

Edit: oh, you're lucky enough to be able to do outside cardio. I start to suffocate due to allergies if I do that.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 00:45 on Jan 19, 2022

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

R. Mute posted:

new chapo is just felix slowly sucking on his vape one inch from the single mic in the room, while the boys fail to imagine a life that isn't being a shut-in podcaster

whenever you read a bizzare extremely projecting post like this you just know the episode is gonna be good and have funny jokes in it

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

robert duvall voice: you gotta suck on the vape... slooooow

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Minecraft Holmes posted:

robert duvall voice: you gotta suck on the vape... slooooow

this

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Felix shouted out everyone at the Grayzone for except Max. Interesting.

I need to update the podcast gossip document.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I had to unfollow Max. Some real strange takes lately.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Edit: oh, you're lucky enough to be able to do outside cardio. I start to suffocate due to allergies if I do that.

Guy who's literally allergic to going outside is like the final boss of indoor boys

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

My vape pen died as I was listening and vaping along with Felix and I can't find the charger, so this Chapo episode was big FOMO

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

My vape pen died as I was listening and vaping along with Felix and I can't find the charger, so this Chapo episode was big FOMO

build a big boy vape. respect yourself. you deserve it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I already have a dry flower vape, I'm just trying the pens out of boredom

Instead I bought another cheapo one, but this time tie dye colored

selec
Sep 6, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

I already have a dry flower vape, I'm just trying the pens out of boredom

Instead I bought another cheapo one, but this time tie dye colored

yocan, buddy, yocan

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

max went insane with the ivermectin poo poo, i had to unfollow him for that as wel

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Yeah I caught this too. Like you said it was interesting. I remember Max poo poo talking Chapo way back right around the end of the Bernie campaign and I wonder if there’s bad blood or what

Also yeah Covid just snapped Blumenthal’s brain in half and I don’t know if he’ll ever get it working again. Many such cases really

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some plague rats posted:

Guy who's literally allergic to going outside is like the final boss of indoor boys

He's the raid boss of the covid thread.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

Just get one of those portable bubbles like jake gyllenhaal

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

whenever you read a bizzare extremely projecting post like this you just know the episode is gonna be good and have funny jokes in it
defending the pod boys. shameful

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
idk, the chapos just sounded like they were discussing the discourse around individual covid virtue.

the covid thread is mostly lollin and lmaoing at the numbers, lack of state action (or comparing NPIs by different countries), and sharing mask/ventilation advice.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
As usual I guess I gotta loving actually listen to the thing to figure out anything close to what was actually said, great work detectives

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

R. Mute posted:

defending the pod boys. shameful

anyone else notice that the pod boys all sound like men in their mid 30s who work in IT and post on the somethinga wful forums this ep??

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

He's the raid boss of the covid thread.

lol absolutely

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

happy knowing millennials will be the last generation to be able to bully people without wheezing to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

crepeface posted:

idk, the chapos just sounded like they were discussing the discourse around individual covid virtue.

the covid thread is mostly lollin and lmaoing at the numbers, lack of state action (or comparing NPIs by different countries), and sharing mask/ventilation advice.

Last time I looked in there I saw a guy bragging about how he couldn't stop being high for long enough to go in and get his 5th or 6th shot, with zero pushback from anyone in there lol