Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

There is something very satisfying about the rapid fire “pewpewpewpew” of the Firspray’s guns. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Machai posted:

Uh, did I just watch Fett feed meat to a bantha, a known herbivore?

Many herbivores will eat meat occasionally, and I would expect a hardy creature like the Bantha to be able to supplement its diet via things like bugs, lizards, and other small vermin foolish enough to get close to their mouths.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Machai posted:

its now canon that banthas are just big dogs and they deserve treats from daddy

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

There is something very satisfying about the rapid fire “pewpewpewpew” of the Firspray’s guns. :allears:

I keep saying it, knock Attack of the Clones all you want for whatever reason, but the one unimpeachable aspect of it was its sound design, particularly surrounding Slave-I.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

nine-gear crow posted:

I keep saying it, knock Attack of the Clones all you want for whatever reason, but the one unimpeachable aspect of it was its sound design, particularly surrounding Slave-I.

Back when I was super proud of my 5.1 setup in my home theater the asteroid chase was my go to speaker test/show off demo.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
drat did I love this episode. The stop motion movement of the cooking droid reminded me of how they did the IG in Mando, and then to go into the arm spinny thing? :chefkiss:

Also cool to see that Fett had a previous run in with the mods. The hovering over the sarlacc was kind of dumb, but still cool and also gave us another sonic mine, so it was worth it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I had no idea he was gonna look for his armor I just thought he was gonna drop a bass mine out of sheer spite and guffawed.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Honest I’m surprised the sonic mine didn’t pretty much just liquify most of the Sarlaac.

Also I’m pretty sure he was going to sonic mine it himself in the end and that’s why he was annoyed at Shand pushing his buttons

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Wasn't expecting Boba Fett visiting the ripperdoc today.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Episode owns, show owns. I could watch him say “I am Boba Fett” every drat episode and it would never get old. Hasn’t been a lot of hate posting today, wonder where they’re at.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Alchenar posted:

The bacta treatments would make sense if the sarlaac injuries were shown to be causing Boba any distress or weakness in the past sequences.

I don't think it's the Sarlacc injuries. He's got the scars but they don't really impair him that much. And he lived with the Sand People in harsh desert conditions for several years.

I think it's actually that sand fruit. Boba told Fennac that they were habit-forming on some level. What if the fruit re-wrote Boba's DNA to be more like that of the Sand People. Without a ready supply of the fruit (which only Sand People can easily find) his body manifests a physical addiction and starts tearing itself apart. That's what the tank repairs.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Episode owns, show owns. I could watch him say “I am Boba Fett” every drat episode and it would never get old. Hasn’t been a lot of hate posting today, wonder where they’re at.

Someone's bound to be mad he referred to his ship by model name.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

wonder when the GTA Stories style revisionist nikto biker show will be

I’d like a OC choppers style show starring an Ugnaught son and father duo making swoop bikes for like sebulba and watto and poo poo

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
That bit of Mando theme at the end of the episode has me hoping that Fett hires Mando for a fun little unexpected crossover, but I'm more expecting that he hires someone we've seen on that show. Maybe a Mandalorian or two from Bo-katan's crew? I'd also be down for Fennec bringing in lots of assassin pals she trusts and has worked with before. And they didn't use the right musical tease for it, and it's a bad idea because the Bad Batch story is still in the early stages so you don't really want to have them show up and know that everyone's gonna be okay, but it'd be hilarious to have Fett teaming up with an elite team of good-guy fellow clones who need the money.

I think hiring local talent is a bad idea with the Pyke people sniffing around and the inevitable betrayal coming from at least some of the gang captains there. Fett's been lucky with recruiting so far, but it's time to hop on the comms and get some backup.

This was a funner episode than some of the other recent ones, and I'm hoping for one more episode of fully getting the war team together with the last two episodes being an action-packed sprint (especially by this surprisingly slow-paced show's standards) to the finish.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
8 minutes into the episode and fully expecting Boba to run into JC Denton

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The acid is probably not be the kind of stuff you just get off with a quick shower.

I liked the scene of Fett blasting away the biker gang in his ship but honestly I think the whole ratcatcher part was my overall favourite. It felt so perfectly Star Wars and the design and animation of the droid were perfect.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
If anyone is even slightly considering that the mandalorian theme means anything other than Din Djarin turning up then get better at understanding how media works

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I felt like the musical cue was a reference to him hiring the culty Mandalorians or maybe one of Bo-Katan’s crew. It’s way too early for him to meet Din.

I’m curious how the Krrsantan scene played out to people who don’t know that Trandoshans famously love to hunt Wookiees, so BK had a racist drunken rage issue and wasn’t just hauling off on some random bar patron. I even thought Jennifer Beals would refer to the interspecies feud instead of the vague “you used to be a pit fighter” throwaway.

Sarlacc scene was dumb as hell (was his plan to just kind of hope to see the armor sitting around in the mouth?) but the jumpscare and sonic mine kicked rear end.

Also I didn’t know the rabbit droid from clone wars was actually called a “Lep droid” (lepus is Latin for rabbit). And I thought that was EV-9D9 as the sous chef bot but the captions referred to him as just “sous-chef droid” and they’ve been pretty good at labeling characters even if they aren’t named onscreen (like Camie and Fixer) so I dunno.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Is it really racist if Trandoshans have been hunting and enslaving your people and have even integrated it as a cultural practice for millenia?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Hazo posted:

I felt like the musical cue was a reference to him hiring the culty Mandalorians or maybe one of Bo-Katan’s crew. It’s way too early for him to meet Din.
We're past flashback territory at this point. Which is after Mando S2.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Machai posted:

p sure i saw it bite the head off a gamo but it's been a while

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Cross-Section posted:

We're past flashback territory at this point. Which is after Mando S2.

Oh poo poo you’re right. I got the flashback timeline messed up. Hell yeah bring on next week.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Is it really racist if Trandoshans have been hunting and enslaving your people and have even integrated it as a cultural practice for millenia?

Racist in the literal sense, as in Krrsantan doesn’t know these guys but (justifiably in this case) hates them solely because of their race.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Hazo posted:

They both practically winked at the camera after saying they needed muscle and could pay for it while the main musical theme for a battle hardened bounty hunter plays, someone who they both have recent experience of working with, and someone who the audience would enjoy seeing show up

But yeah sure it'll be that random dude mandalorian bo katan had in that one episode and then we never saw again

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

p sure i saw it bite the head off a gamo but it's been a while

gently caress OP was talking about a bantha sheeeeit

yeah rancors eat the gently caress out of meat lol

also it ate the gamo whole

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Mandalorian theme is for him, not his show. Like you don't play the James Bond riff to get people excited for Moneypenny showing up.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Butterfly Valley posted:

They both practically winked at the camera after saying they needed muscle and could pay for it while the main musical theme for a battle hardened bounty hunter plays, someone who they both have recent experience of working with, and someone who the audience would enjoy seeing show up

But yeah sure it'll be that random dude mandalorian bo katan had in that one episode and then we never saw again

Yeah thanks, already said I had the timelines mixed up. It’s definitely Din. My mistake.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What I'm wondering is if Mando will be ruling Mandalore when he shows up on Boba Fett or if he's still gonna be recruiting to take back the planet. I hope he's still building an army because it would kind of suck if one of the plot hooks for season 3 of Mando got resolved offscreen and only addressed in a crossover Boba fett episode.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

that's a big leap yo

he needs to wield his talking saber during the gathering of the mandalos

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

What I'm wondering is if Mando will be ruling Mandalore when he shows up on Boba Fett or if he's still gonna be recruiting to take back the planet. I hope he's still building an army because it would kind of suck if one of the plot hooks for season 3 of Mando got resolved offscreen and only addressed in a crossover Boba fett episode.

I'm betting it's going to be neither and Din's still going to be in his post-Grogu "growing a beer belly while taking odd jobs in his broken down Accord" phase

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

They hire Raygun Givens who inexplicably has a perfect copy of bobas armor again.

He explains he got it from Jaster Mareel.

e: I don't think Din is particularly interested in becoming THE MANDALORE. He's not only Refusing the Call he blocked the number.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 20, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
An army of dank ferriks and salty barves

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

That's a good point about it being more of a character theme than a show theme. Sign me up to Mando dual wielding a Beskar spear and the Darksaber and getting into that Merc lifestyle. We know he needs a ship too, so maybe Boba can hook him up with one (probably not ~The Firespray Gunship~ but some nice new ship to move some toys and lego sets).

I'm mostly not expecting Mando to show up because Pedro Pascal has been busy as hell lately with a significant part in that Nic Cage movie + Mandolorian season 3 + The Last of Us, but I guess it's pretty easy to slide him over from one Star Wars show to another while they're shooting at around the same-ish time.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

We see in the very first episode that the tribute the Trandoshan crime lord brought to Fett was a wookie skin.

Krrsantan had every reason to hate those fuckers.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Cross-Section posted:

I'm betting it's going to be neither and Din's still going to be in his post-Grogu "growing a beer belly while taking odd jobs in his broken down Accord" phase

He doesn't have a ship anymore. He is going to be taking public transit in his full armor, with the darksaber and his pulse rifle and the beskar spear, getting weird looks from everyone else on that space train.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Trains are fine, but I want to see how weird the space bus gets. Speaking of, I really want a space trucker Star Wars show where space rednecks can hang out at space truckstops and fight off space bandits.

e: Also this was easily the best episode of Fett yet. Definitely funnier and looser and more lived-in. The bar fight finally made BK click with me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We’re definitely getting Din this next episode, and he better have his loving Darksaber for some Pyke syndicate carving.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

NowonSA posted:

That's a good point about it being more of a character theme than a show theme. Sign me up to Mando dual wielding a Beskar spear and the Darksaber and getting into that Merc lifestyle. We know he needs a ship too, so maybe Boba can hook him up with one (probably not ~The Firespray Gunship~ but some nice new ship to move some toys and lego sets).

I'm mostly not expecting Mando to show up because Pedro Pascal has been busy as hell lately with a significant part in that Nic Cage movie + Mandolorian season 3 + The Last of Us, but I guess it's pretty easy to slide him over from one Star Wars show to another while they're shooting at around the same-ish time.

It's both a character theme and a show theme because the show in question is named after that character and about that character. I got to say I am really surprised there is any debate about whether he's showing up, that ending is just a couple of steps short of saying "MANDO" in neon letters.

Boba: We need some help from someone... I wonder who?

DISTINCTIVE THEME FROM WELL KNOWN CHARACTER PLAYS

SHOW ENDS.

GOONS: :iiam:

Karloff fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 20, 2022

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Karloff posted:

It's both a character theme and a show theme because the show in question is named after that character and about that character. I got to say I am really surprised there is any debate about whether he's showing up, that ending is just a couple of steps short of saying "MANDO" in neon letters.

Boba: We need some help from someone... I wonder who?

DISTINCTIVE THEME FROM WELL KNOWN CHARACTER PLAYS

SHOW ENDS.

You're right, I think he's gonna get Luke to come back and help clean up his home.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

It won't be here, but I do want Luke to keep popping up in the Star Wars TV stuff they're doing. Give me more of him doing big hero stuff before he sets up his doomed Jedi academy. Luke got into so many absolutely insane situations in the EU/Legends stuff, and I'd love to see them cast someone younger for the role and see more full Jedi Master Luke on screen.

After enough time passes, maybe they'll even do a show that gives us a Han/Leia/Luke team-up series with some fresh actors in the roles. There's still plenty of time gaps in between films (and even the proper canon books) to tell some "the big trio save the day" stories. It's probably not something they want to do anytime soon, but it seems like something that'd be hard to mess up with the love SW fans have for those characters helping to paper over whatever flaws that show may have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

this ep really opened up the lore by showing the installation of a robot colon on Fennec's character, which answered a lot of questions I had about cyber-Maul ( did he use a sith colostomy, etc)

much to think about with the possibilities of a cybernetically enhanced gi tract.