Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

noooo you don't understand it's part of the experience, you need to be miserable running into stacks all day long as a solo or it's not real tarkov

TBF it is nice wiping them but it's just so much effort lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

one time a dude was following me around with his gun ADS for a while, I assumed he was going to shoot me but wanted me to get antsy and shoot first. I didn't have anything on me (didn't even spawn with a backpack lol) and eventually a PMC shot both him and me so good job wasting your time dude.

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
Alright well I've always been curious about this, and the singleplayer mod looks positively fascinating and like an excellent way to kill some free time. Are there any particular mods that really stand out as must-haves for SPT, especially in terms of just QOL stuff? I can't say I really know much about the game, so I figure I probably shouldn't get too crazy with modding every second thing.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Inverted Sphere posted:

Alright well I've always been curious about this, and the singleplayer mod looks positively fascinating and like an excellent way to kill some free time. Are there any particular mods that really stand out as must-haves for SPT, especially in terms of just QOL stuff? I can't say I really know much about the game, so I figure I probably shouldn't get too crazy with modding every second thing.

Starting to feel like the SPT salesman in this thread since I don't play live anymore.

You'll probably want to set up the current version and get a little familiar with it. It's easy as hell to install and mess around with adding and removing mods and changing settings. They're currently working on the new version that will have lighthouse, dailies, etc. but it'll most likely be a few weeks to a month.

Their discord is pretty cool to lurk and watch how they make SPT. Pretty sure they're always looking for mature people that can do whatever computer poo poo they do to contribute. They also ask if anyone wants to risk their account and do a live dump of raid data which would help them speed up the dev process a lot but may/will get your BSG account banned. Or dumps of lists of completed quest lines and maxed traders, no risk in doing this.

Here's my post from earlier. In addition to the ones listed below, I'd add Hideout Architect and maybe Andrudis's QoL and Quest Maniac mods if you want to add more quests.

NJersey posted:

Yea I agree the AmmoStats mod is another must have and should be in live.

KMC Server Value Modifier is an absolute must have too. It also pretty much replaces a bunch of other mods. This is just one page of the options you can choose. You can save multiple versions too for easy comparing different settings to get it just how you want it.

I don't think there is a mod to add queues though...

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

my life...my life for youuuu

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

reminder that the australian royal navy adopted the Steyr as well and they named it the Austeyr lol

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Battle State really picks... odd guns to add into the game? I really, really want the G3 and all sorts of pistols like a large revolver.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Babe Magnet posted:

reminder that the australian royal navy adopted the Steyr as well and they named it the Austeyr lol

No, thats the regular ADF.

Lithgow F88 Austeyr
also now the EF88 and F90 'modernised' versions

In reality, they've moved on to the HK 416 now, so the RAN is the only one to really use it these days

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

They need to put weapon melees in the game before they add a big wheel gun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX0MB7pJtKs

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Babe Magnet posted:

all services adopted it, they had to make some changes for local conditions too

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I will try to next time remember to shout that who the gently caress is incoming before blasting their rear end. Maybe the PMC's don't want to murder me instantly either? A weird thought, after having been conditioned for years that they're all out there to kill you.

Anyways, I guess I need to buy an another junkbox. I got to lvl8 yesterday and one ia full already :(

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

so I was about 20% right, good enough for me lol

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

I really, really want the G3 and all sorts of pistols like a large revolver.

they showed off a finished model of a Chiappa Rhino (lol) like five years ago and haven't mentioned it since I believe

if we're talking wish-list guns I'd like a FAMAS or something wacky like a Bizon

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 19, 2022

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Inverted Sphere posted:

My must haves are the bigger keytool and any of the all in ones, like the KMC server modifier mentioned earlier to specifically do things like remove the scav timer and hideout construction times etc. The random loose loot generator is a good addition too, as the default occurrence of loose loot is p low.

I also particularly like zicoman's ai config, which is just pre-configured settings for its two dependencies, finn's ai tweaks and lua's spawn rework. All together, it adds new scav and pmc spawns to the maps to shake expectations up and changes up what gear pmcs spawn with to add more variety, in addition to the AI changes generally making enemies a little more challenging. finn's also comes with a GUI so making your own tweaks on top of zico's fairly easy once you get a feel for what you want to change.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Ihmemies posted:

I will try to next time remember to shout that who the gently caress is incoming before blasting their rear end. Maybe the PMC's don't want to murder me instantly either? A weird thought, after having been conditioned for years that they're all out there to kill you.

Anyways, I guess I need to buy an another junkbox. I got to lvl8 yesterday and one ia full already :(

One time on factory I sensed someone behind a closed door (med tent extract) shuffling around and reloading. I yelled 'Why the blep are you camping FACTORY" and he said he was just loading sniper magazines for sniping skill. I say "COMING THRU POSTMAN PAT" and extracted, he was a naked dude with a m700.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Someone caught me mag drilling at the southern gate behind the first door so I could be sure I hit the minimum time (I had two kills but am always paranoid of run-throughs on Factory). He decided to push me even after I said I would extract, and I ended up popping his head with ~2sec left on my clock when he peeked some barrels with his flashlight on. I wish I'd pushed back to take his tag but I had no idea I'd killed him :v:

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 20, 2022

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I still haven't done my first task from the trader Paparazzi/Papa Zulu/whatever his name is.

Because I'm scared. :ohdear:

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Orv posted:

Everyone should probably be aware of this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2__zixgD2nM

TL;DR - They screwed up (dramatically increased) the falloff on almost every decent round in the game, as well as making them drastically less penetrative.
Fixed: https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1483908568214614016

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

With RTX 3080 my gpu usage was like 40-45%. FPS was around 50-60, 8700K. Upgraded to 12700K and now FPS is 90-100fps. GPU usage is maybe 70-80%? I have to look at the CPU & memory settings and see if I can eke out more performance. But clearly Tarkov is very CPU limited.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

if we're talking wish-list guns I'd like a FAMAS or something wacky like a Bizon

The PP-19 Vityaz is already the Bizon, more or less; they share the same PP-19 designation. There are some differences between the two but the only major one is the magazine; and it turns out the Bizon's helical mag was absolute dogshit that was a huge pain to load and would jam constantly and was expensive to manufacture. I have to assume that if they were going to add the helical mag they'd have done it already; and that it would suffer the same drawbacks as the real thing, so nobody would use it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I don't like that they made quad stacks and up jam more often AND took the STANAGs off the Flea while leaving them as part of Gunsmith. I found mine in the wild but what dumb set of decisions.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

aniviron posted:

The PP-19 Vityaz is already the Bizon, more or less; they share the same PP-19 designation. There are some differences between the two but the only major one is the magazine; and it turns out the Bizon's helical mag was absolute dogshit that was a huge pain to load and would jam constantly and was expensive to manufacture. I have to assume that if they were going to add the helical mag they'd have done it already; and that it would suffer the same drawbacks as the real thing, so nobody would use it.

This would kind of be totally awesome and I'd probably use it anyway.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah there's a ton of ineffective but cool stuff in the game already, I'd use it

I would much prefer the FAMAS though lol

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I died twice a day ago and I got all of my insured stuff back. Nice. First some scac sniped me at customs, two tapped thorax nearly instantly. Players are never that good at shooting. Another time a player killed me in Customs but I got to keep everything too. Who knows. Maybe he bled out and died after our combat too.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

I died twice a day ago and I got all of my insured stuff back. Nice. First some scac sniped me at customs, two tapped thorax nearly instantly. Players are never that good at shooting. Another time a player killed me in Customs but I got to keep everything too. Who knows. Maybe he bled out and died after our combat too.

Players are most definitely that good at shooting, you just haven't run into them yet, but you will. Also, if you die to an AI scav and it's pretty late in the map or you died in an out of the way area, chances are you'll get all your gear back, as AI scavs cannot extract off the map and thus cannot steal your poo poo. They can loot your guns, but that ironically makes it more likely that you'll get them back, as other player scavs are less likely to kill them for their stuff

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I was in one of the warehouses in Customs. Upstairs with a window to the large yard to east, with the Unknown key hut. On the eastern side of the map. I had seen a scav there before and I wanted to look at if I could spot him and snipe with my 4x scope. Well he saw me first and 2 tapped me before I had time to react or do anything. I died upstairs in the office room.

2nd time I died to a player in some bush, we had kind of a long firefight and he kept following me around Customs and I tried to shoot him (with my 4x loving scope again). 4x is too long for Customs, really. Well I kind of learned my lesson since I died twice with the 4x - but kind of not, since I got all of my stuff back both times........

Anyways, now Tarkov feels really enjoyable when it runs smooth. I use the 2.25X Nvidia DLDSR resolution so the game renders at pseudo-3840x2160 and downscales to 2560x1440px. 90-100fps and GPU usage around 80-90%. I'll have to figure out if I can somehow still increase the fps and get GPU usage to 100%.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

I was in one of the warehouses in Customs. Upstairs with a window to the large yard to east, with the Unknown key hut. On the eastern side of the map. I had seen a scav there before and I wanted to look at if I could spot him and snipe with my 4x scope. Well he saw me first and 2 tapped me before I had time to react or do anything. I died upstairs in the office room.

2nd time I died to a player in some bush, we had kind of a long firefight and he kept following me around Customs and I tried to shoot him (with my 4x loving scope again). 4x is too long for Customs, really. Well I kind of learned my lesson since I died twice with the 4x - but kind of not, since I got all of my stuff back both times........

Anyways, now Tarkov feels really enjoyable when it runs smooth. I use the 2.25X Nvidia DLDSR resolution so the game renders at pseudo-3840x2160 and downscales to 2560x1440px. 90-100fps and GPU usage around 80-90%. I'll have to figure out if I can somehow still increase the fps and get GPU usage to 100%.

How do you use DLDSR on tarkov? I was cruising through the graphic settings the other day and didn't see anything about that

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

The old school Nvidia Control Panel has Global 3D settings and a tab for game specific 3D settings. From the global 3D settings tab you find the DSR section. There you have traditional DSR and Deep learning DSR settings.

When you enable some DSR modes, nvidia creates a custom resolution for selected DSR modes.

Then you fire up the game and select the custom resolution. I have a 2560x1440 display, but the Nvidia Control Panel DSR setting created a 3840x2160 custom resolution. Deep Learning algorithms do some dark magic and produce a nicer looking image, when it first stretches a X*Y resolution image to 4K, filling the missing pixels with DL magic, and then downscales it to 2560x1440px. :D I really don't know how it works, it just seems to work well.

You can separately adjust the DSR "sharpness" from the same global 3D tab.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 20, 2022

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.
I've determined that the risks never outweigh the positives when it comes to scavs near exits... trust no one, shoot first.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
My weekly task is a Find and Transfer but the items are random and not craftable. Is it usual to have items that are so unreliable to acquire?

They are:

- Wilcox Skull Lock head mount x4 (I think sniper scavs spawn with these at night)
- Hazard4 Pillbox backpack x5 (almost never find scavs with these)
- GP-7 gas mask x5 (also fairly uncommon)

Seems difficult to do this outside of getting very lucky.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

My weekly task is a Find and Transfer but the items are random and not craftable. Is it usual to have items that are so unreliable to acquire?

They are:

- Wilcox Skull Lock head mount x4 (I think sniper scavs spawn with these at night)

if you're intent on finding those items i'd scav religiously on reserve. those are indeed all pretty random but probably doable. i definitely saw a few of those gas masks yesterday. and the pillbox isn't that uncommon as a pscav

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

They are:

That's a big ol' skip from me

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

hello internet posted:

That's a big ol' skip from me

yep, that's defs going in the 'find something better to do with life' pile

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

pnutz posted:

yep, that's defs going in the 'find something better to do with life' pile

Yeah those skull locks only drop from some sniper scavs at night and only if they fall from their perch so you can loot them, so theres no way you’ll find four of them in a week.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
That's a raw weekly. Mine currently is kill 10 scavs with f1 grenades.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
^^^^^^Last week i had to find 4 FIR purified water. Luckily I have the water collecter 3 set up otherwise i think it would be literally impossible. Don't think I have ever found one in raid.

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah those skull locks only drop from some sniper scavs at night and only if they fall from their perch so you can loot them, so theres no way you’ll find four of them in a week.

Pretty sure i've found one on the wood's sniper scav who is accessible. Not sure about the Custom's one that spawns at the checkpoint.

Orv
May 4, 2011
This is starting to become a habit with me. I don't play the game for months, many months and I do my first scav run back and I find this guy one tap clapped to the head literally two feet away from Industrial Zone Gate.

Last time it was finding three PMCs who had died to Glukhar. This assures I will have bad luck for my next eighty scav runs.

Really, really don't like how the turning with inertia feels at all.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

^^^^^^Last week i had to find 4 FIR purified water. Luckily I have the water collecter 3 set up otherwise i think it would be literally impossible. Don't think I have ever found one in raid.

Pretty sure i've found one on the wood's sniper scav who is accessible. Not sure about the Custom's one that spawns at the checkpoint.

ihe only one I've ever found was from the woods sniper scav on the top of the rocks when he fell down to the ground. This was before the map was updated, is that position accessible now?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Orv posted:

Really, really don't like how the turning with inertia feels at all.

I am an old slow player who liked Heavy tanks in wot back when they had only German and Russian heavy trees. So yes as slow as possible thanks. I have never survived better than this wipe. It is incredible, actually.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Bucnasti posted:

ihe only one I've ever found was from the woods sniper scav on the top of the rocks when he fell down to the ground. This was before the map was updated, is that position accessible now?

Yep you can easily go up sniper mountain now with the woods expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Yep you can easily go up sniper mountain now with the woods expansion.

Well in that case, the quest might be doable. I have no idea what the rate of that guy having the item as I've only looted him twice and got the lock one of those times.