Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

mdemone posted:

Isn't he talking about Jabba there? He was getting digested when the sail barge blew up, after all.
That depends on whether Boba is dense enough to spend years on Tatooine and even scout out the palace without ever finding out who currently lives there.

So it's entirely possible he's talking about Jabba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

mdemone posted:

Isn't he talking about Jabba there? He was getting digested when the sail barge blew up, after all.

Fennec informs him a few minutes earlier that Bib took over.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dave Syndrome posted:

Fennec informs him a few minutes earlier that Bib took over.

Ah, right. I knew there had to be something I missed.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I mean I assume Bib was the one actually doing all the hiring and finance for Jabba, so if the guy who employed me to do all this poo poo left me for dead in the desert and instead went back to the palace to eat the entire kitchen stock I’d be fairly pissed too.

Boba’s whole thing post-sarlaac has been loyalty to those around you. Bib ain’t loyal and that’s why he’s dead.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Boba takes he fact that Bib did not personally abseil down the Sarlaac to rescue him very personally, Jabba would have.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

if you're slowly digested over the course of a thousand years it is pretty hosed up to not mount any sort of rescue effort when you have lasers and space ships and poo poo. by now in tatooines history they should have the sarlaccian equivalent of the jaws of life to extract anyone important who happens to fall in there.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm glad the chef droid was trained in the culinary arts by Dexter Jettster

Seriously LucasFilm, give us an update on our diner guy :argh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vinylshadow posted:

Seriously LucasFilm, give us an update on our diner guy :argh:

That guy 100% died of congestive heart(s) failure or something similar like two weeks after he met Obi-Wan.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
I thought that line was sort of weird too. Perhaps it was written so the audience could see it as Jabba or Bib, avoiding explanation of any unnecessary backstory.

If anything shouldn't Bob hold a grudge against Han Solo / Luke etc? It's been awhile since I watched Return of the Jedi, but didn't Han kick him in the jetpack causing it to malfunction and throw him in the sarlaac?

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Also confirmation that Max Reebo is alive and I'm eagerly awaiting his spin off series.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Isometric Bacon posted:

I thought that line was sort of weird too. Perhaps it was written so the audience could see it as Jabba or Bib, avoiding explanation of any unnecessary backstory.

If anything shouldn't Bob hold a grudge against Han Solo / Luke etc? It's been awhile since I watched Return of the Jedi, but didn't Han kick him in the jetpack causing it to malfunction and throw him in the sarlaac?

simple competing interests in the workplace

strictly professional, nothing personal

he knew what he signed up for

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Isometric Bacon posted:

Videos a quick YouTube away, but Chewie warns Han that Boba is behind him. Boba is lining up a shot on Luke and Han spins around blindly and whacks the spear he's defending himself with into Feets jetpack causing it to rocket him off the skiff into the sail barge and into the Sarlaac.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Isometric Bacon posted:

Also confirmation that Max Reebo is alive and I'm eagerly awaiting his spin off series.

Star Wars: Max's Jizz Music :gizz:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lmao Boba is gonna hire Han Solo isn't he

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Book of Jizz: A Max Reebo Star Wars Story

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Who is actually in the Bkacn Krrsantan suit? He keeps giving the people's eyebrow which makes me think they put The Rock in a wookiee costume.

AndyElusive posted:

The Book of Jizz: A Max Reebo Star Wars Story

With a special guest appearance by Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Alan Smithee posted:

Star Wars: Max's Jizz Music :gizz:

Everyone loves live Jizz, whether it’s Hot Jizz or Funky Jizz, it’s all good.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It was cool to see some prequel droid models make a return.

The knife droid first appeared in Attack of the Clones, aboard the transport Anakin and Padme took while disguised as refugees. The voice also kind of sounds like a heavily filtered Jon Favreau (who directed the movie Chef, and I think is somehow involved with Star Wars, but not sure about that one).

The ratcatcher droid appeared throughout The Clone Wars, so this is it's first time in live action:

Another EV-9D9 type droid also makes an appearance in the kitchen. This one's voice sounds a lot closer to the one in ROTJ than the one Mark Hamill voiced in S1 of The Mandalorian, so I'm guessing this guy is actually supposed to be the one from the movie, while the one in Mos Eisley is just a similar model.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The one from Jedi is apparently a female Droid.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Robot Style posted:

The voice also kind of sounds like a heavily filtered Jon Favreau (who directed the movie Chef, and I think is somehow involved with Star Wars, but not sure about that one).

Lol.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

jon favreau made Swingers and now does eye candy for nerds

He also got me a cuban sandwich with brisket made by Franklins without having to go to Texas. He's alright in my books

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope that gatling blaster Mando comes back.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I can buy Boba forgetting that the Jawas jacked his armour. He was awake for like five seconds and pretty hosed up while they were stripping him before they knocked him out. Then he was captured by the Tuskens and still pretty hosed up for a while there too.

Seems easy to forget five seconds of being conscious. Could have maybe done with a scene of him actually finding out where it is though.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Veotax posted:

Seems easy to forget five seconds of being conscious. Could have maybe done with a scene of him actually finding out where it is though.

I was expecting them to include context for the shot from Mando Chapter 9 like they did when he found Fennec.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Vinylshadow posted:

You have a funny way of spelling Gormaanda.

Robot Style posted:

The knife droid first appeared in Attack of the Clones, aboard the transport Anakin and Padme took while disguised as refugees.

Great catch! I was sure he was an original character (and probably a jokey reference to General Grievous).

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Veotax posted:

I can buy Boba forgetting that the Jawas jacked his armour. He was awake for like five seconds and pretty hosed up while they were stripping him before they knocked him out. Then he was captured by the Tuskens and still pretty hosed up for a while there too.

It's going to happen when Din shows up in the story and they Mandabro out. :D

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dave Syndrome posted:

You have a funny way of spelling Gormaanda.

Poor droid forgot to stir, whip, whip whip stir, otherwise that fight would've gone a lot differently

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The United States posted:

Fennec also told him offhand that the biker gang definitely didn't slaughter the Tusken camp but he's just gonna murderize the entire biker gang anyway.

Boba is a living Dunning-Kruger effect and he is hilarious to watch.

Well, maybe. On the other hand, assuming somebody framed the biker gang to shift the blame to them, that somebody can relax now, right? Since Boba has now slaughtered them, that means that the somebody's plan worked. So they can relax. Unless, of course, Boba slaughtered the gang to make the somebody think that he was fooled.

Because gently caress the bikers. They're a pack of vicious, violent assholes and it's not like anybody on Tattooine has spare water to cry over them.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

wonder when the GTA Stories style revisionist nikto biker show will be

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

While they're at it, maybe they can also explain why a bunch of Nikto were protecting Grogu in a bunker in the desert before Din found him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm wondering when Boba will realize that Jennifer Beals is the mayor

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I appreciate Krrsantan would prefer to rip some trandoshan's arm off rather than get out of his bar tab free.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Davros1 posted:

Yeah, either this or something extremely close to it seems like a pretty obvious drop that's coming soon.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Davros1 posted:

she's a manager

manager on the floor

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Good episode. But it's still frustrating. Actively dramatizing how Fennec and Boba see each other, what Boba's reasoning for wanting to be a mob boss is, exactly how the systems of power work in Jabba's old organisation and what the drat stakes are for Tatooine is awesome.

But that dramatization would have been better explored at the start of this series. Then I might have been more engaged with all the shenanigans, instead of just seeing Boba and Fennec doing stuff and wondering why they felt the need to do it. Why structure it this way? Did they think declining to show insight into what Boba's and Fennec's interiority is would create a sense of mystery. Because it just made the early episodes way duller than they needed to be. I know the whole system of most serialized narratives is to keep people guessing and talking BUT something like the Mandalorian is wise enough to keep it's mystery to "Who is the secret other Jedi?", "Why do the bad guys want Grogu", and not "Why is Mando doing whatever he's doing" because when you have no idea what your protagonists inner desire is for three hours of television, it begins to get boring pretty quick.

But I did enjoy this episode, there was a lot of cool stuff. I liked the return trip to the Sarlaac. Especially how Fennec looked genuinely scared. It's interesting when you see a character who is normally brave and cool suddenly get to a space where they're like "Oh this sucks", Like Indiana Jones and snakes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/status/1483022986995060736

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
That episode was great. Did a lot to tie together the show and would have been good if we'd understood their motivations more from the start. It's still very inconsistent and they could have done better with showing or inferring the passage of time of just how long Boba was with the Tuskens. Excited for Mando showing up.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Oh great, cue people online complaining about, "Temura Morrison upset with how Boba Fett is written!" just like Mark Hamill after TLJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Extremely awesome sequence, I had such a smile on my face watching it. This was the best episode so far imo.