Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yeah that would be dope. i have so many things keeping me awake at night these days lol

high five emoticon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

Weighted blankets and zinc for me.

thanks for the reminder I'm gonna try that tonight

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sid Vicious posted:

high five emoticon

My 20s was just a trash fire of 3-5 hour nights of sleep strung together with working too much and never being able to sleep when I was actually off work

Late 30s hits and I can sleep whenever, wherever, for however long requested

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

bagmonkey posted:

Gonna request 11 am, next to an airport landing strip, 50 hours

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

bagmonkey posted:

My 20s was just a trash fire of 3-5 hour nights of sleep strung together with working too much and never being able to sleep when I was actually off work

my 20s were cool because ive been on disability for awhile but then i went and had kids and between them and no drugs working for my anxiety and mania, i just gave up

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Gonna request 11 am, next to an airport landing strip, 50 hours

I once slept through lady bagmo banging the bedroom window with a large tree branch because the window is like 7ft up. I fall asleep at parties, slept through Movement beep boop festival in Detroit before, but I am also the person who can stay up 48 hrs+ when needed

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I’m pretty good at sleeping. I wake up maybe once a night for a second, but sleepless nights are pretty rare these days.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Trazodone changed my life. I slept so terribly before I started taking it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sid Vicious posted:

my 20s were cool because ive been on disability for awhile but then i went and had kids and between them and no drugs working for my anxiety and mania, i just gave up

if it wasn't for the power of the pure THC that is coursing through my veins, I'd be in the same boat. Where I'm at w/r/t my super powerful THC blood isn't like long term sustainable, but it's gotten me through the pandemic unscathed and actually better than I entered it, so there's that. 2022 is about charting a new, sustainable path!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

bagmonkey posted:

if it wasn't for the power of the pure THC that is coursing through my veins, I'd be in the same boat. Where I'm at w/r/t my super powerful THC blood isn't like long term sustainable, but it's gotten me through the pandemic unscathed and actually better than I entered it, so there's that. 2022 is about charting a new, sustainable path!

im allergic to cannabinoids now lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sid Vicious posted:

im allergic to cannabinoids now lol

don't worry sid, I'm well on track to joining you lol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Falling asleep at Movement beep boop is impressive. I usually never slept that weekend.

One day I was managing a restaurant downtown and some raver chick in a drug induced manic episode was writing all the dishwashers checks while they were on smoke break lol. She gave away like $2000.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zil posted:

drat, thick ropes ready to fly but your hog can’t lift up the blanket to blast em

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Poohs Packin posted:

Falling asleep at Movement beep boop is impressive. I usually never slept that weekend.

One day I was managing a restaurant downtown and some raver chick in a drug induced manic episode was writing all the dishwashers checks while they were on smoke break lol. She gave away like $2000.

You know Detroit, so I'll say I fell asleep at Oslo once. In my defense, it was 3am and I'd been up since 6am

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

The secret is weed and booze and water fyi

ah drat been trying this haha

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Thats intense. Ive fallen asleep in a carpet remnant warehouse converted into an art space/print shop/apartment and woken up with 2 lafayette coneys places next to my face. I did not buy them.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Poohs Packin posted:

Thats intense. Ive fallen asleep in a carpet remnant warehouse converted into an art space/print shop/apartment and woken up with 2 lafayette coneys places next to my face. I did not buy them.

I'd marry a motherfucker on the spot if that happened, regardless. Divorce isnt off the table but the principal stands!!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
my brains are going insane right now because I made the mistake of filing my antidepressant prescription at the place that is striking and it took 3 tries to get the new place to tell me they refuse to transfer because my old pharmacy is striking. great my psychiatrist that takes weeks to get a hold of now has to file a new prescription with a new place. I rationed my last 4 over 8 days but i am brain fog as gently caress now 3 days out from that

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Aardvark! posted:

my brains are going insane right now because I made the mistake of filing my antidepressant prescription at the place that is striking and it took 3 tries to get the new place to tell me they refuse to transfer because my old pharmacy is striking. great my psychiatrist that takes weeks to get a hold of now has to file a new prescription with a new place. I rationed my last 4 over 8 days but i am brain fog as gently caress now 3 days out from that

omg this is hosed up i am so sorry youre going through this, if i could shoot SSRIs through the internet theyd be on their way

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

oh gently caress buddy, hope you can get your meds soon. is there no emergency number you can call for your psych?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Pharmacists are on strike now????

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

While Im all for striking, a pharmacy striking doesnt really seem like it would hurt production nearly as much as it would the people who rely on it for meds. :psyduck:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Every day is a miracle

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Local grocery store chain is on strike. I could go pick up my prescription but I can't make myself break a picket line. The pharm techs are also on strike apparently.

I didn't think transferring it would be a big issue but it took multiple tries to get a condescending call about not breaking picket lines and like, lol, why the gently caress do you think I'm transferring my prescription??????

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

okay my wife said she is stealing my phone because im addicted to the internet ttyl veryone love you

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sid Vicious posted:

okay my wife said she is stealing my phone because im addicted to the internet ttyl veryone love you

good night sid

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Remember Every One

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Every day is a miracle

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Quick snack before dinner, inspired by Smugworth

good looking meat stick op, I got a bag of em from Iowa in my fridge right this very minute

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Zil posted:

Never heard of zinc for sleeping before. Is that for if you have a zinc deficiency or is it just generally good for promoting sleep?

Or is it just for the ropes?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Every day is a miracle

truly

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Aardvark! posted:

Local grocery store chain is on strike. I could go pick up my prescription but I can't make myself break a picket line.

if you can actually go pick it up you should and you shouldn't feel bad about it

even the people picketing would understand if you explained it's the only way to get your brain pills right now

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Wear a Karl Marx tshirt OR Groucho Marx disguise

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Never heard of zinc for sleeping before. Is that for if you have a zinc deficiency or is it just generally good for promoting sleep?

Or is it just for the ropes?

If you shoot mad ropes you usually sleep better afterwards

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Aardvark! posted:

Local grocery store chain is on strike. I could go pick up my prescription but I can't make myself break a picket line. The pharm techs are also on strike apparently.

I didn't think transferring it would be a big issue but it took multiple tries to get a condescending call about not breaking picket lines and like, lol, why the gently caress do you think I'm transferring my prescription??????

I appreciate your ethics but you are hurting yourself. I dont think that is the intention for the strikers.

Worst case scenario you cant get your pills you can take St John's Wort or DHEA (NOT from soy or wild yam). It absolutely is not a replacement for legit SSRIs but it might be able to tide you over for a short term.

They have shown to have some mood improvement in people but there needs to be longer and more studies done for more data.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Oh, also omega3s but that is more long term and again, not a replacement

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Tip posted:

if you can actually go pick it up you should and you shouldn't feel bad about it

even the people picketing would understand if you explained it's the only way to get your brain pills right now

Agreed

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Worst case scenario you cant get your pills you can take St John's Wort or DHEA (NOT from soy or wild yam). It absolutely is not a replacement for legit SSRIs but it might be able to tide you over for a short term.

They have shown to have some mood improvement in people but there needs to be longer and more studies done for more data.

Just discovering that this is a real plant and the "St. Jahn's Wort" plant in Elder Scrolls is just a bastardized spelling instead of a completely made up name.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Meme Poker Party posted:

Just discovering that this is a real plant and the "St. Jahn's Wort" plant in Elder Scrolls is just a bastardized spelling instead of a completely made up name.

Lol I never noticed that until you just wrote it out

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Meme Poker Party posted:

Ive taken it occasionally around the holidays for the blues and it helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

It also is super East to grow and great alternative to a grass lawn