Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
use the figurines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

christmas boots posted:

use the figurines

You should be lined up against the wall and shot.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

sebzilla posted:

Rhetoric: Of course you can, relationships are just a matter of saying exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

that's more like Suggestion though

Caufman
May 7, 2007

YggiDee posted:

I actually stalled for a few in-game hours before I reached the end because I wanted to internalize Waste Land of Reality. I didn't really want to take advice from the Cirque de Soleil crab priest man but getting sober honestly seemed like a good idea. Replaced Hobocop.

That dude was such a self-righteous jerk. I'm glad I got my motivation to live better from the black supremacist.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Side quest question about a big wall.

Somehow managed to pass the Conceptualize check for painting the wall but my game crashed immediately after and I don’t care to save scum a million more times to get it to pass. Is there still an event or conversation I need to have still before I can make it easier to do that? I’m on day 3 still and already have the fuel canister for it.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Cpt_Obvious posted:

You can tell Kim you hate him because of his race, you can tell him you believe in a fascist wonderland where people like him are second class citizens and women are possessions, and he'll still give you his gun. In Kim's mind supporting a fellow officer is more important than the fact that Harry lost his badge, his gun, and all of his memory. That alone should be enough for Kim to never hand you a weapon. It's the same brain disease that made people cry "such a tragedy, but what can you do?" during the George Floyd protests: moralism.

If you've read the prequel (technically it takes place in the future, but it lends a lot of context onto where the series is going despite jumping all over the timeline even within it's own series of events) novel "A Sacred and Terrible Air" you'll know that it goes a lot further than that.

Huge spoilers for the untranslated book in the same setting that people have posted on the reddit over time, along with stuff about where the sequel is probably going to go:

Moralintern is allegedly responsible for initiating a first strike nuclear attack on Revachol a few years before the Pale begins devouring all of the planet. While people posting stuff is sparse, it seems like their justification is supposedly that a new revolution threatened the status quo. Though since the entire planet is literally falling apart by that point who even knows at that point.

Given their shifty behavior in the game it's pretty obvious that the Deserter was probably right about them, the face of capital, and all that jazz. What is known for sure is that their response to Revachol gaining independence wasn't a measured response but instead to just go completely rabid in the face of "failure"* and to straight up nuke the place off the face of the planet. It might have had something to do with people wanting something better than a bunch of hyper capitalists steadily marching the world towards an apocalyptic finish with no care for the consequences of their actions.

Which, given their other behavior in game suggests that some elements of Moralintern are straight up an inadvertent (possibly a deliberate, given some of the other possibilities regarding Dolores Dei) apocalypse cult via not wanting anyone to threaten their power no matter what happens. Better the world ends due to the status quo being gutless than the status quo ends due to parts of the world believing in something.

And given that it's a possibility that the Pale can be contained or straight up obliterated via collective strong belief in something it's possible that Dolores Dei' whole genocidal "Army of Humanity" bullshit was her way of trying to avert this outcome via genocidal colonialist/imperialist fanaticism. Only for her to vastly misinterpret the nature of what she was building since Dolores Dei was by all accounts a horrible human being who deserved the bullet she had coming to her from her bodyguard.

That is, if she was even human at all to begin with. Connecting the dots on other really spoilery stuff in the game and the book apparently suggests that no, she was in fact not human since it matches up with how the Pale works.

TL;DR: The Deserter, the apocalypse cop, and that one Shivers conversation where the city begs you to save it from being murdered by way of nuke basically spells out a small part of what the sequel is probably going to either lead into or focus on if/when it happens.

* They were never about making things better, just control through a stated set of goals that justified the control. Think of the way some centrists/politicians insist they need power to fix obvious problems, but then take no action to do so; instead enriching themselves with the position they obtained. Basically, all the stuff about centrism and incrementalism and how it ties into the Ultraliberal take on capitalism and all that jazz plays into that. There's a neat post on Reddit about the nukes and Moralintern that goes into what it's really about that I wish I could post here. But that'd make this a real wall of text.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 19, 2022

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Archonex posted:

If you've read the prequel (technically far future sequel) novel "A Sacred and Terrible Air" you'll know that it goes a lot further than that.

Huge spoilers for the untranslated book in the same setting that people have posted on the reddit over time, along with stuff about where the sequel is probably going to go:

Moralintern is allegedly responsible for initiating a first strike nuclear attack on Revachol a few years before the Pale begins devouring all of the planet. Their justification is supposedly that a new revolution threatened the status quo, though since there's barely anyone left alive at that point it's hard to say why they did it. Given their shifty behavior in the rest of the game it's pretty obvious that the Deserter was probably right about them and the face of capital and all that jazz. What is known for sure is that their response to Revachol gaining independence was to straight up blast it off the face of the planet. It might have had something to do with people wanting something better than a bunch of hyper capitalists steadily marching the world towards an apocalyptic finish with no care for the consequences of their actions.

Which, given their other behaviors in game suggests that some elements of Moralintern are straight up an inadvertent (possibly a deliberate, given some of the other possibilities regarding Dolores Dei) apocalypse cult via not wanting anyone to threaten their power no matter what happens. Better the world ends due to the status quo being gutless than the status quo ends due to the world believing in something.

And given that it's a possibility that the Pale can be contained or straight up obliterated via collective strong belief in something it's possible that Dolores Dei' whole "Army of Humanity" genocidal bullshit was her way of trying to avert this outcome. Only for her to vastly misinterpret the nature of what she was building since Dolores Dei was by all accounts a horrible human being who deserved the bullet she had coming to her from her bodyguard.

That is, if she was even human at all to begin with. Connecting the dots on other really spoilery stuff in the game and the book apparently suggests that no, she was in fact not human since it matches up with how the Pale works.

TL;DR: The Deserter and that one really nightmarish Shivers conversation where the city begs you to save it from being murdered by way of nuke basically spells out a small part of what the sequel is probably going to either lead into or focus on.

This also means out of all the four spirit vision quests the moralist one is probably canon, as you have to do all the church stuff and thus figure out what The Silence is in the church before you can use the equipment to contact the airships, and if you pass the final skill check and mention the pale the moralintern tries abducting you because they really REALLY don't want anybody knowing about it[but that also gives you the achievement!].
Probably also because the whole "we must do things veeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly (to preserve our position on top the hierarchy)" also coincides with the pale veeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly devouring everything and by the time moralists :airquote: achieve :airquote: what they are building towards, the pale just destroyed everything and everybody just kinda sat back and watched. And someone thinking "we should at least TRY to do something!" and thus revolution or whatever is too chaotic or hasty, and we can't have that, so time to break out the missiles!

It's heavy poo poo.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also last night I had a disco elysium dream where there was a super obscure check/series of events that could allow you to buy a bunch of pebbles from the kids in the village, if you pass you pay only 60 cents for the stones, but if you fail you must pay 60 dollars for the stones. I think it was a savior faire check of all things

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

EorayMel posted:

This also means out of all the four spirit vision quests the moralist one is probably canon, as you have to do all the church stuff and thus figure out what The Silence is in the church before you can use the equipment to contact the airships, and if you pass the final skill check and mention the pale the moralintern tries abducting you because they really REALLY don't want anybody knowing about it[but that also gives you the achievement!].
Probably also because the whole "we must do things veeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly (to preserve our position on top the hierarchy)" also coincides with the pale veeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly devouring everything and by the time moralists :airquote: achieve :airquote: what they are building towards, the pale just destroyed everything and everybody just kinda sat back and watched. And someone thinking "we should at least TRY to do something!" and thus revolution or whatever is too chaotic or hasty, and we can't have that, so time to break out the missiles!

It's heavy poo poo.

Weirdly enough, the Moralist one may not be entirely canon. It's only the canon ending if you're stupid enough or enough of an ignorant wreck (or idiot) to actually believe them and board that airship. Not only can you not show up at the extraction site, but you can show one of Archer's staff members that Moralintern is full of poo poo and useless at anything except securing their own power. Ducking their attention is entirely possible. What's more, the Moralist vision quest can apparently let you hear lines from Kim from the future over the radio even though he isn't actually saying it. If you don't board the airship then you will discover that he says them at the end of the game when confronting the Deserter.

I forget what I was reading when I had the realization but it's also possible that there's multiple possible timelines in play.

The reason for this being that the Pale essentially lets humans steal ideas and innovation from the future at the cost of vastly expanding the Pale if you're one of the beings capable of processing it properly. This is something that is especially true if you're a Magpie*. And it's heavily implied that the protagonist might in fact be one. Maybe even the first one if that dialogue about him stepping into this reality caused cracks to show on the shear face of god wasn't just more insane rambling from him. Ditto for if Dolores Dei wasn't one and was something else entirely as suggested.

Actually, some of the stuff to do with the Pale can put her taking the place of his ex in his dreams in a new and far more freaky/sinister light. Especially when you realize the one obvious cryptid that can keep dragging him back to that dream (that causes him to act self destructively at best, and suicidally at worst) could be all over the place during the game even before you officially meet it. Said cryptid is part of a species convinced humanity will literally get everything destroyed eventually. How's that for some paranoia fuel? :unsmigghh:

There's some artwork that goes into this, in fact. Check out this site from someone who did art for the game. https://victoranomalous.wixsite.com/mysite/disco-elysium

Thing is, it's never made certain that there is just one future. And as the thing with the airship, the radio, and Kim proves, some of the future events are taking place in what has to be an unrealized alternate reality.

You can't board the airship and hear Kim speak those lines in person. Likewise, you can't hear those lines from the radio be actually spoken in person and board the airship. If Harry is in fact a Magpie (and there's a lot of signs suggesting he is) then these things he hears are determinative based on the choices he makes. One timeline occurs, another remains a possibility unstolen and unrealized. Where it really gets crazy though is when you factor in novelties and how they can gently caress up the whole "steals things from the future at the cost of making the Pale more present" aspect of the Pale.

Basically, one definitive thing you can take away from this is that thanks to probably ramming his head into a 2mm hole in reality/possibly receiving high exposure to a cryptid/being so broken as to not think linearly anymore (Fun fact, Kim can straight up break if you start hamming it up with this sort of poo poo. Dude's a perfect example of someone who couldn't be a Magpie as he is.) Harry is really hosed in the skull in a way that even a Malkavian would be horrified about. And that loving may literally transcend space and time (if the Phasmids aren't all over the place, basically accidentally dragging him back to his own worst memories every time he gets over his existential crisis. Kind of rephrases their lines about lifting him up once the visions take him for good.) in multiple non-linear ways. :psyduck:

* Magpies are essentially humans adapted to the Pale that let them yank ideas and concepts out of the future into the present. This is really bad for reality, since it brings the Pale closer to the present as a corrosive byproduct as well. Basically, ideas and innovation stolen from the future instead of created by originality creates a sort of existential toxic waste. Said Pale is corrosive to beings both mentally and physically. If enough of it is present in the present due to dickery with seeing the future by opportunistic bastards (IE: What the bodyguard that killed Dolores said: "Dolores Dei stole the potential for us to learn things on our own!" or something like that.) or people who don't know better it can also literally dissolve reality itself like in "A Sacred and Terrible Air".

Given that Pale exposure causes severe mental illness, there is a 2mm hole in reality that Harry might have rammed his head into at some point, and he exhibits a whole bunch of supernaturally mentally ill symptoms while also getting the dubious perks of extra sensory awareness and future sight...Yeah. He's probably more than just hosed in the head given that Shivers will straight up let you predict events almost two decades out. Given the specifics of the setting he really is a harbinger of the coming apocalypse!

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 19, 2022

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Archonex posted:

Weirdly enough, the Moralist one may not be entirely canon. It's only the canon ending if you're stupid enough or enough of an ignorant wreck or idiot to actually believe them and board that airship. Not only can you not show up at the extraction site, but you can show one of Archer's staff members that Moralintern is full of poo poo and useless at anything except securing their own power. Ducking their attention is entirely possible. What's more, the Moralist vision quest can apparently let you hear lines from Kim from the future over the radio even though he isn't actually saying it. If you don't board the airship then you will discover that he says them at the end of the game when confronting the Deserter.

I forget what I was reading when I had the realization but it's also possible that there's multiple possible timelines in play.

The reason for this being that the Pale essentially lets humans steal ideas and innovation from the future (Something that is especially true if you're a Magpie*. And it's heavily implied that the protagonist might in fact be one. Maybe even the first one if that dialogue about him stepping into this reality caused cracks to show on the shear face of god or whatever isn't just more insane rambling from him and Dolores Dei wasn't one/was something else entirely. It certainly can put her taking the place of his ex in his dreams in a new more sinister light, at least. Especially when you realize the one obvious cryptid could be all over the place during the game even before you officially meet it. :unsmigghh:) at the cost of vastly expanding the Pale if you're one of the beings capable of processing it properly.

There's some artwork that goes into this, in fact. Check out this site from someone who did art for the game. https://victoranomalous.wixsite.com/mysite/disco-elysium

Thing is, it's never made certain that there is just one future. And as the thing with the airship, the radio, and Kim proves, some of the future events are taking place in an alternate reality.
You can't board the airship and hear Kim speak those lines. You can't hear those lines from the radio and board the airship. One timeline occurs, another remains possibility unstolen. Where is really gets crazy though is when you factor in novelties and how they can gently caress up the whole "steals things from the future" aspect of the Pale.

Basically, one definitive thing you can take away from this is that thanks to probably ramming his head into a 2mm hole in reality/possibly receiving high exposure to a cryptid Harry is really hosed in the skull in a way that even a Malkavian would be horrified about. And that loving may literally transcend space and time (if the Phasmids aren't all over the place, basically accidentally dragging him back to his own worst memories every time he gets over his existential crisis. Kind of rephrases their lines about lifting him up once the visions take him for good.)
in multiple non-linear ways. :psyduck:

* Magpies are essentially humans adapted to the Pale that let them yank ideas and concepts out of the future into the present. This is really bad for reality, since it brings the Pale closer as well.

Yet another reason why Half Light is The Best Skill™ offering you a Very Relevant Thought

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Or to put it another way, Rhetoric is really loving tired of your limp wristed I can't care if the apocalypse occurs the world wants me to take a side and I don't want to care bullshit. :v:

quote:

You: These options seems awfully fascist or communist — what if I don't wanna say them?
Rhetoric: Say one of these fascist or communist things or gently caress off.

Which is awfully funny/a bit creepy with the realization that all of his functions are trying to protect his safety and well being in at least some way.

The dude's brain is basically a soused up alcohol puree, he's got a literal mind hive of various mental, ideological, and aspirational functions bickering inside of him, and they're all trying to get him to perk the gently caress up and realize that the end is literally nigh and he needs to get his poo poo together now. If not due to his own personal issues getting him killed in the immediate future then because he's got actual supernatural powers that let him know there is literally multiple flavors of apocalyptic bullshit heading his and the world's way in the next twenty or so years and someone needs to do something about it.

Shame the one person that can clearly see it is basically human wreckage that no one would take seriously, though. :shrug:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 19, 2022

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Archonex posted:

Or to put it another way, Rhetoric is really loving tired of your limp wristed I can't care if the apocalypse occurs the world wants me to take a side and I don't want to care bullshit. :v:

Which is awfully funny/a bit creepy with the realization that all of his functions are trying to protect his safety and well being in at least some way..

The dude's brain is basically a soused up alcohol puree, he's got a literal mind hive of various mental, ideological, and aspirational functions bickering inside of him, and they're all trying to get him to perk the gently caress up and realize that the end is literally nigh and he needs to get his poo poo together now. If not due to his own personal issues getting him killed then because there is literally multiple flavors of apocalyptic bullshit heading his and the world's way in the next twenty or so years..

But have you considered the following? :viggo:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

EorayMel posted:

But have you considered the following? :viggo:

You say I got nothing out of it, but you're skipping over that +5 XP. Gimme those meaningless rewards.

I need them like I need Mr. Evart helping me find my gun.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 19, 2022

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I love this thread.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Mr. Evart is helping me find my gun.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009
So.... the final cut is definitely worth playing then if I played the original release version when it came out?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Mr. Evart is helping me find my gun.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

oxford_town posted:

So.... the final cut is definitely worth playing then if I played the original release version when it came out?

100%. The new political quests alone are worth a replay and the full voice-acting is fantastic too.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

"It's *totally* also a coping mechanism," was such a good response.

oxford_town posted:

Disco Elysium is worth replaying at least five times. Maybe even 50 times. Maybe quit your job and become an expert in the fictional field of entroponetics. It's very interesting!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

So I just had a wild theory that depends on the answer to a question. What's the average level of technology in the setting? Do we get a clear look at that?

I ask since if the Moralintern/their alliance are way ahead then it might mean they've been exploiting CCP's to steal ideas from the future ever since Dolores cocked things up. The bodyguard even exclaims something to this effect as to why he killed her, aside from her supposedly not being human. Of course this partially contradicts the whole apocalyptic countdown stuff as far as I know, but I just was looking at that scene with the mercs again and it's pretty loving wild compared to even what you'd expect the Moralintern to have at that point in the game.

The mercs (Which are noted to be really lovely mercs in a very incompetent company at that.) are packing some weird space age looking armor that is borderline impervious powered armor and their basic rifle is suggested on a glancing hit to basically hit like a 50 cal round at the very least if it had hit dead on. They make it sound like one direct hit from one of those things will straight up instagib part of you. It's way out of line with the rest of the setting and even Moralintern's airship tech they have floating over Revachol.

The reason I ask is if their tech is really that wild then it potentially explains why the Moralintern attempts to vanish you if you report the 2mm hole. It also has some insightful commentary about their ideology as a whole. They might not have even earned what they have in the first place. Everything from Dolores genocidal expansion and the Army of Humanity, the fall of communist Revachol in a war against them, to the current state of affairs could at least partially be the result of a literal theft of ideas and potential from smarter and more capable people executed on a grand scale. Which is actually kind of on point with the themes of the game. They just stole it from a future that probably ain't going to happen now so they could profit off of it through warfare, imperialism, and the impression of their ideology on the world.

Of course that would mean they can't have someone wandering around talking about a hole in reality since the implications behind it are a threat to their power in more than just a generic doomsday threat (that has no real bearing on why the Moralintern would straight up kidnap and unperson you). Hence why the game makes it seem more like Harry just straight up gets abducted and shipped off to a black site or murdered rather than him joining whatever secret taskforce to close the thing before it eats Revachol.

And it's not just a fear of someone else repeating what they did to gain a massive technological and economic edge on everyone else. If people start finding holes in reality outside of the Pale (In Revanchol's case in a church to Dolores Dei, no less. Talk about an international incident and PR snafu waiting to happen.) they're going to start researching it and possibly end up drawing the right conclusions to point fingers at the Moralintern. Kinda like how oil companies worked with many powerful countries to cover up the effects of climate change for decades until some amount of damage was ensured and it was blatantly obvious who was at fault, only with less unpersoning and murder.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 20, 2022

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The ending of the communist vision quest is someone seriously bearing their soul.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Hmm, on the Moralist vision quest, I actually had not considered that Harry is killed/disappeared by the Moralintern if he gets on the airship until reading this thread. I just assumed he joined a high-speed taskforce and ghosted all his old colleagues. If they did want to cover up the reality-hole, wouldn't they need to disappear everyone involved and not just Harry?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Caufman posted:

Hmm, on the Moralist vision quest, I actually had not considered that Harry is killed/disappeared by the Moralintern if he gets on the airship until reading this thread. I just assumed he joined a high-speed taskforce and ghosted all his old colleagues. If they did want to cover up the reality-hole, wouldn't they need to disappear everyone involved and not just Harry?

Harry is the only one talking to them, and presumably they don't care about Kim/anybody else along for the ride. Or they are going to round them up. Later. Muuuuuuuuuuuch later as per moralism

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Caufman posted:

I mean, when you realize that they're just as willing to use murderous force and manipulation/outright treachery* to force civilians to comply with their desires as the Revancholian royalists, communists, ultraliberals, and fascists once did (as evidenced by the threat of the airship hanging overhead) it's not a large stretch to realize that deep beneath the façade of civility, cries for procedure and decorum to put off people attempting to fix issues, and the insistence that they are the one true face of enlightened civilization that they're just yet another authoritarian state that is insistent on monopolizing force against those outside the beneficiary in-group for their own selfish ends.

Hell, the deserter even spells it out. Crazy as he is, and as much as he falsely dehumanizes an entire nation full of people who don't deserve to be generalized, what his rant about the Moralintern brand of ideology/capitalism gets at is that the people in charge of the Moralintern are just as loving awful and casually murderous in pursuit of their own profit as the authoritarians like the royalists, communists, and fascists before them were.

It's just that his own trauma and the Cryptid keeps him so hyper-focused on the capitalists that murdered his friends that he doesn't realize (Maybe there's a conversation prompt for that? I don't know.) that it's not just the capitalists that are the problem. It's literally loving everyone that ever blighted Revachol with their ambition to rule over others while giving not a poo poo about the actual people who lived there. Evart's a perfect example of this problem (He has no problem getting the Hardie Boys murdered if it means advancing his plans, and even almost outright shrugs it off by saying that they weren't even his best men so who cares really?), and an example of who or what type of person could be in charge next.

Moralintern is just the latest in a long line of awful people controlling Revachol that don't deserve to rule anything at all. They just have better PR for the time being.

*That's how the right wing grifters that make up the ultraliberals joined up. They literally betrayed Revachol's communist party for even more money and power and the Moralintern was entirely down with this despite it supposedly being against their values to act in such a crass way.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 20, 2022

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Yeah I didn't think the MoralIntern are good people or above disappearing folks they think are threats, but it just be less ambiguous to me what happens to Harry when he boards the airship if Elena was as insistent that any other people involved get on this airship as well. I'd have to replay it again, because I don't remember if Soona makes her presence known on the call, but I thought that Kim does.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

wiegieman posted:

The ending of the communist vision quest is someone seriously bearing their soul.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Starting my obnoxious fash thug play-through now. Already feel bad about being a dick to Kim. This loving game, man. It's got under my skin. Unquestionably the best RPG I ever played. I want more... A tabletop RPG set in the world. A movie starring Clive Owen. A t-shirt.

Prole fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 20, 2022

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

wiegieman posted:

In the dark times, should the stars also go out?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Prole posted:

Starting my obnoxious fash thug play-through now. Already feel bad about being a dick to Kim. This loving game, man. It's got under my skin. Unquestionably the best RPG I ever played. I want more... A tabletop RPG set in the world. A movie starring Clive Owen. A t-shirt.

The crowning achievement of my fascist playthrough was toward the end of the game when I called Speedfreaks FM, mentioned Kim by name, and got us denounced by the DJ on-the-air and told never to listen again

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

christmas boots posted:

The crowning achievement of my fascist playthrough was toward the end of the game when I called Speedfreaks FM, mentioned Kim by name, and got us denounced by the DJ on-the-air and told never to listen again

Ironically enough, poo poo like this made me completely lose my admiration for Kim. Like, have some self respect man! Walk off the job. Call hq and demand that Harry be taken off the case. Yell. Something.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ironically enough, poo poo like this made me completely lose my admiration for Kim. Like, have some self respect man! Walk off the job. Call hq and demand that Harry be taken off the case. Yell. Something.

He's a Moralist. He has no self-respect.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Cpt_Obvious posted:

He couldn't handle the truth, bröther.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Samovar posted:

He's a Moralist. He has no self-respect.

Is this where we find out that Kim is a piece of poo poo, actually?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Orange Devil posted:

Thats only if you force kim to reveal his secrets

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There are a lot of things I will do in this game but I will never be mean to sweet, precious Kimothy.

Even a fascist, racist piece of poo poo should be nice to Kimball, because all that fascism and racism is meant for the faceless, nebulous "others". Not my friend though, he's "one of the good ones".

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Orange Devil posted:

He has never tweeted #Medicare4All, that is for certain.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Antagonizing Kim and even pushing him to his breaking point, while it may permenantly disfigure your moral character, also gives him an opportunity to be at his best, or at least at his most pain-tolerant/masochistic.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Nessus posted:

He has never tweeted #Medicare4All, that is for certain.

he might've posted #BipartisanMeansTestedHealthCareVouchers4Some though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

oscarthewilde posted:

he might've posted #BipartisanMeansTestedHealthCareVouchers4Some though
I'm not sure he's posted at all.

The detective, of course, has posted. Indeed he can do little else, save solve the case.