Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Starting to feel like Amazon told them to pitch 6 spinoffs and then bought them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
When do we get THE GIRLS ?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

The Men

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The Enbies (it's Bojack horseman but there are no cis characters)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Are they back in town yet or is that not for another season?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

christmas boots posted:

Are they back in town yet or is that not for another season?

Yeah. They all went out for a cold one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Now I just want to larp.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
3rd of June.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7n5zDm_9pw

March 8th

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I see they slipped in Jack from Jupiter.

And……Ironhide?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Always up for more laser baby.

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
Seems kind of obnoxious. I wish it was the real show in march. :(

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

March 4th.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Asking in here because I want opinions from fans of The Boyz: how is Peacemaker so far? The only “Bad Santa Superhero” stuff I’ve really ever enjoyed is this show, Invincible, and the Harley Quinn cartoon on HBO (is really good!) and I’ve never watched any suicide squad movies or read their books. Mystery Men is one of the best movies of the 90’s and I love dark superhero humor, but I don’t wanna resub to HBO Max if it’s just, like, toilet humor. I have literally no idea what to expect because DC has no cohesive vision for its properties AFAICT. Say whatever you want about Marvel’s homogenization, you know exactly what you’re gonna get every time. With DC its just totally random if you get something like Mask of the Phantasm or straight to DVD fan fiction tier trash.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I'm not going to watch it until the season is over, but I've heard from every corner that it's great. It is a spin-off from the latest suicide squad movie, which was really funny and well done and actually coherent.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Looks like you can watch the Peacemaker pilot for free, no registration required: https://www.hbomax.com/watch-free/peacemaker-s1-e1

What you see is what you get. If you like the pilot then I think you'll like the 6 episodes that have aired so far.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Peacemaker is good. I don't think it's quite as good as The Boys, and it's definitely not aiming for the same satirical mark, but I think if you like The Boys you'll like Peacemaker.

Also, don't worry about not having seen the Suicide Squad movies, there's really very little overlap, and the show opens with a "Previously on The Suicide Squad" bit that tells you everything you need to know (which really isn't much).

It's also very James Gunn. Outside of TSS, there are some bits that are clearly echoes of Slither, Super, and even Dawn of the Dead.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Asking in here because I want opinions from fans of The Boyz: how is Peacemaker so far? The only “Bad Santa Superhero” stuff I’ve really ever enjoyed is this show, Invincible, and the Harley Quinn cartoon on HBO (is really good!) and I’ve never watched any suicide squad movies or read their books. Mystery Men is one of the best movies of the 90’s and I love dark superhero humor, but I don’t wanna resub to HBO Max if it’s just, like, toilet humor. I have literally no idea what to expect because DC has no cohesive vision for its properties AFAICT. Say whatever you want about Marvel’s homogenization, you know exactly what you’re gonna get every time. With DC its just totally random if you get something like Mask of the Phantasm or straight to DVD fan fiction tier trash.

It's really fantastic. I wasn't quite sold on John Cena in The Suicide Squad, but he's killing it here. It's really funny, got real heart, decent action. The only thing is whether you're into James Gunn's type of shock gore and willingness to kill off good characters.

It's also a direct sequel to The Suicide Squad and directly deals with Peacemakers actions there so I'd definitely watch that first because the first episode basically spoils the whole movie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thundercracker posted:

It's really fantastic. I wasn't quite sold on John Cena in The Suicide Squad, but he's killing it here. It's really funny, got real heart, decent action. The only thing is whether you're into James Gunn's type of shock gore and willingness to kill off good characters.

It's also a direct sequel to The Suicide Squad and directly deals with Peacemakers actions there so I'd definitely watch that first because the first episode basically spoils the whole movie.

They retool his character in a good way for the show. Or maybe it just works better in the show's context.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Peacemaker has been very fun. Cena really shines.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I haven’t checked out Peacemaker yet buy you should at least watch the new Suicide Squad. It’s an extremely James Gunn movie and that’s basically all I want from anything ever.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The suicide squad movie was pretty great, and the peacemaker series is basically more of the same. Cena has a surprising range.

Also, eagly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The suicide squad movie was pretty great, and the peacemaker series is basically more of the same. Cena has a surprising range.

Is this Gunn's actual gift? Pulling really good actors out of ex-wrestlers? I honestly hope we see more of the Cenaissance.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

The_Doctor posted:

Is this Gunn's actual gift? Pulling really good actors out of ex-wrestlers? I honestly hope we see more of the Cenaissance.

Most of the career wrestlers are effectively theater actors that work out a shitload. Their career is spent in a ring, half of it playing a character, the other half doing stunts.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

They retool his character in a good way for the show. Or maybe it just works better in the show's context.

I don't want to spoil TSS too much, but within his role in the movie they really couldn't do more with him. But even just watching his expression in the third act you could easily believe how that directly leads to his character arc in Peacemaker.

And the show is great at that as well. Not only showing how TSS was an incitement to self awareness and change, but also how he became Peacemaker in the first place.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 9, 2022

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Also gonna throw in a quick thumbs-up for Peacemaker. I really didn't care much for the character in TSS, but he's so much more in the show.

But the real reason why I'm posting: New Diabolical trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE0OhFAQ__Y

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

That looks absolutely savage.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Interesting that one appears to straight up be the comic.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
With Simon Pegg as Hughie.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Some of that animation reminds me of Aachi & Ssipak.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

FilthyImp posted:

When do we get THE GIRLS ?

You mean that comic about the aliens that take the form of naked women and lay eggs that turn into more aliens, after getting...fertilized by humans? :stonk: You really want a live action version of that?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't that just called Species?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10573539/The-Boys-actor-Anthony-Starr-arrested-working-new-Guy-Ritchie-film.html

Anthony Starr got drunk and beat a chef up

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So he’s just playing himself but with superpowers

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What a POS.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

christmas boots posted:

So he’s just playing himself but with superpowers

:hmmyes:

Bathuel claimed Starr had gone on to threaten him in English, telling him: 'You don’t know who you’ve messed with, you don’t know who I am and what you’ve done.

'You’ve committed the mistake of your life and I’m going to look for you. I want to kill you.'

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

loving method actors.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A loud, drunken new zealander? :monocle: My word!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Let he who has not assaulted kitchen staff cast the first stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
he can do whatever he wants tho.