Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
The romance of Romance crooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Tobermory posted:

My boyfriend (21M) won't stop acting like a Mexican drug lord. Should I (20F) break up with him?

Everyone knows the best way to start laundering money and stealing credit cards is by googling "MONEY LAUNDROMAT" and "CREDIT CARD THEFT WIKIHOW"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tobermory posted:

My boyfriend (21M) won't stop acting like a Mexican drug lord. Should I (20F) break up with him?

Brain tumor spotted

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

That green text Drive story

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

In the middle of the Nevada desert they met, a Mexican cartel officer, a capo of one of the five families, a high ranking Russian mafiya soldier, and a grizzled IRA veteran turned smuggler kingpin. Each of them a boring white guy from Missouri.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Grape posted:

In the middle of the Nevada desert they met, a Mexican cartel officer, a capo of one of the five families, a high ranking Russian mafiya soldier, and a grizzled IRA veteran turned smuggler kingpin. Each of them a boring white guy from Missouri.

Goonin

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

yo soy el narcos y el gangster, me llamo steve cranston

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA for defending my girlfriend’s gag reflex?

quote:

My girlfriend of 4 years Nicky (24F) and I (26M). Last year, I moved into a new flatshare with a housemate John (29M), who’s generally okay.

Nicky always had a strong gag reflex, she’s very sensitive to “gross” things. I don’t mean she starts puking if someone forgets deodorant, it’s more that say, if she sees human turds it’ll set her off gagging till she can’t breathe. Not an issue in our relationship, I’m clean, and it’s not like she freaks out over skidmarks.

John has a habit of never flushing the loo. Like I’ve come back after a break to see piss and poo poo from weeks ago chill out in there. He claims its fine bc we’re both guys. He knows Nicky is extremely poop-phobic (?) but whenever she comes over, I clean the bathroom myself because I don’t need her to see John’s fetid Warcraft binge piss.

We were away this week in London. On our way back, Nicky asks if she can stop at mine. I say sure, we were still 4 hours away so I text John “hey could you clear up the bathroom please, Nicky’s coming”. I thought this was OK since he knows her issue, he was the only one who used the loo for the last week, and I clean it all the time anyway. He replies “no problem”.

We get back, the 3 of us chat. She asks to use the loo. I heard gagging from the bathroom, and was like gently caress. I wait for her outside - she’s in tears when she comes out and says she didn’t throw up (because she didn’t eat) but that the toilet was disgusting and she was still heaving. I apologise, she says its ok and not my fault, she leaves still gagging. I look in the bathroom: piss on the seat, sticky on the ground, a loving layer of some frothy FUNGUS on the piss in the toilet, chunks of poo poo resting in the middle also covered in fungus.

I go out, John’s laughing and saying god, Nicky was spoilt as gently caress. I lose it and say what the gently caress is wrong with you? Said he promised to clean it, and he knew Nicky’s issues. He said, yeah he forgot, and that

It’s his space, not Nicky’s, so she didn’t have a right to “dictate” how he lived.

she’s “walking all over me” and imposing “her standards”.

she should be used to it considering where she comes from.

I got offended at the last part, Nicky’s a foreign student who settled here, you get the drift of what he’s saying. I told him he was the spoilt one, and that it wasn’t Nicky dictating anything, she didn’t even blame either of us, it was ME saying it. He shot back that him having to clean the bathroom just because “miss princess” is visiting was insulting, and I was “a loving elitist prick”.

I’m sure I wasn’t an AH to John but was I being elitist or imposing her standard? I didn’t think I was elitist: John comes from an upper class background, went to private school. He also doesn’t have MH issues to that extent, he keeps other stuff reasonably clean, it’s just his toilet habits. I’d like to know if I was the AH and who I should apologise to.

EDIT: ok i did not know what skidmarks were I swear I meant tiny poop stains on the toilet (w reference to me). Also - lease expires May, I’m moving out after.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

artsy fartsy posted:

EDIT: ok i did not know what skidmarks were

New title

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

artsy fartsy posted:

that sounds like my ex-girlfriend's gross housemates lol

idk if that bathroom had ever been cleaned but i know that i never entered it again

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

artsy fartsy posted:

I knew a guy who would always leave a turd floating in the toilet. I think that's gross but maybe I'm an elitist prick

I'm convinced they're scared the loud noise of flushing the toilet will attract the boogeyman at night

this may actually make me an elitist prick: don't fuckin leave toilet paper floating in the toilet. I don't care if it's fuckin pristine, you just blew your nose with it, whatever. I don't want to see that poo poo

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
How do people live like that?

How does one think it's ok for fungus to grow in the toilet?

What is wrong with people?

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How do people live like that?

How does one think it's ok for fungus to grow in the toilet?

What is wrong with people?

:nms: toilet mushrooms :nms:

Chloe Jessica fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 19, 2022

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

artsy fartsy posted:

lol at this loving martian calling leaving weeks old turds around a guy thing or whatever the gently caress

EDIT: Oh and the racism, cool cool

Grape fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 19, 2022

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Holy gently caress nms that filth you sicko

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Holy gently caress nms that filth you sicko

i put the emoji there but i still see it embedding, is that cause it's my post? is it properly censored for yall?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for choosing not to eat my mom's food?

quote:

I (20f) have a prawn allergy. When I eat prawns, even in the smallest quantities, my eyes swell so much to the point where I can't open them. I've gone to a doctor for this and they prescribed flu medicine. It works but the swelling can still take at least an hour to go down after I've taken the meds.

Right now I live with my mom and sister, because apartment prices are really high where we live. It's common for folks to live with our parents. My dad's work is far so he doesn't live with us.

The problem is that my mom cooks prawns regularly for family meals, even though she knows that I'm allergic. Every time she uses prawns in her cooking I get an allergic reaction and her reaction is always to say that she won't cook with prawns again. I have no idea why she is doing this. I asked her why, and she told me that it's because I like prawns. But I don't (and have clarified on many occasions) and neither she nor my sister is a big fan of prawns. To manage this situation I have to take the medicine every time I eat her cooking.

Recently, I had a busy schedule because of replacement classes, with a half an hour lunch break between my online classes. My mom made lunch for us again, and one of the ingredients she used were prawns. I didn't want my eyes to just start swelling right before my class so I picked out the prawns and ate the rest. But my mom got really mad, saying that I was ungrateful and disrespectful. Right now she's still mad and has excluded me from family meals, telling me to settle all my meals on my own because I didn't appreciate her. Should I have just done what I've always done, finishing the food and taking the medicine afterwards? Am I the rear end in a top hat?

pretty sure OP's mum is trying to kill her

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
AITA for hating my MIL's tattoo?

quote:

My husband (32m) and I (31f) had our first child in June. Our daughter is also the first grandchild on my husband's side so, naturally everyone is excited. But my MIL has taken it to a whole other level.

My MIL is very attention seeking and just over the top, to say the least. This year, my husband and I decided to stay home for Christmas and celebrate with our own little family for obvious reasons. This did not settle well with my MIL. She kept saying how she wanted everyone to be together and she just didn't understand why we couldn't. So, in order to appease her we decided that her and FIL could come up on Christmas eve to spend the day.

Day of: everything was fine until we were almost finished with opening gifts. She told me and my husband that she had one last gift for our daughter and handed us an envelope. My husband proceeded to open the card and read it out loud. To sum it up, it said that she loved our daughter so much that she decided to get something for her and herself. What does that even mean?! We both look up and there she was pulling down her collar to show us a huge tattoo on her chest of a heart shaped pearl necklace (my daughter's birth stone), a couple of roses (birth flower) and our daughter's name.

I WAS STUNNED. I could feel the tears building up inside me. I turned to my husband and basically excused myself with my daughter to "feed her". I balled my eyes out in my bedroom. I could hear my husband trying to explain to her what she did wrong. I wanted to get a tattoo of my daughter/ other children (we plan on having more) but I can't right now because I'm breastfeeding. I was so upset because not only did my MIL take her name but she also took her birth stone and flower!

I pulled myself together and come out of the room to find my MIL sobbing. She made a huge scene saying, "Oh please don't kick me out! Please let me stay! Please oh please!" She told me that she was sorry, she didn't think it was a big deal and that she thought she was doing something nice for my daughter. She even said that she discussed her plans with FIL and their friends and everyone gave her the green light. I told her that my daughter was 6 months old and had no idea what a tattoo is and that she did this for attention just like everything else she does. I was upset with the fact that she didn't even think to discuss it with us, her parents, about how we would feel about it. Mind you, she doesn't even have her own children's names tattooed on her!

I told her that she was overstepping us as her parents. Her response: "But I just want to be your mom! I just want to be close to you!" What does that have anything to do with this?! I told her that she was NOT my mom nor would she ever be.

Since then, she has texted my husband and I almost every day (I don't respond) about her birthday plans coming up. The fact that she is just trying to sweep this whole thing under the rug and go about as if nothing happened even makes me more angry. I never want to see my MIL's tattoo. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

EDIT: I'm not upset about what the tattoo entails specifically. I am just upset at the fact that MIL did not come to us as my daughter's parents to discuss before hand. She has overstepped boundaries in the past so, I guess this could be the last straw. Yes, I understand that it's her body, her choice. Also, thinking about future grandchildren and trying to explain to them why their name isn't tattooed on grandma. She does have other way smaller tattoos but this is the biggest one yet.

There are a ton of top level YTA verdicts on this one which is loving mind-boggling. MIL got a huge tat on her chest about the baby without talking to the parents. That's really loving weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chloe Jessica posted:

i put the emoji there but i still see it embedding, is that cause it's my post? is it properly censored for yall?

It doesn't do it automatically. You have to put it in a spoiler tag or manually remove the img tags.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

muscles like this! posted:

It doesn't do it automatically. You have to put it in a spoiler tag or manually remove the img tags.

thank you, fixed it!

also, while im quoting you, i wanna say i miss your Hank Hill avatar

BOGGLE?!

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Kuros posted:

There are a ton of top level YTA verdicts on this one which is loving mind-boggling. MIL got a huge tat on her chest about the baby without talking to the parents. That's really loving weird.

Yeah it's a little weird but it's way weirder to get up and run sobbing into the other room because a family member got your baby's name tattooed on them.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Kuros posted:

It is weird, but it's also pretty funny that the reason OP is upset is because she wanted to get the huge tattoo first.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

Yeah it's a little weird but it's way weirder to get up and run sobbing into the other room because a family member got your baby's name tattooed on them.

Sure, a bit of an overreaction, but how is the MIL getting a giant tat of the grandkid's name and other info without telling the parents not the weirdest thing here? I'd put this at ESH.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Human Tornada posted:

gotta agree with this here. i can kinda see how getting a grandkid tattoo might be a fun surprise maybe. if somebody's first reaction is "I can't believe they got that tattoo so now I can't get a tattoo like that!!" then i think there's probably more going on. woof. ultimately "who gives a poo poo" i guess is my overall point about half of these Reddit threads.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for the kid to come out trans later in life and be aghast at the giant tats.

Or kid changes name legally later on.

The fact the MIL started screaming about wanting to be the OP's mom was kinda weird too.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Everyone in that story is some annoying highstrung weirdo.

Poor baby.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

and that baby's name... was pnurtis

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Kuros posted:

Sure, a bit of an overreaction, but how is the MIL getting a giant tat of the grandkid's name and other info without telling the parents not the weirdest thing here? I'd put this at ESH.

I guess I'm just not of the opinion that you need to discuss it with somebody first about whose names and birthstones you're having tattooed on your body.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Why is that dumb bullshit budget drama even on anyone's radar during first baby/granbaby's Christmas.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Mx. posted:

AITA for choosing not to eat my mom's food?

pretty sure OP's mum is trying to kill her

That or mom's going senile and just keeps forgetting that her daughter has a shellfish allergy now that she didn't exhibit as a kid. That's uh...the most benevolent read I can come up with.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

I guess I'm just not of the opinion that you need to discuss it with somebody first about whose names and birthstones you're having tattooed on your body.

Sure, your body your choice, but if you showed up to work tomorrow and showed your coworker a massive tat that you got of their name, birthstone and flower, people are going to think it's really weird.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for triggering my friends roommate and causing him to destroy their stuff?

quote:

So my friend has this roommate and he’s always been kinda creepy towards me (constantly touching my thigh to the point that I have to physically move his hand) to clear up I’m F and my friend and his roommate are both M.

I found out the reason my friends roommate is so weird towards me is because he liked me. I found this out when he asked me out over text. However I’m not attracted to him and as stated before I found him weird, so I rejected him. For a few days he didn’t reply and then out of nowhere I got a ton of messages from him calling me a “whore” and that I “didn’t deserve a nice guy like him” I was honestly surprised because despite some of his weird actions he was actually quite nice at times and never seemed like the type to say something like that.

Anyway fast forward a bit and we have hung out together as a group a few times and each time he would make little passive aggressive digs at me until one night we where out drinking and he started asking me why I rejected him. At this point I was really starting to get annoyed with his constant harassment so when he asked me if I rejected him because “of his height and looks or because I was just a whore” I snapped and told him it was because he was ugly and I was physically repulsed by him.

I felt horrible the next day, I really did, and I felt even worse when I found out that he ended up destroying parts of his and my friends flat because of what I said. Some of my friends are saying ITA because although I was right to reject him HOW I did it was wrong and I knew he had “issues”. I feel terrible for my friend that I caused his stuff to get broken.

AITA?

Edit: I’ve been reading the comments for the past hour(apologies if I don’t reply, I’m not the best at responses) and I’ve decided I’m going to ask my friends (excluding him obviously) to meet up so I can talk to them about how their actions have hurt me and give them a full explanation of what I have been dealing with. If there’s anything to update after this I will.

Thank you to everyone who has commented, it has helped me a lot.

calling a woman a whore and sexually harrassing her constantly? not the rear end in a top hat, just a nice guy
calling a man ugly? you loving piece of poo poo

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mx. posted:

AITA for triggering my friends roommate and causing him to destroy their stuff?

calling a woman a whore and sexually harrassing her constantly? not the rear end in a top hat, just a nice guy
calling a man ugly? you loving piece of poo poo

Look, the worst thing anyone has ever done, in the history of humanity, has been to reject a man.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm sure that meeting with friends is going to go really well. I estimate one person sheepishly texting her to apologize afterwards but not saying anything in person, while the rest calmly and logically say misogynies

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Kuros posted:

Sure, your body your choice, but if you showed up to work tomorrow and showed your coworker a massive tat that you got of their name, birthstone and flower, people are going to think it's really weird.

Yeah but that's not what happened in this situation, we're talking about a woman and her grandchild. If a coworker did that to me I would definitely think it was weird, but I certainly wouldn't throw a crying fit over it and try to have them banned from the premises. They're the ones who have to live with this dumb thing on their body, not me.

And just for the record I'm taking her characterization of the size of the tattoo with a big grain of salt.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cowslips Warren posted:

Can't wait for the kid to come out trans later in life and be aghast at the giant tats.

Or kid changes name legally later on.

The fact the MIL started screaming about wanting to be the OP's mom was kinda weird too.

Kid’s a few months old, do it right now

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for saying MIL can’t bring her boyfriend to my wedding unless she tells me his name, knowing my friend wants to sue him?

quote:

MIL and FIL went through a nasty divorce and I know she is extremely uncomfortable being at my wedding without her boyfriend. I also know FILs awful wife would make comments if MIL was there alone.

MIL has been with her boyfriend for a little over a year, claims he is the love of her life but won’t tell me his name due to my friend wanting to sue him for destroying her work uniform, a toilet, and damaging the interior of her car.

MIL claims his name is Tom and won’t tell me his last name but I heard MILs stepmom call him Rob and MIL laughs every time she tells me his name is Tom. MILs dad now calls him random stuff to confuse me (I think because his name actually is Rob)

I implemented a rule that MIL can’t bring him unless she tells me his name (I’ll tell my friend but I think the statue of limitations might be up) MIL says I’m being unfair and I just need to invite her “and guest” My fiancé asked me to reconsider because MIL and I used to have issues but she’s been doing better and he’s worried she won’t come if she has to face FIL and his abusive awful wife without “Tom”

top comment posted:

INFO: what the gently caress

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This is why I prefer to use Costco's buying service. Pick a car, a color, and let them do the part I find difficult.

One of our proudest moments as car buyers was to buy a Scion xB (still miss that car), which were sold at fixed price, and to refuse to accept any of the aftermarket stuff the salesman wanted us to buy so as to make an actual profit. He got so mad at us that he refused to shake our hands when we left.

My mother in law spent 20 years working the desk at a big Ford dealership, then moved to a car buying service for another 20.

She offered to help me buy my last used car and took the price from $25,000 to $17,000.

Buying cars is a whole other world. If you don't know the rules you will get hosed over and not even realise it's happening, let alone how bad it's happening.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for saying MIL can’t bring her boyfriend to my wedding unless she tells me his name, knowing my friend wants to sue him?

Isn’t this what PIs and process servers are for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I have a question, though. How do you guys get a test drive without giving the dealership your contact info and having them call you for weeks on end afterward?

Apparently by giving them MY contact info so they call ME for weeks on end afterward. gently caress you, Kiefer Kia, there's no Tyrone here, I don't even drive I'm not buying a car from you.