Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Eventually the owl will hit its predetermined kill limit and shut down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Inceltown posted:

Professional bowls is serious business. There is an Australian documentary called "Crackerjack" that goes in to a bit of the history and importance of the sport.

It just looks like lovely curling.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

You look like lovely Curly

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

iwentdoodie posted:

It just looks like lovely curling.

Can you go get hammered curling in the sun by the ocean barefoot all year round?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

This is the owl equivalent of when I hoard Arby's Beef'n'Cheddars around my mattress.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r5magyDT2p1qigfjt.mp4

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Aren't there rules against taking a ball down field without dribbling? Like, it makes the sport too dangerous when opponents try to tackle, and it kind of ruins the spirit of the sport?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Aren't there rules against taking a ball down field without dribbling? Like, it makes the sport too dangerous when opponents try to tackle, and it kind of ruins the spirit of the sport?

I imagine at some point someone has kicked another person in the head and said, "What? I was trying to kick the ball."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Maybe this is the indoor soccer equivalent of the Harlem Globtrotters, where it's all flashy moves. Instead of spinning the ball on their finger, this guy let's it ride on his neck. Next, two guys will bat it down the pitch with folding chairs.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Calculated
Calculated
Nice save!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

freeedr posted:

You look like lovely Curly

Plz no Curly Joe shaming

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Maybe this is the indoor soccer equivalent of the Harlem Globtrotters, where it's all flashy moves. Instead of spinning the ball on their finger, this guy let's it ride on his neck. Next, two guys will bat it down the pitch with folding chairs.

I present Kerlon, l'otarie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYlqql38XkY

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Inceltown posted:

Can you go get hammered curling in the sun by the ocean barefoot all year round?

You can get hammered doing anything barefoot by the ocean. It's practically encouraged

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Field Mousepad posted:

You can get hammered doing anything barefoot by the ocean. It's practically encouraged

That's what I tried to explain to the arresting officer.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Quick, somebody throw a shitfit about the non-union owl.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!

ElGroucho posted:

I imagine at some point someone has kicked another person in the head and said, "What? I was trying to kick the ball."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nd4GBB1s3s

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Lady Disdain posted:

That's what I tried to explain to the arresting officer.

He must have been an rear end in a top hat. The worst I ever got on the beach was a ticket

Field Mousepad has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Jan 18, 2022

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Bodacious am, a whole lotta bull over nineteen hundred pounds

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Actually in awe of the size of this lad.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How in the hell do you ever, ever make that animal do anything it doesn't want to? I can't imagine what it'd take to catch it again.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Ragnar34 posted:

How in the hell do you ever, ever make that animal do anything it doesn't want to? I can't imagine what it'd take to catch it again.

The answer is always snacks.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You can also start with a smaller one and breed it to be yoked af over several centuries.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cocaine Bear posted:

You can also start with a smaller one and breed it to be yoked af over several centuries.

That's a gaur, the largest species of wild bovid. The big bulls can be over 7 feet tall at the shoulder and weigh one and a half tons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaur

E: largest extant species, there was an extinct species of bison that was likely over 8 feet tall at the shoulder and had a hornspan of over 6 feet and probably weighed up to 2 tons.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Jan 19, 2022

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's a gaur, the largest species of wild bovid. The big bulls can be over 7 feet tall at the shoulder and weigh one and a half tons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaur

E: largest extant species, there was an extinct species of bison that was likely over 8 feet tall at the shoulder and had a hornspan of over 6 feet and probably weighed up to 2 tons.

B. latifrons is thought to have evolved in midcontinent North America from B. priscus, another prehistoric species of bison that migrated across the Bering Land Bridge between 240,000 and 220,000 years ago.[11][12][13]

Why would people not have followed these herds across the Bering strait, there were denisovans and neaderthals in Siberia

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's actually the second largest bovid to ever have existed; this one was even bigger.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

QUACKTASTIC posted:

That's actually the second largest bovid to ever have existed; this one was even bigger.

:drat:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

QUACKTASTIC posted:

:golfclap:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

QUACKTASTIC posted:

:discourse: Lol, let it not be said that SA isn't one of the last bastions of top shelf humor.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

DandyLion posted:

:discourse: Lol, let it not be said that SA isn't one of the last bastions of top shelf humor.

SA is where I developed my masterful 'you're mama' trap, where I tell people who might be pedantic that 'you're mama' and when they correct my grammar i hit them back with "wow correcting my grammar, you really are mom" which not only proves them wrong and foolish, but me in turn correct and shrewd

it's a more complex form of my pedant gambit, where you call any old dumb poo poo on the internet pedantic and either they have to pretend they don't know what that words means or they fall for it and correct your usage of pedantic and thereby become a pedant

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

BasicLich posted:

SA is where I developed my masterful 'you're mama' trap, where I tell people who might be pedantic that 'you're mama' and when they correct my grammar i hit them back with "wow correcting my grammar, you really are mom" which not only proves them wrong and foolish, but me in turn correct and shrewd

it's a more complex form of my pedant gambit, where you call any old dumb poo poo on the internet pedantic and either they have to pretend they don't know what that words means or they fall for it and correct your usage of pedantic and thereby become a pedant

Pff, yo mamma's trap is my dick.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

tribbledirigible posted:

Pff, yo mamma's trap is my dick.

:mods:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

BasicLich posted:

presuming you came up with this while crammed into a locker

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Sincereley,

your grammar nazi

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
hahaha we're all dead and gay here

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
few pages back people were posting some insane knapped flint/obsidian/quartz

have some mayan eccentrics

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Herstory Begins Now posted:

few pages back people were posting some insane knapped flint/obsidian/quartz

have some mayan eccentrics

How would you hold these without slicing your own fingers off?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Samovar posted:

I'm guessing that if you're a master knapper, you're going to have something akin to an apprentice or servant or slave whose fingers are far less valuable than your own.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Samovar posted:

that's what makes them badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Samovar posted:

probably leather is good enough, it would at least take a while to slice fully through so if you just keep shifting it around you'd be fine