Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Raygereio posted:

It is. Or more specifically the background is too "dominant", which fucks with the readability in my opinion. Actually reading the text and icons is annoying and I find I have to actually focus on it, instead of being able to get what it says by just quickly glancing at it.
It's something that should be easily modded. But I imagine the GUI design is not exactly color-blind friendly, and competent GUI design ought to take that into consideration.:colbert:

For whatever it's worth I'm red-green colorblind and haven't felt like I've had any problem reading things in the UI when watching the various videos they've been putting out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Dartonus posted:

For whatever it's worth I'm red-green colorblind and haven't felt like I've had any problem reading things in the UI when watching the various videos they've been putting out.
Fair point. I stand corrected.

I still dislike looking at it. This is going to be my Pontus, isn't it.:negative:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Raygereio posted:

I still dislike looking at it. This is going to be my Pontus, isn't it.:negative:
I'm not a huge fan of what we've seen so far and I think UI/UX is underrated in importance for.... just about anything these days. Its one thing to be annoyed by it but its another to turn into a meme.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

AnEdgelord posted:

Its called Dogs of War

Hot
Pot
Launcher

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Raygereio posted:

I mean, no. You subjectively don't like it. That's totally fine. Your opinion is totally valid.

My post about it was facetious mostly because the forums and reddit have taken it to an extreme. Not liking the red is fine, and I'm pretty sure we'll see mods that try to change/alleviate it eventually. But specific people on reddit and the forum grogs are like... really hyperfixated on it and saying it ruins the game entirely and other hyperbolic poo poo like that.

It's mostly just internet nerds wanting to be the loudest voice, I guess. Not liking the red for aesthetic, comfort, usability, readability, or other subjective reasons is fine, that's how personal preference works; claiming that the game is dogshit because the UI is too red (which they're implying) is... Pontus.

EDIT: Also, looks like the content creators have had the game for a bit, and the embargo drops tomorrow (Wed, Jan. 19th) at 6PM Bri'ish time (1PM Eastern). Prepare thine eyeballs accordingly.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 18, 2022

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Omnicarus posted:

I gotta say the CA should be ashamed of the rivets in the new UI, there's nothing in the Warhammer universe that would suggest rivets or screws are frequently used and this just destroys player immersion. What's next, a little tech priest that tells you about chaos spells in the FANTASY setting??

Someone talkin' poo poo about Steam Tanks?!?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

My first created Lord will be Grimgrog and I will immediately go punch Grimgor

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So if it is Yuri I guess the idea is that he loses his identity when he gets corrupted by Chaos. Which is sad. Ah well now he gets an infinite series of bad puns for names. Truly a living hell.

Aurubin fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 19, 2022

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

I saw a legend stream where he turned down a trade deal offer from the AI

Is there a downside to trade deals? I always figure it's just free money.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

cool av posted:

I'm fairly certain you get hit with a harsh diplomatic penalty with all factions if you go to war with a fraction you are trading with. You also lose relations with factions that don't like factions you trade with.

If he was playing high elves seeing more of the map could also make enemies aware of him too soon. The ai won't send waves of armies across the entire map to kill you if they don't know you exist.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

cool av posted:

He's going to conquer them soon and doesn't want to take the diplo penalty by not waiting out 10 turns before breaking a treaty. He could also have not wanted to piss off another faction he already has bad relations with by making a treaty with an enemy of theirs.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Raygereio posted:

This thread tends to go too hard in the opposite direction in what is seemingly an attempt to appear as contrarian to reddit as possible, while acting as though anyone who has something minor that they don't care for is frothing at the mouth in extreme gamer rage. It's ok to not think that absolutely everything is 100% perfect. Like, the TWW2 DLC unit cards were pretty low quality and out-of-place before they were revamped. Didn't ruin the game by any means, but they weren't good.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

cool av posted:

If you make agreement with another faction you have to wait 10 turns until you break it or you take a reliability penalty. If you're planning on attacking them soon it's not worth it.

If you're trying to maintain a good relationship with a faction and you enter into a deal with their enemy it can hurt your relations.

Chemtrailologist fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 19, 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Barely. If you're going to go to war with someone, it's best to cancel all your deals ahead of time to avoid the diplomatic malus. Also, the other AIs will judge you for making deals with the wrong people (which is why it's best not to trade with the pirates, because everyone hates them).

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Most people I believe agreed with reddit about the covid dlcs' unit card art, they along with I strongly disagree that WH3's unit card are as similarly trash as those two dlc WH2 unit cards.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chemtrailologist posted:

If you make agreement with another faction you have to wait 10 turns until you break it or you take a reliability penalty. If you're planning on attacking them soon it's not worth it.
You have to wait 10 turns before you break it AND you have to wait 10 turns after breaking it.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Vargs posted:

This thread tends to go too hard in the opposite direction in what is seemingly an attempt to appear as contrarian to reddit as possible, while acting as though anyone who has something minor that they don't care for is frothing at the mouth in extreme gamer rage.

that's a fair chunk of SA tbh

Mantis42 posted:

Total War: Warhammer 3 - Build Your Own SLAMBO

when I get the new thread going....

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I finished that volkmar campaign I mentioned a while back

I lost Altdorf at turn 53 and managed to turn it around and get short campaign victory at turn 164

by comparison my Taurox campaign ended at turn 55

old campaign objectives vs new is such a huge difference in terms of requirements that it's almost unbelievable

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Note that most of the later DLC add-on lord campaigns were generally shorter (sometimes much shorter) than the original TWW2 Vortex campaign, let alone stuff in Mortal Empires/TWW1. This dying god stuff seems to be the crux of what practically all the launch factions (possibly bar Ogres) revolve around for their campaign, so Vortex is probably the far more apt comparison than either Taurox or the original. And Vortex could take quite a while, if nowhere near as long as map painting. I fully expect the campaign progression to be much better implemented than Vortex, but whether it's actually shorter - and if so by how much - is hard to guess.

Future DLC lords having much shorter campaigns than whatever this turns out to be is a fairly easy bet though.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Vargs posted:

This thread tends to go too hard in the opposite direction in what is seemingly an attempt to appear as contrarian to reddit as possible, while acting as though anyone who has something minor that they don't care for is frothing at the mouth in extreme gamer rage. It's ok to not think that absolutely everything is 100% perfect. Like, the TWW2 DLC unit cards were pretty low quality and out-of-place before they were revamped. Didn't ruin the game by any means, but they weren't good.

there's loads of things about these games that totally suck if we're all being honest

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Sinteres posted:

We got a whole lot of DLC over the longer than anticipated lifespan of 2 without them ever doing Araby, so I think they can manage to keep this game going for years without having to asspull new armies for factions like Nippon. That's leaving aside whether GW would even let them do it, which is far from clear.

They should do a 4th game. Nippon (human and tengu factions), Snakemen of Kuresh, Kingdoms of Ind (Moneyman, Tigerman, human factions), Araby

DLC Chaos Penguin invasion. Hire me CA!

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!
I will never stop complaining until they add animated banners to units in battle mode :colbert:

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Early 2000's FMVs for hero actions ala Shogun 2.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Early 2000's FMVs for hero actions ala Shogun 2.

Skaven assassin FMVs would be amazing.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Foulbrood posted:

I will never stop complaining until they add animated banners to units in battle mode :colbert:

boy do I have news for you. There's mods for that.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
90 minutes still to go and there’s >3000 people waiting for Legend’s stream to start

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Scott Forstall posted:

90 minutes still to go and there’s >3000 people waiting for Legend’s stream to start
Oh poo poo I thought this started at like 1:00pm Eastern, not... 10:00am? Booo I have a meeting at 10!!!

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CscVhVr4HYE

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Heh, the synchronized gunline.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

It's Not Be'lakor!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This looks really fun

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Lol turin named his greater demon big chungus

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I hope the high level Khorne arms let your demon prince just run around and suplex nerds.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Here's a stream from that guy who does the 18 steamtanks etc vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1D1K6KrFAE

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Holy poo poo, you can now tell neutral trespassers to get off your lawn and if they don't listen you won't suffer any reliability penalties for breaking non-aggression pacts with them.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

ThingOne posted:

Holy poo poo, you can now tell neutral trespassers to get off your lawn and if they don't listen you won't suffer any reliability penalties for breaking non-aggression pacts with them.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ThingOne posted:

This is major, I think it’s absurd that I have an NAP with some dude and he raids my province and steals like 2k/turn and I can do nothing about it. gently caress that

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Supply lines are still in but its 4% at legendary instead of 15%.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I wanted Belakor as the last lord but this deamon prince system is so cool. I can't wait to dress up my deamon doll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I still hope there's some way Be'lakor is playable, either unlocked through beating the campaign or a twist in the Undivided campaign or a future DLC or something, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. The new lord seems loving awesome either way.