Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Wow the ps5 thread is full of awful opinions

Anyways, please Phil have raven team up with id again please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

kri kri posted:

lol I didn’t even think to check that for salt.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I wonder if theyr're looking to expand gamepass to smartphone games now? I haven't touched a phone game in years but would it be possible with their own app store in android with free games tied to your gamepass sub?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

hanyolo posted:

I wonder if theyr're looking to expand gamepass to smartphone games now? I haven't touched a phone game in years but would it be possible with their own app store in android with free games tied to your gamepass sub?
this post reminded me that MS will own CoD Mobile (which is actually good) and Diablo Immortal lol

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Epic buys Valve. Steam account holders will be forced to transfer their library to an epic games account at a dollar a title.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

today we welcome nintendo to the roblox family

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Beastie posted:

lol I didn’t even think to check that for salt.

The console warrior cope peaks at pages 1888-1892, check it out. It ends right around a univbee post that apparently dispelled the miasma of stupidity.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

The console warrior cope peaks at pages 1888-1892, check it out. It ends right around a univbee post that apparently dispelled the miasma of stupidity.

lmao, waking up to that poo poo was :kiss:

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I was excited to think of all the games that will be added to Game Pass, then I looked at titles Activision has released over the past five years. It's only one game if you exclude CoD and remasters. (Crash 4)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't think you can really consider THPS1+2 a remaster.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The Grey posted:

I was excited to think of all the games that will be added to Game Pass, then I looked at titles Activision has released over the past five years. It's only one game if you exclude CoD and remasters. (Crash 4)

It's pretty dire. Both Acti and EA have huge catalogs that they simply refuse to engage with, and both (ubi as well) are reeling from multi-year development fiascos and public scandals.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

chupacabraTERROR posted:

What is the reason why Xbox doesn't have an equivalent "platinum trophy"? I understand not everyone cares but I really enjoy getting platinum trophies on PS... I like having an overarching goal, I like seeing the number of platinum trophies go up as I complete more games, and I like the memories I've made from finally completing some difficult ones. Does Sony have this cutting edge technology patented or something, or has Xbox just decided they don't care for them?

Xbox invented cheevos first and didn't do it. Nothing more than that. 1000/1000 is your platinum.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

American McGay posted:

I don't think you can really consider THPS1+2 a remaster.

Yeah, in the same way as the recent Demon's Souls the skeleton is identical to the original games but the overall experience is transformed by new QoL features, fidelity, quick loading, and unification of content. It's a great remake.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m not sure what the big deal is Sony moneyhats exclusives all the time. console makers buying exclusivity is just how this industry works. Like are people this upset that final fantasy VIIR or XVI will never release on Xbox?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Found this.

quote:

The list of IPs that could potentially be owned by Xbox following Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard includes:

Blur
Caesar
Call of Duty
Candy Crush
Crash Bandicoot
Diablo
DJ Hero
Empire Earth
Gabriel Knight
Geometry Wars
Guitar Hero
Gun
Hearthstone
Heroes of the Storm
Hexen
Interstate ’76
King’s Quest
Laura Bow Mysteries
The Lost Vikings
Overwatch
Phantasmagoria
Pitfall
Police Quest
Prototype
Quest for Glory
Singularity
Skylanders
Solider of Fortune
Space Quest
Spyro the Dragon
StarCraft
Tenchu (legacy games)
TimeShift
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
True Crime
World of Warcraft
Zork

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hatty posted:

I’m not sure what the big deal is Sony moneyhats exclusives all the time. console makers buying exclusivity is just how this industry works. Like are people this upset that final fantasy VIIR or XVI will never release on Xbox?

Yeah idgi. All the companies hoard what they can hoard. Team Xbox people complain about exclusive hoarding and cheer corporate acquisitions. Sony fans grind their teeth over MS cash buying up games and gloat over final fantasy exclusivity.

Just chill out and buy both machines. Game pass is cheap to run on my PC and even cheaper since I play a major release then turn it off for a few months.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

hatty posted:

I was a bit sad when insomniac became a PS publisher because I bloody LOVED sunset overdrive and I wanted a sequel. Microsoft should buy insomniac off Sony.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is Phantasmagoria really an "ip"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The Grey posted:

Found this.

Acquire owns Tenchu, Acti just publishes. I think FROM owns Sekiro with Acti publishing but who knows what strings are attached.

I wonder if MS will revive Guitar Hero. Can that business model even exist outside of the 00s?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Is Phantasmagoria really an "ip"

Pantasmagoria 2 has an IP, an Incomprehensible Puzzle that is

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Just chill out

yup

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Imagine if we get a blur reboot by one of the forza teams.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

If you've been a playstation haver for the past few years, the only games you could get FOMO over were Nintendo's first party stuff and the occasional indie that's exclusive to PC or Switch. Stuff that you might be able to categorically ignore depending on your tastes. The possibility of being deprived of AAA console games, probably after fighting to get your PS5, is a harsh reality for these gamers to wake up to. My barber has a PS5 that he mostly uses for COD, last we spoke he was considering subbing to GPU for a month so he could play the Halo Infinite campaign on his ipad lol. It'll be fun getting his take on this.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

The Grey posted:

Found this.

Give me the Phantasmagoria: A Puzzle of Flesh remake we've all been waiting for

Recast everyone except Curtis Craig and the waiter

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Video games are too big and take way too long to develop. Take all these studios and let them pick an IP and make whatever medium sized experience they feel like making.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Grey posted:

Found this.
A new Soldier of Fortune :unsmigghh:

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Just hand them a camera, have them all make FMV games. That's cheap enough.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I always wanted Perfect Dark but I don't feel like buying another box for it. Maybe if it comes to pc.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I always wanted Perfect Dark but I don't feel like buying another box for it. Maybe if it comes to pc.
What do you mean if?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The last microsoft 1st party game that did not launch on PC came out in 2015.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Rageaholic posted:

A new Soldier of Fortune :unsmigghh:

Oh my god yes. Absolute War_Crimes

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Grey posted:

Found this.

make a new empire earth imo

also let toys for bob make a star control 3

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

American McGay posted:

What do you mean if?

Oh nice, I hadn't checked since before covid.

edit; oh I mean the original, which I guess is still not, or is it I dunno

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 19, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hope the area after the snow area in gears 5 is cooler cause that whole section was bland and way too long tbh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh nice, I hadn't checked since before covid.

edit; oh I mean the original, which I guess is still not, or is it I dunno

It is not, as it was part of teh aforementioned last game to not release on PC

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kri kri posted:

Whos left there from the glory days that ddidnt leave to escape the support studio grind?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Phil Spencer is Sauron and he is now calling them back to him

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I hope the area after the snow area in gears 5 is cooler cause that whole section was bland and way too long tbh.

Skip to the story dlc it does everything the main game does in 2 hours with no aimless sledding

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Me in the PS5 thread posted:

Sold my redundant Series X and put the cash toward the disc PS5 I just scored from Walmart.
FedEx was trying to make me stay home to sign for the package. Now I might just let it get sent back for a refund lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Get a pc and play the 6-8 sony games that come out this gen on it in 2-3 years when they port them