Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

worms butthole guy posted:

I've been navigating the jungle of retro marketplaces looking for the perfect copy of Sonic CD. I just don't know what it is about that game but I absolutely love it. The sensation of speed, the characters, the sound of my JVC X-Eyes disc drive slowly dying, the music; its all great.

My question is have any of you played the mobile version of Sonic CD? Is it a Christian Whitehead production?

Yeah, Whitehead's port of CD went to Steam, XBox 360, PS3, iOS, Android and I think Windows Mobile and also Amazon's game stick? One of the reasons he pitched CD as the first remake was because it had never been rereleased beyond Sonic Gems for Gamecube/PS2. But yeah, if you can buy it digitally it's Whitehead.

It's going to be re-rereleased as part of Origins but news on that has gone dead for a while so who knows when that's coming.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, Whitehead's port of CD went to Steam, XBox 360, PS3, iOS, Android and I think Windows Mobile and also Amazon's game stick? One of the reasons he pitched CD as the first remake was because it had never been rereleased beyond Sonic Gems for Gamecube/PS2.

I believe it’s also available on PS4 and Xbox One as well.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 19, 2022

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The US tracks are super atmospheric and cool, and the Japan soundtrack is super funky and weird and matches the visuals extremely well. Both good.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Larryb posted:

It would be nice if we could also get his versions of Sonic 1 & 2 on consoles via the upcoming Origins collection but I’m not holding my breath on that one (then again, if Whitehead’s version of CD is going to be included I suppose it’s possible)

The trailer showed the whitehead versions of 1 and 2.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I use the JP soundtrack if I'm exploring and getting all the robot generators, and the US soundtrack if I'm just rushing through to get the time stones.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MikeJF posted:

The trailer showed the whitehead versions of 1 and 2.

Nevermind then. Nice, now all we need is an actual release date.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I have an old Centipede arcade game. Wonder how hard it’d be to convert to SegaSonic.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Catching up on American Dad and I'm pretty sure the writing staff are millennials now.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

Mod out the jazz and those segments become way more bearable.

Someone did a 'All Achievements' speedrun of Unleashed a few years back, and for some reason, he triggered some kind of glitch (that was assumed to be down to how drat long the run was.) that the Werehog battle music didn't trigger.
Did make the run a lot less tedious.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Detective No. 27 posted:

Catching up on American Dad and I'm pretty sure the writing staff are millennials now.

Clearly not, even melted it looks better than the ones we got.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hello thread, please enjoy this animated song with Johnny Gioeli about Sonic turning 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXNTd-pgKVc

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Never understood the hatred for the Sonic CD US SONIC 3D BLAST ON SEGA SATURN ost. It is so good.
:hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAbIVvAup70

ive been jamming to this all day :D

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Larryb posted:

I believe it’s also available on PS4 and Xbox One as well.

It's definitely not on PS4 but it seems to be on Xbox One.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Baggot posted:

It's definitely not on PS4 but it seems to be on Xbox One.

Yeah, it's the 360 version running in back-compat. PS4 is SOL on that front.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I just checked and it is in fact on PS4 but only via the PSNow service

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

it's okay but... grandpa i'm sorry but i like the genesis ost way more

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

fine.........we'll just have to add both to the music rotation at your next birthday party 🥰

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
🥳

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Yeah sure its great....

For International Superstar Soccer 64

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I may not be a fan of 3D Blast but I will forever love the Saturn Rusty Ruins Act 2 theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR8kUuNqP6k

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Jacques sucks

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Hello thread, please enjoy this animated song with Johnny Gioeli about Sonic turning 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXNTd-pgKVc

I wonder how much Johnny charges these days

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Lmao
https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1488619322012749824?t=mbBk2hLuuVi71j9ted9tFA&s=19
:laffo:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ken Penders found a way to defeat the right-clickers: create NFTs nobody could possibly want to steal.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Green Knuckles wasn’t even from another dimension or anything, it was literally just regular Knuckles who got turned green for a while (I forget why though)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Larryb posted:

Green Knuckles wasn’t even from another dimension or anything, it was literally just regular Knuckles who got turned green for a while (I forget why though)

He unlocked the secret powers he gained when his dad microwaved his egg with a chaos emerald or something. It was only supposed to last a couple of issues but they forgot to tell the colourist to turn him back to normal

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dabir posted:

He unlocked the secret powers he gained when his dad microwaved his egg with a chaos emerald or something. It was only supposed to last a couple of issues but they forgot to tell the colourist to turn him back to normal

he was chaos knuckles for like two years until he died, met god (who is an echidna ofc), and was able to come back in exchange for being red again

also he's called chaos knuckles, which makes me wonder if penders forgot his own lore since he apparently also thinks he created shade the bioware echidna

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
lmao green knuckles, red sonic, it's all the same

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"Julie-Su aka Shade"
lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

two characters with the exact same design:

two characters with completely different, legally distinct designs:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lmao ken penders ftw

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1488706703637942272

what a palooka

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Was Ken Penders always this pathetic/stupid or did it start after he got fired from Archie?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
his name is robo robotnik because he is robotnik but a robot and he is a completely different character from robotnik the sonic character

Larryb posted:

Was Ken Penders always this pathetic/stupid or did it start after he got fired from Archie?

he has always been like this lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Larryb posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:worship:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

his name is robo robotnik because he is robotnik but a robot and he is a completely different character from robotnik the sonic character

he was always like this lol

do not steal

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

so, dude is absolutely trying to get some shut-up-and-go-away money from Sega, or something like that, right? because nofucker is gonna pony up a hundred grand in actual money for “bonus content” related to Geoffrey St John, Julie-Su, and Robo-Robotnik, and don’t you dare try to tell me otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

SatansOnion posted:

so, dude is absolutely trying to get some shut-up-and-go-away money from Sega, or something like that, right? because nofucker is gonna pony up a hundred grand in actual money for “bonus content” related to Geoffrey St John, Julie-Su, and Robo-Robotnik, and don’t you dare try to tell me otherwise

lol