Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Burns posted:

Fine, just checked wiki. You win this nerd-off.

its not really winning lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think if a poster needs to clarify a lord of the rings fact they should also be required to post a picture of whatever it is they're talking about for us illiterates. If no photo is available then the poster shall be held liable for drawing one.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Any post explaining lord of the rings lore without an accompanying authenticated photo of the poster's beard should be disregarded

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That LOTR video Amazon did was all practical, not CGI. Pretty cool

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's gonna suck so bad lmao

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

reignofevil posted:

I think if a poster needs to clarify a lord of the rings fact they should log off.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

:hmmyes:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i hope it features my favorite character, Legolas

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
LOTR weebs are still a million times better than harry potter freaks.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Improbable Lobster posted:

most likely

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's basically been ghost directed by jeff bezos himself so I'm really hoping for some exceptional funny-badness

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Main character is named Bezomir and he's shirtless, 8 feet tall and every fight scene is him swinging a mace around like Sauron and cutting down entire swaths of troops

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mr. Meagles posted:

Main character is named Bezomir and he's shirtless, 8 feet tall and every fight scene is him swinging a mace around like Sauron and cutting down entire swaths of troops

Well? Where's the picture? We're waiting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Meagles posted:

I’m in

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

See you laugh but if I were a billionaire, I’d absolutely do exactly what Bezos is doing. Get completely shredded, move to a penthouse suite, and spend your time filming fanfic of your self-insert Lotr character

Beats Elon just phone posting anime on Twitter all day

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

we got The Expanse out of Bozo's being a billionaire nerd. So yea, much better than Elon.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mr. Meagles posted:

Can't believe you forgot this is a R rated series

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
But who would win in a fight, Sauron or Gawron?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

But who would win in a fight, Sauron or Gawron?

Gowron wins, he has bigger eyes

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

anyway i dont think the bozo's lotr will be good but i will watch it anyway

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Space Kablooey posted:

It would be really awesome if it turned out to be great. Hell, it would be kinda awesome if it turned out to be a complete trainwreck. I'm just a little disappointed that The Expanse had to die so that this could live.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

Worst case scenario you get to watch the GDP of a medium sized country burn on screen for 10 hours.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Mr. Meagles posted:

Man, we'd be so lucky to get something cool like that. I have this suspicion that we'll get goat riding dwarves, sonic cannons that deflect arrows and organic TBM machines building orc hyperloop tunnels again

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

lotr is cool. i'm sitting here as an outsider, spectating. we shall see...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Endless Trash posted:

Gowron wins, he has bigger eyes

How about Sauron vs Darth Vader? Wait, Sauron vs The Emperor!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Halfway through Archive 81 now and it's pretty good in the same general area as Midnight Mass etc. but not Mike Flanagan obviously. (It's based off a podcast drama and has James Wan as an EP) Has some "found footage" but only a few minutes here and there... watch it imo....

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

dorium posted:

we got The Expanse out of Bozo's being a billionaire nerd. So yea, much better than Elon.

If we didn’t get all 9 books done, then he didn’t do enough.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Aardvark! posted:

Halfway through Archive 81 now and it's pretty good in the same general area as Midnight Mass etc. but not Mike Flanagan obviously. (It's based off a podcast drama and has James Wan as an EP) Has some "found footage" but only a few minutes here and there... watch it imo....

I watched the first episode last night and nary a monologue or saccharine moment to be found!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Mr. Meagles posted:

Hey Tom! Its your cousin Ron! Ron Bombadil! You know that new sound you were looking for? Well listen to THIS!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

Worst case scenario you get to watch the GDP of a medium sized country burn on screen for 10 hours.

but all i need to do to see that is watch the local news :confused:

e: also i just want to give a periodic reminder that tom bombadil fucks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cacator posted:

I watched the first episode last night and nary a monologue or saccharine moment to be found!

Yeah I was thinking maybe not the best comparison because of that (there is at least one monologue iirc though) but don't have a lot else I can compare to horror-series wise. It's definitely better than American Horror Story but Lol at that being an accomplishment or worth mention

E: maybe Brand New Cherry Flavor is a better comparison? Whatever. It's a horror series on Netflix and it's not dogshit so slorp it up gorbage lovers

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Aardvark! posted:

Two episodes in and it's been a good so far. We were apprehensive at first due to the found footage aspect, but they don't overuse it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Watched a cool series the last few nights called Landscapers on HBO. Stars actual GOATs David Thewlis and Olivia Coleman. It had really interesting direction and looked like it was fun to edit.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Watched a cool series the last few nights called Landscapers on HBO. Stars actual GOATs David Thewlis and Olivia Coleman. It had really interesting direction and looked like it was fun to edit.

That's only like 3 episodes or something right? It looked really good but they made it weekly in the US so I was waiting for it to end and forgot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Four eps, each about an hour.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Just rewatched the Flash Gordon movie last night and wanna remind everyone that the movie is loving awesome and the Arrow 4k transfer is loving awesome.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

its all nice on rice posted:

Two episodes in and it's been a good so far. We were apprehensive at first due to the found footage aspect, but they don't overuse it.

someone definitely understood how quickly found footage gets annoying. There have been a bunch of scenes where the camera is on the entire time and it only shows from its viewpoint for a couple seconds, purposefully, before returning to normal multi-camera cinematography.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gutcruncher posted:

the Arrow 4k transfer is loving awesome.

I had no idea.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Wife and I just braved the COVID Box to see 5cream (went to a two in the afternoon weekday showing to mitigate risk) and it was really good. They info-dumped everything you needed to know about the series so far in a really clever way, the kills were good, and nobody shouted "evil dies tonight" even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Amazon LotR is going to be a gigantic steaming pile of poo poo and I'm going to watch every minute of it.