Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Is getting elected as a Conservative and then defecting easier then getting through Labour's centralized candidate selection processes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Love that our 2 mains parties are so similar members can bounce back and forth so easily. Really says a lot about our choices in this democracy

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Oh now I'm going insane listening to journalists who are incapable of pronouncing Bury

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Wakeford won by .8% of the vote so it could very well be that he thinks his best chances of winning next time are switching to Labour.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

domhal posted:

Is getting elected as a Conservative and then defecting easier then getting through Labour's centralized candidate selection processes?

If you're a left winger, probably.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Majority of 402 from a formerly safe Labour seat, so literally jumping now in the hope people will forget he's a Tory.

Gonna laugh my arse off if Boris ends up winning the VONC by a single vote though.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

domhal posted:

Gonna assume "Is an actual Tory" is +100 points on Akehurst's weird Cosmo quiz for PPCs.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

domhal posted:

One weird trick to bypass the "no supporting parties which ran against Labour in the previous X months" rule.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

When Tories can defect to Labour and be welcomed, and nothing of any note change in their politics, you have to wonder if we even have a Labour party anymore.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Oh now I'm going insane listening to journalists who are incapable of pronouncing Bury

I don't get arsey about outsiders getting the pronunciation of Canning Town wrong and frankly we should be rejecting all these stupid local rules about how place names are pronounced.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
gently caress me I'd forgotten how much I hate the forced laughter at PMQs.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Prole posted:

When Tories can defect to Labour and be welcomed, and nothing of any note change in their politics, you have to wonder if we even have a Labour party anymore.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Prole posted:

It's very reminiscent of the Blair years in that sense.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The new Labour MP has pride of place behind Starmer, sporting a garish Union Jack facemask lmfao

e: lol, makes sense

https://twitter.com/zObscurantist/status/1483770724296888322?s=20

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Keith has certainly had his 'Irish' Ovaltine this morning

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

gently caress me I'd forgotten how much I hate the forced laughter at PMQs.

They don't laugh, they bleat like diseased goats.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

frankly we should be rejecting all these stupid local rules about how place names are pronounced.
Yes, full pronunciation of all vowels and consonants, Hangul style.

Bad news for Southwark. Worse news for Loughborough.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Yet having pressed 'like' on a tweet that was actually a local labour party post mentioning the word 'green' gets you suspended/expelled from the party for supporting another party. (Can't find a link for that now, it was back in 2016 when saying you liked the Foo Fighters in an emphatic manner would get you expelled.)

Also

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...y-a7217376.html

quote:

Woman blocked from joining Labour on basis she tweeted support for Greens
'I'm dismayed that my opinion is being so easily discarded just because I share points of view with other parties on the left,' says Corbyn-supporting Welsh poet Sophie McKeand

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

loving Southwark. Used to work for an IT call centre outsourcing place & one of the clients was Price Waterhouse Cooper (don't want to shock you about how entitled & self-important these cunts were, but it was very) & they'd always get so mad when you'd pronounce it like it's written because you're a poor wee Highland laddie who sees the word & pronounce it like former Scotland international John Wark. So of course you'd always mispronounce it because gently caress it, small victories.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Finally, The Labour Party is back to its original purpose, a parachute for tories.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Loogabarooga has already embraced its silly name

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

loving Southwark. Used to work for an IT call centre outsourcing place & one of the clients was Price Waterhouse Cooper (don't want to shock you about how entitled & self-important these cunts were, but it was very) & they'd always get so mad when you'd pronounce it like it's written because you're a poor wee Highland laddie who sees the word & pronounce it like former Scotland international John Wark. So of course you'd always mispronounce it because gently caress it, small victories.

It particularly annoys me when people pronounce it suthuk, voicing the "th". It was originally "South Wark", the normal erosion of pronunciation turned it into suvvuk, either you accept the erosion or you don't, don't drop a "th" in there just to sound like you're better than the common proles.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I don't get arsey about outsiders getting the pronunciation of Canning Town wrong and frankly we should be rejecting all these stupid local rules about how place names are pronounced.

Featherstonhaugh will rise again

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
its been a while since I've forced myself to watch PMQs and my god if I was an MP i would be dying of embarrassment.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Wait are they not allowed to mention the Royal Family in Parliament? What the heck?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

keep punching joe posted:

Wait are they not allowed to mention the Royal Family in Parliament? What the heck?

I believe not, it's due to all the performative bullshit about it being a separate institution to the monarchy

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

In case someone loses their head

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So can they mention the nonce one or not?

The publicly known nonce one.

forkboy84 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZF6WHetI3E

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

I noticed they're still talking about the 14 new hospitals. Has anyone seen one yet?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Well, I'd like to see ol Boris Johnson wriggle his way out of THIS jam!
*Boris wriggles his way out of the jam easily
Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1483718042949500928?s=21

https://twitter.com/SidewaysShrops/status/1483718670501224451?s=20

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

It’s because if they speak the queen’s name there’s a risk it will unleash her power which has been sealed within the mace.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Johnson seemed back to his usual smarmy oval office self today. I'm hoping that's him misreading the room as opposed to having been given news to cheer himself up.

Good digs from Starmer and Blackford today at least.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Charlotte Nichols decidedly not calling for her mate Christian to face a by-election.

I've never been prouder and more content with my decision to tell the Labour Party to go gently caress itself. Every day they add to the list of things that confirm they're a heap of poo poo. How any of us thought this party was going to be the vehicle to progressive change is embarrassing, isn't it? I mean, hope is one thing...

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Johnson seemed back to his usual smarmy oval office self today. I'm hoping that's him misreading the room as opposed to having been given news to cheer himself up.

Good digs from Starmer and Blackford today at least.

I'll give Kieth a tiny thumbs up for the "Bury South is a Labour seat, Prime Minister" but my god I always forget just how whiny and rubbish his speaking voice is.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly a Labour Party committed to being poo poo is still better than the the Turbononces, even if it's like choosing between a warm poo poo sandwich and a cold one.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'll give Kieth a tiny thumbs up for the "Bury South is a Labour seat, Prime Minister" but my god I always forget just how whiny and rubbish his speaking voice is.

Which is interesting because last week he managed to inflate himself up enough to lose the whiny twinge. I think he needs to do more PMQs drunk.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/StefGotBooted/status/1483779556041535496

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/evolvepolitics/status/1483779373878632450?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
David Davis dropping the "In the name of God, go" bomb, Johnson claiming not to recognise the quote, lol.