Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who are you rooting for this Divisional Round
This poll is closed.
Cincinnati Bengals 46 29.30%
Green Bay Packers 29 18.47%
San Francisco 49'ers 27 17.20%
Tennessee Titans 15 9.55%
Stan the T-Rex to Escape The Rock's Possession 40 25.48%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also, like, oh boy, we get to travel all the way back four years to hear about the Eagles Super Bowl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Tom Brady was never in a overrated movie with Bugs Bunny and Bill Murray

Just an appropriately rated movie with, woof, Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
does anyone actually think a banged up 49ers team that's not that good to begin with is actually gonna beat the Packers?

at this point im assuming the NFCCG is the only shot to knock them out of the playoffs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean why not. In the playoffs a team can get hot and go on a run. It may not seem likely but it’s possible

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Packers struggle against the run. I can totally see deebo and Elijah Mitchell running all over the Packers and wearing down the defense.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean why not. In the playoffs a team can get hot and go on a run. It may not seem likely but it’s possible

yea there could be a super fluky thing but garroppolo is even more injured and their best pass rusher is injured too

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Big Beef City posted:

Since most of the Packers being ranked low seems to be "gently caress Rodgers",
What if Rodgers has to go into protocol and can't play but the rest of the Packers team can and wins without him?
How does that affect your rankings?

there will be no more covid protocols and really no more positive tests for the rest of this season

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Relentlessboredomm posted:

does anyone actually think a banged up 49ers team that's not that good to begin with is actually gonna beat the Packers?

at this point im assuming the NFCCG is the only shot to knock them out of the playoffs.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

This is the NFL and it’s the playoffs I do not see a world where Bosa doesn’t clear his concussion protocols. And the other guys injury didn’t end up looking bad. And Jimmy’s shoulder “allegedly” being hurt might help them because they’ll keep running instead of throwing for no reason.

Frankly 49ers have a better shot than the Rams would have if they were playing Green Bay this week.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

After watching the packers get run all over by the browns around christmas i think the niners have. decent shot if they can keep GB under 25 pts and just pound the rock.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The 49ers only lost in Green Bay by a couple of points earlier this year and they are playing better now than they were then. They could certainly win. Or lose. It’ll probably be a good game.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Can anyone on the 49ers cover Davante Adams, even for under 2 seconds

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Ravens just threw bodies at him and held him to 47 yards, it’s feasible

e: they also got burned my MVS as a result so you know, results may vary

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Apparently not but the 49ers were winning with 30 seconds left despite Jimmy not exactly looking like a world beater.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pron on VHS posted:

No but maybe two guys can. Or maybe not

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The 49ers only lost in Green Bay by a couple of points earlier this year and they are playing better now than they were then. They could certainly win. Or lose. It’ll probably be a good game.

I mean, that was week 3 in San Francisco and Green Bay is significantly healthier than then (as are the 49ers). Most importantly the GB oline is going to be able to play all but one preferred starter (LG Jenkins, who tore his ACL mid-season) and the depth is also healthy.

The biggest question is Jimmy G's health. I know he's dealing with a shoulder injury and a torn ligament in his right thumb.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Freaquency posted:

Rodgers specifically said the Ravens schemed in a really novel way.

So can the niners do that

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Apparently not but the 49ers were winning with 30 seconds left despite Jimmy not exactly looking like a world beater.

Somehow, I don't think the Packers are going to be able to replicate holding Deebo to 2 carries for 0 yards... just a thought.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Freaquency posted:

if like 6 Ravens DBs weren't dead they might have held MVS down too

it owns lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeah who the gently caress was even playing defense for the Ravens that day? Maybe Rodgers sucked because he literally couldn’t tell who was playing any position.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The thing to watch for this weekend isn't the Packers passing game, it's AJ Dillon hammering carry after carry into the defense.

Like, specifically this exact situation -- at home, in the playoffs, in the midst of the January dark and cold -- is why we drafted him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

trilljester posted:

Somehow, I don't think the Packers are going to be able to replicate holding Deebo to 2 carries for 0 yards... just a thought.

Eh I don’t see why not. The Packers jumped to an early lead and basically forced Jimmy to get them back. Which to be fair he did.

That’s perfectly possible

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Raheem Mostert is going to rise from the grave and get 500 yards rushing

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hot Diggity! posted:

I mean, that was week 3 in San Francisco and Green Bay is significantly healthier than then (as are the 49ers). Most importantly the GB oline is going to be able to play all but one preferred starter (LG Jenkins, who tore his ACL mid-season) and the depth is also healthy.

The biggest question is Jimmy G's health. I know he's dealing with a shoulder injury and a torn ligament in his right thumb.

Sure, a lot changes over the course of a season, my point was simply that they’ve played recently and it was a close game so there’s no reason to just assume this will be a Green Bay blowout.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Also Rodgers just shits his pants in the playoffs more often than not.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don’t think the Packers are capable of a blow out right now really

The only team they really did was a Vikings team without their starting QB

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sure, a lot changes over the course of a season, my point was simply that they’ve played recently and it was a close game so there’s no reason to just assume this will be a Green Bay blowout.

Week 3 is not "recent".

I see what ya'll are saying but I'm still assuming it'll be a blowout with the small chance of a hilarious Rodgers meltdown.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

49ers team that's not that good to begin with

This is quite a take.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

This is quite a take.

they're pretty mediocre with a tendency to meltdown and they have a subpar QB who loves to poo poo out inexplicable turnovers. deebo's great and all but that doesn't make them a good team

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The story on The Athletic on how Cam Akers recovered from his Achilles injury is pretty wild. It really seems like the surgery he had was a breakthrough in achilles injuries in general and it should help younger guys not take such a huge step back.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

The thing to watch for this weekend isn't the Packers passing game, it's AJ Dillon hammering carry after carry into the defense.

Like, specifically this exact situation -- at home, in the playoffs, in the midst of the January dark and cold -- is why we drafted him.

Yesssss, thigh monster gonna go to work

Play
Apr 25, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Green Bay hasn't really done much blowing out this year either. They scored 45 against the Bears but the majority of their games have been under 30 points. But that could also be because they didn't need to in most cases since their defense held up.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Week 3 is not "recent".

It’s the same season with largely the same players and all of the same coaches. It’s recent enough to be relevant.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

they're pretty mediocre with a tendency to meltdown and they have a subpar QB who loves to poo poo out inexplicable turnovers. deebo's great and all but that doesn't make them a good team

Would them being top 10 offense and defense this year make them a good team?

How about being #2 offense over the 2nd half of the season?

Finishing the year 7-2? Still not good?

Made it to the divisional round seems good.

Also, JG has won 2/3 of his starts. He's not a top 10 QB, but not bottom 10 either.

2019 - made it to super bowl
2020 - historically injured team still wins 6 games
2021 - 2nd round of playoffs so far.

What is your definition of good?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I absolutely hate when people cherry-pick like that to make themselves feel better

Play
Apr 25, 2006

personally I think they are both right. the 49ers are a good team who are sometimes mediocre with a QB who can be average to above average but also loves to poo poo out inexplicable turnovers and other boneheaded decisions

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

What is your definition of good?

not the 49ers

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s the same season with largely the same players and all of the same coaches. It’s recent enough to be relevant.

nah, the beginning of the season and end of season are two very different vibes, its a fairly useless comparison at this point.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The bad weather in Green Bay is gonna make it hard to hold onto the jimmy picks 6es.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It'd be pretty funny for the rams and niners to meet in the nfccg, since the rams had the chance to knock them out in week 18 and blew it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Packers find ways to lose to worse teams in the playoffs all the time