Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Chris is going to be much more receptive to his new name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jeff sure found the most random state senator to hang out with (I know it's because of Hermie Sadler) but an anti-mask, anti-HPV vaccine, Tea Party guy from another state is pretty random.

https://twitter.com/BrianKirwin/status/1483491287550644230

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

graph posted:

golly what the gently caress is this thread, also wtf are the clips in here, holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/TheAshPreston/status/1483124358503710724

If you haven't seen WBF don't read this thread, go watch it cold. Nothing will ever prepare you for the experience.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Jeff sure found the most random state senator to hang out with (I know it's because of Hermie Sadler) but an anti-mask, anti-HPV vaccine, Tea Party guy from another state is pretty random.

https://twitter.com/BrianKirwin/status/1483491287550644230

lol LaVar Arrington is sitting next to him

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Stealth Tiger posted:

I have always heard that Vince McMahon is a huge bodybuilding fan, but that looks like what you would do if you hated bodybuilding but were forced to put on a bodybuilding show anyway.

Or at the very least, it's the show you put together if you find bodybuilding to be extremely boring.

Have you heard about WWE Monday Night Raw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Body building is boring tho. Unless you're some kind of pervert or race scientist. What Vince did was create a whole class of exhibition performances that haven't really been replicated. The closest modern bodybuilding gets is you get to choose your music for your pose.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

he just did the parts of pro wrestling he actually enjoys: huge dudes flexing for him and also those huge dudes doing dumb skits for him. WBF was Vince's Oops! All Berries!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Frankly I'm surprised Vince didn't do the same over the top characterization for XFL. Sure there was HE HATE ME but a full Mutant League team full of gimmicks would've been hilarious. If a garbage man, an evil dentist, and a minotaur could moonlight as pro wrestlers, then so could football players.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
it would've distracted from the terrible quality of the actual football being played, for sure

if they'd gone for some exciting new rule changes instead of the dumb, violent ones they did implement, the XFL (given america's insatiable appetite for football, just look at the USFL revival occurring in april) could've easily stuck around

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The only reason vince thought he XFL relaunch would work is because he trusted Trump. LMAO.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Shane Strickland is ALL.... about Terminus.

https://twitter.com/TERMINUSpro/status/1483860498785447942?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that black panther look is so cool

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe Top Dolla can buy a ticket

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yes, do indies and drive up your price so Tony has to pay you more.

This is my wishful thinking because Swerve in AEW would loving rule.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
that isn't how AEW works???

Why would AEW care about someone working indies if they want to offer someone a contract?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

karmicknight posted:

that isn't how AEW works???

Why would AEW care about someone working indies if they want to offer someone a contract?

I think you're misreading the post.

Do indies -> be successful -> be worth more money -> get a bigger contract from AEW than you would have before step one

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Alright, yeah, I guess I see that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

aew needs to use the talent they have, the roster is getting really outta hand lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's probably showing up in AEW before Terminus anyway.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah if there's one thing about Shane Strickland its that he just doesn't have enough indie experience and name recognition to really demand a high price

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should add many more people

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The wrestlers not working that night should sit in all the ringside seats even when they are on tour

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

aew needs to use the talent they have, the roster is getting really outta hand lol

i wonder if they'll consider doing (or are already doing?) 'seasons' for pro wrestlers. Where someone is booked regularly for whatever story they're involved in, and then cycled out for other wrestlers. Since AEW allows people to book indie dates, it would help other companies and thus hopefully strengthen relationships. It would also give wrestlers a break if they need it, because holy poo poo I would not want to be doing pro-wrestling at a schedule that say, Ambrose did in WWE.

The downside is that for fans you might not get to see your faves and that can be a big bummer, so maybe it's not a good idea. I like it as a concept though.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

They kinda do that already by shunting people into the dark zone for a few weeks rather than months at a time

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

beggar posted:

The wrestlers not working that night should sit in all the ringside seats even when they are on tour

Honestly, it was really fun when they did that to have some kind of crowd presence during the non-attendance shows :allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

the roster is getting really outta hand lol

Won’t be an issue in a few weeks

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Wouldn't be my first pick for "favorite Fifth Doctor story title", but what the hey :v:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Honestly, it was really fun when they did that to have some kind of crowd presence during the non-attendance shows :allears:

I don't particularly care if Danhausen comes to AEW or not, but I'd very much enjoy Austin Gunn being his usual loud-rear end self in the audience, and then occasionally you hear Danhausen's geeky voice yelling SHUT UP, rear end BOY

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tony shouldn't hire anyone else.

Except Keith Lee.

And Athena.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

yeah if there's one thing about Shane Strickland its that he just doesn't have enough indie experience and name recognition to really demand a high price

Nobody said he didn't have experience or name recognition already but if you're working indie dates and start getting even more attention, it only works in your favor.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

I like the text at the top that says "Modern age crap"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It'll probably be AEW, but Strickland would kick rear end in Impact's X division.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Terminus sounds like the name of the best raiding guild on your WoW server 10 years ago

edit: and by that i mean its lame

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Miles O'Brian posted:

Terminus sounds like the name of the best raiding guild on your WoW server 10 years ago

its apparently the original name of atlanta

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

its apparently the original name of atlanta

Not the original name but it was the terminus for the railroad line so it was an early nickname.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Miles O'Brian posted:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
firing up counter strike 1.5 to play custom map de_terminus

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1483476735589220354?s=20

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/GarciaWrestling/status/1484052424583229440

Adbot