Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Excuse me what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
ah yes, it is my child who is the selfish one

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I want to believe its fake, but my grandmother has been asking when she'll be a great grandmother every time Ive seen her since I was 16 so I dont have high hopes

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Are 22 year olds even millennials? Is a 42 year old even gen x at this point?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hallo spacedog posted:

gently caress no. Youngest millennials are 30 now. Gen X is like 50 or 60, gen Y i s approaching 30, zoomers are adults now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

gen z and millenials are the same according to this clickbait

https://www.theringer.com/year-in-review/2021/12/31/22860610/millennials-zoomers-gen-z-same-generation-olivia-rodrigo

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

hallo spacedog posted:

Older millennials got really offended by the millennial stereotype, but instead of telling boomers to shut the gently caress up, they ended up pretending they didn't come of age in the 90s and didn't have their early adulthood destroyed by the nightmare that was the 2000s.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The play to earn original argument was that a lot of multiplayer games are only fun because of the other players, so arguably some of the work that results in the company's profits is being done by players as unpaid labour.

To put it in another industry, the argument is that Twitter should be paying dril for making their site with reading.

This obviously means World of Warcraft should implement NFTs to blockchain the decentralised fungibility cloud ledger jellicle waffle squarf

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

hallo spacedog posted:

42 is officially genx but its right at the edge. The oldest millennial would be 41 years and 18 days old.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like the more "useful" definition of millenial would probably be between 30 and 40 because of, as mentioned, the formative years in the 90's with its particular technological oddities and early stages of global internet communication, combined with the late 00's to current economic fuckup gives people I think a fairly distinct experience, and distinct again from zoomers who have always known the current stage of digital technology and the existence of current hellworld, and older people who can tend to be less adapted to it and like to imagine that hellworld isn't real.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s simple

Greatest: 1920-1930
Silent: 1930-1939
Boomer: 1940-1959
X: 1960-1979
Millennial: 1980-1999
Zoomer: 2000-2019
Doomer: 2020-now

Edit: updated as per below

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Scratch Monkey posted:

It’s simple

Zoomer: 2000-now

Doomer is a timeless classic

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

those babies need to get their poo poo together, loving doomers

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Bismuth posted:

I want to believe its fake, but my grandmother has been asking when she'll be a great grandmother every time Ive seen her since I was 16 so I dont have high hopes

Well? 👵

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

me w/ my ovaries

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tell her to reach out into the ether and draw souls into our temporal world herself, like this freak did

Gotta wonder how it affects karma to spitefully bring life into the world like this

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Bismuth posted:

me w/ my ovaries

maybe this is what i should do with my balls post surgery

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Vib Rib posted:

It blows my mind people are still pulling "I have a black friend" as if they don't know as well as anyone that this excuse never amounts to anything. It's used so widely and mockingly in the most popular media surely they must know this by now. Is it just a case of "oh, well I actually do so..." or not believing they could ever be that person?

Not on social media. But I knew a bloke who actually did pull the "I have a black friend" poo poo in real life.

He would say, pretty much verbatim "I can call them n*ggers all I want because I have a black friend. Back me up here BrigadierSensible, you've met him."

And yes, I had indeed met the gentleman in question. But he was 1)South African, and 2)almost as much of an arsehole as the racist guy.

I am no longer friends with them and in fact haven't seen either in more than 10 years. But still, it was shocking to me that "I'm not racist, even though I am doing this incredibly racist thing, because I am nice to this one specific black man that you also know." was an actual thought process someone could go through.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Scratch Monkey posted:

It’s simple

Greatest: 1920-1930
Silent: 1930-1939
Zoomer: 2000-2019
Doomer: 2020-now

Edit: updated as per below

Hells yeah! I'm not a Boomer after all!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Didn't know every cspam poster was two, but ok

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I have never heard of a karma belief that involves needing x amount of souls...Like, even using the most rigid views of rebirth you don't get to control where you're born...is this some cult poo poo?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Just making arrangements for a scheduled BJ on Twitter like one is wont to do. Granted should have gone through with the meetup just to bite him in the dick.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hate when my BJ appointment finds out I hate minorities

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sexpig by night posted:

I hate when my BJ appointment finds out I hate minorities

God bless the Dick Sucking factory unions

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Putting on my she/her pronoun pin as I line up at the blowjob factory

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

OwlFancier posted:

I want to apply that building theory to everything, your house is actually 50 times bigger underground.

yeah we read House of Leaves too

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

christmas boots posted:

God bless the Dick Sucking factory unions

Plenty of solidarity there.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I don't think the 42 year old Gen Z thing is real because it talks about his daughter sterilizing herself at 22, and from what I understand, it's drat near impossible for a young, childless woman without some kind of underlying condition to get that kind of operation. Like, they'll refuse it because "There's no way a good, young fertile woman should get this. She'll change her mind!" and other such bullshit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Master Twig posted:

I don't think the 42 year old Gen Z thing is real because it talks about his daughter sterilizing herself at 22, and from what I understand, it's drat near impossible for a young, childless woman without some kind of underlying condition to get that kind of operation. Like, they'll refuse it because "There's no way a good, young fertile woman should get this. She'll change her mind!" and other such bullshit.

nah, you may have to doctor shop a bit because yea they super can refuse for that reason but I have a couple friends who got their poo poo done and didn't have other surgical needs and all.

It probably is fake because it's just cartoonishly insane and it's on Reddit, though

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I was born in 82 and was always confused how I suddenly became a "millennial" something like five years ago. Was "gen Y" I think or something I can't remember, but I guess got rolled up.

I always thought living so firmly in pre & post internet was worth differentiation.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

teethgrinder posted:

I was born in 82 and was always confused how I suddenly became a "millennial" something like five years ago. Was "gen Y" I think or something I can't remember, but I guess got rolled up.

I always thought living so firmly in pre & post internet was worth differentiation.

Gen Y was one of the focus testing names for millennials that didn't gain enough traction to stick around

then we called the next one Gen Z anyway because frankly we're unsustainable as a species

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Chloe Jessica posted:

Gen Y was one of the focus testing names for millennials that didn't gain enough traction to stick around

then we called the next one Gen Z anyway because frankly we're unsustainable as a species

I remember they tried to make “Founders” and “Homelanders” stick for Z.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I know someone who is nearing 40, physically disabled, and gets horrifically bad cramps and can't get a doctor to take out her uterus. She physically and psychologically can't care for a child, but nope.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

sexpig by night posted:

nah, you may have to doctor shop a bit because yea they super can refuse for that reason but I have a couple friends who got their poo poo done and didn't have other surgical needs and all.

It probably is fake because it's just cartoonishly insane and it's on Reddit, though

Back when I was doing trans healthcare referrals it was really loving hard for a dude to get a hysterectomy, even in woke Seattle. I hear there are a few more surgeons willing to do it, but the ghost of ol' hairy benjamin still haunts us.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/ms_creilly/status/1483553821217406978?s=20

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Softboys Stop Telling On Yourself Challenge 2022

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Pththya-lyi posted:

Softboys Stop Telling On Yourself Challenge 2022

Post/avatar ironic combo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

These losers give emotionally-stunted, desperate men a bad name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

teethgrinder posted:

More like pee & poop internet