Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Barudak posted:

It is not, as it was part of teh aforementioned last game to not release on PC

Gotcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Get a pc and play the 6-8 sony games that come out this gen on it in 2-3 years when they port them
I already have an xbox though (pc with gamepass counts as an xbox)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im glad i sold my xb1 and got a pc cause i played a bunch of great games that still arent on console this year but i dont want to harsh your buzz on this red letter day so do you

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

You could pay for seven JWSTs with just one Activision.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

The Grey posted:

Found this.
does blizzard not own rock n' roll racing i would play a new one

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Microsoft should release a 4 person coop shooter where all the levels and characters are from their IPs

butt dickus posted:

does blizzard not own rock n' roll racing i would play a new one

They do.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Pretty nice backwards compatibility sale on the xbox store, I picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $2.24 and Red Dead Redemption 1 for $9.89. I also decided to throw $4 at finding out how bad the OLD Prey is.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Pretty nice backwards compatibility sale on the xbox store, I picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $2.24 and Red Dead Redemption 1 for $9.89. I also decided to throw $4 at finding out how bad the OLD Prey is.

They're still selling Prey 2006? I'm pretty sure that got pulled for sale from Steam a while ago!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's half decent... for an xbox 360 fps.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I took the advice and went over to the Playstation thread, "I hate CoD games and have never played one but Microsoft would never make CoD an Xbox exclusive"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DE on 360 is the only version that doesnt come pre-hosed up now, although on pc you can mod

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I found the 360 version of Prey to be a much lesser experience (like Quake 4 was).

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Whos left there from the glory days that ddidnt leave to escape the support studio grind?
Raven's had a bunch of exoduses over the years. The ones that come to mind are 1997-ish after they sold to Activision (which led to the founding of Human Head, which fell apart recently and kinda-sorta became Roundhouse Studios over at Bethesda) and a big pile of layoffs in 2009-2010 after the double-whammy of Wolfenstein 2009 underperforming and Singularity escaping development hell with all the scars it entails. I know the two founders, the Raffel brothers, are still there, and a quick scan of Mobygames suggests that as recently as Blops 4 there were still a bunch of folks from the Quake 4 era... dunno about anything newer, though.

Twerk from Home posted:

They're still selling Prey 2006? I'm pretty sure that got pulled for sale from Steam a while ago!
It's a long story, but it was pulled from Steam because they ran out of CD Keys and can't generate any more. The 360 version naturally doesn't need a CD Key, so it continues to roam the Earth.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

The Kins posted:

Raven's had a bunch of exoduses over the years. The ones that come to mind are 1997-ish after they sold to Activision (which led to the founding of Human Head, which fell apart recently and kinda-sorta became Roundhouse Studios over at Bethesda) and a big pile of layoffs in 2009-2010 after the double-whammy of Wolfenstein 2009 underperforming and Singularity escaping development hell with all the scars it entails. I know the two founders, the Raffel brothers, are still there, and a quick scan of Mobygames suggests that as recently as Blops 4 there were still a bunch of folks from the Quake 4 era... dunno about anything newer, though.

It's a long story, but it was pulled from Steam because they ran out of CD Keys and can't generate any more. The 360 version naturally doesn't need a CD Key, so it continues to roam the Earth.

Quake 4 wasn't the best game but the scene where you get stoggified ruled, still remember it exactly.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So going by this trend, MS is going to buy EA in like 2-3 years?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

dr_rat posted:

EA play is already on gamepass so maybe no point. But hey why not buy em all

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

dr_rat posted:

more like 2-3 months

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Kins posted:

One of those Prey CD keys is mine, I liked Prey along with Quake 4, but that's from an era when console ports of shooters were much further behind the PC releases than they are now.

I guess at least we aren't talking about the Xbox port of Doom 3, that was a real mess.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Lammasu posted:

So I took the advice and went over to the Playstation thread, "I hate CoD games and have never played one but Microsoft would never make CoD an Xbox exclusive"

It’s really funny OP

The top 2 selling games on PlayStation for 2021 were cod titles lamo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just realized Microsoft now owns a kart racing series they can turn into their own IP mess. Watch out Mario Kart 9

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Twerk from Home posted:

One of those Prey CD keys is mine, I liked Prey along with Quake 4, but that's from an era when console ports of shooters were much further behind the PC releases than they are now.

I guess at least we aren't talking about the Xbox port of Doom 3, that was a real mess.

Doom 3 port is a technical marvel. Are you sure you don't mean Half-Life 2? That was a wretched port.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Prediction: Valve is gonna buy the steamworld guys :mmmhmm:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

kri kri posted:

It’s really funny OP
The top 2 selling games on PlayStation for 2021 were cod titles lamo
"I don't X therefore Y is no big deal" is one of the funniest copes

I'm not really gonna refund my PS5, I'm sure the multimillion selling console company with GOTY producing studios will do just fine. But to pretend CoD possibly not being on the platform is nbd is some pretty amazing mental gymnastics

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The big guy at the end of the ice chapter of gears is legit one of the worst boss fights I have done in as long as I can remember. Wtf where they thinking making a boss that takes like 15 minutes to kill and then making every one of his attacks a 1 hit kill? I’ve died like 10 times on this because at some point there is always a bad camera angle or ice pillar that prevents me from rolling out of the way and I have to start the entire thing over.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

veni veni veni posted:

The big guy at the end of the ice chapter of gears is legit one of the worst boss fights I have done in as long as I can remember. Wtf where they thinking making a boss that takes like 15 minutes to kill and then making every one of his attacks a 1 hit kill? I’ve died like 10 times on this because at some point there is always a bad camera angle or ice pillar that prevents me from rolling out of the way and I have to start the entire thing over.

It's one of those fights where I feel like I could do a better job of winning using my own human body and abilities rather than a powerful video game character's.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
maybe Sony will work on putting out as many as four games in a year now that their feet are being held to the fire

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Cloks posted:

maybe Sony will work on putting out as many as four games in a year now that their feet are being held to the fire

There are more than four this year.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Horizon, GT7....................... Ragnarok assuming that's not delayed and....

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

American McGay posted:

Horizon, GT7....................... Ragnarok assuming that's not delayed and....

Forspoken. Ghostwire. Stray. Sifu looks good. Babylon's Fall looks very bad.

Forspoken is my hot tip for shittest major game of the year. It will be worse than Days Gone.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought people like days gone? Never played it because modern zombie media is dull as dirt but I heard the actual game was sound

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm hype for Stray. Is that just console exclusive aka is it coming out on PC too?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

is this the one where you gotta shoot the ice to break it so it falls in then you shoot it in the back?

cos yeah thats right where I gave the gently caress up. that sequence should not take 10+ rounds of freeze/shoot in the back. its entirely un fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cloks posted:

Right?!?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hatty posted:

I thought people like days gone? Never played it because modern zombie media is dull as dirt but I heard the actual game was sound

Some loud likers say it's good. I got it off PS collection and ehhhh. It wasn't a very good game.

American McGay posted:

I'm hype for Stray. Is that just console exclusive aka is it coming out on PC too?

Stray is PC too. So is Sifu I think, it looks rad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Days Gone is a ton of fun. It’s a little sloppy for a big Sony game but I had a great time with it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hatty posted:

It launched in terrible shape and bears some ugly narrative and pacing scars to this day but it became a post launch support darling and being on sale like immediately for years made it a huge hit with like 7 million sales. Still an embarrassing game for sony execs and they got rid of the guy in charge over the insanely bad launch and wouldnt let him make another.
All in all its fun but for being 20 hrs too long

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Have Bend make a new Syphon Filter you loving cowards. Not an open world one!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

It launched in terrible shape and bears some ugly narrative and pacing scars to this day but it became a post launch support darling and being on sale like immediately for years made it a huge hit with like 7 million sales. Still an embarrassing game for sony execs and they got rid of the guy in charge over the insanely bad launch and wouldnt let him make another.
All in all its fun but for being 20 hrs too long

Turns out the game director they sacked juked those stats lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

Doom 3 was something of a technical marvel that they got it to fit on the OG Xbox hardware at all, and it had a co-op mode the PC version didn't have! Pity it's not on Xbone back-compat. It's playable on the 360's back-compat but with crashes after a period of time due to some memory leak somewhere.

JBP posted:

Stray is PC too. So is Sifu I think, it looks rad.
Stray has a Steam page, while Sifu is over on Epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
That new Game Pass game, Nobody Saves The World, is a ton of fun. Game Pass may be the best money I’ve spent in a lifetime gaming, with my kids surviving a harsh winter lockdown by playing some of the best kiddie indies available.