Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Read After Burning posted:

I'm assuming a sweepstakes counts as marketing, somewhat:

https://twitter.com/LAYS/status/1480925068549148675?cxt=HHwWhsC-nZ3gpo0pAAAA

...Why?

This is truly the homeopathy of potato chips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Brother Tadger posted:

CRYPTOLAND VIDEO

Is this a Poe’s Law kind of thing or this an actual real scam that exists?

I watched the whole drat thing. There is a sequence where the dude is shown around a rank of pinball machines that are all themed off of famous scams (Ponzi for example) and one of the pinball games is yelling 'IT'S A SCAM IT'S A SCAM' repeatedly so I have my suspicions quite honestly.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

I'm assuming a sweepstakes counts as marketing, somewhat:

https://twitter.com/LAYS/status/1480925068549148675?cxt=HHwWhsC-nZ3gpo0pAAAA

...Why?

So Browns fans can taste sadness along with feeling it in their hearts?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have to double check every time I read "NFL" now to make sure I'm reading it correctly now. Huh.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rondette posted:

I watched the whole drat thing. There is a sequence where the dude is shown around a rank of pinball machines that are all themed off of famous scams (Ponzi for example) and one of the pinball games is yelling 'IT'S A SCAM IT'S A SCAM' repeatedly so I have my suspicions quite honestly.

It's probably fake, but that is something that genuine crypto idiots would do

You know, to make fun of the haters

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Every crypto fanboy I've met is on at least one level of irony.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

flavor.flv posted:

It's probably fake, but that is something that genuine crypto idiots would do

You know, to make fun of the haters

They really did sell IOUs for future plots of land to gullible 'investors' in their discord server.
it seems they at least made an attempt to put it into practice, although not very competently:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jan/16/cryptoland-runs-aground-as-12m-bid-to-buy-fiji-island-for-resort-falls-through

It's unclear whether the people running the whole thing are delusional True Believers who really think they can manage this island, or whether they're in on the grift.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

They really did sell IOUs for future plots of land to gullible 'investors' in their discord server.
it seems they at least made an attempt to put it into practice, although not very competently:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jan/16/cryptoland-runs-aground-as-12m-bid-to-buy-fiji-island-for-resort-falls-through

It's unclear whether the people running the whole thing are delusional True Believers who really think they can manage this island, or whether they're in on the grift.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it starts as one and ends up as the other

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Hand out the koolaid enough, you develop a taste for it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

so they add 5 ounces of plastic football grass to one corner of the 100-acre potato farm

according to carl sagan, this is unnecessary

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/nathanallebach/status/1484170441824555009

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
The whole thing is just a gem

quote:

The orange M&M, who has an anxious personality, will "embrace his true self, worries and all." But the orange M&M's shoe laces will now be tied to represent his cautious nature. According to Mars, the orange M&M is "one of the most relatable characters with Gen-Z," which is the "most anxious generation."

I just keep rereading this paragraph, I don't know if this is the next Pepsi Galaxy, but if it's not it's close.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I’m reminded of some scammy failure of an MMO where the higher backer tiers were virtual plots of land in-game for thousands of dollars and yet somehow that’s still preferable to NFT islands both in terms of cost and environmental impact

And those candy marketers can’t fool me! You watch, they’ll monitor peoples’ complaints about what orange’s “real” character is and adjust accordingly. Outrage doing the market research for them, genius!

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I’m reminded of some scammy failure of an MMO where the higher backer tiers were virtual plots of land in-game for thousands of dollars and yet somehow that’s still preferable to NFT islands both in terms of cost and environmental impact

And those candy marketers can’t fool me! You watch, they’ll monitor peoples’ complaints about what orange’s “real” character is and adjust accordingly. Outrage doing the market research for them, genius!

Are you thinking of Pathfinder Online? Which preemptively banned goons from joining, which of course didn't matter because it never really got anywhere.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Hel posted:

Which preemptively banned goons from joining

drat how? Fitness requirements?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

It was such a mess they never came further than putting up a sign saying "No goons allowed!". But it seemed like the lead was legitimately scared we'd ruin the game by trolling. Some of the people in Trad Games who were more involved might remember more.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

You had to tie your mouse to your wrist and flip it up into your hand.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I can't think of a better way to motivate goons to grief a game.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Lumbermouth posted:

You had to tie your mouse to your wrist and flip it up into your hand.

Definitely not a swift action.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I could care less that the Orange one has tied shows, or that the green M&M is no longer "sexy" and has Dad-esque New Balance sneakers. (though maybe some people DO care? https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/green-mm-mars-wrigley-rebrand-sneakers-slut-1287965/)

But I can't stand the inconsistency.

The Blue and Green M&M have white colored arms and legs, but all the others have sort-of Caucasian colored arms and legs? What's up with that?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I could care less that the Orange one has tied shows, or that the green M&M is no longer "sexy" and has Dad-esque New Balance sneakers. (though maybe some people DO care? https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/green-mm-mars-wrigley-rebrand-sneakers-slut-1287965/)

But I can't stand the inconsistency.

The Blue and Green M&M have white colored arms and legs, but all the others have sort-of Caucasian colored arms and legs? What's up with that?

Those are clothes. You can tell by the pixels.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
The orange one has timbs and blue wears orthos lmao

Anyway they've only made them sexier

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm not sure if I'm just seeing things but it seems like maybe they take the body color, desaturate and tint it heavily white, then use that for the legs/arms? Which would make the cool colors seem more crisp white and the warm colors more ivory

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 15:50 on Jan 21, 2022

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Recently learned of a piece of horrifying Jar Jar Binks merchandise that was released with The Phantom Menace. Must have been an experience to buy this for your child and watch as they press their lips to Jar Jar and start sucking on his tongue.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I will never understand the american need for their candy to have personalities.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah it's weird, but it's just something we all demand, every one of us

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
every american 100% agrees with every stupid marketing push and loves the brands that rule us

edit: Captain Hygiene, I keep thinking you're getting constantly probed with that avatar when scrolling on mobile.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Alhazred posted:

I will never understand the american need for their candy to have personalities.

???

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Anyway they've only made them sexier

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I went into a shop and asked 'what's this candy bar's story'. When the shopkeeper said they didn't understand I set the store on fire in disgust

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I love British bars and candies but goddamn does it suck to turn your delicious Milkybar over and it's all children's puzzles. I'm an adult damnit, give me a sexy cow with intrusive thoughts

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

struggling with imposter syndrome like a skittle in a bowl of m&ms

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

I love British bars and candies but goddamn does it suck to turn your delicious Milkybar over and it's all children's puzzles. I'm an adult damnit, give me a sexy cow with intrusive thoughts

I used to love British chocolates like you

Then I took an Aero to the knee

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Surely America isn't the only country with cartoon candy mascots.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Not if my Pelon Pelo Rico mascot body pillow has anything to say about it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Detective No. 27 posted:

Would think Japan would be all in on that, pretty much everything has a mascot.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

intrusive thots

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Byzantine posted:

intrusive thots

Amazing username.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Brawnfire posted:

I used to love British chocolates like you

Then I took an Aero to the knee

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
me, dropping to a knee and getting ready to fire my RPG into the candy shop: DOES THE CHCOCOLATE BAR HAVE ANXIETY OR NOT???? I WON'T ASK AGAIN FUCKER!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'll take the M&M shoe controversy over this: