Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lmao mistrial inbound. jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
it's probably fine

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
liz's most powerful cray-ze yet

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Justice 4 Jussie

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I appreciated this episode for presenting evidence in a way that makes me feel less crazy. Some of the rhetoric on this topic at times came off as... a bit much? Like yeah, the CPD sucks absolute rear end and is terrible and is known for a million awful things, but can't it also be possible that a star is a narcissist who comes up w/ a poorly thought out plan?

Fake Edit: The "letter" is insane.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Boywhiz88 posted:

I appreciated this episode for presenting evidence in a way that makes me feel less crazy. Some of the rhetoric on this topic at times came off as... a bit much? Like yeah, the CPD sucks absolute rear end and is terrible and is known for a million awful things, but can't it also be possible that a star is a narcissist who comes up w/ a poorly thought out plan?

Fake Edit: The "letter" is insane.

Yes, both things are true. But that still doesn't make me side with CPD on this issue or literally any issue whatsoever.

A long time ago I said "gently caress da police no matter what" and this french guy is still under the purview of "no matter what". It is such an easy heuristic to follow I don't understand how others have trouble with it.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

KirbyKhan posted:

It is such an easy heuristic to follow I don't understand how others have trouble with it.

Yeah because it's stupid

"oh this guy raped somebody"

"FUCKKK THA POLICE COMIN STR8 FROM THA UNDERGROUND" :mad:

Sometimes people do lovely things and it's too bad that the police are the ones who have to enforce what happens after the fact in cases of genuine wrongdoing but the alternative is not ~let everyone go~ if you think about it for more than 5 seconds

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe 1% of the people currently sitting in jail in the US deserve to be there, and I’m talking about like New Jersey Ice Man or Timothy McVeigh or Ghislaine Maxwell, people who would qualify for Arkham Asylum in Gotham City level mutant freaks. Basically everyone less crazy than them probably just needs mental health treatment, medical care, and/or basic security needs like food and shelter and they would probably not have hurt someone or committed a victimless crime like selling weed or pussy to their bills, and locking them in a box without any resources is not going to turn them into a good person, it only ever turns them into a worse version of themselves.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe 1% of the people currently sitting in jail in the US deserve to be there, and I’m talking about like New Jersey Ice Man or Timothy McVeigh or Ghislaine Maxwell, people who would qualify for Arkham Asylum in Gotham City level mutant freaks. Basically everyone less crazy than them probably just needs mental health treatment, medical care, and/or basic security needs like food and shelter and they would probably not have hurt someone or committed a victimless crime like selling weed or pussy to their bills, and locking them in a box without any resources is not going to turn them into a good person, it only ever turns them into a worse version of themselves.

turns out even people outside of prison could use those things but alas here we are

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
you know what else is bad? capitalism.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
hilarious that this insanely high-profile case connected to so many incalculably powerful people stands between this SDNY judge and an even cushier, more powerful circuit gig. lord knows how many Network-style speeches about “powers beyond her comprehension “she’s given about how she needs to wrap this up quickly without any big names coming out, only for this dumbfuck juror to blab to the media just when she thought it was all over.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

still :lol:ing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Bought one of their hats and strange coincidence my credit card info was stolen immediately? Still looking forward to the hat.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

KirbyKhan posted:

It is such an easy heuristic to follow I don't understand how others have trouble with it.

Okay, Holden.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Androies posted:

Bought one of their hats and strange coincidence my credit card info was stolen immediately? Still looking forward to the hat.

Lol I bought a hat almost a month ago and it still hasn't been shipped yet. Hmmmmm

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

emo-ignorance posted:

Lol I bought a hat almost a month ago and it still hasn't been shipped yet. Hmmmmm

I got the text message with the tracking info and it's apparently just been sitting somewhere waiting to get taken to the post office in Portland??

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they contracted nick mullen to do the packing

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Androies posted:

I got the text message with the tracking info and it's apparently just been sitting somewhere waiting to get taken to the post office in Portland??

Yep! Same for me. I sent an email the other day asking where my package was and it got shipped out the next day lol

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

i say swears online posted:

they contracted nick mullen to do the packing

Wasn't Nick really good about packing stuff? I remember he would go on Instagram Live and it would literally just be him folding boxes and packing orders in silence unless somebody called him.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
that would be very in character

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
ASMR (autistic shirt mailing routine)

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh hell yeah:

https://twitter.com/leftfordamian/status/1484350393983254530?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Androies posted:

Wasn't Nick really good about packing stuff? I remember he would go on Instagram Live and it would literally just be him folding boxes and packing orders in silence unless somebody called him.

yeah i just remembered it was funny that he would handle everything himself; i guess existing platforms wouldn't have authorized his t-shirt designs, or he just wanted an extra buck of profit margin

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:laugh:

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1485693280914337792?cxt=HHwWgMCr4duKn54pAAAA

selec
Sep 6, 2003

My wife ordered this in the tie dye and goddamn it surprised the poo poo out of me first time she wore it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

selec posted:

My wife ordered this in the tie dye and goddamn it surprised the poo poo out of me first time she wore it

never sever

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ordered one. Catch me wearing this to all my family gatherings, im old enough to be the crazy uncle now

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I could swear TrueAnon or a related podcast explained where the urine cure theories comes from. Does anyone remember an episode about that?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think Brace & Liz have simply completely avoided talking about COVID on their conspiracy theories podcasts, and I’m so grateful for that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I think Brace & Liz have simply completely avoided talking about COVID on their conspiracy theories podcasts, and I’m so grateful for that.

Same. They helped me cope during the onset and then moved on to more relevant poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

Red Scare took up the slack :)

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

selec posted:

Yeah I completely missed those in Size Fat and I'm still bummed. I might just tie dye one of the white ones myself.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bust Rodd posted:

??? they had a covid episode, and it was very good

https://soundcloud.com/trueanonpod/delta-male-trailer
https://mega.nz/file/1Qp0DLZQ#wA_llCsO-QgQPR34-o9CUFdF2obB8JZCmy2NmGr6_Gw

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

You’d need some balls of steel or be completely not self aware to wear this if you’re in flyover country, lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

true anon continuing to be the absolute best podcast

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I just meant that over the plan-DEMS-ick! they’ve given relatively minor bandwidth to the globally distressing COVID-19 trutherism horseshit when they could have easily spent months doing different crackpot COVID conspiracies and making things worse. I just appreciate that Brace & Liz try not to simply disseminate bad facts and misinformation for the sake of the show.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

bi crimes posted:

You’d need some balls of steel or be completely not self aware to wear this if you’re in flyover country, lmao

Is Alabama better or worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is Alabama better or worse

It's better than Mississippi! :yayclod: