Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Very final moment of the very final scene - was that the Mandalorian musical sting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Very final moment of the very final scene - was that the Mandalorian musical sting?

Yes

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
I'm confused. How exactly did Bib Fortuna double-cross Fett?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Fukken A

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This really should've been the first episode or second at the latest. At the very least it lays down his very basic motivation to become a crimelord: because they are terrible leaders and stupid while I am very smart. :ironicat:

I have plenty of credits. I just need muscle. If only I could exchange these worthless credits for goods and or services. I am Boba Fett: extremely smart crimelord.
Fennec also told him offhand that the biker gang definitely didn't slaughter the Tusken camp but he's just gonna murderize the entire biker gang anyway.

Boba is a living Dunning-Kruger effect and he is hilarious to watch.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dave Syndrome posted:

Shrug?

Anyway, now I want an alternate take on that scene with Bib where he's like "Boba! I...I thought you were dead. By the way, someone broke in here and stole your ship last week and--[PEW]"

E: Oh, it's probably because Bib just kind of... kept Slave-I in his garage for like three years. Which, again, not entirely sure how that counts as a double cross because Bib legit thought Boba was dead, but something something protagonist centered morality, what ya gonna do?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jan 19, 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The United States posted:

Fennec also told him offhand that the biker gang definitely didn't slaughter the Tusken camp but he's just gonna murderize the entire biker gang anyway.

I said it before - Boba is not a smart man.

I was really expecting him to circle back and "question" any survivors of the biker gang.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Did she though? Seemed like she was just expressing incredulity that they did, even though we saw all the Tusken tents spray painted with the bike gang's symbol so we know they did indeed murder the poo poo out of everyone.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

nine-gear crow posted:

Shrug?

Anyway, now I want an alternate take on that scene with Bib where he's like "Boba! I...I thought you were dead. By the way, someone broke in here and stole your ship last week and--[PEW]"

"Also, my rat catcher droid said you introduced yourself to him by name!"

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

I think shes just implying that someone is behind the gang, not that they're just loving around with Tuskens because Boba beat them up and took their...OLD bikes.

More like someone was upset for loving up their train and taking their spice. The Pyke Syndicate in Clone Wars were pretty bad dudes and for a second I was worried they were softened here.

Also, gently caress the gang anyway for terrorizing farmers and Toshi Station slackers.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Rewatching The Mandalorian S2, why didn't Boba ever bother to actually learn the Tusken's language? Din managed it at some point. Probably would have helped sell it a bit more that a long time had passed.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
On the other hand:

Max Rebo confirmed!

A wookiee ripping a person's arm out of their socket!

I don't need much to be happy.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Rewatching The Mandalorian S2, why didn't Boba ever bother to actually learn the Tusken's language? Din managed it at some point. Probably would have helped sell it a bit more that a long time had passed.

at this point it's canonical that boba is kind of a moron

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

at this point it's canonical that boba is kind of a moron

Which is why I had to laugh at Boba's quote in this episode: "We're smarter than them."

Aurebesh time!

Sorry, it's small and very dark.

Can anyone make sense of the writing to the right of the door of the mod clinic?
If I decipher it correctly, it says "UPRELT", but that makes no sense to me.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

Fun episode even though it was mostly spinning its wheels, but I did burst out laughing when I remembered we have a grandpa and tiny grandma beating up huge aliens. Our action stars are getting more and more geriatric.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
The best part of this episode is knowing auralnauts is going to make another dropping the bass video.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Erase the RR episodes but take some of the stuff that works and we got a good show. Boba is pretty drat dumb tho. :lol:

As soon as I saw that yellow hair I knew it was Thundercat. Good for him for getting a part in this - he rules so much!

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

BESKAR GEAR SOLID

Mando approaches the FIRESPRAY. "Kept you waiting, eh old girl?" The guards have been alerted, the alarm has is sounding. Boba: "Fennec, try to remember the basics of CQC!" Fennec easily dispatches the Gamorean guard. Boba: "You're pretty good!"

They played those guards like a god damned fiddle!

I'm hoping that the 'hired muscle' they mention at the end of the episode is a future Mando cameo.

Oh and they are really trying to get good use out of those chrome scooter props. I kinda enjoy the idea that Tattooine has become home to some kinda hipster cyborg modding scene.

What do you think Boba's power level is?

Brass fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 19, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

For those not familiar watch this 2 part series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNCd_ERZvZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-zdIGxOJ4M

Enhanced for ultrawide displays too. :3:

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

Dave Syndrome posted:

Sorry, it's small and very dark.

Can anyone make sense of the writing to the right of the door of the mod clinic?
If I decipher it correctly, it says "UPRELT", but that makes no sense to me.

Umwelt? That's the only 'word' I could come up with that looks like a word. First letter is G/U, second is Q or M, the third letter is 0 or W or O /shrug

I like how Star Wars graffiti is basic as gently caress, they don't have fonts in space??

Edit- holy poo poo, Umwelt is an actual word.

Brass fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 19, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm glad we have a new "Hello there"/"General Kenobi" meme template

Also the rat-catcher droid basically committed suicide and I'm surprised they didn't just turn it back on

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Brass posted:

Umwelt? That's the only 'word' I could come up with that looks like a word. First letter is G/U, second is Q or M, the third letter is 0 or W or O /shrug

I like how Star Wars graffiti is basic as gently caress, they don't have fonts in space??

Edit- holy poo poo, Umwelt is an actual word.

They can't all be Sabine.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

teagone posted:

[edit] Also drat Garsa :allears:

Forget Boba and Fennec, bring on the Book of Garsa Fwip!!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Alan Smithee posted:

Shouldnt he have remembered the Jawas

I'm giving this one a pass since he was partially digested and suffering from double sun heat stroke, actually.

I wonder if the people griping that he's too nice and friendly will be somewhat mollified by him wiping out two dozen swoop gangers with an air strike.

Gonz posted:

Sarlaac defeated by the power of Bass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LblnJWOdoKY

Iced cream would be a nice treat after that.

I guess Fennec getting a robot colon explains how Maul poops.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I feel like Fennec tried to explain how negotiations work to Boba and he sort of got it in that sit down, but really rushed backing down from the initial, 'lets form an alliance' position to the, 'alright, how about you just don't join in, in trying to kill me' compromise position.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I feel like Fennec tried to explain how negotiations work to Boba and he sort of got it in that sit down, but really rushed backing down from the initial, 'lets form an alliance' position to the, 'alright, how about you just don't join in, in trying to kill me' compromise position.

Boba Fett: Centrist Democrat?!?!?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Boba Fett would make a good democratic lawmaker. :downsrim:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm pretty sure that I'd be a better crimes lord from stuff I saw in movies

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sash! posted:

I'm pretty sure that I'd be a better crimes lord from stuff I saw in movies

I'm not even sure what crimes he's supposed to be doing besides taking protection money and tribute from people who are presumably doing crimes.

Which I guess is the way you want it when you're on the crime throne so criticism rescinded.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Otoh a centrist Democrat would never turn down the opportunity to grift for a small business owner at the expense of teens with alternative lifestyles.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dave Syndrome posted:

Did they say it was Bib who double crossed Fett? I thought Fennec said someone else's name and I figured it was the name of the Pyke ringleader who sold out the Tuskens to the Kintan Striders.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

One thing I'm liking about this show is there is a LOT of diegetic music, something was a little thin on the ground in star wars. Before BOBF you could probably count on one hand the number of pieces in live action star wars.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nonsense, he didn't use a drone to airstrike the Kintan Striders, he did it himself.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Did they say it was Bib who double crossed Fett? I thought Fennec said someone else's name and I figured it was the name of the Pyke ringleader who sold out the Tuskens to the Kintan Striders.

Around 15:45
"What's next for you?"
"I'm gonna find my armor. Then I'm gonna kill that bloated pig who double crossed me. Take his throne."

Hard to imagine he's talking about someone else, though I grant you it's not impossible.
But that would mean the show is a lot more devious and subtle than anyone gives it credit for. Somehow, I don't think we're going to sit there at the end of the final episode feeling completely M. Night Shyamalaned and compelled to rewatch the whole thing in order to see it with new eyes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

:gonk:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
more black k, cute rat catcher droid, cyberpunk, and mando crossover teaser. i like it

^^^ rip gonk

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

getting sad about a gonk is like crying about a powerbank with legs

just get another one from Anker or something

okay i would be sad because I love my powerbanks

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

He died doing what he loved

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

so I did notice the rancor and by extension Danny Trejo are earning their keep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dave Syndrome posted:

Around 15:45
"What's next for you?"
"I'm gonna find my armor. Then I'm gonna kill that bloated pig who double crossed me. Take his throne."

Hard to imagine he's talking about someone else, though I grant you it's not impossible.
But that would mean the show is a lot more devious and subtle than anyone gives it credit for. Somehow, I don't think we're going to sit there at the end of the final episode feeling completely M. Night Shyamalaned and compelled to rewatch the whole thing in order to see it with new eyes.

Isn't he talking about Jabba there? He was getting digested when the sail barge blew up, after all.