Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Detective No. 27 posted:

Phew. Sega is safe.

Don't be so sure. Another successful Sonic movie and Disney will end up buying the whole company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Decently priced expandable storage is the one thing I covet about the PS5

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
This thread was so chill before this acquisition.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Quantum of Phallus posted:

still trying to figure out how MS buying these companies and making their games dirt cheap to play is bad for me, the Xbox gamer.

It'll all go to poo poo if they get the wrong people in charge later down the line.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah, because the right people were clearly in charge before this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol it can't get worse than the one era

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I'm saying that even if we trust Spencer and associates to do the right thing currently it always scares me when he or enough of his reliable associates step down and then suddenly you get some terrible people running the show trying to make a Halo Mobile DLC Fuckfest or whatever.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

But that's fine. I'm gonna have fun for now!

Give me a Fable-Like Warcraft game!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm already so fuckin' behind on Game Pass games and now it's gonna get worse

this owns

can't stop playing Slay the Spire tho

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I was slightly disappointed at Christmas when I unwrapped a Series X instead of a PS5, because I had picked up on enough clues to know I was getting one of them and I had never owned a PlayStation before.

Today, I am a happy boy.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Zurtilik posted:

But that's fine. I'm gonna have fun for now!

Give me a Fable-Like Warcraft game!

I'd be happy with a Fable-like Fable game.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Looks like the Rainbow Six games are up on PC Game Pass, though they require you to use the Ubisoft Connect launcher (formerly uPlay), which is currently reminding me why I haven't used it in a long time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

John F Bennett posted:

I'd be happy with a Fable-like Fable game.

Over promised and under delivered, sounds like Blizzard has been making Fable-like Warcraft games for over a decade.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Soul Glo posted:

Also this could be good for CoD going forward. You can see the creative attrition in those games.

The Grey posted:

I hope they move CoD to an every other year release and free up some of the studios for something else. Assassin's Creed got much better that way.

The memo thing going out to staff stated that they weren't splitting COD between different teams anymore and that it would be a group effort between the ones that were involved, which combined with their stated intents for multiplayer and warzone all sound healthier than the current approach. I don't think COD will be a yearly release any more but have a proper development cycle. I remember previously it was always very apparent that games were made by different studios as the difference in quality between Modern Warfare and Black Ops was huge during the 360 era, so what Xbox has outlined sounds good and not only better for consumers but also a big improvement for the developers as well. I think that they outright stated they know things are currently a mess with yearly releases and warzone being separate etc. so it should be a good culture change.

Microsoft is also balancing with Halo which is on 10 year support with singleplayer and campaign getting updates and other IPs like Doom and Gears of War, so they can afford to keep everything in the oven for a while and still have a big regular releases. And that's just in the shooter genre.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay posted:

Guys don't fall for the random tweet from the nobody's nobody designed to farm engagement.

Get owned idiots.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wow finally now I can type gently caress and poo poo into a website

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
garys english so the lewd words are probably like gnome and fanny

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
pannus

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

elf help book posted:

garys english so the lewd words are probably like gnome and fanny

Brexit and clunge.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The choggler strikes again.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
iirc Whitta had all posts criticizing the prequels deleted when he was hired to write Rogue One.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Disposable Scud posted:

Did you mean to post in the ps5 thread? This thread is perfectly fine

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The ps5 thread talked about books they read since sony released a game for 3 hours this morning

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I regret linking his original tweet now :smith: gently caress off, Gary

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Get owned idiots.

lmfao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Oh yeah it's just that there's sometimes still a perception that it was a massive failure when it was a terrible launch but still a sales success and became something of a favorite in the press post price-cut after the weird final 360 Kinect years compared with Sony finally getting a true killer system seller with TLOU.

(see also: the PSP probably selling like, a lot more than most people remember)

It's just that the seventh generation was terrible all around so when I think of the bright spots of that time they tend to shine very bright. But otherwise good riddance.

Disposable Scud posted:

Nah, some life has been breathed into it. Be thankful.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

univbee posted:

Let's see how much space the CoD games take up on Xbox now.

I see.

Good thing the 2tb expansion card is available now, only $700 in Australia.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I've been using game piss on PC for over a year on and off and never looked at this thread once because I didn't want to talk about low rent indie games and old Xbox games with Republican voters.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Good thing the 2tb expansion card is available now, only $700 in Australia.

$400 in the US :eyepop:
I bought the 1TB for $190 and it seems to more than enough if you’re not a call of duty player

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hatty posted:

$400 in the US :eyepop:
I bought the 1TB for $190 and it seems to more than enough if you’re not a call of duty player

Median incomes in Aus dollar pretty much pan out to that difference

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

The ps5 thread talked about books they read since sony released a game for 3 hours this morning

I love the PS5 thread and all the regs but I have to admit the fact it’s like a goon sub-community rather than just a PlayStation thread about PlayStation stuff could be off-putting to some. But they should just join in with whatever silly discussion is happening at that moment and usually if someone comes in with actual game discussion it’ll get some traction

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Wild that the ps5 is both huge and has no games. Really trying to corner the market.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
talking about books is epic cope for sure. delicious goon tears

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What is “cope”? I never heard the term until this acquisition

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

It's some cspam thing

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

I love the PS5 thread and all the regs but I have to admit the fact it’s like a goon sub-community rather than just a PlayStation thread about PlayStation stuff could be off-putting to some. But they should just join in with whatever silly discussion is happening at that moment and usually if someone comes in with actual game discussion it’ll get some traction

No.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Coping.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cope is when you for example post a list of books to Cope with your sadness that the PS5 has no games

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cope is when you for example post a list of books to Cope with your sadness that the PS5 has no games

Don’t pretend like you ain’t in there palling around with us as much as anyone buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I will never make a book post. The only book I’ve read in my life is the Elder Scrolls IV strategy guide