Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have no trouble believing that!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cope is when you for example post a list of books to Cope with your sadness that the PS5 has no games

look at this little bitch lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I will never make a book post. The only book I’ve read in my life is the Elder Scrolls IV strategy guide

Haven't read it but I can already guarantee it's better than anything Neal Stephenson's ever written.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I only read the halo books

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Haven't read it but I can already guarantee it's better than anything Neal Stephenson's ever written.

and he made the internet :hmmyes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

look at this little bitch lol

Rude

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i cant remember which island province you're from but i read that aloud with the cadence of the can of beans puppet from don't hug me i'm scared and suddenly i wasnt even made at you anymore. so welcome back from your time in the woods, friend, i have such strategy guides to show you

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Should I talk about Danganrompa here or is their a VN thread? The search function is super fucky,

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I wish Sony would release a good game so that the guy who came over here and started posting badly would leave again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m sorry… but that ain’t happening

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe the new Horizon will be good who knows. I’ll be busy with Elden Ring but maybe I’ll pick it up on sale in six months

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Should I talk about Danganrompa here or is their a VN thread? The search function is super fucky,

You can talk about it here but also there is a thread for it. Here is a thread that contains an alphabetized list of threads about specific games: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952822

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lammasu posted:

My 10 year old just started playing it. She was so hyped when I told it was on gamepass. lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sony should purchase Take-Two Interactive.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s funny how in all these discussions about companies buying other companies no one suggests or mentions Ubisoft. I’m not suggesting or an amazing untapped value, just it’s funny their name isn’t even being mentioned, despite being a large publisher and developer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ubisoft spent a better part of the previous decade trying to get out of a corporate takeover. They probably don't have an interest in selling since their strategy is to release to literally any platform, including Switch streaming and Stadia.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Marshal Prolapse posted:

It’s funny how in all these discussions about companies buying other companies no one suggests or mentions Ubisoft. I’m not suggesting or an amazing untapped value, just it’s funny their name isn’t even being mentioned, despite being a large publisher and developer.

There have been attempts to acquire them before and Yves and his family managed to successfully thwart the takeover and everyone cheered but now it turns out that they're really awful people I hope someone acquires them and gives them the boot so their developers can work in a safer environment. I don't know who would really want them though :shrug:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Trying to think of ignored IPs Ubisoft has that I liked. Prince of Persia and Trackmania I guess

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
encountered some weird poo poo with my Series X today. turned it on, got prompted to install a controller update, also updated some random MS Store service, and then it stopped reading discs. I had been playing Midnight Club: LA last night, and it wouldn't recognize the disc at all. so then I wondered if my disc got hosed up somehow, but it looked perfectly fine, so I tried putting Just Cause 3 in there thinking it was an issue with the 360 disc. that wouldn't recognize either!

went through the support page for disc issues on the MS website, it recommended putting my console in power-saving mode (it was already set up that way) and, of course, turning the console off and back on again. then after I turned it on again, suddenly I couldn't access poo poo. the Store wouldn't load even though I was connected to XBL and could see my friends list. out of sheer frustration I yanked the power cable out the back, waited a minute, and plugged it back in

sure enough, when it turned back on, it showed Just Cause 3 in the drive and I could access the store again. so just a heads up to anyone who encounters something similar, ignore all the poo poo on MS' website and just unplug the fucker :cheersdoge:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snacksmaniac posted:

Wild that the ps5 is both huge and has no games. Really trying to corner the market.

Oh its in all four corners of any market you can squeeze it into

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marshal Prolapse posted:

It’s funny how in all these discussions about companies buying other companies no one suggests or mentions Ubisoft.

cos their games absolutely suck :cheers:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Marshal Prolapse posted:

They were doing it before it was cool, staving off hostile purchase by french conglomerate vivendi for most of the last decade.

American publishers are less interested. They have a employee union for their core teams in france so they are radioactive to non french buyers

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SUNKOS posted:

Brexit and clunge.

If it isn't, "BoJo" should definitely be a British naughty word. "Give us a bojo then, luv" :wiggle:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

There have been attempts to acquire them before and Yves and his family managed to successfully thwart the takeover and everyone cheered but now it turns out that they're really awful people I hope someone acquires them and gives them the boot so their developers can work in a safer environment. I don't know who would really want them though :shrug:

ahh yes because further industry consolidation will definitely lead to healthier work environments

fuckin lmao

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

American McGay posted:

I wish Sony would release a good game so that the guy who came over here and started posting badly would leave again.

Beanpole and I right now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Escobarbarian posted:

Beanpole and I right now

Hey at least you own an Xbox.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

barnold posted:

encountered some weird poo poo with my Series X today. turned it on, got prompted to install a controller update, also updated some random MS Store service, and then it stopped reading discs. I had been playing Midnight Club: LA last night, and it wouldn't recognize the disc at all. so then I wondered if my disc got hosed up somehow, but it looked perfectly fine, so I tried putting Just Cause 3 in there thinking it was an issue with the 360 disc. that wouldn't recognize either!

went through the support page for disc issues on the MS website, it recommended putting my console in power-saving mode (it was already set up that way) and, of course, turning the console off and back on again. then after I turned it on again, suddenly I couldn't access poo poo. the Store wouldn't load even though I was connected to XBL and could see my friends list. out of sheer frustration I yanked the power cable out the back, waited a minute, and plugged it back in

sure enough, when it turned back on, it showed Just Cause 3 in the drive and I could access the store again. so just a heads up to anyone who encounters something similar, ignore all the poo poo on MS' website and just unplug the fucker :cheersdoge:

List of random and weird things that was solved by a hard reboot/unplug on my Xbox

Internet not connected (you're on an ethernet line, fucker and I know it ain't the router)

Game tiles not showing properly (cannot find games)

Game taking too long to launch (literally when it takes too long and closes the game)

Dashboard not showing everything it normally does

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

American McGay posted:

Hey at least you own an Xbox.

I owned an xbox once, and then I was reminded that the pc exists.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

ahh yes because further industry consolidation will definitely lead to healthier work environments

fuckin lmao

you're a weird little freak.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1483952415812440066?t=2t-e-QRauFntRw4jxUNgdA&s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

then I was reminded that the pc exists.

Theoretically

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dd is good. Theres better in the genre of link to the past, but hard! But it still fun and p cute.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The PC doesn’t exists until I’m able to go on Newegg type in “3080” be able to pick a GPU brand I trust and leisurely check out

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

heehee posted:

listen grape ape it was not my my hand that i was once again given flesh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

heehee posted:

You misspelled “hosed up little man”

Grabbing Death’s Door! This is such a perfect Game Pass game, definitely wanted to try it out but didn’t want to pay for it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

You're still sore from earlier? Sheesh.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If it isn't, "BoJo" should definitely be a British naughty word. "Give us a bojo then, luv" :wiggle:

Post-2019 that kind of talk could get someone seriously hurt :stare:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I'm playing Dangaronpa but I'm not going in blind. I dated a girl that was super into it and also I watched an LP of Ultra Despair Girls, Christ, 7 years ago. I know who the big bad is and I have some vague recollections of stuff but I'm not sure how much that is going to effect my play though because drat there are a lot of characters. Has anyone else played this?

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

My 10 year old just started playing it. She was so hyped when I told it was on gamepass. lol

Far be it from me to tell you what to do but just so you know, it's pretty violent and a little bit lewd if memory serves. They get around it with like neon pink blood and tons of cheesecake but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

You're still sore from earlier? Sheesh.

You misunderstand, Activision means so very little to me. But yeah I'd be hard pressed to call this a W for the industry at large. Look around, the lukewarm response to this is indicative of genuine concern that a huge shift is coming industry-wide, with tons of lost jobs, a general creative stagnancy, and raised prices on goods and services to show for it. Meanwhile, the actual progress that was being made from within for better conditions, accountability for execs within the toxic culture, a growing pressure from workers for unionisation at one of the key nodes within in the industry, etc, has pretty all much been sent into a death spiral. Kotick, repulsive to the last, gets half a billion to step aside as a scapegoat for what were systemic issues.